Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:James Scott interview; contract news!
Topic Started: Feb 28 2009, 03:04 PM (2,485 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It is pretty long so I am not going to copy and paste. It does go on to page 2.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/interviews/a/JScottInterview.htm

He says that he recently signed a contract for 2 more years!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

Yay, he re-signed!!

bellebelle

and when asked if him and sami are getting back together he said "eventually, of course"!!! :) thats what i always thought but nice to know that hes saying it too:)

ginababe
BANNED

^^ sort of along the same lines of "it's inevitable" !!
Edited by ginababe, Feb 28 2009, 03:36 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

great news!!!

Thanks for posting!! :cheer:

Pettles

My first post and it's to say hallelujah James is staying!

Alligato
Member Avatar

What an awesome, honest interview. He makes it sounds like ratings actually do matter. I was unsure if they did anymore.
I am glad that he has been loving the past 6 months including the writing, and thinks that the next few months will be awesome too. I am just as excited to have the big reveal as he is!!! He and I are definitely on the same wavelength!

Also, "in reality", he and Melanie will get together too! Probably him and Stephanie. It's inevitable! ;) So of course, him and Sami. Was there ever any doubt?
Also, nice to hear that he is still engaged. I bet he laughs at the frenzy he gets people into.

Glad to hear he got a TV too. :)

Thanks so much for sharing, Angie!!!

willa13th

ginababe
Feb 28 2009, 03:36 PM
^^ sort of along the same lines of "it's inevitable" !!
Ahh. Love it. :wub:

MCKELLY

This made my day!!! :dance:

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you for the interview. I am glad that he is staying he brings alot to screen and Ej to Salem. Really nice comments on Eric and Galen.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie.

Great interview, and I'm thrilled he's staying for two more years. :D

jane1978

Good interview, and James certainly knows how to keep with the corporate policy. Galen and Eric are great addition to the cast and wonderfull actors, the writing is much better lately, everybody works their ass off to keep the show going and there are no spare money and no profit to keep the vets... He should be the new spoke person of the show.

I mean, I agree with most of what he said, but unless he and Tomlin/Corday are personal buddies discussing the finacial aspect of the show he cannot know those things. He can quess like me or Rachel, but nothing more.

Anyway, Im not surprised he stays. I think we saw with JKJ Tomlin knows how to keep actors he considers important for his vision of the show and James is one of the key characters. In some ways DAYS is really uniq now as relatively new and non developed characters are getting chance to lead an entire show. I doubt any other show could provide him this much space.
Edited by jane1978, Feb 28 2009, 07:23 PM.

daisy132

I am very happy he's staying. :cheer:

James has always said that he believed Ejami was the end couple. It's not news, he's always said it. I don't think he should, in the eventuality that it wouldn't happen, but he has been consistent about that.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 28 2009, 03:09 PM
Yay, he re-signed!!
That's all I wanted to know. :cheer: :popcorn: :cheers: :rockon: :dance: :applause:

oldschoolfan

He sounds like a company man, the writing is great, the work is moving at a quick pace, the ratings haven't gone up but haven't gone down, the vets were eating a big chunk of the change. Yes, definitely a company man. Thanks for positng Angie.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Nice interview. I just hope there can be peace in the valley with his comments, though now that he's seemed to have gone the OTHER way. ;) It's so funny how seriously an actor's interviews are taken based on what he says in regards to his storyline and who's involved with it.
Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things go. The writing does now seem to maybe sway back in the EJami direction, and Ali and James weren't too bad together this week. But like Jane said (I think it was Jane!), he could be matched up with Melanie in a month. I think Days isn't going to play the safe "meant to be' route with their couples, at least for a while. It will be interesting to see this pan out, especially with the Rafe spoilers. And Jane is also right in that James can't predict down the road which way Tomlin and Co. want to go. In all honesty, I doubt it's with Nicole anymore, but stranger things have happened.
I'm so happy for his engagement!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

What a fantastic interview!
Mega props to the interviewer for asking great questions and props to James for such thoughtful, honest answers.
I'm so excited to hear he's staying for another two years. It sounds like he's happy with the direction of the show - but that he has a very pragmatic approach to the overall stability of his job. He can't know what will happen to soaps in general and DAYS in particular for certain, but he's certainly in more of a position to judge than most of us. So it seems to me that he's very wisely choosing to make the most of the opportunity he has.
Lastly, I have to say that I have the utmost respect for his decision to ask to be removed from Emmy consideration. What a class act. James is one of, if not THE lead actor on the show but that doesn't necessarily equate to having truly great material to work with. I do think in the coming months that is going to change for him and I am certain James has the talent to make the most of it - so I find it to be truly classy to see him step aside to give other actors who might have less screen time but perhaps better material a chance to shine.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I thought this was a very professional interview. I would rather have interviews in this setting anyday. Gwen did a very good job, I give it two thumbs up.....

Nicole Walker

Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see what's coming up for EJ!! I hope they really get nasty with the Kirakis vs Dimera fued.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Hope for more scenes with Nicole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply