Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami goes to get her baby; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM (5,287 Views)
SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Kali
Mar 19 2009, 04:02 PM
px780
Mar 19 2009, 03:52 PM
Kali
Mar 19 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't get why so many are blasting the adoption angle is stupid. It seems a most sensible solution for a soap.
How do you mean?

My take on it is that the writers had like 11 months while Sami was isolated to come up with a plan.

The writers have at their disposal a character with a history of deviousness, from attempting to sell an infant to dressing as a man and infiltrating Iraq. And that character had like 11 months of isolation to come up with a plan.

Yet we get this. "My baby died...but I found this one and brought it home."

Adoption doesn't make sense in terms of how it would work in the real world. I don't so much care about that, though. For me it's that it doesn't make sense for Sami. She used to be smarter than this- it's too easy for someone to prove she's lying.

I would've preferred they try to work Mia in it a bit deeper than they have. She and Sami meet at the convent, bond, Sami finds out she was pregnant- so it wouldn't shock too many people if Mia had a baby- and so Sami invites Mia and Grace to live with her under the pretense that she's helping a teenage mother and getting some assistance with her own children. Two single moms, working it out together. One big-ass fun, twisted lie.

But a believable lie that nobody would really question, except for Nicole who couldn't say anything about it without exposing herself.

The adoption angle isn't something that's credible- as a lot of people have pointed out. It requires characters to be stupid, and it makes for a much easier ultimate reveal (someone asks around they can find out). A cheap reveal is not so much fun.

So for me it's just not good enough.
I guess I've abandoned all hope of anything on DOOL resembling how things work IRL. IRL EJ would have noticed that Sami was pregnant before she went into the WPP (which was nothing like IRL WPP!). IRL EJ would have realized Nicole had a f-ing rubber pad strapped to her. IRL Mia and Sami wouldn't have gone into labor on the same day, etc., etc. In comparison to what viewers have been expected to buy in this s/l, I think the adoption angle is one of the more sensible aspects of the story. And I'm happy for some movement in this s/l!
When you put it that way Sami finding a spare baby and adopting it makes perfect sense. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I've found this story to be contrived from the beginning. What's one more lame plot twist on top of all the others?

daisy132

Taelyn
Mar 19 2009, 02:26 AM
**Re-posting this from Spoiler section**
I think its very possible Sydney could infact die of S.I.D.S.. but if not, no matter what I think EJ gets sole custody of her once he discovers the truth.., and maybe Gianni too..Heres why...

We all know if the truth about the switch comes out it only spells disaster with 2 babies involved. Sami hid her baby from her rightful father, then (as far as she knew) left her at a convent with the intent to decieve EJ. Courts would be all over this, Him being a lawyer only makes it worse for Sami.
Even if He was willing to share custody and forgive and forget .. would Sami just make a *Trade*
Sami is after all .. VERY ATTACHED to Grace she loves her as does Rafe, and supposedly they are aging the baby several months. Even if Sami discovers Grace isnt hers, would she just be able to walk away from a baby she has nursed and loved from birth ? Is she just going to step back and let Mia have "her daughter" ?Legally the child will be hers because Sami is adopting her. But thats debatable.
If she gets to keep Grace and Sydney does Sami then have *****5****** children, 4 of them under 3 ???? Are they trying to make her Angie Jolie or worse, some kind of *SincoMom*
She is still kinda young , how many more kids will she have on this soap since they love over 40 pregnancies???
Or does she lose Gianni and Sydney to EJ ?? Would She be able to stand that ? That would be what EJ attempts to do.
If Sami loses Grace to Mia, I think EJ still tries to keep Sydney, and Gianni..
Ofcourse that would decrease her nursery size anyways.
There is no happy ending here I can see.
Maybe Mia takes her baby then, after discovering how hard it is she gives her back to Sami. That would leave Sami with Will, Ali and Grace and have visitation only with the other children
I just cant see Sami giving up Grace at this point her heart is too invested.
And I cant see her with all of them either.
And......I don't see Nicole walking away easy without a child either.. Unless EJ stays with her somehow.
Edited by Taelyn, 50 minutes ago.
I doubt very highly that Sydney will die of anything. Nicole's baby died. I think that the quota for dead babies is filled.

I can certainly see Mia getting her baby back. She is going into a relationship with Will (which in my opininon is the new Sami and Lucas on Days), and Sami would still be in Grace's life. Plus, it looks as though Sami is bonding more and more with Sydney. She will be happy when the truth comes out. She will only have three little ones then, which is what she was going to have anyways.

I can most certainly see a happy ending. The Dimera family finally united - EJ, Sami, Sydney, Johnny and possibly Allie. A regular sized family, IMO. :shrug:

Will is grown up, starting his own life soon.
Edited by daisy132, Mar 19 2009, 08:46 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kali
Mar 19 2009, 04:02 PM
I guess I've abandoned all hope of anything on DOOL resembling how things work IRL. IRL EJ would have noticed that Sami was pregnant before she went into the WPP (which was nothing like IRL WPP!). IRL EJ would have realized Nicole had a f-ing rubber pad strapped to her. IRL Mia and Sami wouldn't have gone into labor on the same day, etc., etc. In comparison to what viewers have been expected to buy in this s/l, I think the adoption angle is one of the more sensible aspects of the story. And I'm happy for some movement in this s/l!
That does make sense.

I still think it's cheap, but yeah- you make a lot of sense there.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lumifan6
Mar 19 2009, 05:15 PM
And, I really don't understand the push to get EJ and Sami together. If a man decided he had to control me and dictate my every move, my friends, my family, my living arrangements, my child's upbringing and allowed me to have no say in any of it, you can bet I'd not want to stand for it and I don't think Sami should either.

What? You don't see the romance in that? The love? The incredible passion?? :laugh: :laugh:

Just another perspective, Nicole didn't want to lose EJ or her daughter and did the fake belly to hold onto him, to keep him in her life, and to have that family dream. I am sure EJ can related to going a little bit crazy to keep his family dream (freezer truck, forced marriage, faked paralysis, paid off immigration agent, etc. etc.)

Sami didn't want EJ in Grace's life at all. Nothing. Not even going to tell him. She didn't want EJ in her life at all.

So when EJ finds out, I am so curious as to what he will do. It's silly to project seeing the crazy ass writing, but with all that has happened, I am truly puzzled as to what his response will be.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Mar 19 2009, 08:52 PM
lumifan6
Mar 19 2009, 05:15 PM
And, I really don't understand the push to get EJ and Sami together. If a man decided he had to control me and dictate my every move, my friends, my family, my living arrangements, my child's upbringing and allowed me to have no say in any of it, you can bet I'd not want to stand for it and I don't think Sami should either.

What? You don't see the romance in that? The love? The incredible passion?? :laugh: :laugh:

Just another perspective, Nicole didn't want to lose EJ or her daughter and did the fake belly to hold onto him, to keep him in her life, and to have that family dream. I am sure EJ can related to going a little bit crazy to keep his family dream (freezer truck, forced marriage, faked paralysis, paid off immigration agent, etc. etc.)

Sami didn't want EJ in Grace's life at all. Nothing. Not even going to tell him. She didn't want EJ in her life at all.

So when EJ finds out, I am so curious as to what he will do. It's silly to project seeing the crazy ass writing, but with all that has happened, I am truly puzzled as to what his response will be.
Well, seeing as you are a former EJami fan you must have seen it at one time, right?

And it's not accurate that Sami never wanted EJ in the baby's life. In fact, after she got over the shock of finding out she was pregnant she attempted to go and tell EJ the truth at least twice - the first time she was intercepted by finding Stefano taking Johnny for a walk in the local graveyard, and the second time she found EJ and Nicole getting down to bizness on Daddy's couch. I can understand how both of those scenarios gave her pause...particularly after EJ had just been to the cabin to see her to talk about his 'disaster' with Nicole.

But you know what? It's all water under the bridge - or balled up scraps in the writer's wastebasket, more accurately. In the here and now, Sami feels she has to continue to protect her secret because EJ has made it clear that he's moved on with his new 'family' - and continues to live in Stefano's house. We now know that Sami was right to be concerned about Stefano since he's been revealed to be behind the mayor's murder. Whatever you want to think about her motives - they've been unselfish in putting her child first.

Nicole? Not so much. You're right - she strapped on that fake belly to hold on to EJ - basically confirming that she already thought the only reason they were in a relationship was because of her unexpected pregnancy. Prior to finding out she was pregnant she wasn't proclaiming anything about 'that family dream'. In fact, she talked about not liking children because they are selfish and needy. Her motivation, once the miracle baby was lost, was all about saving her real dream - to be rich and pampered. That has ALWAYS been the motivation for Nicole - and this hearts and flowers crap is as big a rewrite as any other story has ever been on this show.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ LOL! You say tomAto. I say tomAHto.

And yes, as a former EJami (emphasis on former) I used to see something between them. It was awesome. Unfortunately, it is gone and replaced with a pathetic excuse for anything resembling attraction...more like eye rolling tolerance on AS's part and painful execution of lines on JS's part. It's okay. Things change. Especially on soaps.

And the best part of EJ and Nicole is that while they whitewash Sami to be this wonderful unselfish heroine for her child (you know, the one she abandoned to keep from the evil man she is now hanging out with)...Nicole and EJ have ALWAYS been selfish manipulators looking out for themselves. They have so much in common...match made in badass heaven. I think that is what attracted me to Ejami, but the writers couldn't sell it with them. They now see where they can sell it! And for me, it is working.

Like I said, I look forward to the big reveal. I can't wait to see what EJ has to say and what he will do. It will say alot about what they are doing with his character...and I really don't know which direction he will go.
I am really enjoying this storyline so far! Hope you are too!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I fully expect most Ejami's to hold on to the unexplainable, and unreasonable hope that EJ is somehow just going to overlook the fact that Sami had every intention of him NEVER finding out he was a father to her baby. *And*
That Another man (That she is very interested in) was with her through the pregnancy experiencing all the little intimate things he will feel he should have shared and denied him what he will feel he was entitled to *including the birth*.
Why would he forgive her knowing that she went to Extreme lengths to decieve him..
The Stephano excuse truly makes no sense at all.. she didnt KNOW back then Stephano put out that hit, and I doubt she ever considered he was trying kill her at that time. The WPP was a perfect opportunity to hide from EJ. And If she truly"Loved and trusted EJ" even a little She would have confided in him.. She does not trust him, He has done despicable things to her and her family many in the name of his "So called love" he feels for her.
Yes she was going to tell him about the baby at first, But not out of joy.. she hated that she was pregnant,she was devastated and called EJ the worst mistake in her life. She was finally going to tell him because Lucas threatened to do it if she didnt.
Seeing EJ with Nicole just made it more uncomfortable, and that and the Mayors murder gave her an excuse to not do it, and ultimatley played right into her hands.

I frankly dont think EJ will forgive either of them, He will be more hurt by Nicole because she was suppose to love and trust him and in his love for her.. And he had fallen in love with her, (Even if he still had residual feelings for Sami) He fell in love with Nicole. He will be disgusted, and angry with Nicole but as mad as he gets he will know she never tried or wanted to deny him his child, and may even be grateful for bringing Sydney home to him..but losing his/thier child was out of her hands.
He will be beyond FURIOUS at Sami there will be no forgivness or understanding for what she tried to deny him..

He will make it his mission to destroy her happiness.. If she gets visitation of Syd and Gianni, it will likely be very uncomfortable at first for everyone.

Anyone who see's a happy ending for Ejami is dreaming in my opinion.. But hey .. we are all entitled to dream :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Mar 19 2009, 11:43 PM
I fully expect most Ejami's to hold on to the unexplainable, and unreasonable hope that EJ is somehow just going to overlook the fact that Sami had every intention of him NEVER finding out he was a father to her baby. *And*
That Another man (That she is very interested in) was with her through the pregnancy experiencing all the little intimate things he will feel he should have shared and denied him what he will feel he was entitled to *including the birth*.
Why would he forgive her knowing that she went to Extreme lengths to decieve him..
The Stephano excuse truly makes no sense at all.. she didnt KNOW back then Stephano put out that hit, and I doubt she ever considered he was trying kill her at that time. The WPP was a perfect opportunity to hide from EJ. And If she truly"Loved and trusted EJ" even a little She would have confided in him.. She does not trust him, He has done despicable things to her and her family many in the name of his "So called love" he feels for her.
Yes she was going to tell him about the baby at first, But not out of joy.. she hated that she was pregnant,she was devastated and called EJ the worst mistake in her life. She was finally going to tell him because Lucas threatened to do it if she didnt.
Seeing EJ with Nicole just made it more uncomfortable, and that and the Mayors murder gave her an excuse to not do it, and ultimatrly played right into her hands.

I frankly dont think EJ will forgive either of them, He will be more hurt by Nicole because she was suppose to love and trust him and in his love for her.. And he had fallen in love with her, (Even if he still had residual feelings for Sami) He fell in love with Nicole. He will be disgusted, and angry with Nicole, and FURIOUS at Sami.

He will make it his mission to destroy her happiness.. If she gets visitation of Syd and Gianni, it will likely be very uncomfortable at first for everyone.

Anyone who see's a happy ending for Ejami is dreaming in my opinion.. But hey .. we are all entitled to dream :)
BRAVO....great post!

I dont think that EJ will be crushed when he finds out about Sami's lies...its expected! Sami has always treated him like shit...why would this time be anything different. He'll just take both the kids because he has every legal right to do so.

He will be destroyed when he finds out about Nicole lies...you know the kind of pain one feels when the love of his life betrays one another! He'll have all these emotions going through him. This is his first true relationship he has had one woman love him completely..not because the other guy's in jail!

BTW..the ONLY reason Sami agreed to go into WPP was to protect her secret. She said it that day when they told her. She has the best excuse to hide the "worst mistake of her life" (and thats saying A LOT for her!) And how about not getting pre-natal care for the baby. She would sneak out to make sure the nuns would take care of her abandoned baby...but couldnt see sneak in a doctor?? Yeah...unselfish...right...whatever makes you sleep at night!
Liz

cassie1013

What about saying the baby is Rafe's with someone else, and she's adopting it? Lol.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Hmmm...well I've never seen any EJami fans I know say they believe EJ 'will just overlook' Sami's deception. That is certainly not going to happen - no doubt they have a long road of angst ahead of them.

Say what you will about Sami's motivations the writing, especially these days, is an indication that Sami has been vindicated regarding her concerns about Stefano. He IS behind the mayor's murder, and thus by extension, the threat on both the lives of her daughter and her. Based on the way the story is being written her instincts were absolutely correct. Whether EJ accepts it right away or not, I believe it's being written that way to build the bridge that will allow them to get past this. I don't see that as an unexplainable or unreasonable hope - it's been put there in the writing. :shrug: I do understand that people who want to see a different outcome can and will spin it in a thousand different ways. But show me any indication in the writing that EJ will hate Samantha? We've certainly seen lots of indications of how he'll feel about Nicole. Her nightmare on Christmas Eve when he grabs her by the throat and tosses her out of the house...and later her nightmare when she wakes up and finds him standing in the door of the bedroom holding the baby, and then goes on to tell her that she crossed the DiMera's and will pay, and turns to take the baby 'to see her real mother'. It seems Nicole is certainly having a hard time believing in this great love she and EJ share. Go figure. :huh: I don't think EJ will be more hurt by Nicole - he'll be flat out furious, as he should be. The man clearly settled for his 'disaster' out of a feeling of obligation and having lost any hope of a future with Sami - and then to find out that she's been making an utter fool of him for months, while confiding in Brady? Yeah...I don't see that turning out well for Nicole at all. :hmmph:

But as for his relationship with Sami - EJ is a good father. So despite their issues and his hurt/anger over her attempt to hide the truth from him he will want to protect their children from any animosity between them. Perhaps not right away...but I don't see a long term battle between EJ and Sami regarding their children - and particularly not once EJ learns the truth that Stefano was indeed behind the murder. When it is all said and done EJami will always remain in each other's orbit because of the children they share - and I believe that will eventually lead to them both finally admitting their love for one another and coming together as a family.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 07:45 AM
I do understand that people who want to see a different outcome can and will spin it in a thousand different ways.
Yea, me too! LMAO!

All we can do is see how this will play out. Give it some time and all shall be revealed! I can't wait! I look forward to AZ and JS performances! That should be worth this whole mess!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 08:12 AM
SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 07:45 AM
I do understand that people who want to see a different outcome can and will spin it in a thousand different ways.
Yea, me too! LMAO!

All we can do is see how this will play out. Give it some time and all shall be revealed! I can't wait! I look forward to AZ and JS performances! That should be worth this whole mess!!!
I agree that all we can do is see how it plays out - and man oh man, I can't wait until we get to the day that this wretched mess is over. I wish I were enjoying this story more and perhaps I will once the truth comes out. The Mom in me just finds it hard to stomach watching Nicole with a baby she has stolen from it's mother. I might have been able to handle it better if it had turned out that Nicole went to 'adopt' a baby to pass off as EJ's without realizing she is really Sami's...but knowing she did this intentionally just makes it so much harder to patiently wait it out. I do hope the payoff - and payback - will be huge. I have no doubt all of the actors will do a tremendous job with the material.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

That just furthers my belief that they do need to move Sami/EJ from one another's orbit. It's the same battle over and over. Nicole/Rafe have just taken Lucas's spot in the Ejami cycle. Enough already. The writers have a wonderful opportunity to create/maintain two compelling love stories with Rafe/Nicole whom they share chemistry with. The argument that "Ejami is endgame" has been echoing for too many years now. I beg to differ. It's not like they're a Steve/Kayla or Bo/Hope in the making. The writers need to close the door on this once/for all. Like I said in another post, they have been so bent on keeping Sami/EJ strapped to the hip that they've overloaded them with a slew of kids. It's just outrageous. I'm thankful that the powers are exploring Sami/Rafe and EJ/Nicole. Even though some would be loathe to admit it, these two pairings have solid fans in massive numbers. It's proof positive that the majority of viewers want something fresh, exciting, and different. Viewers have lots to learn about Rafe's past which will add more spice to the show. Watching EJ muddle through Nicole's deception will definitely provide must-see-television. I would rather watch these two storylines anyday instead of watching the forced pairing of EJ/Sami. It doesn't bother me in least that Sami/EJ have kids together. But, that doesn't mean that they have to have a romantic relationship by any means. It's done everyday. People share custody of kids and have meaningful relationships with other individuals. Higley/staff need to stick to their guns and keep moving these two people(EJ/Sami) in totally new directions.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i was one of the ones that suggested the adoption angle, so i can't really complain, but i know will is going to take issue with this. he has a conversation today with caroline wherein he states that sami is never around. of course he is going to call her to the carpet for adopting when she can't handle the brood she already has. we've all already seen her dump johnny and allie(johnny within minutes of their reunion) off on whoever when she had other matters to attend to, so i think it's safe to say that the problem isn't that ej and lucas aren't allowing her time with her kids, it's that she is too wrapped up in the grace secret to have much time for anything else. so while the adoption scheme seems reasonable on the surface for a soap, will, ej and lucas aren't going to see it that way at all.

as for ej and sami, i've always hated when the writers push couples on the audience. i hated it when they did it with lucas and sami back when ej rolled into town, and i hate it now that they are doing it with ej and sami. like someone said in another thread, it's like there's a gigantic neon sign over ej and sami that screams 'root for this couple.' nothing turns me off more in regards to a potential pairing than that. it's like ej has never really gotten a fair shot with another woman, and that irritates me. they did the same thing with shawn a few years back--he was never allowed happiness with anyone else because the writers or corday, whoever, were set on him and belle being meant to be even after they destroyed their relationship beyond repair.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 10:28 AM
The Mom in me just finds it hard to stomach watching Nicole with a baby she has stolen from it's mother.
The Mom in me will probably never forgive Sami for abandoning her child because she is more afraid of standing up for herself than holding her infant close.
No matter what, I would NEVER abandon my baby. And I would NEVER even speak of my baby being stillborn...even if it is a lie. The word should bring fear...especially to that breeding woman.

And the Mom in me will probably always sympathize with Nicole because she suffered through one of the worst situations a mom can go through...the death of a baby. So maybe that is a reason that I am not willing to throw Nicole under the bus so easily.

And luvn - I see a bit of forcing EJ and Sami to interact too, and thank goodness the little talk in the church was more of an interaction between two mature people wishing each other the best than a flirt session. Even seeing EJ joke around with Sami about Rafe was nice...at least that supposed jealous thing about Rafe is gone, and maybe he understands that being a cop, Rafe can handle dangerous situations with Johnny.
But yes, the neon "root for them" sign totally turns me off to a coupling, especially when they aren't working well in the first place. Shelle does come to mind, and it ruined my Phelle pairing! Must. Get. Over. That.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 05:11 PM
SocRMum1
The Mom in me just finds it hard to stomach watching Nicole with a baby she has stolen from it's mother.
The Mom in me will probably never forgive Sami for abandoning her child because she is more afraid of standing up for herself than holding her infant close.
No matter what, I would NEVER abandon my baby. And I would NEVER even speak of my baby being stillborn...even if it is a lie. The word should bring fear...especially to that breeding woman.

And the Mom in me will probably always sympathize with Nicole because she suffered through one of the worst situations a mom can go through...the death of a baby. So maybe that is a reason that I am not willing to throw Nicole under the bus so easily.

And luvn - I see a bit of forcing EJ and Sami to interact too, and thank goodness the little talk in the church was more of an interaction between two mature people wishing each other the best than a flirt session. Even seeing EJ joke around with Sami about Rafe was nice...at least that supposed jealous thing about Rafe is gone, and maybe he understands that being a cop, Rafe can handle dangerous situations with Johnny.
But yes, the neon "root for them" sign totally turns me off to a coupling, especially when they aren't working well in the first place. Shelle does come to mind, and it ruined my Phelle pairing! Must. Get. Over. That.
I guess I just don't see it as abandonment. She was in constant contact with the convent, went to see the baby - even was expressing and freezing mother's milk for her. That's hardly abandonment by any definition - and now it seems that she can't take it any more and is going to bring the baby home at the risk of exposure. That's a FAR cry from stealing someone else's child - particularly after having access to a beautiful, healthy child and promising that young mother the baby would be deeply loved and cared for. Millions of women suffer the tragedy of miscarrying babies, myself included, without turning around and lying about it then stealing a baby to pass off as their own. So I suppose the Mom in me sees both sides of that equation and it's not hard to see who to root for. There's just no comparison in my mind, and that of many others. But to each his own... :shrug:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh good grief! There wouldn't be a baby to steal if it weren't abandoned...no matter what she was doing with her mother's milk. :)
Don't buy it for a second at all. You couldn't pry my newborn from my hands! Sami really sucked in this situation, but however you (oh, and your many others, LOL!) want to see it to make your case is fine with me! Really.

And really, I wouldn't do half the shit that Nicole and Sami do, so I can't believe I even stooped so low to compare my mothering feelings to theirs.

The only thing I would actually admit to having in common with them is my similar desire to have sex with EJ! LOL! And in Nicole's case multiple times without regret!

Livie

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 05:54 PM
Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 05:11 PM
SocRMum1

I guess I just don't see it as abandonment. She was in constant contact with the convent, went to see the baby - even was expressing and freezing mother's milk for her. That's hardly abandonment by any definition - and now it seems that she can't take it any more and is going to bring the baby home at the risk of exposure. That's a FAR cry from stealing someone else's child - particularly after having access to a beautiful, healthy child and promising that young mother the baby would be deeply loved and cared for. Millions of women suffer the tragedy of miscarrying babies, myself included, without turning around and lying about it then stealing a baby to pass off as their own. So I suppose the Mom in me sees both sides of that equation and it's not hard to see who to root for. There's just no comparison in my mind, and that of many others. But to each his own... :shrug:

i throw nicole under the bus, then back up several times, then would call in a steam roller to maybe finish her off, however most children of satans spawn like her are harder than that to kill off.

she took mia's child, even was uncaring enough to not see that mia had medical care..just in case, and made off to the clinic where she took advantage of an opportunity to steal another womans baby.

that to me, makes her not fit to be a mother, and if anyone would say they would do the same thing in the same circumstance then i would doubt their right to motherhood either..a mother wants what is best for the baby at all times..that is what sami is doing.. and i will say if i had a hitman after me who had been hired by the man i am trying to protect from being able to lay any claim to my child, then i would do what Sami is doing..if that is what it took..can no one remember the stories in the bible of what mothers did to protect their children.

Moses mother put him in the Nile to save him. there are other stories too of mothers who have sacrifiiced a rather selfish need to not separate from a child to the more important role of preserving the childs life. It is a mothers inborn sense of preserving the life she has borne, and it goes beyond the selfish need of not wanting to lose the child as a possession.

to her, protecting the child is what she wants to do most of all..nicole wants to parade herself around as the best mother ever..i have seen those kind of women before, they are only using the baby for the reason of increasing their own self esteem..and it is an ugly thing to watch. just like pookie is no longer the favorite play toy, a child can end up being treated the same way.

as socr said, sami has done much to show how much she is caring about grace, expressing milk, calling to check on her, and now going to take her away from the convent even though rafe is trying to get her not to.

so forgive or don't forgive sami, the writing is on the wall for the character of nicole..start warming up the buses!

Edited by Livie, Mar 20 2009, 06:45 PM.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

^^ Wow, brilliant post laptop! Yes this is a soap so both of these characters are doing things no sane person would do, however, Sami is the character that is more firmly rooted in reality (how often do I get to say that?) and since she is the actual mother of the child of course the audience would feel more for her. Anyone who thinks Nicole isn't going to get what's coming to her is living in la la land. Basic rule of thumb, if a character is terrified of having their scheme found out it's probably a scheme of no redeemable value and quite likely harmful to boot. I'm a Sami fan, I can say these things lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply