Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sydney's christening; March 24th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Mar 11 2009, 10:01 AM (3,149 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Ari Zucker is interviewed by both SOD and SOW this week.

Zucker explains that as Nicole and EJ plan Sydney's christening, "Nicole is just a mess", especially since she's nervous about the fact that Sami is back in Salem and will be attending the christening.

However, Nicole doesn't realize that Mia is also back in Salem. Mia goes to the DiMera mansion and runs into Tony, who asks Mia why she's there. Mia blurts out that she's there to see "her baby", but then she runs off.

Tony then goes to the christening and sees Nicole there. Zucker says that Thaao Penghlis "was so good and creepy about it"; Tony confronts Nicole in private and says "I know". He tells Nicole that he spoke with Mia and that Mia told him some things that were very interesting. Nicole at first tells Tony that Mia just blurts things out and can't be trusted, but then when Tony doesn't buy that, Nicole tells him that Mia is lying and is only trying to blackmail her. Tony then says that in that case, they should tell Stefano and EJ. But then Stefano comes over and interrupts them, and Tony doesn't say a word. As Zucker describes it, "Tony is torturning Nicole", but "this is not about Nicole; it's the perfect plan for [Tony] to get back at his father and brother." As she's listening to Tony, Nicole is scared that not only will everything be taken from her, but that her life may even be taken from her, because she's messing with the DiMeras.

The christening begins, and Tony and Lexie are named godparents. Tony doesn't say anything, but Nicole is so nervous that she faints. Zucker says that Nicole is nervous because Tony is "not just stabbing the knife in her back; he's slowly twisting it. She's thinking that's it; EJ is going to stick her head in the holy water and drown her."

Nicole comes to and little Sydney is christened. But at the reception afterwards, Tony tells Nicole about his plan: he is going to get revenge on EJ by revealing the truth at the moment when it will have the most impact. Of course, Nicole is terrified; Zucker explains that while Nicole is worried about EJ, "it's all about her losing her perfect life."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

By the way, apologies if I inadvertently typed "Marlena", "Belle" or "Stefano" instead of "Nicole", "Sydney", or "Tony". Since one is almost an exact ripoff of the other, it does get confusing. :wink:

brimike

Ellie
Mar 11 2009, 10:04 AM
By the way, apologies if I inadvertently typed "Marlena", "Belle" or "Stefano" instead of "Nicole", "Sydney", or "Tony". Since one is almost an exact ripoff of the other, it does get confusing. :wink:
Ellie, you're awesome. ;) :D

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

Ellie

brimike
Mar 11 2009, 10:05 AM
Ellie
Ellie, you're awesome. ;) :D
Haha, thanks, glad you liked that... I just couldn't get over it as I was reading the articles. These writers crack me up; they seem to think that 'making use of history' means re-using actual scenes and storylines, rather than incorporating longtime character traits or anything like that. The worst is Tony saying to Nicole "I know" at the christening and freaking her out; that's almost exactly what happened with Marlena in '94.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
LMAO! Love it.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks what utter nonsense..I look forward to Thaoo's scenes..but Nicole needs to get whats coming to her..."her perfect life"is a pack of freaking lies!!!GMAFB!!

peaches179

Ellie

LOL!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting, Ellie! I always appreciate your summaries--they make Wednesdays something to look forward to!

The storyline may be *cough* not as fresh as it could be, but I do look forward to Thaao's and Ari's scenes together--should be fun.

cjknick
Member Avatar

"It's all about her perfect little life"... So she only cares about EJ and Sydney because they fit into her perfect little life? It's all about Nicole isn't it?

MrsDimera

cjknick
Mar 11 2009, 10:28 AM
"It's all about her perfect little life"... So she only cares about EJ and Sydney because they fit into her perfect little life? It's all about Nicole isn't it?
Yep, yep!! :cheers:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

cjknick
Absolutely...always has been. :hmmph:

I also think it's a shame that they've chosen to go with animosity between Tony and EJ at the end. I much preferred when the direction was that Tony was concerned for EJ and the fact he was getting sucked in by Stefano again. Having Tony withhold this type of information to hurt EJ when it will hurt most just doesn't sit well with me. :(

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 11 2009, 10:47 AM
cjknick
Absolutely...always has been. :hmmph:
Same way it's always been about Sami with Sami.

Tara

Thanks, I can't wait to see Thaao and Ari rock the house.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie, it sure does seem that they are delaying the wrap up of this sl. I wonder when we will finally get to the final climax.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sure its a recycled SL...but I do remember that Dee was awesome in those scenes just as I know that AZ and TP will ROCK those scenes! I dont mind the re-dux SL as long as competent actors are involved!
As for the division between EJ and Tony....its all the set up to Tony's murder. Maybe EJ and Daddy think Tony's betraying the family?? Maybe they're involved in the killing and pin it on Phil? (And Nicole knows that Phil's innocent???)
Sounds like a great couple of weeks ahead!!
Thanks for the article!
Liz

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

thanks ellie. i'm glad that arianne, unlike some other actresses, really seems to have a handle on who her character is supposed to be. yeah, nicole cares for ej, but at the end of the day, it's all about her and her happiness. that is what i have always liked about nicole, so i'm pleased that she doesn't think her character has really matured in that respect at all.

hopefully this will move the s/l along a little quicker. brady was never one to hold anything over nicole's head, so it's nice to see tony will find out and do just that.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you for the article, sounds pretty good.

missor88

So Lexie is godmother to Sami's baby. LOL That could make for some funny scenes when this all comes out.

Of course, that would require the writers to make use of the relationships we know and love to tell a story, so that's pretty unlikely.....

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Mar 11 2009, 12:27 PM
thanks ellie. i'm glad that arianne, unlike some other actresses, really seems to have a handle on who her character is supposed to be. yeah, nicole cares for ej, but at the end of the day, it's all about her and her happiness. that is what i have always liked about nicole, so i'm pleased that she doesn't think her character has really matured in that respect at all.
:cheers: You said it, luv!

I remember the 94 story too...right when I started watching...and I am actually excited to see this all play out.
AZ and TP are two of my favorites when it comes to kicking ass in scenes that could possibly suck.
And while at first it sounded like Nicole was going to really screw Tony over, it also has the play that Tony is going to mess with Nicole alot...so the battle should be awesome! This is classic Nicole and Tony! I love it!

Thanks so much Ellie, especially for the wit!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply