Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blonde Bombshell OUT!; Another actress has been let go...
Topic Started: Mar 5 2009, 02:04 PM (2,323 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Soap Opera Digest

Another DAYS Star To Exit

Leann Hunley (Anna, DAYS), who returned to Salem in June 2007 after a 21-year absence and has had precious little screen time lately is out. The actress posted the news in her guest book:

"Hello Darlings! I worked my last day on DAYS today ... Anyway, THANK YOU for all your sweet wishes and support over the last year and a half. I had a wonderful time bringing Anna back to life and will miss 'her' more than just a little."

Hunley's exit will coincide with co-star Thaao Penghlis's (Tony).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

OMG! I thought it was Zuker!

Love Leanne - do not like Anna though - or at least, Do not like Hogan's or Higley's versions.

Wish her the best!

lene
Member Avatar

I thought it was Zuker too. fhew... sigh.
aww, i love Leann. She's great. Class Act. Best of luck to her.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

I must be on some really good drugs, because I'm watching some old Days stuff on youtube and I thought it was Eileen Davidson, then I remembered what year it was and realized that couldn't be possible. Okay, going back to 1997 now :)

lastDays
Member Avatar

This should come as no surprise with TP's exit.And besides,LH hasn't been seen in months.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What a disgusting waste. From the minute she was on screen and didn't hate Sami, it was clear the writers had no idea what the hell they were doing with her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

This hardly warranted a headline on SOD.

Keith
Member Avatar

^ Agreed, Ponz. I'm happy they decided to recognize her exit, but this is hardly news.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

It reminds me when the actor who played Bart, got major headlines in 2007 for being "killed" off.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Oh yeah!

Like we did not already know this I knew that they would not have Anna on the show without Tony besides they do net even use her she has not been on the show in months. I already knew this before it was said. We all should of expected this. But I will miss Tony I LOVE his I am sad to see him go. :wave:
Edited by Virgo Twins, Mar 5 2009, 03:30 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

that scared me..

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I thought that was going to be about the actress playing Melanie.

I don't know Anna from before, but she's one of the only characters I connected with instantly because the actress was unique and fun to watch. What a waste, especially since she's familiar but not overly-connected to the current set of characters, and she can't cost that much to use.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I have to hand it to SOD. They sure like to make big deals out of nothing and they do that well.

I'm stunned any attention was brought to her exit at all but, given LeAnn made a statement and it's Days news and it has been a bit boring news-wise lately, that is probably why. I mean, when LeAnn came back, her name was sort of just tossed in with all the other returning names so I expected nothing. I still think the show never wanted her back in the first place. I still recall when Thaoo returned in 2007 and how he seemed to push for it so I always felt he did just that and Hogan liked the idea so they agreed to bring her back just for the hell of it. She essentially was brought back just to bring more attention to all the return and that summer's big story. It was window dressing IMO.

I'm glad she did come back, even if it was for a little bit and an appearance here or there. I love her and the character. I'm also glad it seems she will at least make an appearance. I still can't believe she hasn't appeared ONCE since September. Ugh.

I totally thought this was Ari Zucker when I read the title of this thread. Phew!

King
Member Avatar

Amello
Mar 5 2009, 03:11 PM
What a disgusting waste. From the minute she was on screen and didn't hate Sami, it was clear the writers had no idea what the hell they were doing with her.
:iloveyou:

And not only that, but was BFF with her over those letters!

Gagsville!

sungrey

Tim, I agree. It's like SOD says "Y&R: FIRED!" Then you open it up and it says "Ashley got fired from Jabot" and you go "oh for cripes sake"... it sells magazines.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

PhoenixRising05
Mar 5 2009, 04:09 PM
I have to hand it to SOD. They sure like to make big deals out of nothing and they do that well.
Agree Tim

Besides, it's not like she was on contract. IMO she was an occasional guest star

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Mar 5 2009, 03:11 PM
That's a good point that very few seemed to bring attention too.

As I said, I don't think they ever wanted her back. Thaoo pushed and Hogan got on board because he wanted to salvage the Tony character. She was essentially a "tack on" to the plan and it showed.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

How sad is it that I'm only surprised that TPTB bothered to bring Anna back for the end of Tony's storyline at all?

It's such a shame that Tanna was so woefully wasted. There was loads of potential there - the two of them are really magic on screen together, more so than most of the younger, 'hotter' couples.

Bradyclan

I got scared for a second. I thought it was Ari.

Mason
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 5 2009, 05:03 PM
How sad is it that I'm only surprised that TPTB bothered to bring Anna back for the end of Tony's storyline at all?
You're not the only one. You'd almost think the writers had forgotten that Anna even exists.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply