Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Production Blog: Meeting Dylan and Taylor
Topic Started: Mar 10 2009, 04:50 PM (1,079 Views)
Ellie

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2009/03/meeting_dylan_and_taylor.php

Meeting Dylan and Taylor March 10, 02:27 PM

I am glad you all seemed to enjoy my interview with the very charming John Callahan. While I was visiting the photo shoot that featured him, I was also able to sit down and talk to two of the newest faces in Salem: Taylor Spreitler who plays Mia, and Dylan Patton who is playing the returned Will Horton Roberts. Both actors were awaiting their first "Days of our Lives" photo shoot when I got a hold of them and asked them what it was like to be on the show.

I approached Dylan first, who was everything he appears to be on screen. Cool, calm and relaxed. He doesn't seem too phased that he's about to participate in a big photo shoot and before that begins, he's sharing a wardrobe room with "Days'" superstar Ari Zuker and seasoned daytime veteran John Callahan. Here's what went down with my first sit-down interview with Dylan Patton.

Days Insider: How has it been sharing scenes with Alison Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo?

Dylan: Well, I did my screen test with Bryan, so I felt a little more comfortable acting around him. He's hilarious. Always making people crack up. He's great. Still looking forward to sharing more scenes with Ali.

Days Insider: Are there any particular scenes you're looking forward to?

Dylan: Well, I don't know as much as people think I know when it comes to upcoming storylines. The scripts that I do have in my hands right now, I can't share. It's super top-secret. I just want Will's story to go somewhere so I can stay on the show and people can stay interested in what my character is doing.

Days Insider: So far, has it been a lot of fun over there on the set in "Salem"?

Dylan: It has been fun. I have only been here for a handful of episodes. But, I want Will to stick around and who knows, maybe start a few relationships and break a few hearts. (laughs)

Days Insider note: It was hard not to notice Dylan glancing over in Ari's direction when delivering that last line in the interview.

Posted Image

Next up, I sat down and interviewed Taylor Spreitler, who was just as cool and collected. It must be a teenage thing.

Days Insider: Are you having fun so far with your character, Mia?

Taylor: She's kind of the role I always wanted to play. This character is giving me the leeway to be very dramatic, then very sad, then very happy. I am really looking forward to more scenes with "Will" because I get to go from being in this big adult scene being pregnant, to then acting like a teenager on the show.

Days Insider: Has it been fun being in scenes with Ari?

Taylor: I love Ari! She was there on my first day and helped me out so much. She always comes down to my dressing room to go over lines and she always just wants to get things done. She's great at giving pep talks right before a heavy scene.

Days Insider: Are there any characters you look forward to Mia having more scenes with on the show?

Taylor: I think Will's going to be fun to have scenes with. Look at him, he's so cute! He's also so nice. I am also looking forward to when Mia has to meet Will's parents.

Days Insider: Anything you can tell the fans to look forward to?

Taylor: Lets be honest, those fans know everything I already know, they probably know more! I can say watch out, because there is a lot of cool stuff about to happen in Salem, so keep watching!

Posted Image

Days Insider note: I don't know about you, but I think Salem is long overdue for a classic teenage love storyline. I can't wait to hear what kind of advice Lucas dishes to Will when it comes to the opposite sex. I think we are in for some very fun scenes. I also included some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot for you enjoy.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

These two are so ADORABLE!!

I can see the chemistry already. I can't wait to see them interact with each other and others. The show is long overdue for a classic teen love story and these two fit the bill.

Everyone seems to get a kick out of Bryan. Dylan was lucky because screen-testing with Bryan had to make it easier on him since Bryan is fun. Then having him in his first scene had to make it easy on him. Same goes for Taylor. Everyone seems to love working with Ari and she seems so giving and hard-working and easy to work with. Dylan glancing over at Ari when he was talking about sticking around and breaking a few hearts was hilarious and so cute! Seems like Dylan may have a bit of a crush on Ari LOL.

I like how genuine and natural they both are. They seem so appreciative of just having a job and Dylan seems so worried about doing a good job judging by the way he just kept repeating his desire to stick around and play the role for a long time. They both feel so human and genuine. Taylor seems to really enjoy her role and seems really happy about jumping into a story for someone her age after the heavy stuff with the baby.

Really fun read. Love these two! The pics are great. I also love how top secret the show is being about many things coming up. Hope that continues.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 10 2009, 05:00 PM.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Love these two. They both sound very mature and levelheaded.

I just hope Taylor has good security...

Quote:

I am Taylor's #1 fan. She is the only reason i watch days of our lives. Will u marry me?

Terry Loves Taylor (02:55 PM)

:eyeroll:
Edited by Ponz, Mar 10 2009, 05:46 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

They seem pretty cool and excited to work. And I do agree that Will and Mia have definite potential to be a great couple. But with the way writers, on most soaps, have ADD these days, it will be rushed and ruined shortly.
Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Ponz
Mar 10 2009, 05:45 PM
Love these two. They both sound very mature and levelheaded.

I just hope Taylor has good security...

Quote:

I am Taylor's #1 fan. She is the only reason i watch days of our lives. Will u marry me?

Terry Loves Taylor (02:55 PM)

:eyeroll:
Yeah, but on the bright side both Shelly, Molly and Rachel can sleep calm now:

Quote:

Dump Melanie, Chelsea, Stephanie and Max...--they are boring and i hardly watch them anymore. Give me more Mia...best part of the show.

I LOVE YOU TAYLOR

As for Mia and Will, I they could be a really wonderfull and tender couple. I already love them.

I was really hoping the show will try to keep Taylor after the amazing way she introduced herself with the teen pregnancy story and Im happy they felt the same way. Not only she looks absolutely adorable but she is a good actress as well.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Awesome interview...these two just sound like they are happy to be there and happy to work, and appreciate the chance! That's awesome!

Is there anyone who doesn't have a crush on Ari? LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Every pic I see of them together makes me like this possible pairing more and more. I have to agree that Salem is overdue for a classic teen love story. I think the last one was in early 2000 with the whole shelle/phloe school stuff. I really didn't see Max/Chelsea/Steph as teens since they were all in college.

Nicole Walker

They are so cute.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Very cute..I hope they are given their OWN story,and not meddling in HIS middle aged parents lives..I would like to see a cute teen romance start out,with some promise.I see poor Taylor has a stalker....geez...

Alin89
Member Avatar

cant wait for their story

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply