Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Chloe feels sick; March 31st issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:09 AM (3,322 Views)
Mason

What a coincidence. Chloe's not the only one feeling sick.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

That, too, Ellie!! LOL

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 04:00 PM
Keith
Mar 18 2009, 03:52 PM
Just once, I'd like to see a woman sleep around and have something besides a pregnancy scare.
Just once, I'd like to see a woman not sleep around.

Well, where's the story in that? [/Dena]

chante

i wanted to say thank you for the information :smile:

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

I think it would've worked so much better had they gone the route of a triangle developing between Lucas, Chloe and Philip.

A-freaking-men. THAT'S where the story should have been. Philip and Chloe trying to deny their attraction and past feelings because of Lucas - I think it would have been emotional and intense and would have actually, you know, made sense. That's one of the big problems with DH - she misses the emotional connections between the characters that give storylines the most meaning.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I like Chloe, but I don't want her--or anyone--in a WTD regardless of who the possible daddies are. And I would have hated Philip/Chloe/Lucas triangle for the same reason I hate the Danloe/Lucloe triangle--Chloe picking Lucas would never be believable so it would be the same crap of manufactured obstacle after manufactured obstacle. I have never believed for a moment she is physically or emotionally attracted to Lucas and every second of them being together has been marked by a "WTF?" reaction from me. As far as I'm concerned, the Phloe ship has sailed for good; I happen to think it was a wasted opportunity, but at this point they're dead to me, and not just Salem dead either. Chloe being single for a while would probably be the best option so people can stop calling her a slut, but I doubt that will happen.

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

GAH!!!!

Please let it be Daniel's. I don't want to see Lucas linked to Chloe forever. :puke:

Instead of another frigging WTD, why not give Chloe an STD instead? That would be a helluva lot more interesting.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Props to Bjorlin for the "cause we need another baby" comment. First time I've ever not hated her, because I truly do not understand why they're so compelled to have these people keep breeding. Do they think it makes it a family-oriented show if everyone becomes a parent?

Chloe needs to have a baby so that someone can steal it. That way, Nicole, Mia and Sami all get to raise a child.

I just hope this baby gets born. Y'know, off-screen when she's written out. The alternative is trying to see Bjorlin emote and that's not even slightly amusing anymore.

Ellie

px780
Mar 18 2009, 06:47 PM
I just hope this baby gets born. Y'know, off-screen when she's written out. The alternative is trying to see Bjorlin emote and that's not even slightly amusing anymore.
ROFL can you even imagine her in a birth scene? Maybe they'd make Chloe have a c-section to spare us all. Or, maybe they wouldn't.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 06:49 PM
px780
ROFL can you even imagine her in a birth scene? Maybe they'd make Chloe have a c-section to spare us all. Or, maybe they wouldn't.
I think the birth scene would be hilarious, 'cause she'd be all decked out in tons of makeup.

I'm more concerned about months of melodramatic health issues and Dr. Dan taking care of her with Kate fuming in a corner and Lucas oblivious to it all. And St. Chloe would end up holding on "for my baby" all righteous and crap, all the while carrying 10 pounds of hair and staring vacantly at those around her. Torture...

Mason

px780
Props to Bjorlin for the "cause we need another baby" comment. First time I've ever not hated her, because I truly do not understand why they're so compelled to have these people keep breeding. Do they think it makes it a family-oriented show if everyone becomes a parent?
Maybe Corday is hoping he can make extra cash on the side by opening up a daycare at DAYS. God knows there are enough babies and kids to do it.
Edited by Mason, Mar 18 2009, 07:12 PM.

Ellie

px780
Mar 18 2009, 07:04 PM
I think the birth scene would be hilarious, 'cause she'd be all decked out in tons of makeup.
LOL of course. I'm sure she wouldn't give birth in the hospital (who on Days does, anyway?) so that she wouldn't have to wear a hospital gown. I'm actually shocked they'd consider making her pregnant... at some point, I think she'd have to wear maternity clothes.

Quote:

I'm more concerned about months of melodramatic health issues and Dr. Dan taking care of her with Kate fuming in a corner and Lucas oblivious to it all. And St. Chloe would end up holding on "for my baby" all righteous and crap, all the while carrying 10 pounds of hair and staring vacantly at those around her. Torture...
ROFL about the hair... but yeah, sounds like if she is pregnant, you've accurately summed up the next few months.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 04:00 PM
Keith
Mar 18 2009, 03:52 PM
Just once, I'd like to see a woman sleep around and have something besides a pregnancy scare.
Just once, I'd like to see a woman not sleep around.

Other then Chloe, who is sleeping around?

There hasn't been any of that since they finally pushed Scott out and settled all the backstage drama. Higley wasn't the blame for all that. Not saying I like her but she had settled on one vision and what pairs she wanted until Mr. Scott jumped in and started fucking with everything. Notice how once he left, the stories all settled in and there was no more forced pairings and characters bouncing all over the place. I don't mind Higley being blamed for things but lay the blame where it belongs. The fact is all the chemistry testing and forced pairings would not have happened if not for two people clashing behind the scenes.

What is remarkable is how the show took the forced Lucas/Chloe pairing and made a long-term story out of by adding Daniel to the mix. Yes, WTD stories have been done to death. Yes, it's another baby story but soaps are going to reuse stores. These are classic soap staples. It's going to happen and while variety is needed, you can't just disrupt the natural flow of things as a writer because you just did this last year or whatever. Otherwise, you end up with a creative mess. If you believe in a story, you tell it and hope the audience goes along with it. That is what the show has been doing since Tomlin and Whitesell came in and it works. Why? Because the writers believe in it and when you believe in something and invest in it, the story isn't half-assed and people will invest because of it. Maybe not some people in this thread but it will happen. That is what happened under JER and Hogan's regime. Their visions and plans were disrupted and their heart wasn't in it so everything came off in a underwhelming way. The audience can't invest in something the show itself isn't invested in.

I don't see why you can't do a WTD story along with a baby switch. They are different stories. Not saying I wanted this but at least it adds long reaching consequences to the story and makes the payoff even more worth it. Add to it the fact that I can buy Chloe/Daniel now and it works for me. I'm used to being in the minority though so nothing new LOL. I just hope they add their own little spins to it as we go along.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 18 2009, 07:37 PM.

Dallas812

I hope if she is pregnant that Daniel is the father. Thanks for the info.

misch
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 18 2009, 11:29 AM
esp13
Mar 18 2009, 10:45 AM
Here's my early prediction -- the baby is Daniel's, and Daniel delivers said baby in a cabin in the woods somewhere between 5 and 12 months from now. :)
Five months from now? That can't be, that might almost approximate a normal gestation period. But you're probably right, either a cabin or a cave will be the birthplace, and undoubtedly Dr. Dan will use all his marvelous doctoring skills and it will be so magical and original.
I saw this done in 1993 and it was wonderful when john delivered belle. now, it's just a bad rerun with dr. dan and "i don't know which man in salem i love" chloe. :drunk:

leah09
Member Avatar

If you've read some of the upcoming spoilers, Chloe doesn't feel well and is afraid she is pregnant and then takes a home pregnancy test days later. Like that "result" would be accurate??

Also, Chloe gets a job :cheer: / Daniel apologizes to Chloe :wub: /Kate learns how to forge Daniel's signature :omg: . Don't know where this is all headed but I love it. Not crazy about a WTD SL (is anyone?) especially with Lucas in the mix. I would have preferred Daniel/Chloe/Philip but I agree with one poster that Phloe is dead for good. I also love that Daniel was brought into the mix of this hideous Lulue SL. SC gets better and better..glad he's starting to shine. He's got the acting skills to bring this home.

Kate, Kate, Kate - what is she up to with this forgery? I fear that Chloe will be pregnant and Kate will cause her to lose Daniel's baby with the 'prescription' ..this is going to be a SL filled with Chloe's sorrow and Daniel's redemption. I guess we are half-way there already.

Kenny
Member Avatar

How ironic.

Chloe makes me feel sick.

lene
Member Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

phicklover

why would anyone want a triangle that had lucas in the mix..chloe and lucas is the most forced pairing i have ever seen. we need to end this nightmare..i cannot believe that its still going on. Daniel better be the father so we can finally have a daniel and chloe pairing and lucas can go back to sammi. if they cant find anything to do with him, then let him be alone...but we want hotness on soaps and thats Danloe!!!

Please reunite Daniel and Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassie1013

Someone mentioned birth control pills? Shocker!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply