Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Court Docs Reveal Deidre Hall Divorce Money Woes
Topic Started: Mar 9 2009, 09:57 PM (16,988 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Court Docs Reveal Deidre Hall Divorce Money Woes

Even America's favorite daytime soap opera actress, Deidre Hall, has money problems, which are revealed in court documents filed today.

Deidre, who played Dr. Marlena Evans for more than 20 years on "Days of Our Lives," is currently embroiled in a nasty divorce from Stephen Sohmer. The couple have two children, David and Tully. The couple married in December 1991.

In court papers obtained by RadarOnline.com, Deidre claims that her monthly salary from her corporation, Panache was more $28k a month. Emphasis is on the word WAS. The income and expense court document states, "The primary source of Ms. Hall's income in 2008 was from her work on the television program, "Days of Our Lives." As this Court knows, in mid-December of last year, Ms. Hall was terminated from that employment....due to her termination from "Days of Our Lives" she is going to have to utilize the assets she has accumulated and the income generated by those assets to maintain her and the children's lifestyle."

The court papers also reveal that Deidre has spent over $7,000 on make-up, $6,000 on fan mail and photos. The next hearing is on March 25th.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/03/court-docs-reveal-deidre-hall-divorce-money-woes.php

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

coffeelover

Divorces are so cruel...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

$7,000 on make-up? :o

$6,000 on fan mail and photos :o

I hope her husband isn't seeking spousal support......

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

wow. Where's a stars without their makeup shot of Hall when you need one.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Gay divorces can be really messy lol

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

If Panache is her production company and it was making $28k a month, why is she still not making that money? Did DAYS own her company too?

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

coffeelover
Mar 9 2009, 10:07 PM
Divorces are so cruel...
ITA!

dooldooldool

Rick
Mar 9 2009, 11:08 PM
If Panache is her production company and it was making $28k a month, why is she still not making that money? Did DAYS own her company too?
I imagine that her "company" was designed for tax purposes. Rather than getting a "check payable to Dee Hall" from Corday Productions, the check was written to her production company. This is fairly common with small businesses. The individual is then paid by the "company".

What's most shocking is that this puts her DOOL salary at roughly 350K, maybe even less if her production company generates reenue through the marlena dot com site.

Also, I imagine that some of the $$$ for hair and makeup were for actual people that did the work.

HammieHamHam
Member Avatar

$7,000.00 on makeup? :sheep: It didn't work..perhaps she should have spent more :laugh:

ges
Member Avatar

that's pathetic. No gold watch?

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

WOW..thanks!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ...

What if it was to Dee's advantage that she be let go at this point due to her divorce?

lastDays
Member Avatar

I think this should teach everyone a lesson about the value of money (thousands of dollars on makeup and her fans).She could've saved all of it for a rainy day,which it looks like its thunderstorming on her right now :shame:

IIttu
Member Avatar

I really don't think she's having "money problems". If you can afford all that for make-up and fan posts (glad she does), then you can also afford your way of living more than well... And after all she has earned her money by herself just like we all, so let's not badmouth her for spending it the way she likes.

There are so many people with REAL money problems, people getting fired and losing their homes due to the economy crises. And definitely not only in the US, bad things are happening all over the world.

People writing those articles should use more appropriate terms I think..

peaches179

Miss Deidre. Hope to see her on screen again soon. :(

jane1978

dooldooldool
Mar 10 2009, 04:30 AM
Rick
Mar 9 2009, 11:08 PM
I imagine that her "company" was designed for tax purposes. Rather than getting a "check payable to Dee Hall" from Corday Productions, the check was written to her production company. This is fairly common with small businesses. The individual is then paid by the "company".

What's most shocking is that this puts her DOOL salary at roughly 350K, maybe even less if her production company generates reenue through the marlena dot com site.

Also, I imagine that some of the $$$ for hair and makeup were for actual people that did the work.
You need to read everything, icluding the PDF photocopy of court documents. Apparently, Panache Inc. is Deidre“s loan out corporation. Corday was paying to the company and the company paid Deidre $28k a month for basic expenses, plus she could ask for an additional advances if needed which was subtracted from her year-end bonus.

Part of the photocopy is Profit/Loss statement from that company for 2008, with all the incomes and expenses included and it says Deidre“s fee was $1,238, 656! Not bad at all.

Her incomes from other sources were roughly $35000. Her income from DH fan club $520. Ouch!

Her year-end bonus for 2008 is 560000, but from that she had to paid back the advances $148000, the taxes $240k + $70k and some other expenses, so she got only $93,880k.

And her December paycheck from Corday was $60k.

As for her moneywoes the company started with carryover balance of $451k from 2007 and her net income in 2008 is $180k, so there is more then $600k still in the vault. Plus she can have her own personal bank accout which is not included.
Edited by jane1978, Mar 10 2009, 11:51 AM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I'm thinking it's unfair she should pay her millionaire ex-husband spousal fees while she's not currently employed (it's not fair at all actually, employed or not).

7000 dollars on make up a year is not a lot in Hollywood (or for some in real life), and probably includes make up artists for special events.

6000 dollars on fan stuff... prob. because she's one of the few celebs where you don't have to send in a return envelope to get an autographed photo in return.

missor88

lastDays
Mar 10 2009, 10:10 AM
I think this should teach everyone a lesson about the value of money (thousands of dollars on makeup and her fans).She could've saved all of it for a rainy day,which it looks like its thunderstorming on her right now :shame:
There's no indication that she didn't save her money. The documents simply say that she will no longer have an income. And that she must live off the assets she already has. Which would be her savings.

As for the makeup and fan mail - I don't quite understand these numbers. Are they for a month? A year? Several years? Because that makes a huge difference in how excessive those figures are.

Mackie

lastDays
Mar 10 2009, 10:10 AM
I am guessing that as she is paid as an employee of her own production company that these items would be classed as business expenses and therefore be tax deductible? Also (if the rules are similar to here in the UK) by giving herself a bonus (rather than take the £560K as part of her monthly salary) wouldn't the personal tax liability be significantly lower. It's a pretty smart way to deal with your finances I suppose.
Edited by Mackie, Mar 10 2009, 09:28 PM.

King
Member Avatar

OH boy....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply