Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami goes to get her baby; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM (5,437 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ponz
Mar 18 2009, 12:32 PM
Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM
It's hard to justify because she already has three kids.
Um, this applies to the whole fucking storyline.

Thanks for posting, Ellie.
:lol: Truer words . . . .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I read that Lucas suspects Grace is actually Sami's daughter.

Dawn7
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like the idea of Sami explaining Grace to everyone as a baby she adopted. I was wondering how they were going to go about explaining how she has this baby. However, I do find it unbelievable that Sami would adopt another child when she already has two babies (Johnny and Allie). Whatever.

I still don't see any romantic chemistry between Rafe and Sami. I really wish the characters weren't so islanded and destined to be with a particular couple. It would really help the show to have the characters interact with everyone, characters outside of their stories. It would help in the chemistry department. I mean, for all we know, Galen Gering and Renee Jones could have amazing chemistry, but we'll probably never see it because he's destined to be Alison Sweeney's opposite.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Mar 18 2009, 01:15 PM.

Ellie

Ponz
Ellie
You'd better hope that Ali and Dave don't decide to have a third child.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 02:00 PM
Ponz
Ellie
:o
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Ponz
Ellie
:laugh: No doubt it would happen just in time for Safe to conceive triplets. :drunk:
Edited by Ponz, Mar 18 2009, 02:26 PM.

Ellie

Ponz
Mar 18 2009, 02:25 PM
:laugh: No doubt it would happen just in time for Safe to conceive triplets. :drunk:
ROFL I was actually going to write something like that, like maybe another set of WTD twins.

Since Days will probably be canceled though in 18 months, I think we're safe (so to speak), haha.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Well at least Ali isn't justifing this crap of a writing job, unlike some people I know. All these months and this is what they come up with. The only thing I like about this spoiler is little Grace coming home.

Deleted User
Deleted User

This whole "Explanation or excuse" for adoption is beyond believable.
She will be opening up a HUGE can of worms because I dont think anyone will believe or understand her reasoning.
She had other options.. Obviously she Trusts Rafe, and knows he cares about baby Grace, it would have been more realistic if he simply came to Salem with a child, either a so called abandoned sibling, or baby from a girl he might have hooked up with who walked away from the baby and left with him.

This way Sami could have claimed getting attached to the child if Rafe brought her for visits.
And Being a "Single Dad" Sami could offer to help out and pretty much take charge of her care and be in the childs life every day with fewer questions.

This whole .. "I was lonely so I adopted a newborn while someone was trying to kill me" story is stupid, especially considering she has 2 small toddlers at home.

BAD WRITING...BAD VISION .. but , why am I not surprised.
Quote Post Goto Top

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

YAY SAFE KISS AGAIN ;)

loving my GALEN ;)

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Ellie
Ponz
Ellie
I read an interview,,right before Ali had her baby,and she said that was it..no more babies for them... :D

Alligato
Member Avatar

Taelyn - my mind was where yours was. I thought for sure that since they went through the trouble of hiring GG and keeping him close to Sami...they would use Rafe as Grace's dad, and Sami would be helping him out by caring for the baby while he worked at the SPD...and of course, be raising Grace as her own.

There is no way an adoption could go so fast...maybe foster child. Bad writing all around. I hope Lucas figures it out...or someone.

But, thanks, Ellie for typing this up for us!

Livie

SaveDaysNow
Mar 18 2009, 11:58 AM
Paxton
Mar 18 2009, 11:32 AM
samixxx
Mar 18 2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you, I am just happy that Sami is getting Grace home even if the adoption lie is ridiculous. Ej will probably fall for it but I don't see Lucas believing it.

Good point about Lucas--I hadn't even thought about him but he ought to be suspicious that Sami was pregnant, then told him her baby died, and now she's got a baby the same age as hers would have been. Then again, he hasn't put any of the Danloe clues together either. (Incidentally, pretty banner.)
I can see Sami spinning the adoption to Lucas --she can say she was so devastated by the loss of her baby, and when she was hiding out at the convent she bonded with a baby that was abandoned there.

That is how I would see Sami explain it..she bonded with an abandoned infant while in the convent. Now what will Stefano figure out when his henchman gives his convent report?

I could not see any other out for the writing team given the edict Corday gave about "killing babies"..I really hope they do not let Nicole steal another child though, her list of nasty deeds is getting too long and she will have a very hard time not being painted into a corner.

desertgal

I am looking forward to the kiss and Sami & Rafe bringing baby Grace home. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Dallas812

Thanks for the info.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, people have been complaining for months that Sami did not have a plan. Adoption was thrown out as an idea and when Sami finally comes up with something and decides to adopt, people think it's dumb? Even when the show gives some what they want, people still complain LOL. Can't win, I guess. I don't think it makes much sense, as Drew said, because of Sami having two young children right now but they needed to do something.

I also agree it's late in the game to have Sami come up with this but you have to remember that the story is the way it is simply because Ali had to go on leave. They had to string it out and do things differently. I have no doubt that if she wasn't pregnant in real life, they would've did certain things differently. Hell, they wouldn't have done any of this at all so moot point.

I LOVE Sami and Rafe. They've clicked even more for me since they came to Salem together. I do agree that Rafe is still too isolated. I've really enjoyed him more when he's with others. They really need to ingratiate him into Salem and soon and have him interact with others. Hell, even do a bit of chemistry testing with him just to see if he sizzles with someone other then Sami before simply settling on Sami and Rafe. Explore all options before settling on a quick resolution would be the proper way of doing things right now IMO.

This sounds good though.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 18 2009, 07:55 PM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Mar 18 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, people have been complaining for months that Sami did not have a plan. Adoption was thrown out as an idea and when Sami finally comes up with something and decides to adopt, people think it's dumb? Even when the show gives some what they want, people still complain LOL.
Right. Because Sami didn't have a plan for a long time. Now that she finally has an idea at the last minute, that means people's complaints for the past few months weren't valid?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think we're more disappointed because Sami can come up with WHOPPERS in the past!! It's lazy writing!! Sure part of the excuse is the stupid ass idea of writing in AS's pregnancy, but if you decide that, they you better have something good waiting--because that time in WWP was HORRIBLE!
This is Days, so I can buy of a lot of the shit theyre selling...but for Sami...the queen of scheme...to have this "solution" to hiding her pregnancy??? LAME!!
Liz

Ponz
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 18 2009, 07:54 PM
I also agree it's late in the game to have Sami come up with this but you have to remember that the story is the way it is simply because Ali had to go on leave.
Once you factor in the Christmas break, Ali's total "leave" amounted to a mere 3 weeks. Such a brief absence put no pressure on TPTB to rejig 6 months of story. Of course, having to co-ordinate Ali's pregnancy with Sami's added further complications but that's just another reason why the former shouldn't have been incorporated in the first place.
Edited by Ponz, Mar 18 2009, 09:57 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply