Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristin Chenoweth Joins Ryan's Murphy's "Glee"; Show to Premiere in May after Idol
Topic Started: Mar 4 2009, 02:25 PM (201 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Exclusive: Chenoweth, Garber join 'Glee' club
Mar 4, 2009, 12:27 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Here are two more reasons Fox's upcoming musicomedy, Glee, has us overjoyed: Kristin Chenoweth and Victor Garber are joining the cast in what will likely turn out to be recurring roles!

Wicked alum Chenoweth, who showed off her awesome pipes on the late, great Pushing Daisies, will play a part that's as top secret as it is hilarious. (Sorry, that's all you're getting out of me.) Fellow Broadway vet Garber (Sweeney Todd) will play the father of Glee's leading man, Hairspray hunk Matthew Morrison. (Tony winner Debra Monk is his mom.)

Even before this latest bit of casting was announced, the positive buzz surrounding the project -- which centers on the worst high school glee club in America -- only seemed to grow louder with each passing day. With good reason, too. The extended trailer Fox showed us at press tour in January was so good it gave me chills, and the lucky few who have seen the pilot have been effusive with their praise. (In the new issue of EW, our own Ken Tucker calls the debut "witty and high-spirited" and a potential "sleeper hit.")

Luckily, Fox seems to know it has something special on its hands. Rumor has it the network may launch the show this May after American Idol.

'Til then, and probably beyond then, producer Ryan Murphy (whose Popular musical episode remains a kooky triumph) will just have to deal with music-lovin' actors chasing him down wherever he goes. Says an insider: "They're literally banging down his door to be on this show."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I can't wait for this show!

Jayma Mays, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch and now Kristin! :wub:
Edited by Rick, Mar 4 2009, 02:30 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I gotta see this! Jessalyn Gilsig is like my FAVE! And now with Chenoweth, SWEET!
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I just wonder what this means for her NBC pilot, "Legally Mad"?

Maybe she knows it's not going to be picked up?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Mar 4 2009, 02:29 PM
I just wonder what this means for her NBC pilot, "Legally Mad"?

Maybe she knows it's not going to be picked up?
Or she figures no one watches NBC period. LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

The lead is the guy who played Duke on OLTL, right?

ETA: Forget it. He was the old Adam on ATWT. Duke was Matthew Metzger
Edited by brimike, Mar 4 2009, 02:40 PM.

King
Member Avatar

Musical Comedy??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply