Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:James Scott interview; Michael Fairman interview
Topic Started: Mar 26 2009, 02:39 AM (2,839 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

cjknick
Mar 26 2009, 11:46 AM
aimees76
Mar 26 2009, 10:59 AM
Paxton
Mar 26 2009, 10:57 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I know as a Lumi fan, myself, I have been THRILLED with my payoff. :huh:
Oh yeah, and in what alternate universe do all soap opera characters have to pay consequences for their actions, and how could JS of all people say that with a straight face? :o
If you read the quote he said that there are always consequences and that ultimately they realize the consequences of their actions. He did not say "pay" in the sense they like go to prison or even get caught for that matter - but that there are consequnces. For EJ well...EJ got shot and was paralzed - plus as he said to Stefano when Stefano was in a coma that because of what he did for Stefano being his obedient soldier that the women he loves, Sami will never love him. So I guess consequences come in different ways. And from what TC said had Hogan continued as HW EJ was possible going to go to prison - that storyline was pitched anyway - but as you all know different writers came in and instead of EJ going to prison he got Nicole instead. Some would say that is a consequence for his sins! :wink:
:lol: Great post! Prison or Nicole?? Prison or Nicole?? Tough call... ;)

I agree that he was speaking in general terms about consequences - and he is also very clear that this is just his take on things. Who knows how it will turn out - but it's nice to hear him say that TPTB are aware of what a signficant fan base EJami has and he doesn't think it will be overlooked. It mirrors other comments he has made in the past, as well. I am disappointed to hear it sounds like the baby switch thing will continue on for a while...I was hoping we were closing in on the reveal, but perhaps not.

His comments about poor EJ not getting any were pretty funny, too. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

aimees76
Mar 26 2009, 10:59 AM
Paxton
Mar 26 2009, 10:57 AM
aimees76
Mar 26 2009, 10:50 AM
ROFLMAO. Yeah, TPTB would never DARE to alienate any long-term fans. Bwahahahaa. Sure ;)
Oh yeah, I can't think of any fanbases who have been alienated either . . . John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla, Nick . . . yep, all happy as clams!
I know as a Lumi fan, myself, I have been THRILLED with my payoff. :huh:
Oh yeah, and in what alternate universe do all soap opera characters have to pay consequences for their actions, and how could JS of all people say that with a straight face? :o
Wow, your perspective is quite different when the shoe is on the other foot!

ginababe
BANNED

my favorite part, when he says Nicole is a no-win situation lol!! Bitch is going to get caught!! Not just about the baby switch, but her part in Tony's death!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ginababe
Mar 26 2009, 12:19 PM
my favorite part, when he says Nicole is a no-win situation lol!! Bitch is going to get caught!! Not just about the baby switch, but her part in Tony's death!
what part in tony's death? it was an accident.

ginababe
BANNED

luvpumpkns
Mar 26 2009, 12:26 PM
ginababe
Yeah, and her walking into his hospital room saying "I'm going to make sure you don't say a word"... is nothing. I think it will come out that she pulled the plug, or put a pillow over his face. JMO though.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ginababe
Mar 26 2009, 12:30 PM
luvpumpkns
ginababe
Yeah, and her walking into his hospital room saying "I'm going to make sure you don't say a word"... is nothing. I think it will come out that she pulled the plug, or put a pillow over his face. JMO though.
if so, it's something so far down the line that arianne doesnt know about it. the newest interview with her pretty explicitly states that tony's death results from him falling down the stairs at the pier, and that nicole felt compelled to tell hope the truth about what happend to tony. so i doubt nicole had anything to do with it, or the actress playing her wouldn't have made comments to the contrary.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 26 2009, 12:34 PM.

coffeelover

Thanks for posting!

Looks like JS knows what he is talking about, up coming spoilers are suggesting some Ejami bonding coming up and even Rafe tells Sami that he thinks she is still in love with EJ! Imagine that!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love that he doesn't try to promote the Alternative Fuels Project like he could've done. It's stupid and he pretty much said that.

ginababe
BANNED

luvpumpkns
Mar 26 2009, 12:34 PM
ginababe
luvpumpkns

if so, it's something so far down the line that arianne doesnt know about it. the newest interview with her pretty explicitly states that tony's death results from him falling down the stairs at the pier, and that nicole felt compelled to tell hope the truth about what happend to tony. so i doubt nicole had anything to do with it, or the actress playing her wouldn't have made comments to the contrary.
it's not down the road, that happens tomorrow!! As per the previews.

six
Member Avatar

cjknick
Mar 26 2009, 10:54 AM
aimees76
Mar 26 2009, 10:50 AM
ROFLMAO. Yeah, TPTB would never DARE to alienate any long-term fans. Bwahahahaa. Sure ;)

And that wasn't a couple-biased interview AT ALL. /sarcasm.

Thanks for posting.
I agree Aimees it did seem like Michael was a little biased in his questions. Perhaps Michael is an EJAMI fan!
I agree, and while it could have been more balanced if there were some questions about ejole, after several months worth of pro ejole/anti ejami interviews, I'm not that bothered by it.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ good point!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
Mar 26 2009, 01:33 PM
I love that he doesn't try to promote the Alternative Fuels Project like he could've done. It's stupid and he pretty much said that.
Yeah, but it kind of irritated me that he acted like Nick and Melanie came up with it together. I'm always up for Melanie bashing, but she never had anything to do with conceiving of the formula. And I guess it didn't bother him that Nick was written totally out of character as a murderer because Blake got fired--another example of TPTB's "being careful not to alienate fans," I guess.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview.

I've been in the minority since it started on this but I don't see what is so stupid about the fuels project. Nick, Trent, and Max developed it. Melanie basically inherited it. It's no different then an 18 year old girl being left a ton of money in a will. The show never tried to portray her as some shrewd businesswomen. She got consumed by greed and tried to play both sides and now she is paying for it. She has nothing.

EJ used and manipulated her. Tony did the same. Philip gave Melanie the benefit of the doubt and was heavily influenced by Stephanie in how he made decisions and what not. No one looked bad. The story set up the Kiriakis/Dimera feud. It provided an exit arc for Tony. It tied Nicole's story to Philip a bit. It set up great conflict for Philip/Stephanie and Philip/Victor. It looks to be giving Stefano more to do. The story was clearly a means to an end. Just looking at spoilers we already have Melanie working at the hospital and the emphasis no longer on the fuels project but rather on Tony's death. The fuels project was all part of setting up a big story. It's all about the long-term vision. Just like Kate's cancer set up the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel stuff. It's part of the big picture. I doubt we will be hearing much, if anything at all, about the fuels project in another month.

That is what I love most about the show right now. There is a direction and a long-term vision. The show hasn't had this feel in years. You sense everything is building to something. I love it.

As for it being implausible, I can see why someone would think that but is it really? People said Bo having visions after a fall was but there is a doctor who deals with this field in SOD this week saying it is possible. None of us really knows and every day there is something in the news that makes us go "Wow, how could that have happened?" As I explained above, it's really not that implausible at all and the fuels project actually ties in with current real life issues. Let's also remember too that this same show had Austin and a very young Sami with very little education working at and even running divisions at Titan.

It goes back to what James advised people to do...sometimes you just have to roll with it. That is not to say you accept anything thrown out there or that anyone should just let it go. However, even the most realistic shows and films require some suspending of disbelief. That is part of the escapism. It's entertainment. Realism and escapism have to be at play and escapism comes in large part from some of the things that require an element of suspending disbelief.

Just look back at some of the biggest stories on soaps. Look back at some of Days' biggest stories. The Kristen/Susan baby switch, the possession, Aremid, the many adventures in the 80's, etc. Look back at some of the biggest stories on GH. What about OLTL with the time travel? As James said, sometimes you just have to throw reality out the window if you want to truly enjoy something. If not, that's fine too. There will always be a story or twist or something that comes along where the viewer has to make the choice of whether they will just sit back and ride with it or will simply ignore it and fast forward or whatever the case may be. Most of the time it depends on whether the story in question will lead us to something we want. That plays a big role.

I have to say Fairman gives great interviews and James was great. He does have alot going on story-wise. I do think he is right that the show tries to please fans of the characters and I think it's much easier now with the current cast and state of the show. However, you can't please everyone and, thankfully, the show seems to finally understand that. I figured he was sad about losing Thaoo. I think Thaoo's exit will leave a hole because he's actually getting a pretty damn good exit arc that ties in with his story of always being the one to escape Stefano and to make a Dimera legacy he can be proud of. J&M and S&K got shit but Thaoo is getting a good arc and it will be hard to adjust to things without him after the past few weeks. Thaoo always seems to get really good exit stories LOL.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ginababe
luvpumpkns
ginababe

i've seen the episode. tony falls down the stairs and neither phillip or nicole had anything to do with it. nothing happens when she sneaks in his room, either, if that's what you're referring to. as i said, it's fully explained in the interview posted in another thread.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 26 2009, 02:27 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

luvpumpkns
Mar 26 2009, 02:26 PM
ginababe
luvpumpkns

i've seen the episode. tony falls down the stairs and neither phillip or nicole had anything to do with it. nothing happens when she sneaks in his room, either, if that's what you're referring to. as i said, it's fully explained in the interview posted in another thread.
oh that's right, I forgot, nicole is a saint, she would never do anything nefarious would she?! :rolleyes:

ilovemydays

luvpumpkns
ginababe
luvpumpkns

Don't bother Luv. I know you are just trying to be helpful and informative but if someone wants to eat the red herring they're entitled.

ginababe
BANNED

ilovemydays
Mar 26 2009, 02:39 PM
luvpumpkns
ginababe

Don't bother Luv. I know you are just trying to be helpful and informative but if someone wants to eat the red herring they're entitled.
I'll admit, I could be wrong. But one thing I know I am not wrong on is, that Nicole's little happy house of cards is about to come crashing down, and I will be laughing when it does!!

coffeelover

Listen to the audio of the interview is so much better - the audio version is up now.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ it was so much better to hear James words.. the way he says the writers and producers MUST KNOW, like he was winking while he said it lol!

peaches179

Ellie
Mar 26 2009, 11:14 AM
LOL I just can't get over this sentence: "The show is very careful not to alienate fans that particularly supported a character for a long time." If you take out the word "not", it actually works.

LOL! ICAM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply