Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Chloe and Lucas elope! Kate confronts Daniel; March 17th issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: Mar 4 2009, 12:01 PM (2,011 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

[Note: There are usually three or four Days articles between the two magazines, but this week there are only two, both on the same story. Because of that, this will be the only Days magazine summary this week.]

This week's SOD features an interview with Lauren Koslow, and this week's SOW features an interview with Nadia Bjorlin.

Bjorlin tells SOW that Chloe prayed for a sign to tell her what to do, since she was torn between Lucas and Daniel. When Lucas woke up and didn't remember that he'd learned about Chloe's affair, Chloe took that as the sign she needed. However, before Chloe talks to Lucas, she goes back to the chapel to pray for more guidance. While she's there, she sees Daniel praying as well; he's there because of, as SOD puts it, a "mind game" that Kate played on him. Chloe doesn't hear what Daniel is saying, but he's praying for a sign that his decision to let Chloe go was correct.

Chloe leaves the church without talking to Daniel, since as Bjorlin says, "Chloe doesn't trust herself around [him]." Chloe then goes home to talk to Lucas. As Bjorlin explains, "She wants to get married as soon as possible, get it done with, and start her life all over again."

Lucas is confused by Chloe's request, and he tells her that maybe she's hiding something from him. But Chloe gets upset and tells Lucas that if he doesn't want to marry her now, maybe he doesn't want to marry her at all. Lucas leaves so that he can calm down.

Lucas tells Daniel about his issues with Chloe, while Chloe talks to Will. Will tells Chloe to talk to Lucas, because maybe the two of them are avoiding something.

Daniel tells Lucas to do whatever Chloe wants, so Lucas goes home and tells Chloe that he's ready to get married. They kiss and start packing to go to Las Vegas. Bjorlin says that "Chloe isn't really thinking clearly... she's driven by guilt to do the right thing, but thinking about another man while you're doing it is not a good beginning."

Meanwhile, Kate asks Victor for advice, and Victor tells Kate that Lucas needs to hear the truth about Chloe from someone other than Kate. As Koslow says, "[Kate] decides it might be better to manipulate Chloe and Daniel into admitting it themselves."

Kate finds Daniel and tells him she knows Chloe is having an affair. She then asks him if he is the one having the affair with Chloe. Koslow says that Kate is "entrapping [Daniel] and manipulating him and torturing him... she knows and he doesn't know she knows and she plays it right to the edge with him." However, Daniel does not end up admitting anything to Kate.

Kate then goes to confront Chloe. However, when she arrives at the cabin, Will tells her that Chloe and Lucas left for Vegas. Koslow explains that this is not good news, because Kate wanted the truth to come out before the wedding, and Kate "felt she could put enough pressure on Chloe and Daniel that one of them would break", but instead "it pushed Chloe to rush the wedding".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie. Appreciate all the info you give us.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks, Ellie!

Chloe seeking advice from Will, who she knows blames her for Lucas getting hurt, strikes me as a bit strange. But then, Chloe marrying Lucas at all is completely ridiculous.

ilovemydays

Thanks Ellie!

OK, who was it that came up with the "Spiderkate" song?
:P

lastDays
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 4 2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks, Ellie!

Chloe seeking advice from Will, who she knows blames her for Lucas getting hurt, strikes me as a bit strange. But then, Chloe marrying Lucas at all is completely ridiculous.
I agree . WTF is she taking advice from Will? He isn't exactly objective :shrug: Shows how off the writing can be

leah09
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

This whole Lulue farce is making me sick. :puke:

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

Bjorlin tells SOW that Chloe prayed for a sign to tell her what to do, since she was torn between Lucas and Daniel. When Lucas woke up and didn't remember that he'd learned about Chloe's affair, Chloe took that as the sign she needed. However, before Chloe talks to Lucas, she goes back to the chapel to pray for more guidance. While she's there, she sees Daniel praying as well; he's there because of, as SOD puts it, a "mind game" that Kate played on him. Chloe doesn't hear what Daniel is saying, but he's praying for a sign that his decision to let Chloe go was correct.

Chloe is going to need knee pads at this rate. Servicing Daniel, Lucas and down on bended knees praying in church every day. What a trooper!

I really wish they would stop bringing God into this mess. The sight of some of these characters on bended knee praying to the Lord kinda makes me queasy. I know God forgives sinners, but Chloe fornicating with 2 men and asking God to show her which of her lays is the right one is gross. I should think God has better things to do.

Maybe this is just my unpopular opinion, but I have always been uncomfortable with the way religion is used on soaps and I do mean used.

Mason

shytstarter
Mar 4 2009, 01:56 PM
I really wish they would stop bringing God into this mess. The sight of some of these characters on bended knee praying to the Lord kinda makes me queasy. I know God forgives sinners, but Chloe fornicating with 2 men and asking God to show her which of her lays is the right one is gross. I should think God has better things to do.

Maybe this is just my unpopular opinion, but I have always been uncomfortable with the way religion is used on soaps and I do mean used.
I couldn't agree more!

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I have said that for a long time, shyt! I can't stand when they drag Catholicism or God or confession into any of their storylines because it is total mockery. Ugh!

Anyways, thanks Ellie for typing this up for us! Can't believe Lucas is getting married again...to Chloe. I feel so bad for that character...he probably has a divorce lawyer on his speed dial.
Bad, spiderkate, for not getting there in time! LOL!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

shytstarter
Mar 4 2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:

Chloe is going to need knee pads at this rate. Servicing Daniel, Lucas and down on bended knees praying in church every day. What a trooper!

Terrific post. I, too, hate how religion--or, at least, Christianity, since religious diversity is pretty much unknown in Salem--in general and the Catholic faith in particular (and I'm a Protestant) is written. They use it as a shorthand to show remorse and/or what a character is thinking, but there is no real discussion about what God (or Jesus, who never gets mentioned despite his rather key role in Christianity) might want the characters to do. There's a, you know, Book that lots of Christians consult in these types of situations--admittedly it can be hard to read, but somebody should probably mention something from it now and then.

While Sami's newfound, convenient and brief piety was irritating, at least, to give her credit, as I recall it when I wasn't FF'ing, she was praying for Rafe's safety--a legitimate intercession IMO. Chloe's ridiculous interpretation of random events like phone calls as signs from the Almighty is simply annoying. My guess is that if God were really sending her signs, they would have led her to believe that He would recommend she stop fornicating with both men, tell Lucas the truth and ask for his forgiveness. She's essentially marrying him under false pretenses, with the perhaps mistaken and certainly unilaterally-arrived-at decision that he would rather marry a woman who had cheated on him as long as he didn't know about it, instead of being able to make his decision about marriage with all the facts in front of him.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Seriously, why do they have to keep making Lucas such a dunce when it comes to other women? Take the rose-colored glasses off Lucas! Gah!!
... and Chloe needs to get over herself, like, oh isn't she so noble and sacrificial to do God's bidding and marry Lucas ... gmafb, like God really wants Lucas to be stuck with another cheating slut?Bitch, Please.
Edited by aimees76, Mar 4 2009, 02:27 PM.

marisol40

Quote:

Thank you for writing this!!!! :applause: I know that there are some that aren't really into religion and that is fine. However, there are those that do believe in it and they hate to see their religion mocked and used as a prop. I'm Catholic and it pissed me off to know end, to see the writers use a Catholic priest to basically give the thumbs up to Chloe's affair.

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

aimees76
Mar 4 2009, 02:26 PM
Seriously, why do they have to keep making Lucas such a dunce when it comes to other women? Take the rose-colored glasses off Lucas! Gah!!
... and Chloe needs to get over herself, like, oh isn't she so noble and sacrificial to do God's bidding and marry Lucas ... gmafb, like God really wants Lucas to be stuck with another cheating slut?Bitch, Please.
Ugh, no kidding! Remember when Lucas used to be perceptive and notice things about people? He was someone who had other characters' numbers. Sometimes he called them on their crap, other times his gut told him something stunk, even if the rest of Salem thought the person was covered in glitter. I hate how Higley has made him into such a dolt over :boobs: . I hate it even more when they have Kate saying barf-worthy lines like "This is the happiest he's ever been!" Bullshit. Sorry, ain't buying it, because you haven't shown us that, Dena. Very few fans buy that these two truly love each other, period.

I can't wait for this story to be over because :boobs: as a martyr for Lucas makes me want to puke.

Dallas812

I really like Chloe and Daniel together and I can really tell that Chloe is not really wanting to go through with this wedding. She is only doing it because she feels guilty and bad for Lucas. If the whole explosion didn't happen then she would still be with Daniel.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds pretty good. Classic soap.

Kate confronting Daniel should be great to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply