Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami goes to get her baby; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM (5,441 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 08:06 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 18 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, people have been complaining for months that Sami did not have a plan. Adoption was thrown out as an idea and when Sami finally comes up with something and decides to adopt, people think it's dumb? Even when the show gives some what they want, people still complain LOL.
Right. Because Sami didn't have a plan for a long time. Now that she finally has an idea at the last minute, that means people's complaints for the past few months weren't valid?
Didn't say that.

I just think for SOME the show is damned if they do and damned if they don't and some things just aren't that simple. There was alot of factors here with Ali being pregnant, the timing of her leave and when she would have her baby in conjunction with the character having her baby, etc. It's not so cut and dry like some often make it out to be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Mar 18 2009, 09:39 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 18 2009, 07:54 PM
I also agree it's late in the game to have Sami come up with this but you have to remember that the story is the way it is simply because Ali had to go on leave.
Once you factor in the Christmas break, Ali's total "leave" amounted to a mere 3 weeks. Such a brief absence put no pressure on TPTB to rejig 6 months of story. Of course, having to co-ordinate Ali's pregnancy with Sami's added further complications but that's just another reason why the former shouldn't have been incorporated in the first place.
You make a good point about incorporating it in the first place. I won't argue that. I wasn't on board with it either but it was and I think the show did a pretty good job considering all the factors involved. JMO.

daisy132

Maybe they went with the adoption story so that they can integrate Mia. Like Mia finding out that Nicole gave the baby to Sami, and Sami adopted her instead. That would make sense, I think.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I dont have a problem with the adoption and it will give her a legal claim to Grace, but It would have worked better if she atleast had a plan to make it look as though Rafe was the father or a gaurdian, and tried to make that story workn Rafe would give her the care of the baby (Much like Marlena raised Brady even before they married) until the truth comes out or a better plan comes to her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

**Re-posting this from Spoiler section**
I think its very possible Sydney could infact die of S.I.D.S.. but if not, no matter what I think EJ gets sole custody of her once he discovers the truth.., and maybe Gianni too..Heres why...

We all know if the truth about the switch comes out it only spells disaster with 2 babies involved. Sami hid her baby from her rightful father, then (as far as she knew) left her at a convent with the intent to decieve EJ. Courts would be all over this, Him being a lawyer only makes it worse for Sami.
Even if He was willing to share custody and forgive and forget .. would Sami just make a *Trade*
Sami is after all .. VERY ATTACHED to Grace she loves her as does Rafe, and supposedly they are aging the baby several months. Even if Sami discovers Grace isnt hers, would she just be able to walk away from a baby she has nursed and loved from birth ? Is she just going to step back and let Mia have "her daughter" ?Legally the child will be hers because Sami is adopting her. But thats debatable.
If she gets to keep Grace and Sydney does Sami then have *****5****** children, 4 of them under 3 ???? Are they trying to make her Angie Jolie or worse, some kind of *SincoMom*
She is still kinda young , how many more kids will she have on this soap since they love over 40 pregnancies???
Or does she lose Gianni and Sydney to EJ ?? Would She be able to stand that ? That would be what EJ attempts to do.
If Sami loses Grace to Mia, I think EJ still tries to keep Sydney, and Gianni..
Ofcourse that would decrease her nursery size anyways.
There is no happy ending here I can see.
Maybe Mia takes her baby then, after discovering how hard it is she gives her back to Sami. That would leave Sami with Will, Ali and Grace and have visitation only with the other children
I just cant see Sami giving up Grace at this point her heart is too invested.
And I cant see her with all of them either.
And......I don't see Nicole walking away easy without a child either.. Unless EJ stays with her somehow.
Edited by Taelyn, 50 minutes ago.
Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Mar 18 2009, 02:52 PM
This whole "Explanation or excuse" for adoption is beyond believable.
She will be opening up a HUGE can of worms because I dont think anyone will believe or understand her reasoning.
She had other options.. Obviously she Trusts Rafe, and knows he cares about baby Grace, it would have been more realistic if he simply came to Salem with a child, either a so called abandoned sibling, or baby from a girl he might have hooked up with who walked away from the baby and left with him.

This way Sami could have claimed getting attached to the child if Rafe brought her for visits.
And Being a "Single Dad" Sami could offer to help out and pretty much take charge of her care and be in the childs life every day with fewer questions.

This whole .. "I was lonely so I adopted a newborn while someone was trying to kill me" story is stupid, especially considering she has 2 small toddlers at home.

BAD WRITING...BAD VISION .. but , why am I not surprised.
While it is stupid I don't think that Sami taking custody of a daughter of Rafe's would make anymore sense.

Why would Rafe simply hand his daughter over to Sami, unless he's planning on moving in.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I am amazed at the stupidity of these writers

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Mar 19 2009, 02:26 AM
I think its very possible Sydney could infact die of S.I.D.S.. but if not, no matter what I think EJ gets sole custody of her once he discovers the truth.., and maybe Gianni too..Heres why...

We all know if the truth about the switch comes out it only spells disaster with 2 babies involved. Sami hid her baby from her rightful father, then (as far as she knew) left her at a convent with the intent to decieve EJ. Courts would be all over this, Him being a lawyer only makes it worse for Sami.
Even if He was willing to share custody and forgive and forget .. would Sami just make a *Trade*
Sami is after all .. VERY ATTACHED to Grace she loves her as does Rafe, and supposedly they are aging the baby several months. Even if Sami discovers Grace isnt hers, would she just be able to walk away from a baby she has nursed and loved from birth ? Is she just going to step back and let Mia have "her daughter" ?Legally the child will be hers because Sami is adopting her. But thats debatable.
If she gets to keep Grace and Sydney does Sami then have *****5****** children, 4 of them under 3 ???? Are they trying to make her Angie Jolie or worse, some kind of *SincoMom*
She is still kinda young , how many more kids will she have on this soap since they love over 40 pregnancies???
Or does she lose Gianni and Sydney to EJ ?? Would She be able to stand that ? That would be what EJ attempts to do.
Maybe Mia takes her baby then, after discovering how hard it is she gives her back to Sami. That would leave Sami with Will, Ali and Grace and have visitation only with the other children
And......I don't see Nicole walking away easy without a child either.. Unless EJ stays with her somehow.
First of all - I don't see Nicole 'walking away easy' - I think it will be more likely that she gets tossed out on her lying arse and better hope she doesn't end up having to run for her life. She will have absolutely no ties to either baby - nothing to allow her to stay in either of their lives. I don't see Sami ever allowing her anywhere near the baby again - and if Mia is with her baby, I doubt she'd allow Nicole near her, either.

I think EJ will be hurt and angry with Sami at first, but eventually he will come around and forgive her. EJ has always wanted to have a family with Sami - and given his own upbringing I doubt very much EJ will prevent his children from having a relationship with their mother. I have no doubt it will take some time to get there but eventually I think EJ and Sami will come together to raise their children, and end up being a couple.

As for Mia and baby Grace I am curious to see how that plays out. Given that it looks like a relationship may develop between Mia and Will I wonder if Sami will allow Mia to have Grace, but will stay involved in their lives and offer support. I may be making it all to nice and sweet - but I would love to see Mia wind up with her baby but Sami still involved in her life.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I think it's time for the writers to finally put the nail in the coffin where EJ/Sami are concerned. Rafe/Sami and EJ/Nicole are hot! What are EJ/Sami going to do everyday? Bounce all those kiddies on their knees? I say forget about it. The writers have went around the bend to force EJ/Sami together. Besides, I see no chemistry with EJ/Sami. Just my opinion, of course. The writers have so much storyline potential with both Sami/Rafe as well as EJ/Nicole. NO more babies for Sami, please. I don't know what the writers were thinking saddling Sami with all those kids. So much for adventure, huh? But, she clicks with Rafe in a way that she hasn't clicked with her other wanna be partners. I can see Sami/Rafe posing as a couple to get Grace. I can't wait for a real kiss between the two. EJ/Nicole, on the other hand, sizzzzzle. Yes, Nicole is doing some major lying right now but that doesn't dispute the fact that they are hot together. Besides, both Sami/EJ have resorted to some pretty dirty tactics themselves. So, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Like I said, just my opinion. If I don't ever thank Higley for anything else, I am forever grateful for the end of the EJ/Sami/Lucas saga. Now that is when my tube was on some serious lockdown. Rafe/Nicole are the perfect additions to rid us of that disastrous neverending plot. What are they going to do with Mia's baby? The girl is too young to take care of a baby. She's young, has no job, etc. So what is she going to do with a little baby? She can't even take care of herself. Yes, this current plot point is lame. However, I'm glad to see the baby out of the convent at least. Initially, I thought that Dena and her pals were off their rockers when they crafted this twisted baby tale. But, I must admit that I have been glued to my set. I'm loving the show right now so I'm not going to complain.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 19 2009, 09:16 AM
Taelyn

First of all - I don't see Nicole 'walking away easy' - I think it will be more likely that she gets tossed out on her lying arse and better hope she doesn't end up having to run for her life. She will have absolutely no ties to either baby - nothing to allow her to stay in either of their lives. I don't see Sami ever allowing her anywhere near the baby again - and if Mia is with her baby, I doubt she'd allow Nicole near her, either.

I think EJ will be hurt and angry with Sami at first, but eventually he will come around and forgive her. EJ has always wanted to have a family with Sami - and given his own upbringing I doubt very much EJ will prevent his children from having a relationship with their mother. I have no doubt it will take some time to get there but eventually I think EJ and Sami will come together to raise their children, and end up being a couple.

As for Mia and baby Grace I am curious to see how that plays out. Given that it looks like a relationship may develop between Mia and Will I wonder if Sami will allow Mia to have Grace, but will stay involved in their lives and offer support. I may be making it all to nice and sweet - but I would love to see Mia wind up with her baby but Sami still involved in her life.
Great post.Nicole has no rights over any child,,she did not legally adopt Mia;s and she stole Sami's..I pray we are at the end of Ej and that woman,,they are in my opinon the most sickening couple I have witnessed in some time..Rafe is a huge snore,,trying to rip off Bo's persona..sorry there is only one Bo Brady,and Rafey ain't Bo in any way shape or form..what a snore.I agree,Ej will be upset,but when he learns Samantha was right all along..well I think we will have forgiveness,after all they LOVE each other...still this story needs to wrap up....I am sick to death of it :sleep:

coffeelover

lazydazes
Mar 19 2009, 09:54 AM
I think it's time for the writers to finally put the nail in the coffin where EJ/Sami are concerned. Rafe/Sami and EJ/Nicole are hot! What are EJ/Sami going to do everyday? Bounce all those kiddies on their knees? I say forget about it. The writers have went around the bend to force EJ/Sami together. Besides, I see no chemistry with EJ/Sami. Just my opinion, of course. The writers have so much storyline potential with both Sami/Rafe as well as EJ/Nicole. NO more babies for Sami, please. I don't know what the writers were thinking saddling Sami with all those kids. So much for adventure, huh? But, she clicks with Rafe in a way that she hasn't clicked with her other wanna be partners. I can see Sami/Rafe posing as a couple to get Grace. I can't wait for a real kiss between the two. EJ/Nicole, on the other hand, sizzzzzle. Yes, Nicole is doing some major lying right now but that doesn't dispute the fact that they are hot together. Besides, both Sami/EJ have resorted to some pretty dirty tactics themselves. So, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Like I said, just my opinion. If I don't ever thank Higley for anything else, I am forever grateful for the end of the EJ/Sami/Lucas saga. Now that is when my tube was on some serious lockdown. Rafe/Nicole are the perfect additions to rid us of that disastrous neverending plot. What are they going to do with Mia's baby? The girl is too young to take care of a baby. She's young, has no job, etc. So what is she going to do with a little baby? She can't even take care of herself. Yes, this current plot point is lame. However, I'm glad to see the baby out of the convent at least. Initially, I thought that Dena and her pals were off their rockers when they crafted this twisted baby tale. But, I must admit that I have been glued to my set. I'm loving the show right now so I'm not going to complain.
So let me get this straight lazydazes you just admitted that you had your TV on lockdown during the EJ/Sami/lucas s/l so how do you know if Sami and EJ don't have potential or sizzle????? How do you know that Sami and EJ don't have chemistry if you didn't watch? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your opinion would actually make sense if you actually watched! I personally won't give an opinion on something if I don't watch it for myself - what's the point in doing that?

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Taelyn

I dont see EJ just forgiving Sami for what she did.
Both women burned him, decieved him.. One with the intent to take his child from him, and the other lied to keep him, and give him the child he wanted.. and in turn gave him the child stolen from him.

Nicole had a reason *sick as it may be* for her lie. And she will have her grief as a crutch as well.
Sami has no crutch, her only excuse.. *She didnt want him near the baby, feared his father and the Dimera legacy*... EJ wont be saying .. "Oh that I can understand , what you did was terrible but your my Samanther so alls forgiven"

He will take both children away from Sami, her excuse wont fly in any court of law, and he wont trust her. And it will be the ultimate punishment.

As for Nicole.. If they are not married she is history.. If they are married, he may stay married to her but the relationship is history.

Ejami will never happen.. Atleast not in a *Happy ever after way*
Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Mar 19 2009, 12:45 PM
SocRMum1
Taelyn

Both women burned him, decieved him.. One with the intent to take his child from him, and the other lied to keep him, and give him the child he wanted.. and in turn gave him the child stolen from him.

Nicole had a reason *sick as it may be* for her lie. And she will have her grief as a crutch as well.
Sami has no crutch, her only excuse.. *She didnt want him near the baby, feared his father and the Dimera legacy*... EJ wont be saying .. "Oh that I can understand , what you did was terrible but your my Samanther so alls forgiven"

He will take both children away from Sami, her excuse wont fly in any court of law, and he wont trust her. And it will be the ultimate punishment.

As for Nicole.. If they are not married she is history.. If they are married, he may stay married to her but the relationship is history.

Happily Ever After will get you back burned or sent out of Salem .... NO I think EJAMI will be one of those "passionately ever after couples".

ladyfawn
Member Avatar

"First of all - I don't see Nicole 'walking away easy' - I think it will be more likely that she gets tossed out on her lying arse and better hope she doesn't end up having to run for her life. She will have absolutely no ties to either baby - nothing to allow her to stay in either of their lives" {i hope im doing this right im new}

i dont think there will be any 'walking away' because i believe she will be the one who gives tony ~who now knows the baby truth~ the final killing blow, honestly, i dont know why the writers made her loose her baby, i really liked her before all this sceeming,
i just wish the baby drama was over, i cannot stand it, it hurts my heart, truly,

i dont know about everyone else, but me, i see nicole in a nice bright orange suit...

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Taelyn
SocRMum1
Taelyn

I think that once things come to the surface that EJ will forgive Sami for her deceptions.

I don't see Nicole getting that same pass. Ej's never done anything for Nicole not to trust him, except love Sami. :wub:

Kali
Member Avatar

I don't get why so many are blasting the adoption angle is stupid. It seems a most sensible solution for a soap.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kali
Mar 19 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't get why so many are blasting the adoption angle is stupid. It seems a most sensible solution for a soap.
How do you mean?

My take on it is that the writers had like 11 months while Sami was isolated to come up with a plan.

The writers have at their disposal a character with a history of deviousness, from attempting to sell an infant to dressing as a man and infiltrating Iraq. And that character had like 11 months of isolation to come up with a plan.

Yet we get this. "My baby died...but I found this one and brought it home."

Adoption doesn't make sense in terms of how it would work in the real world. I don't so much care about that, though. For me it's that it doesn't make sense for Sami. She used to be smarter than this- it's too easy for someone to prove she's lying.

I would've preferred they try to work Mia in it a bit deeper than they have. She and Sami meet at the convent, bond, Sami finds out she was pregnant- so it wouldn't shock too many people if Mia had a baby- and so Sami invites Mia and Grace to live with her under the pretense that she's helping a teenage mother and getting some assistance with her own children. Two single moms, working it out together. One big-ass fun, twisted lie.

But a believable lie that nobody would really question, except for Nicole who couldn't say anything about it without exposing herself.

The adoption angle isn't something that's credible- as a lot of people have pointed out. It requires characters to be stupid, and it makes for a much easier ultimate reveal (someone asks around they can find out). A cheap reveal is not so much fun.

So for me it's just not good enough.

Kali
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 19 2009, 03:52 PM
Kali
Mar 19 2009, 03:31 PM
How do you mean?

My take on it is that the writers had like 11 months while Sami was isolated to come up with a plan.

The writers have at their disposal a character with a history of deviousness, from attempting to sell an infant to dressing as a man and infiltrating Iraq. And that character had like 11 months of isolation to come up with a plan.

Yet we get this. "My baby died...but I found this one and brought it home."

Adoption doesn't make sense in terms of how it would work in the real world. I don't so much care about that, though. For me it's that it doesn't make sense for Sami. She used to be smarter than this- it's too easy for someone to prove she's lying.

I would've preferred they try to work Mia in it a bit deeper than they have. She and Sami meet at the convent, bond, Sami finds out she was pregnant- so it wouldn't shock too many people if Mia had a baby- and so Sami invites Mia and Grace to live with her under the pretense that she's helping a teenage mother and getting some assistance with her own children. Two single moms, working it out together. One big-ass fun, twisted lie.

But a believable lie that nobody would really question, except for Nicole who couldn't say anything about it without exposing herself.

The adoption angle isn't something that's credible- as a lot of people have pointed out. It requires characters to be stupid, and it makes for a much easier ultimate reveal (someone asks around they can find out). A cheap reveal is not so much fun.

So for me it's just not good enough.
I guess I've abandoned all hope of anything on DOOL resembling how things work IRL. IRL EJ would have noticed that Sami was pregnant before she went into the WPP (which was nothing like IRL WPP!). IRL EJ would have realized Nicole had a f-ing rubber pad strapped to her. IRL Mia and Sami wouldn't have gone into labor on the same day, etc., etc. In comparison to what viewers have been expected to buy in this s/l, I think the adoption angle is one of the more sensible aspects of the story. And I'm happy for some movement in this s/l!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
SocRMum1
Taelyn

Per the writing, Sami's 'crutch' was her fear/concern regarding Stefano's influence over her children - and seeing as we now know that Stefano was indeed behind the mayor's murder, and by extension, the threat on Sami's life as well as the life of her unborn child - it was a very valid concern. She was putting the safety of her child above all else.

Nicole's reasons were purely selfish. She was terrified that losing the baby would mean EJ no longer felt an obligation to continue their relationship so she chose not to tell him about her miscarriage, thereby denying him the opportunity to grieve for his lost child. It had nothing to with giving EJ 'his child' - she had no idea Sami was pregnant until long after she strapped on the rubber belly and went on the prowl for a 'bargain basement baby' to pass of as his. The more she's lied, the deeper she's dug her hole. And I sure don't see EJ or Sami offering her a ladder or hand to pull her back out. That burden will fall to Brady.

I fully expect EJami to happen. It will be a long road yet, but the writing is building to that right now. Clearly EJ feels a connection when he sees Sami holding their daughter. She is clearly drawn to their baby even without knowing she is really theirs. Once Nicole is out of the way Rafe will be the next road block but I truly believe that all roads do lead to EJami - in a passionately ever after sort of way. (Love that, by the way!)

lumifan6

I am not sure I understand the argument. Adoption makes good sense, despite how many kids Sami already has. How many of those other kids is she actually getting to raise right now? Oh yeah, NONE. Will is grown and doesn't really need her. He'll run to Lucas or Carrie and Austin whenever the mood strikes him. Lucas and Chloe have laid claim to Allie and Sami is allowed only visitation whenever Lucas sees fit. EJ and Nicole have laid claim to Johnny and have a court order barring her from removing him from EJ's house without his permission. So what is wrong with her wanting to adopt her own baby that neither man has a claim to right now and she can raise it herself????

And, I really don't understand the push to get EJ and Sami together. If a man decided he had to control me and dictate my every move, my friends, my family, my living arrangements, my child's upbringing and allowed me to have no say in any of it, you can bet I'd not want to stand for it and I don't think Sami should either.

I liked Nicole and EJ together because I saw a side of him that was being allowed to have a "real" relationship that wasn't being forced by either partner. The loss of the baby and EJ's return to having to be the one in control and calling all the shots have started to put a dent in that, but Nicole did bring some of it on herself. Once he settles back down and stops being the control freak, it will work for me again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply