Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Happy 11,000!; special feature with pics
Topic Started: Feb 26 2009, 06:28 PM (1,282 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Happy 11000!

It's not every day that something turns 11,000! Days of our Lives recently aired our 11,000th episode and everyone got together to celebrate. The traditional cake (in this case, FIVE cakes!) were wheeled out and Ken Corday spoke to the assembled cast and crew.

Check out our photos from this special day:
http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/news_events/gallery_3702.html

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/news_events/detail_3702.html

ETA:The photo gallery isn't coming up right.
Edited by Angie79, Feb 26 2009, 06:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 26 2009, 06:28 PM
It's not every day that something turns 11,000! Days of our Lives recently aired our 11,000th episode and everyone got together to celebrate. The traditional cake (in this case, FIVE cakes!) were wheeled out and Ken Corday spoke to the assembled cast and crew.
And here's what he had to say:

"Hey, guys. I know the show is in the dumps right now. BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT! But as consolation, here's your nifty, collectible T-SHIRT! Oooh! Enjoy - even though your work is less than satis-(looks over at Higley) I mean, the show is AMAZING, right now! Excuse me, I have to go to my office to do...erm, stuff. Enjoy! And remember, it's not my fault!!"

ilovemydays

They got the T-shirts last time. This time they got mugs and pens. LOL

twinkathy

ilovemydays
Feb 26 2009, 06:41 PM
They got the T-shirts last time. This time they got mugs and pens. LOL
Next week he'll be giving out free calendars to mark off the Days till NBC gives him his big fat paycheck!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie! I only see two photos in that gallery. Didn't anyone but SR and JA want to pose with that loser Corday?

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Congratulations on a milestone that not every show achieves.

I wish it nothing more eleven thousand more.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm loving the "Gay Mafia" love! ;)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Jiggs
Feb 26 2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks Angie! I only see two photos in that gallery. Didn't anyone but SR and JA want to pose with that loser Corday?
Jiggs(I always want to type juggs), that is the hottest pic I think I have ever seen of ED! Smokin' hot.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Jiggs
Hmmm...my guess is the cast drew straws and they got the short ones. :huh:

Mason
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 26 2009, 10:11 PM
Jiggs
I'm sure Corday thought a picture with two older actors would prove he's not ageist. :eyeroll:

peaches179

Mason
Feb 26 2009, 10:15 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 26 2009, 10:11 PM
Jiggs
I'm sure Corday thought a picture with two older actors would prove he's not ageist. :eyeroll:

:roflol: :roflol:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I'm happy for DAYS, and all of the people it still provides jobs for in this economy.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Just those 3 pics? WTF?!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What the fuck is wrong? Everywhere I see people whine about this. Yes, Ken Corday took a photo with John and Suzanne, two actors that have been on the show for many years. What the fuck is the big deal?

nikki
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 26 2009, 06:34 PM
Angie79
Feb 26 2009, 06:28 PM
And here's what he had to say:

"Hey, guys. I know the show is in the dumps right now. BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT! But as consolation, here's your nifty, collectible T-SHIRT! Oooh! Enjoy - even though your work is less than satis-(looks over at Higley) I mean, the show is AMAZING, right now! Excuse me, I have to go to my office to do...erm, stuff. Enjoy! And remember, it's not my fault!!"
:lol:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

They have updated with the photo that was missing, still want to bash them?

wkline
Member Avatar

:eyeroll:
Edited by wkline, Mar 1 2009, 02:18 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, seems like all the hoopla is a moot point since they updated the pics. Good pics though. I did like the one with Corday standing with John and Suzanne. No doubt Suzanne is becoming the matriarch now with Alice unable to be prominent and that is the way it should be. I wish they had involved Maggie a bit more sooner. It's always nice seeing John Aniston taking a more prominent role again.

The cast pic looked good. Congrats to Days on the 11,000 and let's hope for much more.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 6 2009, 01:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply