Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Chloe; April 7th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Mar 25 2009, 10:15 AM (2,470 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Nadia Bjorlin.

SOW asks Bjorlin what Chloe's thoughts are on "possibly being pregnant". Bjorlin laughs and answers: "I'm such a whore! That's what she's thinking." She continues that Chloe is nervous because she just got married, "probably for the wrong reasons", and she also wants to forget about her affair with Daniel. However, "this throws a wrench into that plan. She might have to deal with the consequences of her actions."

Chloe plans to take a home pregnancy test, but then Kate arrives before Chloe is able to take the test. Kate wants to offer Chloe a job hosting a TV talk show. Chloe tells Kate that she'll consider it but since she just got married, she wants to spend time with Lucas, Will and Allie.

But then, Kate knocks over Chloe's purse, and the pregnancy test falls out! As Bjorlin explains, "Kate's like, 'Noooo!' There's a double meaning. Kate says Chloe can't host a TV show if she's pregnant, but what she's really thinking is that if Chloe's pregnant with her grandchild, she can't move forward with her plot to kill her."

Lucas comes home, and Kate tells him that Chloe might be pregnant. Chloe goes to take the pregnancy test, but then she comes out of the bathroom and tells them that the test is defective. Kate and Lucas are called away to deal with Philip and Tony, and Chloe goes to get another test. She takes it and finds out she is not pregnant. She is relieved but also disappointed, and as Bjorlin says, "The audience is left to wonder if [the disappointment] is because she's not pregnant with Lucas's child or Daniel's."

When Lucas arrives home, Chloe tells him the results of the test, and he calls Kate to tell her. Bjorlin says that Chloe has no idea that Kate plans to kill her: "As far as [Chloe and Daniel] know, no one but Maggie knows they had an affair, and she promised not to tell anyone."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Mar 25 2009, 10:15 AM
Kate wants to offer Chloe a job hosting a TV talk show.
Um, ok.

Let's hope she's really, really not pregnant and this isn't a fakeout.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

Ariel

Good news, if in fact the second test wasn't wrong. But I guess Chloe is giving up on her singing career to be a housewife? Yuck!

Ariel

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Ponz
Member Avatar

It's probably a recurrence of her cancer and Daniel will be "forced" to take her case. :eyeroll:

Thanks, Ellie.

Ariel

Ponz
Mar 25 2009, 11:29 AM
It's probably a recurrence of her cancer and Daniel will be "forced" to take her case. :eyeroll:

Thanks, Ellie.
OMG, please don't let them go there! You're probably right, there were supposed to be risks to Chloe's health from the bone marrow donation she shouldn't have been able to do.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Thanks for posting!

I'd be surprised if Chloe was sick because of the magical cancer cure. That would require the writers to remember what happened several months ago and create an actual, major negative consequence for a character that, so far as I know, is not slated to leave the show shortly after that consequence occurs. It's just not their style to do that. Then again, punishing wicked women with insterility is a Reilly cliche they haven't yet incorporated.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm glad Nadia can admit that her character is a whore. I wonder if she's a fan of the shift in her character's personality. Chloe never used to be like this until Higley started writing. Sure, she flirted with Philip when she first came back, but she didn't become a whore until after Higley's writing team came on.

I'm kinda disappointed that Chloe's not pregnant. It would have taken the storyline into a different direction, one that I may have actually liked or be interested in. Instead, we have to go through this ridiculous story where Kate's going to try to kill Chloe. Stupid!

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ugh.

lily20

hmmmm..
I still think she's pregnant. Maybe she lied to Lucas and Kate about the test and it really was positive? or the test is wrong and she'll go to a doctor to make sure.

lastDays
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm glad Nadia can admit that her character is a whore. I wonder if she's a fan of the shift in her character's personality. Chloe never used to be like this until Higley started writing. Sure, she flirted with Philip when she first came back, but she didn't become a whore until after Higley's writing team came on.

I'm kinda disappointed that Chloe's not pregnant. It would have taken the storyline into a different direction, one that I may have actually liked or be interested in. Instead, we have to go through this ridiculous story where Kate's going to try to kill Chloe. Stupid!
Speakingn of Kate,I read at DaysCafe a few days ago that Kate's personality change to a crazed evil doer may be becuz shes suffering effects from her cancer treatment. WTF,Dena :drunk:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lily20
Mar 25 2009, 11:58 PM
hmmmm..
I still think she's pregnant. Maybe she lied to Lucas and Kate about the test and it really was positive? or the test is wrong and she'll go to a doctor to make sure.
Well, I hope she's really not pregnant, but I suppose that the purpose of the negative test could be to greenlight Kate's plans, then after Kate has started poisoning her we discover she really was pregnant and Kate may have been harming her own grandchild. But I'm still going to hope she isn't pregnant, because the second to last thing this show need is another WTD story and the last thing it needs is another baby.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Well this is a plot writer,,,a big deal was made of the pregnancy tests,and not only that Lucas calls Mommy and tells her right away that she is NOT pregnant...so Kate ramps up her plan,,,but I think she probaly IS pregnant,messed up the test,or it was too soon,or Kate's trying to poison her may make her miscarry...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...I wonder where they are going with this.

The pregnancy angle seemed like a sure bet. I kind of like the idea that it's not but I kind of don't because it would've added some compelling drama.

It's funny how a week ago people hated the possibility of her being pregnant and called the twist predictable and now people are mad it's not happening. Talk about confusing LOL.

Nadia is funny though. It's clear she is enjoying herself now. In the Fall, she came off kind of bitter and I can't blame her. There was no direction to her character or story. Now there is and she has a hot affair story. I can't believe how far this Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate stuff has come.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 30 2009, 01:49 AM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

She definitely has to be pregnant. It would be the DAYS way to let the news leak. And, I kinda so hope she is.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Hmm..wondering about the last sentence in that article about Maggie. She promised not to tell...that means in soapese...she'll tell someone!LOL
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply