Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Darin Brooks' Primetime Pilot Receives Pickup; Football-themed comedy gets 12-episodes
Topic Started: Mar 15 2009, 11:20 PM (2,793 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 16 2009, 01:16 PM
Mikegoldy
Mar 16 2009, 12:48 PM
I'm happy for Darin. He seems like a cool, fun, guy. I do think it would be best to write Max and Chelsea out to start life anew somewhere else. The Max character hasn't really worked unfortunately, but it would be nice to see Max and Chelsea get a happy ending. As for Melanie, I think she will work even better as a character, without Max around. Now she has no one to "comfort" her, which will only make her more desperate. Changing gears, once again, I think it's time to bring back Jeremy Horton, and add him to the Melanie, Philip, Stephanie story. You have that young generation, then you bring on say an aged JT Reiber, and Joy Wesley, connect them to Will and Mia, and you have the young generation covered. Problem solved :)
Max and Chelsea get a "happy ending" while Nick sits in jail. *shudder*
yep :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Well, good for Darin. My advice to him would be to pack it up and move to primetime. If the show's not going to revisit Max/Stephanie (sorry, I know that wasn't a popular pairing, but Shelley and Darin had some charisma) and Rachel's leaving, it might be time to cut his losses and try for nighttime.

koos

I didn't mind Darin until they made Max angsty. He should've stuck to getting a blowjob from Chelsea in his race car.

lene
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mikegoldy
I'm happy for Darin. He seems like a cool, fun, guy. I do think it would be best to write Max and Chelsea out to start life anew somewhere else. The Max character hasn't really worked unfortunately, but it would be nice to see Max and Chelsea get a happy ending. As for Melanie, I think she will work even better as a character, without Max around. Now she has no one to "comfort" her, which will only make her more desperate. Changing gears, once again, I think it's time to bring back Jeremy Horton, and add him to the Melanie, Philip, Stephanie story. You have that young generation, then you bring on say an aged JT Reiber, and Joy Wesley, connect them to Will and Mia, and you have the young generation covered. Problem solved :)
How is that unfair? Nick killed someone, Max and Chelsea did not. They deserve a happy ending. Nick deserves what he's currently getting, which is jail.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lene
Mar 16 2009, 04:41 PM
Tripp
Mikegoldy
How is that unfair? Nick killed someone, Max and Chelsea did not. They deserve a happy ending. Nick deserves what he's currently getting, which is jail.
Chelsea killed her baby brother (though it was an accident, the fact remains that Zack is dead because of her) and never saw a moment of jail time--in fact, she whined about community service. Max stuffed a dead body into a water heater to keep his girlfriend out of trouble, rather than doing the right thing and going to the authorities to explain what happened. He did about three minutes of community service for that.

And I think Tripp's point is that why did Nick have to be made a killer when they decided to let Blake go, whereas Rachel leaves (and possibly Darin does too) and they get a happy ending? Why don't they get the same shitty character destruction that Nick did?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Mar 16 2009, 04:53 PM
lene
Tripp

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Chelsea killed her baby brother (though it was an accident, the fact remains that Zack is dead because of her) and never saw a moment of jail time--in fact, she whined about community service. Max stuffed a dead body into a water heater to keep his girlfriend out of trouble, rather than doing the right thing and going to the authorities to explain what happened. He did about three minutes of community service for that.

And I think Tripp's point is that why did Nick have to be made a killer when they decided to let Blake go, whereas Rachel leaves (and possibly Darin does too) and they get a happy ending? Why don't they get the same shitty character destruction that Nick did?
Absolutely Paxton. Nick, who's murdering intentions actually had reasonable excuses that could have gotten him off (the pills and the insanity in his past). while Max showed no signs of remorse or hint of guilt given one of the most morbid things I've seen someone do on a soap opera outside of being connected to the mob.

Max also beat the hell of some random guy simply because he was in a bad mood. You know, Max losing his adopted father is the WORST KIND OF HELL and giving him license to act like an ass to anyone and everyone, while also hiding away his apparent math skills which he's left in the equation closet. Max was a complete jerk to everyone around him and even held a broken bottle up to his father's throat, but when they decided to let Nick Fallon go, let's just let him suddenly be the killer by stating he's addicted to pills and everyone waves bye to him because a Horton on this show isn't really worth trying to save.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Shylock
Mar 16 2009, 12:00 AM
I'm glad this means he could be moving away from the shitheap known as Days Of Our Lives.

All we need now is for James Scott to be discovered by some HBO, FX, etc, bigwig or producer and put into an awesome television series. His talent is being wasted on Days.
OMG, you were listening to my thoughts! lol

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't think that anyone deserves any kind of ending anymore.

If John gets paralyzed, Tony gets killed for the 14th time since 1995 and Steve and Kayla fade quietly into the night, the last thing I want to see is Max and/or Chelsea get any kind of anything- happy or sad, together or separate.

They get to babysit Theo and/or Ciara off-screen. Maybe one day Bo and Hope can have a conversation about their wedding, or how they broke up, or how she's pregnant, or how she ran off to join the circus and he sped off in his car after her. Anything else and I'll be annoyed.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

It's about time, hopefully this means he's leaving Days. Max has been such a "meh" character for the longest time. As happy as I am about this, I have to disagree with some of you and say that a "happily ever after" exit for Max and Chelsea would annoy the hell out of me. Their characters have meant virtually nothing to each other for the past couple of years and some hashed up "happy exit" (which vets aren't even granted these days) between the two would seem wrong. Plus, their young, why the hell would they be riding off into the sunset together? It's like one of those dating shows where a man/woman weed through a selection of women/men to find "the love of their life" and two months after the show has ended you find out they've broken up. There's no way I could imagine Chex together forever offscreen. It would also be a lot harder to recast the characters or bring them back if they were sent off that way. JMO.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't think Max and Chelsea will be written off together. Of course, we still don't know for sure if Max is even leaving the show at all, sadly. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 16 2009, 10:10 AM

As for James Scott, though I like him, I don't see any reason to believe he could make the leap to the movies or even primetime TV. Not everybody who can put up numbers in the D-League is NBA material, and just because JS looks good in comparison to some of the craptacularness on the show doesn't mean he's talented enough or charismatic enough to make it as an actor off Days. I wouldn't be surprised if I never heard of him again after Days goes off the air, and again, I like him; I just don't think he's super-special.
I think he could but he has a LOT to learn. He could do well with small parts, he doesn't have to be the lead. Especially, if he goes on a show where people don't have any expectations of him and is just under the radar. Afterall, wasn't Nadia on Jake in Progress a primetime show and in a movie about race cars?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Halloween Family
Mar 16 2009, 06:56 PM
Afterall, wasn't Nadia on Jake in Progress a primetime show and in a movie about race cars?
Yea and that really worked out for her. She's back on Days in either one pairing where they bore us to tears or in the other where it's a question on who uses the most tanning lotion.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

^^LOL, very true. but hey she had a shot, JS could have a shot too and screw it up also.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 16 2009, 04:53 PM
lene
Tripp

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Cause it worked better for the story? Cause Dena likes Rachel and Darin more? Because that is just what happened?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Mar 16 2009, 05:51 PM
It's about time, hopefully this means he's leaving Days. Max has been such a "meh" character for the longest time. As happy as I am about this, I have to disagree with some of you and say that a "happily ever after" exit for Max and Chelsea would annoy the hell out of me. Their characters have meant virtually nothing to each other for the past couple of years and some hashed up "happy exit" (which vets aren't even granted these days) between the two would seem wrong. Plus, their young, why the hell would they be riding off into the sunset together? It's like one of those dating shows where a man/woman weed through a selection of women/men to find "the love of their life" and two months after the show has ended you find out they've broken up. There's no way I could imagine Chex together forever offscreen. It would also be a lot harder to recast the characters or bring them back if they were sent off that way. JMO.
Right, Chex were thrown back together (badly) because there was literally no one else for them to match up with otherwise. Not good enough to let them ride off into the sunset together (which I suppose if Chelsea ran over Theo, Max would know how to bury his body so nobody could find it).

My pal GhostofMaxine on another board suggested RM's exit strategy could be for Chelsea to kill Max and then wind up in a co-ed prison with Nick. (hee)
Edited by Tripp, Mar 16 2009, 10:15 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Mikegoldy
Mar 16 2009, 09:29 PM
Cause it worked better for the story? Cause Dena likes Rachel and Darin more? Because that is just what happened?
Since this show is chaos theory in action, I'll take door number three.

Congrats to Darrin, for possibly reaching escape velocity.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mikegoldy
Mar 16 2009, 09:29 PM
I would be very surprised if Chelsea and Max got a happy ending. They're only together because there's nobody else on the canvas for either one of them right now. If Nick got made a murderer, John and Marlena got written off with John paralyzed from the neck down, and Steve and Kayla got no sort of exit story but instead are supposed to just be around town and never seen, then I see no reason why Chelsea and Max should get better treatment. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but from my perspective, it certainly doesn't seem fair.

JDB

I agree. Everyone else got a shitty ending, why change now?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I will not be sad to see him OR Max go to be honest.

That is IF he is out now that his pilot has been picked up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply