Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Bo/Hope/Roman; March 31st issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:20 AM (2,669 Views)
e83talus
Member Avatar

This is really awful. Sorry bope fans.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KathyRon

Angie79
Mar 18 2009, 01:31 PM
I see this storyline isn't going to get any better. It just keeps getting worse!
It ends during sweeps! Thank goodness! If we can make it til then! :drunk:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

KathyRon
Mar 18 2009, 04:54 PM
Angie79
Mar 18 2009, 01:31 PM
I see this storyline isn't going to get any better. It just keeps getting worse!
It ends during sweeps! Thank goodness! If we can make it til then! :drunk:
can we hurry up and get to May already... lets just skip over April entirely... This "vision" just keeps getting more ridiculous and insane!!
... how does what Hope said in the latest vision we saw have anything to do with Roman being in bed with her??? it makes no sense to me... It's almost like the writers were given a creative writing assignment and didn't have time to read over the entire story to see if it was coherent or made any sense!!

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

What a total crapfest. GMAFB. *rollzeyez*

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If Bo doesn't tell Hope about his vision then she'll get all pissy about trust again and move out for a hour.

Y'know what though...I think that this is intentionally shitty so that Bo/Hope fans will embrace their departure and non-fans will be all "get this crap off my screen." Because comparatively speaking all the other stuff is realistic and well-done. And I hate feeling manipulated so:

I love this storyline!!!11! Homan (RoHo?- I don't know how these names work) is so hot. Psychic Bo is hella cool. I can't wait to see what happenzz!!!1 You guyz are just haterz lol.

Ellie

px780
Mar 18 2009, 06:58 PM
I love this storyline!!!11! Homan (RoHo?- I don't know how these names work) is so hot. Psychic Bo is hella cool. I can't wait to see what happenzz!!!1 You guyz are just haterz lol.
I saw someone suggest "Rope", but I think "RoHo" might be just a little bit better. Or we could do "Rope" banners... like a strand of rope shaped in a heart with their pictures on it. The possibilities are endless.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 07:05 PM
px780
I saw someone suggest "Rope", but I think "RoHo" might be just a little bit better. Or we could do "Rope" banners... like a strand of rope shaped in a heart with their pictures on it. The possibilities are endless.
I really wanted to keep that Ho in there, but like Rope. Let's get together, buy rope, and tie up the writers until they give us what we want to see. And that's some hot sweaty love between an octogenarian and his long-time sister-in-law. Even if it is just a ruse right now...

ROPE 4-EVA!!!11!

Ellie

px780
Mar 18 2009, 07:18 PM
I really wanted to keep that Ho in there, but like Rope. Let's get together, buy rope, and tie up the writers until they give us what we want to see. And that's some hot sweaty love between an octogenarian and his long-time sister-in-law. Even if it is just a ruse right now...

ROPE 4-EVA!!!11!
LOL!! Works for me! "Rope fans, sign in!"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I pray this all has purpose but I have my doubts. Boy, do I. I mean, why keep doing this? There has to be a reason behind all this. All the other stories have a long-term plan behind them. You can see that but this? I have no idea and that is what I'm struggling with.

When the visions started, I liked it. I like how they focused on Bo's conflict and how he dealt with the visions. The talks between Bo and Hope over it were great. It all fell apart after Kayla got shot because then we got that lame month long split up of Bo and Hope that served no purpose. What was the reasoning behind that? I don't mind doing it if there is a reason. Then they just get back together suddenly and it all felt like a waste of time.

Now, this whole Roman thing...why? I get the fact that they liked the idea of teasing which guy it would be as some kind of suspense builder for sweeps but, beyond that...why? To give Josh Taylor a story? I mean, their is some history there but where are we going with this? If I don't get an answer or if there is not some plan at work here, this story will go down as being worse then Garden of Eden because I think they expected us to accept that as nonsense. This I don't think they expect that.

I get the sense Peter liked the story at the start but, like me, felt it lost it's way. The only way it's saved for me is if Hope and Roman aren't really Hope and Roman. At least then it sort of wipes the past few months of all this away and it adds some interest factor. Plus, seeing Kristian play bad again would be fun.

The only other thing I will say is this is so not a Higley story. No way. This is Tomlin and Whitesell camp, folks. I don't feel Higley's impact on the show much, if at all, anyway at this point. If there isn't some bigger plan at work here, then I will start hoping that Tomlin and Whitesell stop writing for Bo and Hope and just hand them over to Higley. Let Higley write them and Tomlin and Whitesell handle the rest. I know Higley wrote the goop and bounty hunter stuff but at least there was a point behind it. She had the right idea sending Bo and Hope off on adventures and having them work together, even if the execution sucked. I would rather see that then this at this point, if nothing changes soon. Higley likes Bo and Hope. She stated that in her 2003 interview and she always seems to like writing for them. I don't think she would ever hand this story to them, at least not in the way it's been done.

The sad part is why bother? There is more things to do with Bo and Hope. Just use them as police officers or have them investigate like in the Fall. Have them play supporting roles in the Kiriakis/Dimera stuff. Bo worked in that story this week. Go with that.

I think they want to keep them around but they don't know how to do it so they tried something new. Unless something changes, it failed. If this Roman thing leads to nothing surprising, I say figure out a way to end the story and start something better through ending it 9I hate when soaps just drop things) or just drop it and suck it up.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Mar 18 2009, 07:50 PM
The only other thing I will say is this is so not a Higley story. No way. This is Tomlin and Whitesell camp, folks. I don't feel Higley's impact on the show much, if at all, anyway at this point.
She's the head writer! I'm not sure how you can say she's not having an impact on the show.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
I know Higley wrote the goop and bounty hunter stuff but at least there was a point behind it.
There was? LoL. It seemed like pointless drivel to me, just like this psychic vision nonsense does.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Mar 18 2009, 07:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
The only other thing I will say is this is so not a Higley story. No way. This is Tomlin and Whitesell camp, folks. I don't feel Higley's impact on the show much, if at all, anyway at this point.
She's the head writer! I'm not sure how you can say she's not having an impact on the show.
Doesn't make a difference. It's a title. Being the HW and actually acting as one (or being allowed to) are two different things.

Tomlin and Whitesell love working together. Higley's key supporter was Corday. It was said that Corday is letting Tomlin handle the show right now. Add to that the fact that the show no longer has a Higley feel and by that I mean the show is being written with a JER like style and feel, the like's of which Higley has proven she is not capable of. The show is more campy and more electric. Every writer has a feel. This is not a show with a Higley feel

My view is that Tomlin and Whitesell are controlling the stories and execution and Higley is handling the rest. She is just there to appease Corday. I think that is why Tomlin hasn't replaced her yet with Whitesell. He figures this keeps Corday off his back. Higley stays because no one else would dare hire her after last years debacle.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Mar 18 2009, 08:27 PM
PhoenixRising05
I know Higley wrote the goop and bounty hunter stuff but at least there was a point behind it.
There was? LoL. It seemed like pointless drivel to me, just like this psychic vision nonsense does.
Well, let me clarify.

I understand what she was trying to do. Yes, they sucked but the idea of Bo and Hope working together on adventures was a good one. The way she did it sucked but I will say I think Corday played a role there. He did that with alot of writers. He shoved the "alien" crap on B&C in 2002 because he wanted the show to still have the "out there" reputation that he felt went over with many people. I think that happened with Higley but I won't absolve Higley of all of it because I feel her and Corday get along because they have similar mindsets, concepts, and ideas.

Kailyn

well Kristian's contract is up in June and Peter's is up in August so this might just be the end of it all anway. if these actors were smart they would move on to something more intelligent. after all Kristian is a jewlery and clothing designer so maybe she will just concentrate on that.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

px780
Ellie
px780

ROPE 4-EVA!!!11!

Gee, how nice. :hmmph:
Edited by KristianFanForever, Mar 18 2009, 10:56 PM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Kailyn
Mar 18 2009, 02:18 PM
Bo really is getting what he dished out for all those Billie years.
I agree!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Poor Bo, at least when Celeste had visions they weren't Posted Image

Jiggs
Member Avatar

LOL!!! Better Hope than Marlena! Someone's gotta have JT in their storyline I guess. Thank heavens my couple is gone from this crapfest. :thankyou:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

px780
Ellie
px780

ROPE 4-EVA!!!11!

Rope has to be the best couple nickname EVA! :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply