Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Suds Report: March 6, 2009; GH Bloodbath? Diamont to B&B!
Topic Started: Mar 6 2009, 02:28 PM (695 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The SUDS Report

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Damn, and to think we were so close to being rid of Karen!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love Nelson's comment that Higley's getting rid of the people that supposedly rewrote her scripts. :lol:

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Wow, I actually like Adrienne's song/voice!

Kenny
Member Avatar

psychofan
Mar 6 2009, 03:47 PM
Wow, I actually like Adrienne's song/voice!
Me too. I heard it a long time ago, well over a year ago, and I thought it was catchy the first time I listened to it. That rarely happens with me, LoL. Usually I have to listen to a song two or three times before I actually like it.

The video's annoying though. Adrienne's too smirky and jerky and cutesy, LoL.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

I love Nelson's comment that Higley's getting rid of the people that supposedly rewrote her scripts. :lol:

Except it makes no sense, since DH, DH, TP, LH, and BB were never rumored to be rewriting their scripts, and the only other people are still on the show. But I'm sure that's the reason. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

granolagirl
Mar 6 2009, 03:50 PM
Quote:

Except it makes no sense, since DH, DH, TP, LH, and BB were never rumored to be rewriting their scripts, and the only other people are still on the show. But I'm sure that's the reason. :)
I agree. Sure, they may have tweaked things but alot of actors do that. Tweaking and rewriting is two different things. SN and MBE fought for the Ava stuff to be tied up but they never resorted to rewriting stuff. They got what they wanted and it was heavily publicized how they went about it so, while I'm sure Nelson was joking, I really didn't get that comment, mostly because you just know people will take out of context. Some fans can be like that.

I couldn't agree more about his Emmy rant. I haven't had the chance to comment on the pre-noms (I will get around to it this weekend) but they are atrocious. The system was never this bad. It almost means more not to be up for an Emmy then to be up for one.

Wow to the GH rumors. If they do that, it could get scary. I was getting back into it the past two months but the hospital stuff fell apart and now it's a bit all over the place again. I had a feeling something was up when Liz/Jason fell apart again. I bet Vaughn and Herbst will be gone but, then again, if Burton gets pissed, I can't Frons letting Herbst go at the risk of losing Burton. Herbst will never go recurring. If GH lets her go, I would love Days to pick her up. I think she would be a good fit.

Part of me would love Burton and Benard leaving the show but I kind of like Jason and Sami being back in the same story again. I'm not shocked about Charleson. I was shocked they didn't kill her or Ingle off in the hospital disaster since they seem to like killing Quartermaines off in sweep stunts. Probably needed them for the start of this Rebecca story. One thing is for sure. If Rebecca turns out to be Emily like everyone seems to think, I bet Charleson really is a goner because they want to get younger and they can have Emily kind of represent the Q's for this generation.

This is just the beginning. I know Days isn't exactly souring but it's holding it's own and being somewhat successful despite all the changes. It's not going to be long before other soaps start cutting vets left and right to. They figure by cutting the payroll and holding their own they can make a profit and some probably can. I would not be surprised if Charleson and Ingle are gone from GH by year's end along with some other hefty salaries.

I also hate to say this but I think Erika Slezak is a goner too. She seemed cryptic with her last quote. OLTL is in a ratings rut no matter what they seem to do. I would not be surprised to see Viki and Charlie take off together by summer. Not in the least.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Mar 6 2009, 04:03 PM
Wow to the GH rumors. If they do that, it could get scary. I was getting back into it the past two months but the hospital stuff fell apart and now it's a bit all over the place again. I had a feeling something was up when Liz/Jason fell apart again. I bet Vaughn and Herbst will be gone but, then again, if Burton gets pissed, I can't Frons letting Herbst go at the risk of losing Burton. Herbst will never go recurring. If GH lets her go, I would love Days to pick her up. I think she would be a good fit.

Part of me would love Burton and Benard leaving the show but I kind of like Jason and Sami being back in the same story again. I'm not shocked about Charleson. I was shocked they didn't kill her or Ingle off in the hospital disaster since they seem to like killing Quartermaines off in sweep stunts. Probably needed them for the start of this Rebecca story. One thing is for sure. If Rebecca turns out to be Emily like everyone seems to think, I bet Charleson really is a goner because they want to get younger and they can have Emily kind of represent the Q's for this generation.

This is just the beginning. I know Days isn't exactly souring but it's holding it's own and being somewhat successful despite all the changes. It's not going to be long before other soaps start cutting vets left and right to. They figure by cutting the payroll and holding their own they can make a profit and some probably can. I would not be surprised if Charleson and Ingle are gone from GH by year's end along with some other hefty salaries.

I also hate to say this but I think Erika Slezak is a goner too. She seemed cryptic with her last quote. OLTL is in a ratings rut no matter what they seem to do. I would not be surprised to see Viki and Charlie take off together by summer. Not in the least.
This is something I really donīt understand. I mean ABC soaps has still so many vets and characters and sets, yet the ratings are mostly even worse than DAYS. NBC might be in the worst shape from all the networks right now, but the sponsors are not paying more for the same ratings/demos just because the show is on ABC, so where the hell they get the money?

There are only two explanation. Either Corday/NBC are extremely greedy and they are now able to make substantial profits from the show, even with those abysmall ratings. Or ABC daytime is in red right now and feeding the budget from other sources hoping the miracle happen and the ratings rises again. But that cannot go forever. Iīm afraid once again DAYS is leading the revolution.
Edited by jane1978, Mar 6 2009, 04:43 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

So soory to read that Yvonne Perry(original Rosanna,ATWT) has breast cancer.I loved Ro and Mike :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply