Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Thaao posted 3/3
Topic Started: Mar 3 2009, 11:25 PM (1,272 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Dear Friends,

Well on Friday Tony D died once more. And what lovely gifts awaited for my next lifetime. like a king, all that beautiful fruit for nourishment, Champagne to lift the spirits and a candle to light my way and finally a pink tie with cufflinks to dress for the occasion. I feel that in a past life the Hoochies were my Harem. Oh what joys were experienced. Finished yesterday lying there while EJ and Stefano spoke their truth.
On friday the exc. producer ask if I would like a farewell with the cake I always called the cake of death. I said no but thanks for asking. I must say the work and story was good. And my fellow actors rose to the occasion. I embraced my crew and actors, and left without seeing Gary Tomlin to say goodbye. He was nowhere to be seen. Sadly the writing was on the wall. When its over, its over. And when my basket from the girls arrived they would not accept it as I was no longer working there,Ah where are people's hearts dear friends? Gone to fear everyone. But I left with a pre-nom and life allowed me to leave with integrity. I did the work they paid me to do and left well. My good memories will always remain. And I still thank KC for his employment. With new things on the horizon and new experiences on the path ...the sun shines brightly. My only regret was that Anna was not there when Tony died. Lost opportunity. So come along and let me show you another way to see life and the experiences we will again share together.

Speak to you at The Chat on Saturday At 4pm.

Love
Thaao

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Aww this is gonna be sad. LMFAO at him saying the hoochies. I can't get over that name.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy Crap! Do we know who killed Tony yet? EJ and Stefano over his coffin? It just seems like this is going to come out of nowhere...like there is no leading up to it. We haven't seen Tony in awhile, nor is anyone talking about Tony, but i am supposed to buy this huge murder mystery that should spring up in the next 3 weeks?
I wonder who really does it?

Thanks for passing this on, Angie.
I have been missing Thaao for a long time now, and sorry that Anna wasn't there either. His whole story is a sorry mess, so I understand his bitterness.
Good luck to him!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

He sure does like to take digs at Gary Tomlin..I find that pretty funny..I'm bummed that Anna isn't around..I agree that's a waste..

Mason
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Mar 4 2009, 12:13 AM
He sure does like to take digs at Gary Tomlin..I find that pretty funny
LoL, I love it! Tomlin sucks.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Mar 4 2009, 12:13 AM
He sure does like to take digs at Gary Tomlin..I find that pretty funny..I'm bummed that Anna isn't around..I agree that's a waste..
He mentioned in his last posting that LeAnn will be making an appearance so it seems that will be after he already dies.

I can't blame Thaoo for being upset but I wish he would stop limiting the blame to just Tomlin. I mean, some of these actors are playing right into Corday's hands. Corday always deflects blame and now the actors are helping him. Croday could've stopped any of the firings so he deserves blame too. He hired Tomlin and is letting him do this, afterall. Blame him. I'm just sick of one person being blamed when everyone is to blame. It's the same way I feel when I see Higley get the sole blame for some things. Blame all the responsible parties if you are going to point the finger of blame at someone

Again, Thaoo has reason to be upset. The lack of buildup doesn't bother me, personally, because the last few times we've seen Tony he's been acting suspicious and been stirring the pot so in a way there has been some. I think Thaoo feels strung along. After Andre died, he got little nibbles here and there and I think the big Dimera story that began in August/September being dropped was the final straw, especially since he sort of languished in the months after. Plus, I think he hates how LeAnn was treated but I still think the show never wanted her back in the first place. I still recall when Thaoo returned in 2007 and how he seemed to push for it so I always felt he did just that and Hogan liked the idea so they agreed to bring her back just for the hell of it. She essentially was brought back just to bring more attention to all the return and that summer's big story. It was window dressing IMO.

Having said that, I'm glad they brought both Thaoo and LeAnn back for one last hurrah, no matter how lackluster it ended up being.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 4 2009, 12:22 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I am not defending Corday and I certainly do not like the man at all, but I think its becoming really obvious that Tomlin has control of the show...for now, anyway. It seems to be Tomlin/Whitesell and then some Higley mixed in...for the first time in years, it seems like Corday is out of the picture(though I'm sure it won't last).

I am enjoying what has happened on Days since Tomlin entered, but I don't like how he was nowhere to be seen during Thaao's last day or his goodbye. That comes off Corday-like(not showing his face). Thaao obviously doesn't like the man, and while I am enjoying his influence, I have to say that would get under my skin too.

And I agree about how this will be sorta random...we saw just a bit of Tony during Janurary, but that was just mainly him suspecting something was up with Nicole. Other than that, he's been virtually non-existant...so to suddenly have some huge whodunnit will be weird. But I have been enjoying the recent stuff so hopefully this will be good.

Oh and I wish LeAnn could be there...she's returning for one episode, right? I wonder why the heck she hasn't appeared at all since September.

Mason
Member Avatar

daysfan
Mar 4 2009, 12:23 AM
Oh and I wish LeAnn could be there...she's returning for one episode, right? I wonder why the heck she hasn't appeared at all since September.
I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't seen Anna since before Tomlin entered the picture.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 4 2009, 12:25 AM
daysfan
I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't seen Anna since before Tomlin entered the picture.
Probably not, I've pretty much been thinking it was Tomlin...ever since he came in, the characters that just sat on the backburner but were never cut(Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, Nick) were pretty much just dropped from sight and eventually just sent off.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think it's obvious Tomlin pissed some people off. I'm beginning to wonder if he had some words with some of the people who were fired. I mean, MBE was used a bit but SN wasn't at all so I always wondered if maybe SN and Tomlin had words. It's clear Thaoo and him do not get along. Thaoo has reason to be upset about Gary not being around but, on the other hand, we don't know what really happened. Gary may have been busy and it doesn't sound like Thaoo sought him out. From reading this, it comes off like Gary was not on the floor as Thaoo finished his work so he didn't bother to look all over, which is fine. He's entitled and I can't blame him.

I've been saying for months that Corday is on the outside looking in for the first in in years. You can tell. Everything has a direction now. You can sense long-term vision. I also don't sense Higley at all either. I honestly haven't sensed her in the writing since around mid-November. I think she is just there to bring everything together but Tomlin/Whitesell control story overall.

On one hand, I applaud Tomlin for finally getting Corday to make major changes and for finally "passing the torch," so to speak. I also applaud him for finally keeping Corday out of the way. I also understand that circumstances meant action needed to be taken to help the budget right away. On the other hand, I wish they handled all this differently because the way these people were treated on their way out the door was cruel and offensive IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Mar 4 2009, 12:28 AM
Mason
Mar 4 2009, 12:25 AM
daysfan
Probably not, I've pretty much been thinking it was Tomlin...ever since he came in, the characters that just sat on the backburner but were never cut(Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, Nick) were pretty much just dropped from sight and eventually just sent off.
I think that was his plan all along. I think he had a plan the minute he was hired and came in and immediately implemented it by starting to backburner the people he wanted out. That way he could further prove to Corday that the show could go on without these people. I remember being shocked when MBE began being used a decent amount in January. It still makes me wonder about something going down with SN and Tomlin. I've been wondering if maybe Tomlin would've kept Kayla and sent Steve off but Corday stepped in a bit on that decision and decided to remove them together.

I think LeAnn being MIA pissed Thaoo off too. That on top of everything else probably pushed him over the edge.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 4 2009, 12:32 AM
I think that was his plan all along. I think he had a plan the minute he was hired and came in and immediately implemented it by starting to backburner the people he wanted out. That way he could further prove to Corday that the show could go on without these people. I remember being shocked when MBE began being used a decent amount in January. It still makes me wonder about something going down with SN and Tomlin. I've been wondering if maybe Tomlin would've kept Kayla and sent Steve off but Corday stepped in a bit on that decision and decided to remove them together.
It's possible of course, but after MBE's radio interview, I doubt it. It sounded like they'd let them both know that their contracts wouldn't be renewed, and that the only real surprise was how quickly things wrapped up. Earlier they'd been told March.

She also gave the impression that the number of guaranteed episodes ran for the whole length of the contract, not just year by year. (?) Adding up their total shows from 2006-2009, SN still appeared 4 more times than MBE (296 to 292). It seems like there may have been some airtime to burn for her at the end, which is why she was so involved with the Jarlena good-byes. She also had those random talks with Daniel. I think SN may have just run out of time sooner; between 2006 and 2007, he outpaced MBE by 20 shows. I would read more into the way he was used when he did show up, with just a line here or there, and nothing that was really characteristic of Steve Johnson in months.
Edited by granolagirl, Mar 4 2009, 03:34 AM.

jane1978

daysfan
I am not defending Corday and I certainly do not like the man at all, but I think its becoming really obvious that Tomlin has control of the show...for now, anyway. It seems to be Tomlin/Whitesell and then some Higley mixed in...for the first time in years, it seems like Corday is out of the picture(though I'm sure it won't last).

I am enjoying what has happened on Days since Tomlin entered, but I don't like how he was nowhere to be seen during Thaao's last day or his goodbye. That comes off Corday-like(not showing his face). Thaao obviously doesn't like the man, and while I am enjoying his influence, I have to say that would get under my skin too.

And I agree about how this will be sorta random...we saw just a bit of Tony during Janurary, but that was just mainly him suspecting something was up with Nicole. Other than that, he's been virtually non-existant...so to suddenly have some huge whodunnit will be weird. But I have been enjoying the recent stuff so hopefully this will be good.

But thatīs why Noel Maxal is there. He is the supervising producer, controlling the things on stage. Tomlin seems to spend more time upstairs with the writers and doing the longterm decisions. Personally, I think itīs better than Ed Scott who was all buddy buddy with actors, but he, Highley and Corday never found a common ground.

Anyway, good luck to Thaoo. Iīm really looking forward to the murder and what it will mean for the Kiriakis/DiMera war. I think centering the show around those two families was one of the best decision ever.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Mar 4 2009, 12:29 AM
On one hand, I applaud Tomlin for finally getting Corday to make major changes and for finally "passing the torch," so to speak. I also applaud him for finally keeping Corday out of the way. I also understand that circumstances meant action needed to be taken to help the budget right away. On the other hand, I wish they handled all this differently because the way these people were treated on their way out the door was cruel and offensive IMO.
I donīt think the bad exits have anything common with Tomlin. I remember so many bad exits of a great characters even during the 80īs and 90īs. Neil Curtis, Shane Donovan, Marcus Hunter, Adrienna and Justin, Kimberly... all important characters, all either just disappearing with no goodbay, or having rush exits after spending months on BB.

I really think Corday is a firm believer of "out of sight, out of mind" theory and the last thing he wants is to remind people how good this couple/character used to be when there are already plans to cut him off.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

It seemed to me,just the average viewer,that Tomlin came in and stopped everything,after the hospital lockdown...if you notice,everything changed,after.I just think DOOL is taking a huge risk,letting this man have total control...I mean he has two dead soaps on his hands.Anyhoo,its very clear,Thaoo is not a fan of Tomlin's,and I understand why.He just completely forced Tanna off the screen.I will miss him,,I think he is a wonderfully gifted actor.He plays good well,and most certainly he plays BAD excellent.I loved he made Andre insane!!!I think the way he was treated was cold,,crap like that comes back to haunt people...I have every confidence that Thaoo will go on and do MUCH better things.,.am I hope he wins that damn Emmy,so he can rub it in ALL their freakin faces!!But,then again,,Thaoo would not do that,as he has WAYYY too much class,I sure the hell would tho!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Mar 4 2009, 08:22 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LeAnn also posted yesterday, here's part of it:

"I worked my last day on 'Days' today and had a good cry over Tony. I got to take my anguish out on Stephano"

daysfan
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Mar 4 2009, 10:10 AM
LeAnn also posted yesterday, here's part of it:

"I worked my last day on 'Days' today and had a good cry over Tony. I got to take my anguish out on Stephano"
Awww, so I guess its pretty much official that LeAnn is now out, too? :(

Mason
Member Avatar

daysfan
Mar 4 2009, 12:09 PM
I have a feeling if Tony weren't being killed off, we'd probably never see her again, anyway.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
daysfan
I have a feeling if Tony weren't being killed off, we'd probably never see her again, anyway.
I gathered that much the first time I heard Tony say "Anna is in Switzerland visiting Carrie" lol

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Killing Tony is so random and useless- like I'ma believe that a Salem resident, especially a Dimera, is really dead? If anyone is setup to be a victim in a murder mystery it's Melanie.

Too bad Anna has to go, too. I think it would've been more interesting to set this up as a fake death from jump street and play it as Tony/Anna executing a scheme to manipulate & distract both the Dimera and Kiriakis clans. Or, at minimum, keep Anna around so she can go for revenge. Melanie could use a mentor...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply