Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami goes to get her baby; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:03 AM (5,368 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

laptop
Mar 20 2009, 06:22 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 05:54 PM
Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 05:11 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I guess I just don't see it as abandonment. She was in constant contact with the convent, went to see the baby - even was expressing and freezing mother's milk for her. That's hardly abandonment by any definition - and now it seems that she can't take it any more and is going to bring the baby home at the risk of exposure. That's a FAR cry from stealing someone else's child - particularly after having access to a beautiful, healthy child and promising that young mother the baby would be deeply loved and cared for. Millions of women suffer the tragedy of miscarrying babies, myself included, without turning around and lying about it then stealing a baby to pass off as their own. So I suppose the Mom in me sees both sides of that equation and it's not hard to see who to root for. There's just no comparison in my mind, and that of many others. But to each his own... :shrug:

i throw nicole under the bus, then back up several times, then would call in a steam roller to maybe finish her off, however most children of satans spawn like her are harder than that to kill off.

she took mia's child, even was uncaring enough to not see that mia had medical care..just in case, and made off to the clinic where she took advantage of an opportunity to steal another womans baby.

that to me, makes her not fit to be a mother, and if anyone would say they would do the same thing in the same circumstance then i would doubt their right to motherhood either..a mother wants what is best for the baby at all times..that is what sami is doing.. and i will say if i had a hitman after me who had been hired by the man i am trying to protect from being able to lay any claim to my child, then i would do what Sami is doing..if that is what it took..can no one remember the stories in the bible of what mothers did to protect their children.

Moses mother put him in the Nile to save him. there are other stories too of mothers who have sacrifiiced a rather selfish need to not separate from a child to the more important role of preserving the childs life. It is a mothers inborn sense of preserving the life she has borne, and it goes beyond the selfish need of not wanting to lose the child as a possession.

to her, protecting the child is what she wants to do most of all..nicole wants to parade herself around as the best mother ever..i have seen those kind of women before, they are only using the baby for the reason of increasing their own self esteem..and it is an ugly thing to watch. just like pookie is no longer the favorite play toy, a child can end up being treated the same way.

as socr said, sami has done much to show how much she is caring about grace, expressing milk, calling to check on her, and now going to take her away from the convent even though rafe is trying to get her not to.

so forgive or don't forgive sami, the writing is on the wall for the character of nicole..start warming up the buses!

This post is just too hilarious for words...but let me try..

First off, Nicole DID make sure that Dr. Baker visited Mia. As she was leaving the clinic w/EJ, she talked to the doc and told him to go and check up on her.

Moses??? REALLY?? GMAFB! So now you're defending Sami decision to ABANDON her baby to the story of Moses??? I don't think Sami was being persecuted for being Hebrew and/or her first SON killed for their religious beliefs??

As for the abandonment issue. It is abandonment in any city, state, country...plain and simple. You can also make the case that both Lucas and Sami abandoned Wiil...Will is not an emancipated minor, so by him living in Switzerland, they were abandoning him.

Look, I can sugarcoat all Nicole's lies too. But she is going down for them. While we have Octo-mom aka Sarlena being the martyr....sell that shit to someone else...I'm not buying it!
Liz

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I don't think that any of the parties involved should be eager to throw stones at Nicole. Sami has done just as many horrid things as Nicole which go all the way back to her arrival on the show. Poor EJ also has done his fair share of crude things as well. So, if anyone should be forgiving it should be these people My goodness Sami sold her own sister on the blackmarket so she could probably offer a few pointers and a little insight herself about the situation. So, let's take the halo off everyone's heads. If it were Jennifer Rose, I would probably be screaming. But, everyone is jaded in this case. As for Stefano/Tony, I'm surprised the holy water didn't go running. Stefano has done dreadful things past/present. Tony hasn't always been Mr. Nice Guy himself. I think that's why I still root for Nicole. She is in good company. EJ should be the first one to forgive Nicole. He had to overcome his own demons where he's concerned. Sami/Nicole are both lying. But, Sami's actions are being justified while Nicole is being sent through the wringer. I don't exactly see Sami busting any seams to tell EJ the truth. If she can trust him with Johnny, she sure can trust him with Grace. EJ would never let any harm come to his children. Yes, Nicole will get blasted for her deceptions and Sami should as well. Both of them are doing some serious fibbing right now. While I'm on the topic, how does Sami think EJ will feel when he finds out that Sami appointed Rafe as the godfather of the child without even consulting him? I don't think Sami's actions are going to be whitewashed either. If Nicole goes down so will Sami.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

AngelOB
Mar 20 2009, 07:35 PM
Anyone who thinks Nicole isn't going to get what's coming to her is living in la la land.
Why? Did EJ ever get what was coming to him? Here he still is after committing multiple crimes, free as a bird and a respected member of the bar.

As a Nicole fan, I do think she will obviously be found out, and she'll pay somehow. Maybe she'll get shot by someone and the Bradys will start inviting her to tea and she'll be insta-redeemed like EJ. Maybe there will be a more harsh comeuppance/destruction like you EJami fans want. I guess we'll all find out and some of us will be happy and some of us won't, like usual.
Edited by Paxton, Mar 20 2009, 08:13 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Mar 20 2009, 08:10 PM
My goodness Sami sold her own sister on the blackmarket so she could probably offer a few pointers and a little insight herself about the situation.
Oh, but Sami was just an impressionable little teenager when she did that, so we can't hold her accountable for that (or any of the other crimes she committed during that time). :eyeroll:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

Why? Did EJ ever get what was coming to him? Here he still is after committing multiple crimes, free as a bird and a respected member of the bar.
:cheer:
Thanks for this comment. When it's time to mention EJ's deeds, we're all supposed to go "Sh!" We mustn't talk about that. It's all in the past. That's what's so crazy. I'm a big Nicole fan and always have been. It's incredulous to me that some are screaming that Nicole is unworthy of having a child. Let me get this straight. Nicole can't have a child because "she's so bad". Yet, these same individuals are willing to pair Sami with the guy that didn't have consentual sex with her. Oops. Forgot we aren't supposed to mention that, right. That's what makes the argument so pointless. Anything is possible in soapland. Don't get me wrong, I love EJ. But, I'm not about to turn a blind eye to his misdeeds any more than I will Nicole. I wouldn't change EJ or Nicole. I would leave them just the way they are. That's what makes them such a fascinating duo. And the icing on the cake is the chemistry that these two share. As for the baby situation, if Sami can use the lame excuse of she's doing it because of Stefano, Nicole can go off the fact that she's depressed over losing her own child. So, if Sami can tout excuse after excuse, Nicole can as well. Rafe is the only character that makes me like Sami. I think that they could actually have an interesting relationsihip. In any other case, I find her absolutely annoying.

Livie

If the story line was continally showing Sami to be doing the same things she did as a teenager, I guess I could understand the comments. but the show changed direction with Sami about the same time that Will was took off in the 2006 stories, and anyone that brings the Belle kidnappeing should remember that she was doing it for the reason of protecting her father from finding out that Saint Marlena had made him a cuckold. But go ahead and have it your way, Sami should pay to her dying day for that..only Nicole should get away with attempted murder, extortion, aiding and abetting a kidnapping, mayhem on someones face, and now child stealing. Your opinion, not mine.

I am dealing with the here and now which is how a soap has to be viewed since if we could never accept changes in an actor or actress we would all still have to despise Julie, the closest character to Sami on the shows history. As I have said before, as a Sami fan I have never wanted her to get away with her schemes..but most of her schemes involved scheming against someone who had something to hide that was bad enough they were not wanting to be found out..her sainted mother included. She took advantage of them for her own purpostes.

What we have now is a Nicole who callously took advantage of a young confused teenager, then could not even have the integrity to do what she told the young mother she would do.

And for the person who said I compared Sami to Moses mother, sometimes I know comprehension can get fuzzy on the board..I was comparing what many mothers through history have done to protect a child. I was responding to a poster who said no matter what she would never be separated from her child..ok..so if the choice is the child dies or is taken anyway, would being separated be the worst thing that could happen. I hope my meaning is more clear now.

And this is more or less a debate thread now that is commenting on Sami vs Nicole fitness as a mother. The questions are rhetorical, not meant as personal stabs. I got reported for posting that taking this stuff as a way of enjoying the show as insulting someone because I said getting upset only enhances the wrinkles. Since the person who reported me has never been seen by me, I have no idea if he or she has wrinkles or not. It was again, a rhetorical statement.
Edited by Livie, Mar 20 2009, 08:53 PM.

daisy132

EJ and Sami have been the rooting couple since EJ was brought on Days. Everyone is entitled to like who they wish, of course.

This storyline is about a Dimera and a Brady coming together. Rafe and Nicole are, well, fillers.

I cannot understand how people can root for Ejole at all. Nicole is despicable. And they shar NO CHEMISTRY. I for one cannot wait for it to end. It's like watching an old couple in their 80s that lost all sizzle and are cohabiting together.

Rafe and Sami are just a novelty that captured some, but I think it has more to do with Galen coming on the show than anything else. And, I really believe that his skeletons in the closet are about to come out - and it won't be pretty. I really thing (at least really hope) that they are giving Galen a role different than that of Luis. I feel like I'm watching Luis all over again, just with a different name.

Sami needs to be with her family. That's where it's going. Her family is with EJ Dimera and their children - all three of them. She can only run from it for so long....

Mason
Member Avatar

daisy132
Mar 20 2009, 08:49 PM
I cannot understand how people can root for Ejole at all. Nicole is despicable.
And E.J. and Sami aren't? Face it, not one of the three characters in this triangle is a saint. They've ALL done terrible, loathsome things. No one of them is better than the other.
Edited by Mason, Mar 20 2009, 09:07 PM.

Manda1

daisy132
Mar 20 2009, 08:49 PM
EJ and Sami have been the rooting couple since EJ was brought on Days. Everyone is entitled to like who they wish, of course.

This storyline is about a Dimera and a Brady coming together. Rafe and Nicole are, well, fillers.

I cannot understand how people can root for Ejole at all. Nicole is despicable. And they shar NO CHEMISTRY. I for one cannot wait for it to end. It's like watching an old couple in their 80s that lost all sizzle and are cohabiting together.

Rafe and Sami are just a novelty that captured some, but I think it has more to do with Galen coming on the show than anything else. And, I really believe that his skeletons in the closet are about to come out - and it won't be pretty. I really thing (at least really hope) that they are giving Galen a role different than that of Luis. I feel like I'm watching Luis all over again, just with a different name.

Sami needs to be with her family. That's where it's going. Her family is with EJ Dimera and their children - all three of them. She can only run from it for so long....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think so.....Sami and EJ Dimera as family - listen to what comes out of Sami's mouth almost every eppy. Will they be living at the Dimera mansion with her Father-in Law who hires assassins for her if she gets on his bad side or sees something she shouldn't have? :drunk:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

This storyline is about a Dimera and a Brady coming together. Rafe and Nicole are, well, fillers

And why is that so important? It's not. I could care less if a Brady is with a Dimera. Why are Ejami rootable? Surely not because some Ejami supporters have deemed it so. I've been watching soaps for two decades now, and I pretty much decide whose "rootable". Writers or other fans have never determined a couple's likability or rootability. As for Rafe/Nicole being fillers, that's just another Ejami supporter analysis. Contrary to what some believe, all DAYS fans aren't glued to their sets :cheer: waiting for EJ/Sami to be together. I root for EJ/Nicole because I like them pure/simple. As for chemistry, EJ/Nicole are overloaded with it. Why wouldn't Rafe/Sami be rootable? Maybe people actually like them. That shouldn't be a stretch of the imagination. Sorry, but not all of us are enamored of the couple of doom known as Ejami. :lol:

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Paxton
Mar 20 2009, 08:12 PM
AngelOB
Mar 20 2009, 07:35 PM
Anyone who thinks Nicole isn't going to get what's coming to her is living in la la land.

As a Nicole fan, I do think she will obviously be found out, and she'll pay somehow. Maybe she'll get shot by someone and the Bradys will start inviting her to tea and she'll be insta-redeemed like EJ. Maybe there will be a more harsh comeuppance/destruction like you EJami fans want. I guess we'll all find out and some of us will be happy and some of us won't, like usual.
I think EJ's paralysis was meant to be his punishment for all the crimes he committed mainly because it wouldn't have been feasible to have his character languishing offscreen for months on end in jail at that time due to the storyline. He wasn't punished in a legal sense but he was still punished for it in a roundabout way. We all know Nicole is going to get punished for what she's done. As long as she comes to realize what she did was pretty damn horrible and it all comes out then I will be happy because I know once EJ knows it's all over and he and Sami will find their way back to each other. It's the waiting for the other shoe to drop that's killing me, Nicole being punished is secondary to me in comparison to EJ's reaction to what Nicole has done.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 06:19 PM
Oh good grief! There wouldn't be a baby to steal if it weren't abandoned...no matter what she was doing with her mother's milk. :)
Don't buy it for a second at all. You couldn't pry my newborn from my hands! Sami really sucked in this situation, but however you (oh, and your many others, LOL!) want to see it to make your case is fine with me! Really.

Okaaaay. The Days of Our Lives that I watch clearly showed that Nicole stalked Sami and then inserted herself in the treatment room where the Dr was trying to save the baby's life immediately after Sami gave birth - and was hysterical about her baby's status. As the Dr is treating the newborn Nicole walks right in and preceeds to talk him in to letting her switch the babies so she can have Sami's...as Sami is in the next room pleading to see her baby and find out how she is. Is that the part where you thought she abandoned the baby? Because she didn't hop off the delivery table and storm in to find out what was going on?

I find it interesting that Nicole's supportors waffle between the argument that Sami was intending to abandon her daughter - but when confronted with how callously Nicole treated Mia's baby they claim we should all see that as a sign that Nicole 'trusted' Sami to be a good mother to the baby. :huh: Seriously...which is it? So am I understanding correctly that Nicole thought Sami would abandon the EJamlet - but not Mia's baby, whom she had no idea was not hers? Again - okaaaaay. :unsure:

As far as the awful things all of these characters have done in the past - you'll get no argument from me. But this thread is discussing the current storyline - which is that Nicole has stolen Sami's baby to pass off as her and EJ's and is lying to everyone about it and desperately trying to keep the truth from coming out. Like it or not she IS the villain in this piece. I think she will pay for her crimes to some degree - but like everyone else - not enough to satisfy the most pissed off of fans. Most of us who loathe what she has done here would like to see her go to jail at the very least - but I don't think that will happen. So the likely 'payment' for Nicole in this will be losing what it is she's been fighting for - the wealth and status she would have secured by being EJ's wife and mother to his child. I've never said Nicole does not deserve to be a mother - but I don't think I'm alone in saying that NOBODY deserves to be a mother to a child they have stolen from another family.

As far as chemistry goes - it's completely subjective. I see none between EJ and Nicole. The only time I ever have was way back when when they got drunk together and Sami went to collect EJ. But it was momentary - and I think the result of two actors doing a nice job with the material they were given. EJami's chemistry is off the charts in my opinion but that's not true for everyone. That's fine. So as fans we all have the right to let TPTB know who and what we like and how we hope the story will turn out. EJami fans have been doing just that for going on three years and will continue to do so. We've certainly weathered worse storms than this one - at least here our couple is being written as the rooting couple. They've both been victimized by Nicole. She has not been a victim in this story to either one of them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2009, 11:06 PM
Alligato
Mar 20 2009, 06:19 PM
Oh good grief! There wouldn't be a baby to steal if it weren't abandoned...no matter what she was doing with her mother's milk. :)
Don't buy it for a second at all. You couldn't pry my newborn from my hands! Sami really sucked in this situation, but however you (oh, and your many others, LOL!) want to see it to make your case is fine with me! Really.

Okaaaay. The Days of Our Lives that I watch clearly showed that Nicole stalked Sami and then inserted herself in the treatment room where the Dr was trying to save the baby's life immediately after Sami gave birth - and was hysterical about her baby's status. As the Dr is treating the newborn Nicole walks right in and preceeds to talk him in to letting her switch the babies so she can have Sami's...as Sami is in the next room pleading to see her baby and find out how she is. Is that the part where you thought she abandoned the baby? Because she didn't hop off the delivery table and storm in to find out what was going on?

I find it interesting that Nicole's supportors waffle between the argument that Sami was intending to abandon her daughter - but when confronted with how callously Nicole treated Mia's baby they claim we should all see that as a sign that Nicole 'trusted' Sami to be a good mother to the baby. :huh: Seriously...which is it? So am I understanding correctly that Nicole thought Sami would abandon the EJamlet - but not Mia's baby, whom she had no idea was not hers? Again - okaaaaay. :unsure:

As far as the awful things all of these characters have done in the past - you'll get no argument from me. But this thread is discussing the current storyline - which is that Nicole has stolen Sami's baby to pass off as her and EJ's and is lying to everyone about it and desperately trying to keep the truth from coming out. Like it or not she IS the villain in this piece. I think she will pay for her crimes to some degree - but like everyone else - not enough to satisfy the most pissed off of fans. Most of us who loathe what she has done here would like to see her go to jail at the very least - but I don't think that will happen. So the likely 'payment' for Nicole in this will be losing what it is she's been fighting for - the wealth and status she would have secured by being EJ's wife and mother to his child. I've never said Nicole does not deserve to be a mother - but I don't think I'm alone in saying that NOBODY deserves to be a mother to a child they have stolen from another family.

As far as chemistry goes - it's completely subjective. I see none between EJ and Nicole. The only time I ever have was way back when when they got drunk together and Sami went to collect EJ. But it was momentary - and I think the result of two actors doing a nice job with the material they were given. EJami's chemistry is off the charts in my opinion but that's not true for .everyone. That's fine. So as fans we all have the right to let TPTB know who and what we like and how we hope the story will turn out. EJami fans have been doing just that for going on three years and will continue to do so. We've certainly weathered worse storms than this one - at least here our couple is being written as the rooting couple. They've both been victimized by Nicole. She has not been a victim in this story to either one of them.

But she was a victim.. she lost a child and was emotionally unstable.
And your right, chemistry is subjective, and usually its subject to which fanbase one belongs to

Nicole was keeping an eye on Sami, worrying about what she might do to ruin her happiness with EJ, but the Idea to switch babies only happened at the last minute when in her mind fate delivered EJ's child on the same day as Mia's, in a desperate attempt to give EJ a baby that was his own flesh and blood.
She had no way of knowing in advance that Sami would deliver the same day as Mia, and she fully intended to keep Mia's baby at first.

Also there are 2 villians here.. I agree that Nicole actions are criminal and cruel.
But Sami's actions are also wrong and cruel, and it will likely cost her custody of her baby once EJ finds out. I dont see him getting past what she did.. She intended to deny him his child.. forever..
He missed the birth, and will claim she put the baby in harms way before and after birth. Including leaving her in a convent and rely on others to care for her (even if it was infact unkown to her to be mia's child)
I believe this will be the catalyst that causes him to hate her and seek to hurt her.

Her actions are no better then Nicoles.
Nicole stole Sami's baby from her. And she is decievng EJ
And Sami stole EJ's baby from him. And she s decieving EJ

They are both in for a world of hurt when EJ and Stephano find out.
Nicoles only lifeline will be that she managed to give EJ the child Sami tried to hide.
And Sami's only excuse will be she was trying to protect her child(From its Dimera criminal family).

I dont think Nicole will be prosecuted, she can always claim she was not aware of the mix up in babies.
She can be held accountable for lying, but she can get around the switch.. Dr Baker wont admit it was deliberate..so it wil be deemed an accident by the law.
Mia gave Nicole her baby willingly, so even there she didnt steal the child.

I believe she will not be charged with any crime.
She may lose as you said the prestige of being EJ's wife and the Dimera name and wealth. And the priviledge of raising Sydney and or Grace.
But I believe Sami will also lose her children (Gianni/Sydney), and maybe even Ali(To Lucas), her actions were deliberate, and she cant claim anything else.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Nicole may be the villain here, but that doesn't make Sami the heroine. Not by a LONG shot.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

SocRMum1

it's not the supporters, it's the writing. i'm sure you remember that the day nicole stole sami's baby she said that she didn't want to leave a kid with sami because was so awful for not wanting her own, and then half an hour later, that she could leave mia's baby with sami because she was a good mother. since then, nicole herself has said pretty much both of those lines again at some point since the kidnapping.

obviously the writers have no clue how nicole feels about sami having mia's baby, so why should any of the rest of us?

Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 21 2009, 06:48 AM.

coffeelover

Mason
Mar 21 2009, 12:08 AM
Nicole may be the villain here, but that doesn't make Sami the heroine. Not by a LONG shot.
So true!

ges
Member Avatar

Just because Nicole's plan to steal Sammi's baby was not premeditated, does not make it less of a crime. Carjackers don't have a dateminder in their pockets. This being a Catholic show, leaving your baby with a nun might be considered appropriate. I don't know. I sure wouldn't leave my baby with a Rabbi, but what do I know.

It will come out that Stephano had the Mayor killed so that he could help Lexie (in his warped mind)
Then ordered that any witnesses to the crime be killed. He knows Sammi was a witness. So therefore, E.J. will learn that his father was trying to have the mother of his child, whom he is clearly very fond of, killed. I think E.J. is going to feel betrayed by everyone. The writing so bad, though. Sammi standing next to Stephano at Sydney's christening. Hello! Let's at least try to write material that coincides with the convoluted storyline that you are putting forth. I think before this endless story is over, Mia will become babysitter/nanny to one of the babies. Dr. Baker knows the whole truth. E.J. will get it out of him if the show isn't cancelled first. :D Brady is the only character that makes no sense. Old Brady would have never helped Nicole in an illegal adoption and the deception of E.J. Just would not have. And when Philip laments that his father was never proud of him and always put him down, that's not true. He was very proud of his two tours of duty. I wish this bitch would watch some older footage of this show. I guess that is too much to ask since she doesn't even watch her new footage.
Edited by ges, Mar 21 2009, 08:24 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Mar 21 2009, 06:37 AM
SocRMum1

it's not the supporters, it's the writing. i'm sure you remember that the day nicole stole sami's baby she said that she didn't want to leave a kid with sami because was so awful for not wanting her own, and then half an hour later, that she could leave mia's baby with sami because she was a good mother. since then, nicole herself has said pretty much both of those lines again at some point since the kidnapping.

obviously the writers have no clue how nicole feels about sami having mia's baby, so why should any of the rest of us?

I'll give you that - you are absolutely right that they've flipped Nicole's motivations - and in your example, in the same episode! - so it is hard to keep track of where she's coming from.

But Nicole being a victim because she miscarried? That is a tragic event - but she's not a victim. It was just that - a tragedy. The same type of tragedy that millions of women have suffered before her - but that certainly doesn't make it okay to do what she did after the fact.

And as for whether or not Nicole's plan to steal Sami's baby was premeditated - I have to disagree. Remember the scene after Nicole fantasized about murdering a very pregnant Sami in the sanctuary of the convent and then went to see Sr Teresa to set up the whole ploy to make sure that Dr. Baker delivered Sami's baby? Telling her she was trying to help other young mothers 'in her predicament' and gave her the card to the clinic? Clearly Nicole was manipulating the situation. I agree that it would seem unlikely she could have predicted they would deliver on the same day...but then again, these writers don't seem to put much stock in believability. There was a reason for Nicole to be involved in where Sami's baby would be delivered and by whom and it seems to me the only reason would be to make sure that Sami didn't end up with it.

And again, Sami's lie in no way measures up to what Nicole has done. It just doesn't. Their motives are completely different and Sami has a right to her own baby - Nicole has no right to anyone's. Is Sami wrong to keep the truth from EJ? Absolutely - she is. But this nonsense that Nicole has given EJ the 'gift' of having access to his own daughter is complete hog wash - I don't buy for one minute that was her primary motive. If so - why didn't she simply tell EJ that Sami was pregnant and hiding that fact when she found out? Nicole wants Sami's baby because she can't stand the idea of Sami sharing another child with EJ - and she also knows that if push ever comes to shove and a paternity test is demanded (by Mia coming back to claim her child) it will prove the baby belongs to EJ. It's just more leverage to keep her lies hidden.

Now I will be pleasantly stunned if in the end they actually have Nicole come out and admit the truth - that she has known all along that the baby she claims is hers is actually Sami and EJ's daughter. It would be a way to try to redeem Nicole somewhat in the eyes of the audience - and I'm sure they will want to redeem her eventually. Only time will tell, I suppose.

ges
Member Avatar

I gotta agree with Soccer Mom on that one. I had forgotten about Nicole's interactions at the convent. As to Nicole admitting to everything, are there enough hours in the day for each and every lie she has told E.J. ? She opens her mouth and it is a lie. Everytime she goes out she tells a lie about where she is going. She lies so much that I think she believes her own bullshit. Perhaps she believes that baby-switching is not a terrible crime. It is a horrible crime, and an awful thing to do to a child to boot. I hope she gets life in prison. She likes to justify everything she does. But she is beyond pathetic. The sad thing is that if she had been honest with E.J. and told him she miscarried, he probably would have loved her all the more. Now, she has lost him forever. And he sure as hell doesn't look at Nicole the way he looks at Sammi. I think Sammi should have told E.J. about the pregnancy. My excuse would have been, "I was on my way to tell you when I was shot at and witnessed a murder. I went directly into the witness protection program. I assumed you were out looking for the killer so that I could come home. Instead, I receive a phone call where you tell me that you are moving on with Nicole and you are a family now. I was very hurt, and couldn't imagine telling you about my pregnancy...so that you might be with me because you feel sorry for me. I want it all to come out. Just like it did with Stan. Sammi was persona non-grata for about a week if I recall.
Edited by ges, Mar 21 2009, 02:56 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I honestly think that in the end EJ will forgive Sami, and they will end up back together. I remember reading something abut Dena Hackley saying EJami was the endgame. If she's still writing I expect EJ to be mad at Sami for three episodes, and then come to her and say they should raise their children together.

As for Nicole, the worst that will happen to her is EJ/Stefano angry at her. She won't go to prison, at the very least a way out would be that she had temporary insanity after the tragedy of losing the real EJole baby, and she will get off free. Then she and Brady will probably end up a couple, since Brady says that he's in love with her.

BTW, I'm still wondering how Brady fell in love with Nicole, because I remember before KL left as Brady, he called Nicole a manipulative and conniving bitch, and told her to move the hell out of the Kiriakis Mansion. If that's love I hope I never find "the one".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply