Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Joe Mascolo on Thaao's exit, SOW on Leann's last scenes; April 7th issue
Topic Started: Mar 25 2009, 10:47 AM (1,657 Views)
Ellie

This week's SOD "Comings and Goings" section quotes Joe Mascolo about the exit of Thaao Penghlis:

"It's very, very difficult. Thaao and I are friends and we've gone through a lot together. He works in a certain way that I understand and vice versa. It was a shock to me. I know that they're just slicing away here like a salami, but I hated to see that happen. It hurt my heart."

Also, this week's SOW, as part of a small piece on the way each of the 'veteran' characters was written off, discusses Leann Hunley's last scenes: "Anna returns to Salem to slap Stefano, grab her beloved's ashes, and leave town for good."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie

Mason

I knew Joe would be pissed about this, and I'm glad he didn't hold back.

King
Member Avatar

Joe doesn't sound pissed to me. He's just stating facts.

Bye, Anna!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I love that Joe is so honest about it - and I couldn't agree more, it hurts my heart, too. :shame:

As for Leann's exit - I still say I'm surprised they bothered to include her at all. If they were going to bring her back - why not at least give the Tanna fans one last scene with her at Tony's side as he passes away? Having her show up to slap Stefano? Whatever. :hmmph:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think Mascolo is just hurt to see a good friend go. He doesn't really sound pissed. If he was pissed, I think he would've come off a lot stronger than he did.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2009, 12:12 PM
I think Mascolo is just hurt to see a good friend go. He doesn't really sound pissed. If he was pissed, I think he would've come off a lot stronger than he did.
I'm not sure if "pissed" is the word I would use, but I think the 'slicing away like a salami' comment conveys more than just sadness.

Mason

Alright, then. Does bitter work better for everyone? Either way, I don't blame Joe one bit.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 25 2009, 12:16 PM
Alright, then. Does bitter work better for everyone? Either way, I don't blame Joe one bit.
Pissed works, if it works for you. Calm down. LOL!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason
Mar 25 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm going to go with "rueful." Wistful, maybe.

Still don't see why Leann can't stick around. She can't cost that much to use, she's a Dimera-connected female, the character's been around forever, and there's still enough undone/unknown to give writers flexibility. Hell, they could even inflict the indestructible Josh Taylor on her, couldn't they? Roman/Anna have history, I think, could be an obstacle for Rope.

misch
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 25 2009, 12:14 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure if "pissed" is the word I would use, but I think the 'slicing away like a salami' comment conveys more than just sadness.
I think "slicing away like a salami" sums it up for me. But I feel like the butcher has gone for the jugular and can't stop the bleeding. :shame:

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

But have we all forgetten, this is Days where EVERYONE comes back from the dead!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Mar 25 2009, 10:53 AM
Joe doesn't sound pissed to me. He's just stating facts.

Bye, Anna!
I agree.

We've all witnessed Joe mad, especially in the mags LOL. I don't doubt he was when the news broke. Part of me thinks Joe is mad but he doesn't want to do what he did last year and create a stir. He came off as hating how he lost his temper at that time and mentioned how alot of it had to do with the tragedy in his family at the time.

Anyway, it sucks to lose Thaoo because I feel like he fits with the canvas. The writing for him and the material has convinced me they could work him in with the current characters. Whatever the case, his death will bring major drama and I can't wait to see the Anna/Stefano stuff either. That should be fun. Glad we get one more Anna appearance. Leann will be missed.

Hoochie21
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 25 2009, 10:47 AM
This week's SOD "Comings and Goings" section quotes Joe Mascolo about the exit of Thaao Penghlis:

"It's very, very difficult. Thaao and I are friends and we've gone through a lot together. He works in a certain way that I understand and vice versa. It was a shock to me. I know that they're just slicing away here like a salami, but I hated to see that happen. It hurt my heart."

Also, this week's SOW, as part of a small piece on the way each of the 'veteran' characters was written off, discusses Leann Hunley's last scenes: "Anna returns to Salem to slap Stefano, grab her beloved's ashes, and leave town for good."

I can tell that he's very sad about Thaao's firing and having the character killed off AGAIN! :soapbox: Did you see the scene where Stefano's at Tony's bedside after he died? That was more Joe than Stefano to me, and the way he cried...no, scratch that...the way he SOBBED made me heartbroken, and I cried too.

I don't see Joe staying on this dismal show any longer anyway...

The right word to use is UPSET not PISSED, but I bet behind the scenes he really is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply