Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
B&B: March Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 27 2009, 04:57 PM (952 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

The Bold and the Beautiful
Month of March

Classic clip of the month: The very first episode - March 23, 1987 (Part 1)

Quote Post Goto Top

Jablea

I just have to smile watching Kyle Lowder and Ronnie Moss chatter at each other. I tend to think of more what they joke about off screen than what the characters do on screen.

But interesting today with Ridge's talk with his mother, he didn't think Rick would set the fire himself. Made me wonder what would happen if the 2 characters were dumped on on island and had to work with each other to survive. Without trying to score points off of each other and compete for Brook's or Eric's attention would they learn anything about each other that was good?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Jablea
Mar 4 2009, 05:08 PM
Made me wonder what would happen if the 2 characters were dumped on on island and had to work with each other to survive. Without trying to score points off of each other and compete for Brook's or Eric's attention would they learn anything about each other that was good?
I wouldn't mind seeing that LOL

Kenny
Member Avatar

I've been watching a bit of B&B lately and I'm just amazed at how bad it is.

Seriously, the acting has gotten actrocious. Everyone is terrible. Everyone. Ron Moss. Katherine Kelly Lang. Hunter Tylo. The chick who plays Steffy. I honestly don't think any of them are taking it serious anymore. It feels like they're all in a contest to see which of them will end up on "The Soup" next. This whole show is hammier than a pig farm.

Then there's the dialogue, which is just trite and ridiculous. It's rivaling "Passions." If I hear one more person telling Rick that he needs to stay away from Steffy, I'm going to put my fist through the TV set. Does this show even have more than one storyline? Every scene of every episode revolves around Rick, Steffy and how terrible their relationship is for Ridge. Move it along!

It's crazy to think that B&B and Y&R are both Bell shows, yet they're not even comparable. In fact, I don't recall B&B ever being this bad in the past. It's always been a little campier than Y&R, but never to the point where it seemed like they were being terrible on purpose just so Joel McHale could make fun of them.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Damn....I'm watching Tuesday's B&B right now and what was even worse than Uncle Rick and Steffy in post-coital bliss was seeing Steffy's unbelievable "walk of shame."

I know the show is trying to sell glamor, but come ON! Where is Steffy's jacked up hair, makeup, clothes, and forgetting her cellphone?

I only wished I looked half as put together as Steffy after leaving some dude's house.

Quote:

I've been watching a bit of B&B lately and I'm just amazed at how bad it is.

Seriously, the acting has gotten actrocious. Everyone is terrible. Everyone. Ron Moss. Katherine Kelly Lang. Hunter Tylo. The chick who plays Steffy. I honestly don't think any of them are taking it serious anymore. It feels like they're all in a contest to see which of them will end up on "The Soup" next. This whole show is hammier than a pig farm.

Then there's the dialogue, which is just trite and ridiculous. It's rivaling "Passions." If I hear one more person telling Rick that he needs to stay away from Steffy, I'm going to put my fist through the TV set. Does this show even have more than one storyline? Every scene of every episode revolves around Rick, Steffy and how terrible their relationship is for Ridge. Move it along!

It's crazy to think that B&B and Y&R are both Bell shows, yet they're not even comparable. In fact, I don't recall B&B ever being this bad in the past. It's always been a little campier than Y&R, but never to the point where it seemed like they were being terrible on purpose just so Joel McHale could make fun of them.

What makes me sad Kenny is that this is the kind of Bell show that, years ago, would have appealed to those fans that enjoy a great combination of light- hearted humor and heartstopping drama. It used to be engaging and compelling, but far more accessible to the average viewer than Y&R(because of the half hour and the faster paced stories).

B&B wasn't always like this. Even at B&B's worst in the past, the show was never just really bad.

I think everyone is just bored and overworked. Especially with the recycling of stories. I don't expect for B&B to tell a wonderful social issues story or feature alot of minorities, but I'd love to have something other than incestuous stories driving this show.

It breaks my heart seeing them ham it up for The Soup. B&B is better than this and they're wasting the show's potential.

And Jacqueline MacInnes Wood is talented. She has great presence. She's had a few scenes where she was good. But I also feel like they haven't given her anything challenging to play. But then again, Jennifer Finnigan made shitty stories and situations that could have easily ruined her character and made them into compelling tour-de-force performances. But she also had La Flannery as a mentor.
Edited by bellcurve, Mar 7 2009, 03:13 PM.

Jablea

I've been going back and looking at Taylor and Rick days to see why Taylor is so dismissive of him anymore. It's like everything he tried to do for her wasn't on the up and up. I'm a Kyle fan so all Rick everyday is great now that he's finally got his hair back to normal.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

B&B to me is just the prime example of what people think soaps are. It's like they're taking every stereotype of a soap, and putting it on the screen. I wonder what William J. Bell would say about this crap! I'm suprised how shitty it is, I mean it was excellent just 7 years ago, back when Jennifer Finnigan was playing Bridget.....(sigh)

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

So I didn't start watching B&B until Brandon Beemer joined, but seriously there are days that I watch and can't believe how this show is so popular in Europe and #2 here. My Lord Ron Moss is horrible. I know he is a vet on this show but I find myself asking how he has been on this show this long. Was he really better in the past?

Although I love how Stephanie just walked into the steam room and Rick's house like she owns the place. LOL

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I know this is very nitpicky, but I hate these little "hot dog" banters between Lt. Baker and Charlie.

Do the writers at B&B assume these references and little chats make the characters more real? Nothing could be further from the truth.

I can handle pistachios and puzzles from Nick and Katie because they are at least involved in story. We got to know Nick and Katie as people through their banter and they talked about something while they were putting the puzzles together and eating the pistachios.

If Brad doesn't plan on using Lt. and Charlie Baker in stories, why bother with these stupid little moments? And even if they insisted on these little chats between father and son, can they talk about something else other than hot dogs? I mean, if I wanted conversations about Hot Dogs, I'd run out to a Weinerschitzel. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Those Rick/Steffy "love scenes" are barfolicious...... :x

Kenny
Member Avatar

Does Drew Tyler Bell remind anyone else of Robert Pattinson?

Their faces look so similar!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 27 2009, 12:35 PM
Does Drew Tyler Bell remind anyone else of Robert Pattinson?

Their faces look so similar!
Oh yeah they look exactly the same. Being a new BandB viewer I didn't know who Drew Tyler Bell was at first and thought he was the guy from Twlight at first.

Kenny
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Mar 28 2009, 09:21 AM
Oh yeah they look exactly the same. Being a new BandB viewer I didn't know who Drew Tyler Bell was at first and thought he was the guy from Twlight at first.
Mhmm.

Tell me that these don't scream "Edward Cullen."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jablea

The Rick storylines have really come to a head this month. Scenes with Stephanie and her slapping him. The scenes with Thomas and with Ridge all giving KL some bitter, what the hell, type of scenes to grab on to.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Aww, these location scenes with Rick and Steffy are so pretty on today's episode.

I think they're standing under the same pier that was shown in the "Hot Summer Days" promo last year for Days. You know... the one that Stephanie and Max were running under.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Anybody watch the MAJOR homo-erotic scene between Ridge and Rick?

If not here it is. Your Ass Is Mine!

Kenny
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Mar 31 2009, 01:03 PM

"There's going to be alot of ins and outs... if you know what I mean." *pause for sexual laughter* "It's about time someone brought you to your knees. And I'm taking Steffy along for the ride. And I'm going to give her the ride of her life!" *more sexual laughter* "So that's our deal, Ridge. You get Thomas, but I get your little girl. I own your ass. Steffy's too. Now bend over and I'll spit on the hole."

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Steffy's hair is way to dark......

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Mar 31 2009, 01:29 PM
Steffy's hair is way to dark......
Agreed.

I say they should kill her off. Let her be eaten by a shark. :)

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 31 2009, 01:10 PM
MTSRocks
Mar 31 2009, 01:03 PM

"There's going to be alot of ins and outs... if you know what I mean." *pause for sexual laughter* "It's about time someone brought you to your knees. And I'm taking Steffy along for the ride. And I'm going to give her the ride of her life!" *more sexual laughter* "So that's our deal, Ridge. You get Thomas, but I get your little girl. I own your ass. Steffy's too. Now bend over and I'll spit on the hole."
:lol: Kenny

I watched that episode over the weekend. While the dialogue was cheesy at moments, it was funny as hell.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply