Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:James Scott interview; contract news!
Topic Started: Feb 28 2009, 03:04 PM (2,459 Views)
EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Gwen did a jam up job...I loved it all.,and am thrilled he is staying on....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SafeFan

Very good interview, thank you for posting.

soapfan35

The facts of what he says may be true re: the ratings but the same would also be true if he or Ali left. Days is just drifting along towards cancellation. At this point it doesn't matter who is on the show.

angmc
Member Avatar

soapfan35
Mar 1 2009, 12:14 AM
The facts of what he says may be true re: the ratings but the same would also be true if he or Ali left. Days is just drifting along towards cancellation. At this point it doesn't matter who is on the show.
And if the show hasn't lost any viewers since Jarlena's departure, do you blame the show for cutting the highest salaried people? :shrug: It sounds cold, but the company I work for is just about to do it. Can't wait. :drunk: It's happening everywhere unfortunately..

Very nice interview on both sides. :cheers:

sungrey

For all the problems I have with EJ as a character, I do not have a problem with James Scott. He's a good actor who has been given subpar material. Here's hoping he tries to chew the scenery for two more years. :)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Great News and I am surprised he re-signed - what pleases me more is that no matter the fanbase and even the Safe and Lumi fans seem to like that he is staying - it's good to see that people can seperate the actor from the character. I highly expected LUMI fans to go all negative about this but they seem to be taking the high road and I give them credit for that!

lene
Member Avatar

great!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Uh,I doubt Days will be on the air for another two years.Why extend it to two years,instead of one?

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

lastDays
Mar 1 2009, 09:18 AM
Uh,I doubt Days will be on the air for another two years.Why extend it to two years,instead of one?
Maybe they're optimistic?

Why not? It costs just as much to be optimistic as it does to be pessimistic.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Good for him. I cannot say that I am surprised that he resigned, I mean, after that last interview in SOD, he certainly seemed really happy with the show and the direction his character was going. Plus, if I were an actor, I don't think I would willingly leave my steady job right about now ... like he said, he is buying a house, he needs the work. :)
Anyway, again, good for him, and hopefully, good for Ejole fans! :D

hops
Member Avatar

soapfan35
I agree soapfan. Everyone is interchangeable. I really haven't missed watching the show at all.

ginababe
BANNED

can't we all just be happy for James, and not let our bitterness take over?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Who the hell is being bitter?
There has been nothing but positivity knowing that JS has resigned. What am I missing?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

soapfan35
True that.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ginababe
Mar 1 2009, 08:06 PM
can't we all just be happy for James, and not let our bitterness take over?
I'm thrilled he's staying and I hope that DAYs goes on for at least two more years if not longer.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The show can breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Not surprised he is staying. They are giving him what he wants. They are clearly going in the direction of a darker EJ, especially once the truth comes out. I recall back in September he made mention of the show telling him of the plan for the next 18 months and how good it was and pleased he was and here we are now and he's resigning. Many said back then the show most likely didn't have a long-term plan and that there was no way he knew of it or that the show told him about even if there was one. Well, guess what LOL. Here we are now and the show has been the most stable it's been in years. There is clear direction and commitment to one vision so I do think they are planning things out and that played a role in James resigning.

I liked his thoughts on the current state of soaps and Days. No one knows what will happen. We'll see but Days is doing much better then it was last year. James would make a really good show spokesperson.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply