Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Day of Days" announced for November 7th, 2009
Topic Started: Mar 25 2009, 10:23 AM (1,131 Views)
Ellie

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/news/index.shtml

NBC and DAYS OF OUR LIVES are pleased to announce plans for another "Day of DAYS" fan event for 2009. The event will take place on November 7, 2009, at Citywalk at Universal Studios, Hollywood, California, and will include cast autograph signings, special show presentations, and more. Additional details will be announced in the near future. Keep checking www.nbc.com/days for future updates!

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/3816/Day_of_Days_Dates_Announced_for_November_2009

NBC and Days has just announced plans for yet another fun filled "Day of Days " fan event for 2009! The event will take place on November 7, 2009, at Citywalk at Universal Studios, Hollywood, California, and will include cast autograph signings, special show presentations, and more!

Not only did the fans have a blast at this event last year in November, getting autographs and photos of the cast, but the actors had a great time as well. Shelly Hennig was pleased there were so many Stephanie fans who came out, while Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera) says of the fans, “They were surprised at how nice we are.” Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) agreed with him, causing Thaao to joke. “I may have to change my reputation” Leann retorts,“Oh no, darling, I like you just the way you are!”

Additional details will be announced soon.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

fancyface78
Member Avatar

One can only hope it will be better organized this year...especially with this much lead time!

Thanks for the info ;)

KathyRon

Not to be mean but the MAJORITY of those fans last year were there for the vets! :rockon: Drake, Dee, Marybeth, Stephen, Thao and LeAnn. I would only go to see Peter & Kristian, maybe Ali & Bryan, but I could care less about everyone else! What's the point, unless you get those people to come back and I don't know if someone like Deidre would do that after the way they treated her! :shame: JMO

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Peter and Kristian had the longest line at the place last year...but people were also really excited to see Ali and James S., and Nadia. For the most part, everyone had a pretty long line. The majority of people I spoke to were just excited for the chance to see everyone...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That's great news. Any publicity for this show is good publicity.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

At this rate it may just be Molly Burnett and Josh Taylor left!

twinkathy

Thats great.I wont be going this year.The lines were controlled by security and they were as nasty as they could be. I went too see S&K and was told I couldnt .I hope it doesnt rain this year because it was total chaos.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 25 2009, 04:36 PM
At this rate it may just be Molly Burnett and Josh Taylor left!
^o) Probably very true :lol:

fancyface78
Member Avatar

twinkathy
Mar 25 2009, 05:05 PM
Thats great.I wont be going this year.The lines were controlled by security and they were as nasty as they could be. I went too see S&K and was told I couldnt .I hope it doesnt rain this year because it was total chaos.
It was obvious last year that it was thrown together at the last minute and they had no back-up plan if it rained. I don't plan on going again this year either. Not worth it!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Glad this is being done again. It shows that DAYS is getting some support from NBC.

I never thought DAYS was gonna make it to its 45th anniversary on NBC...that may just happen! (knocks on wood)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Mar 26 2009, 05:35 PM
Glad this is being done again. It shows that DAYS is getting some support from NBC.

I never thought DAYS was gonna make it to its 45th anniversary on NBC...that may just happen! (knocks on wood)
I agree. It shows support and it will be great for the fans. It gives the current cast a chance to shine and it's good promotion. Fan interactivity is never a bad thing and I like them announcing it so soon. They announced it late last year and many said it was poorly planned. I have to wonder if maybe the one last year was planned to be a goodbye of some sort, either to many of the vets or to the show since Corday said the negotiations came down to the wire and it looked bad.

I think Days easily bought themselves another few years or more. They now make quite an appealing package for when Corday can shop them around to other networks.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 30 2009, 01:52 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply