Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami goes to get her baby; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM (5,382 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Ali Sweeney.

EJ overhears Sami saying on the phone, 'I can't do this anymore; I'm bringing Grace home.' Sami lies and tells him she adopted a baby while in hiding. Ali Sweeney says, "I played it that Sami was thinking of doing the whole adoption story all along, but she was just looking for better cover. It's hard to justify because she already has three kids." Sweeney continues that Sami is "thrilled" that she can bring Grace home.

Sami tells Rafe and he is not happy, but then they have an argument which leads to a kiss. Rafe accuses Sami of acting before she thinks things through, and then Sami accuses him of the same. As they're arguing, Rafe grabs Sami and kisses her. As Sweeney says, "It's a really cute moment. And then he does the ultimate gesture of saying he'll go with her to get Grace." Sweeney continues that this is Rafe's way of "saying he's on her side no matter what".

Sami then asks Rafe to be Grace's godparent. Sweeney explains that Sami does this out of appreciation for what Rafe has done for Sami and for Grace; "Grace wouldn't even be alive if it weren't for him."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hmmm....well I have to give Ali credit that she is acknowledging that this part in the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :D

peaches179

Thanks, Ellie! :)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ...

ilovemydays

Thanks Ellie for posting the summary Ellie.

The paperwork for adoption takes forever; are the people of Salem are supposed to believe that someone even considered placing an infant in the care of a woman who's life was in such jeopardy that she had to leave her infants behind and go into hiding?

Who the hell would place an infant in the care of a single woman of three who had just gotten out of WPP? Sami is woman with no assets, career, home of her own and limited education! And where is Sami going to get the documentation? Grace is an unregistered infant.

How fucking stupid.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

You know, I do not hate Rafe. I am a Sami fan, so I love it when a guy is good to her, but damn if Rafe is not as plain as buttered toast....I like buttered toast, but its no meal....And frankly the Fonz jacket has got to go....I keep waiting for him to smack a juke box and go AAAAAAAAAA-......Pleather is UGLY kiddies.
Edited by Red Mist, Mar 18 2009, 10:46 AM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

OMG..who the hell is writing this crappola!!!I LOVE and adore Sami..but this is stupid as hell.SHe adopts a child??They have had months and months to come up with something,and they come up with this utter rubbish!!!?>?Dammit..tell Ej,and get this horror of a story OVER..and Rafe..I just have no words,,he is a complete and utter bore...I mean get ffing real..and the ONLY guy who needs to be wearing a leather jacket is BO!!

peaches179

Dragonish1
Mar 18 2009, 10:45 AM
You know, I do not hate Rafe. I am a Sami fan, so I love it when a guy is good to her, but damn if Rafe is not as plain as buttered toast....I like buttered toast, but its no meal....And frankly the Fonz jacket has got to go....I keep waiting for him to smack a juke box and go AAAAAAAAAA-......Pleather is UGLY kiddies.

:roflol: :roflol:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Mar 18 2009, 10:45 AM
:rockon: I agree

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you, I am just happy that Sami is getting Grace home even if the adoption lie is ridiculous. Ej will probably fall for it but I don't see Lucas believing it.

Looking forward to the kiss :wub: :wub: :wub:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

samixxx
Mar 18 2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you, I am just happy that Sami is getting Grace home even if the adoption lie is ridiculous. Ej will probably fall for it but I don't see Lucas believing it.

Good point about Lucas--I hadn't even thought about him but he ought to be suspicious that Sami was pregnant, then told him her baby died, and now she's got a baby the same age as hers would have been. Then again, he hasn't put any of the Danloe clues together either. (Incidentally, pretty banner.)

samixxx
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 18 2009, 11:32 AM
samixxx

Good point about Lucas--I hadn't even thought about him but he ought to be suspicious that Sami was pregnant, then told him her baby died, and now she's got a baby the same age as hers would have been. Then again, he hasn't put any of the Danloe clues together either. (Incidentally, pretty banner.)
True, I guess I am just hoping someone gets a clue pretty soon, this is such a lame lie from someone with Sami's experience telling whoppers :shame: .

Thank you!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

How BAD of a lie is that one?? Come on SARLENA..you're slipping!!! Love AS trying to sell that load of shit!!!
I really hope EJ is stupid enough to believe that load of crap!
Liz

lastDays
Member Avatar

I may be in the minority here,but I couldn't give a crap about Sami and her tangled mess of men and babies :drunk:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lastDays
Mar 18 2009, 11:45 AM
I may be in the minority here,but I couldn't give a crap about Sami and her tangled mess of men and babies :drunk:
YOU are in the MAJORITY....I wish Sarlena would just LEAVE!!!
Liz

SaveDaysNow

Paxton
Mar 18 2009, 11:32 AM
samixxx

I can see Sami spinning the adoption to Lucas --she can say she was so devastated by the loss of her baby, and when she was hiding out at the convent she bonded with a baby that was abandoned there.

Mason
Member Avatar

lastDays
Believe me, you're in good company! LoL

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM
It's hard to justify because she already has three kids.
Um, this applies to the whole fucking storyline.

Thanks for posting, Ellie.
Edited by Ponz, Mar 18 2009, 12:34 PM.

peaches179

Mason
Mar 18 2009, 12:06 PM
lastDays
Believe me, you're in good company! LoL

Ditto!

coffeelover

Thanks Ellie I appreciate that you take the time to post these for us.

This storyline could have been twisty and interesting but it has become so predictable. I'm afraid that Dena and her writing team lack the ability to be creative and clever. Sometimes I even think that they think that they don't owe Days viewers an interesting and intriguing storyline. That perhaps we accept lame and contrived.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply