Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
David Forsyth on OLTL
Topic Started: Mar 5 2009, 12:33 PM (804 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

AW Star On OLTL
David Forsyth (ex-John, AW; ex-Jim, AMC) will play a priest on ONE LIFE TO LIVE beginning April 16. He'll perform Chloe's christening.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

God, I LOVED him on AW! I wish he were playing a more prominent role. I think he and Robin Strasser would have MAD chemistry!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 5 2009, 12:35 PM
God, I LOVED him on AW! I wish he were playing a more prominent role. I think he and Robin Strasser would have MAD chemistry!
Thats exactly what I thought when I first read the headline :rockon: They are about the same age,and both are still sexy

Deleted User
Deleted User

What is with all these AW alums who can only get short time gigs? It's annoying.
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Because most are over 40, which, sadly, none of the networks want on daytime, despite tons of mature actors and actresses headlining shows all over primetime and cable.

Dashwood
Member Avatar

David Forsyth = :wub: God AW was good!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I ADORED him on AW!!!He was on Search for Tommorow too,his characters name escapes me at the moment...but loved him on AW

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

funny how all the once big time soap vets are now taking bit under-fiver parts.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

AW had such a talented cast. It really IS a shame.

Anna Holbrook, Stephen Schnetzer, Anna Stuart, Alice Barrett, David Forsyth, Kale Browne...well....the latter not so much.....lol

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

But why this new priest?! Why not just bring back Robert Krimmer as Andrew again?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I love him. He would be great with Strasser. Too bad he is a priest. Maybe they can pull a Sunset Beach and have the priest have an affair with Dorian LOL.

It's sad how many soap vets, especially some of the AW actors, are out of work but it's expected. There is no money and the genre is either going to reinvent itself or die, at least for awhile. Vet actors basically have to settle for whatever they can get nowadays, which is what David is obviously doing.

~bl~
Member Avatar

It depends on what kind of priest you are whether or not one cannot date, so who knows. A lot of shows won't even keep their own vets on the air. With David Forysth, will be cool to see him as I thought he gave up acting to direct.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder why they didn't have Krimmer return as Andrew. Maybe he was busy.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

EjsGaGirl
Mar 5 2009, 07:16 PM
I ADORED him on AW!!!He was on Search for Tommorow too,his characters name escapes me at the moment...but loved him on AW
He played Hogan McCleary on SFT. LOVED him there and liked him on AW as well. AMC....not so much. Glad to see he's getting some work. And I agree- he'd be great with Robin Strasser!

jam6242
Member Avatar

David Forsyth has always been one of my favorite soap actors. Besides AW & SFT, I loved him on ATWT where he played Burke Donovan (the man who raised Dusty as his son).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply