Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip and Tony; March 31st issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Mar 18 2009, 10:47 AM (1,995 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

My apologies to TP for having to go out almost the same way as Willow Stark (i.e. lame), but sounds like a awesome set up.

I can't wait to see what trouble Nicole gets herself in! And honestly, if I were her with the way the Kiriakis guys have been acting toward her, I would side with anyone Dimera over them.
However, I have some pity for Phillip here. His dad has been an ass, he has been trying his darndest to get the project and be the tough guy and it just isn't working. Reminds me of the dock wars.

Thanks for posting the article!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Mar 18 2009, 02:10 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 18 2009, 01:11 PM
Dragonish1
Mar 18 2009, 10:50 AM
What is Tony, a vampire? Has Dena been watching True Blood? ....Honestly, what a weird way to kill him off....el stupido!
I agree. The way of death is not the best choice. I would have rather Philip and Tony struggled and Tony fell and hit his head on a box or something. The glass through the back is just not good.
That would be even worse. I don't know how many times they've done that the last four years.
I agree. They've done that far too much. Yes, the way he dies is underwhelming but I'm more excited about the drama it causes. It's a great setup and I've been wanting a Kirakis/Dimera feud for so long.

This all sounds great but why did the show say this would be a whodunit murder mystery? We know it's an accident that Philip contributes to. I mean, as Drew suggested, Nicole may go in and pull the plug but we still know who did it in that case. This really isn't a mystery so I don't get that. I'm glad it isn't but that bugs me LOL.

I like how they are focusing on Philip and Victor's relationship. I know Victor is being harsh but that is in character. Victor has mentioned how he had to work hard to reach the top so I think he wants Philip to do the same because he thinks that is what makes you successful in life. Hard work. He doesn't want it all to come easy to Philip. I don't think any lightheartedness is needed. Besides, we get those kind of scenes from Victor when he is with Kate recently. I also like how they focused on Tony stepping out and trying to create the Dimera empire he always wanted. He couldn't change what Stefano made the actual empire so he goes out and tries to make his own. Love that.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Victor has always been a hard-ass towards his relatives. I can remember way back w/Justin and that's when Vic was truly evil!
I think if the writers can't have Vic be "softer" w/his son, then have him talk w/Kate about his intentions. That way the audience knows this and its makes more sense. I know Kate was defending Phil last week, but we need to see more of a multi-layered Vic- lately he's been a cranky old man...not distinguished at all!
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply