Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip and Tony; March 31st issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:47 AM (2,075 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Jay Kenneth Johnson is interviewed by SOD and SOW this week.

Philip tries to reclaim the fuels project from Tony so that he can regain favor with Victor. He meets with Tony and tries to buy back the formula, but Tony says no. Tony tells Philip to, as SOW says, "make a clean break with Victor and be the man he wants to be." Philip then makes Tony the offer that the two of them could be partners and that, as Johnson says, "they'd be stronger together". But Tony still refuses.

Then, Victor asks Philip to meet with him, and Victor fires Philip from Titan, because he lost the fuels project to the DiMeras. As Johnson says, "Philip's angry, but he's more hurt. He can't believe his father would choose business over family." Philip goes to pack his office, but he tells Victor that he's still going to try to get the project back. Johnson explains that "Philip is determined to bring it to his dad."

Philip then texts Tony and asks him to come to the pier. Johnson says that "Tony has what Philip needs, and he's not going to give up." However, as Johnson explains, unfortunately for Philip, when he and Tony meet on the pier, Tony "basically laughs in Philip's face". The two argue, and then things escalate and some punches are thrown.

Nicole, meanwhile, has come to the pier to confront Tony about his threat to tell EJ about Sydney. She sees the fight intensify. Philip cuts his hand on a piece of glass, and, thinking he's won, Tony starts to walk away. Philip yells to Tony that it's not over, and then when Tony starts to walk back to Philip, Tony falls on a wood pallet, and a fragment pierces his back. Philip then sees Nicole, and he tells her to call 911.

However, instead of calling 911, Nicole calls EJ to tell him that Tony's hurt. Then, Philip asks Nicole about what she saw; Johnson explains that Philip "wants to make sure [Nicole] is going to corroborate his story, which is that it was an accident, which it was." But Nicole just walks away.

Stefano and EJ confront Philip at the hospital, because they think Philip may have tried to kill Tony. As Johnson says, "Stefano vows vengeance. He will not rest until Philip is taken care of."

Bo breaks up the argument, and Philip tells Bo that it was an accident and that Nicole witnessed the whole thing. But since Nicole doesn't seem to be talking and Tony is "clinging to life", Philip realizes things look bad. "This could possibly be one of the worst situations [Philip] has been in... he never wanted Tony to die," says Johnson. "Everything starts to hit Philip. He might have an indirect hand in killing Tony if he dies, and he will have to live with that his whole life. He could go to jail, and he's lost even more favor in his father's eyes. It's a devastating situation."

SOW concludes their article by saying the situation could get even worse for Philip, because Nicole slips into Tony's room...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

What is Tony, a vampire? Has Dena been watching True Blood? ....Honestly, what a weird way to kill him off....el stupido!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Reading this, it SO reminds me of Mimi/Jan/Stan back in 2005. Philip is Mimi, Tony is Jan, and Nicole is Stan.

Still sounds good, though!

peaches179

Dragonish1
Mar 18 2009, 10:50 AM
What is Tony, a vampire? Has Dena been watching True Blood? ....Honestly, what a weird way to kill him off....el stupido!

LMAO!!!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

What a lameass way,for Tony,to die..and does Nutty ass Nicole,kill my Tony??grrr..thanks for posting

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ugh! What a rotten way to send Tony off. Hate it! The character deserves so much better.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you. Tony :'( what a crappy way to go.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

WOW...guess maybe it means that Nicole sides w/the DiMeras on this?? It's a lame ass way to die...why not fall off the pier...not find the body?? A plank of wood???
I dont think that Nicole kills Tony...I think its daddy dearest! And Nicole goes along w/it. Glad that EJ's the first person she calls!!
Liz

Mason
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 18 2009, 11:20 AM
Ugh! What a rotten way to send Tony off. Hate it! The character deserves so much better.
LoL, with the way veteran characters on this show are treated, can you really say you're surprised?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I agree that this is a horrible way to kill off a vet like Tony but this is the kind of thing I want to see with Philip and not some lame triangles.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 18 2009, 12:04 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 18 2009, 11:20 AM
LoL, with the way veteran characters on this show are treated, can you really say you're surprised?
Sadly...no. Not in the least. Just par for the course, I suppose. But does it ever suck to see Tony (or Andre, or Tondre, or whoever the hell he is) get basically the same treatment as Willow Stark or whatever the chick's name was that had Philip's baby. What is it with these writers and having people fall down and go boom? -_-

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 18 2009, 11:45 AM
WOW...guess maybe it means that Nicole sides w/the DiMeras on this?? It's a lame ass way to die...why not fall off the pier...not find the body?? A plank of wood???
I dont think that Nicole kills Tony...I think its daddy dearest! And Nicole goes along w/it. Glad that EJ's the first person she calls!!
Liz
I'm confused...how is this showing that Nicole is siding with the DiMera's? Tony is a DiMera - she certainly isn't doing much to help him here.

Once again, it just shows that Nicole is siding with the only person in her life she gives a rat's ass about...herself. :rolleyes:

Livie

I wish it would be Nicole that does whatever is done, but this will be a red herring thing. Nicole is probably major relieved that Tony is dead so her secret is hidden a bit longer, but to totally hide it, she is going to have to get Mia's baby back from Sami. So again, she involves herself in kidnapping..unless someone can stop her, possibly Brady.

Nicoles only concern is herself, and if she wants to lose the support of Brady as well, then she will let his Uncle Philip (weird family ties here, have to remind myself that Isabella would be Philips half sister, therefore Philip is Brady's Unc) take the hit both from the law and the DiMeras..

Her hole gets deeper as the misty circle widens.

Nicole Walker

Why should Nicole care about Phillip? Did he care about her life or her happiness when he was blackmailing her? NOPE. Now Nicole is the one that has his life in her hands. LOL!
Edited by Nicole Walker, Mar 18 2009, 12:55 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 18 2009, 12:16 PM
Liz<3Days
Liz
I'm confused...how is this showing that Nicole is siding with the DiMera's? Tony is a DiMera - she certainly isn't doing much to help him here.

Once again, it just shows that Nicole is siding with the only person in her life she gives a rat's ass about...herself. :rolleyes:
There was a spoiler that Nicole would have to choose sides. By calling EJ before anyone, I'm speculating that she chooses the DiMeras.
Tony is a DiMera, but in the eyes of both EJ and Steffy, he has betrayed the family by going alone and getting the AFP.
Liz

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It sounds good on paper, but I'm not sure how this is going to look on screen.

Poor Philip. Victor's such an asshole. I really wish they'd start showing a more compassionate side to Victor aside from his ruthless side. That's possible. Hogan and his writing team did it back in 2006. They brought Victor back to the dark side, but still gave him light-hearted scenes when he was with Philip or Claire. That's what I'm hoping they do when Victor sees that Philip's freedom could be on the line. Not to mention his freedom's on the line, but so is his life. The DiMeras are going to come after Philip. I hope Victor stands by his son's side.

And I get the feeling that Nicole's going to pull the plug. I'm glad Philip sees her go into the room though. It sets up the next part of this storyline.

I really hope it plays out right. :hail:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
I agree. The way of death is not the best choice. I would have rather Philip and Tony struggled and Tony fell and hit his head on a box or something. The glass through the back is just not good.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 18 2009, 01:01 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 18 2009, 12:16 PM
Liz<3Days
Liz

There was a spoiler that Nicole would have to choose sides. By calling EJ before anyone, I'm speculating that she chooses the DiMeras.
Tony is a DiMera, but in the eyes of both EJ and Steffy, he has betrayed the family by going alone and getting the AFP.
Liz
Okay...I see where you were coming from.

I am curious to see how this all plays out. I am intrigued that Nicole calls EJ first to tell him about Tony being injured - wouldn't/shouldn't that prompt EJ to question why she was there at the docks when Tony was injured? And I'm not clear on why she doesn't either step forward to say that she saw it as an accident (helping Philip out and thereby hoping to shut him up about Brady) or that she saw Philip intentionally cause Tony's fall (hanging him out to dry and basically siding with the DiMera's). It all seems a bit vague at this point...particularly when they add in the bit about Nicole slipping in to Tony's room while Philip, Stefano and EJ are arguing. I suspect that will actually be a red herring because I'll be shocked if they go down the road of Nicole intentionally causing Tony's death, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I read a spoiler that Stefano will vow vengeance against Philip for Tony's death - so it seems that although he was angry with Tony about his perceived "betrayal" he is ultimately hurt by his death.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think this sounds pretty good! Thanks, Ellie!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 18 2009, 01:11 PM
Dragonish1
I agree. The way of death is not the best choice. I would have rather Philip and Tony struggled and Tony fell and hit his head on a box or something. The glass through the back is just not good.
That would be even worse. I don't know how many times they've done that the last four years.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply