Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Three small casting tidbits from soaps.com
Topic Started: Feb 27 2009, 02:39 PM (1,231 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings

- Ralph Waite returns as ‘Father Matt’ on Monday, March 16.

- Kate sits next to a nosy passenger, played by Edie McClurg on Tuesday, March 17.

- Rafe gets advice from ‘Sister Agnes’, played by Pat Crawford Brown, on Thursday, March 19.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leah09
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 27 2009, 02:39 PM

- Kate sits next to a nosy passenger, played by Edie McClurg on Tuesday, March 17.

Thanks for posting - let's look at Jason's set info for the 16th:

3/16: Cast: Sami, Kate, Lucas, Max, EJ, Tony, Chloe, Nicole, Melanie, Stefano, Rafe, Mia, Will, Victor, Sister Theresa, Father Matt, Flight Attendant # 1, Flight Attendant # 2, Passenger, Justice of the Peace, Grace, Sydney, Bartender U/5.
Sets: Cheatin' Heart, Kiriakis Mansion, Brady Pub, DiMera Mansion, Nice Pier, Sister Theresa's Office, Justice of the Peace Office, Lucas/Chloe's Plane, Kate's Plane, Mia's Plane.

I would have originally thought that Father Matt would be interacting with Daniel but Daniel is NOT on that day. Wonder why he is on? Couldn't be in Vegas, right?...or on Chloe's plane?? or maybe Sis. Theresa's Office??

coffeelover

Thanks Ellie!

Perhaps Father Matt is a Touched by an Angel type of spiritual advisor.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

leah09
Feb 27 2009, 02:48 PM
Ellie

Thanks for posting - let's look at Jason's set info for the 16th:

3/16: Cast: Sami, Kate, Lucas, Max, EJ, Tony, Chloe, Nicole, Melanie, Stefano, Rafe, Mia, Will, Victor, Sister Theresa, Father Matt, Flight Attendant # 1, Flight Attendant # 2, Passenger, Justice of the Peace, Grace, Sydney, Bartender U/5.
Sets: Cheatin' Heart, Kiriakis Mansion, Brady Pub, DiMera Mansion, Nice Pier, Sister Theresa's Office, Justice of the Peace Office, Lucas/Chloe's Plane, Kate's Plane, Mia's Plane.

I would have originally thought that Father Matt would be interacting with Daniel but Daniel is NOT on that day. Wonder why he is on? Couldn't be in Vegas, right?...or on Chloe's plane?? or maybe Sis. Theresa's Office??
He also appears on 3/19 and 3/20. I believe the sweeps previews mentioned Sydney christening and it seems Tony's murder happens around that time too. I bet Fr. Matt will be presiding over the christening. Perhaps they will be keeping him on as the town priest to replace Fr. Jansen, although Fr. Jansen did appear for J&M's farewell in January so who knows.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I LOVE Edie McClurg! She's HILARIOUS!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie

- Rafe gets advice from ‘Sister Agnes’, played by Pat Crawford Brown, on Thursday, March 19.
Wow, amazing how a show on a shoe-string budget can afford such reputable actors in bit parts.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Feb 27 2009, 04:40 PM
Ellie

Wow, amazing how a show on a shoe-string budget can afford such reputable actors in bit parts.
Again great casting ... some of these scene should be funny.

These actors are just like anybody else who welcomes the work!

Alana
Member Avatar

Thank God ...lol, sorry...my hibernation won't be over till then...wake me whwn Kate strangles Chloe...lol

Jiggs
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 27 2009, 04:45 PM
Jiggs
Ellie

Again great casting ... some of these scene should be funny.

These actors are just like anybody else who welcomes the work!
I wasn't disparaging the actors one bit. :shrug:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Edie McClurg is perfect as a nosy passenger.

Can't wait to see it.

Things are looking up.

dooldooldool

Jiggs
I hardly think an octogenarian and a character actress from the 1980s are all that pricey. True, they probably don't make scale, but they also aren't getting tens of thousands of dollars per episode.

I wonder if some of the stunt-casting with "names" is due to the aging actors needing some AFTRA credits to retain their acting benefits (in which case, maybe they do work for scale). I am just too cynical these days.

Edie's most successful career "stint" looks like 4 seasons of "Valerie" with Ken Corday golf buddy Josh Kositchek Tayler.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Mar 1 2009, 02:32 AM
Jiggs
I hardly think an octogenarian and a character actress from the 1980s are all that pricey. True, they probably don't make scale, but they also aren't getting tens of thousands of dollars per episode.

I wonder if some of the stunt-casting with "names" is due to the aging actors needing some AFTRA credits to retain their acting benefits (in which case, maybe they do work for scale). I am just too cynical these days.

Edie's most successful career "stint" looks like 4 seasons of "Valerie" with Ken Corday golf buddy Josh Kositchek Tayler.

Yet, it would be cheaper to hire some unknown character actors to play such parts.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I saw Edie McClurg last night on an old episode of Golden Girls, and I still remember her from that show Small Wonder too......

Ellie

Rhiannon
Mar 2 2009, 07:54 PM
I saw Edie McClurg last night on an old episode of Golden Girls, and I still remember her from that show Small Wonder too......
Small Wonder! And Nadia Bjorlin played Vicki! (Just kidding.)

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ROTLMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply