Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rachel Melvin *Rumor* from Daytime Confidential
Topic Started: Mar 26 2009, 09:25 PM (1,875 Views)
Ellie

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/03/are-days-and-gh-doing-red-rover-with-greg-vaughan-and-rachel-melvin

DC staffers heard it through the soapvine that former Days of Our Lives actress Rachel Melvin recently read for a part at General Hospital. Could she possibly be Sonny's soon-to-be SORASed daughter Kristina? Another possibility, would be Melvin doing to a temp gig as a young Claudia? Spoilers indicate the soap will be flashing back to Claw's childhood.

"I can't comment on that," says an insider.

We also hear, Greg Vaughan recently met with the people over at Days of Our Lives for a part, which didn't make Fronsie too happy! Developing...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I think it's BS. I don't see Rachel joining GH or any other soap.

I was just thinking the other day that I think Vaughan would make a great Shawn recast, but I don't see him leaving GH.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Please keep Greg Vaughn far away from Days or any other soap I call "mine."

As for Rachel/GH... meh. I wouldn't be surprised.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I wish her luck. People seemed hard on her when she chose to leave Days. I personally think it's the smartest move she's made in a year.

ginababe
BANNED

I can see Greg as Eric Brady, he would be perfect for that role!

Shylock

Greg Vaughn?

The dude who currently plays Lucky?

Playing either Shawn or Eric?

He sucks. His acting is wooden and he has zero charisma, skill or screen presence.
Edited by Shylock, Mar 26 2009, 11:49 PM.

Bradyclan

Rachel Melvin and Kirsten Storms on the same show? I guess I'd have to watch GH then.

Although, I don't think that she'll be going to another soap , right now. A temp role, sure ? but nothing more for now.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Would Frons consider Melvin pretty enough for GH? I could see her GL or ATWT. As for Vaughn, I don't think he has ever worked as Lucky. Thought he was great as Diego on Y&R, and would be a welcome addition to DAYS. As Eric, I'm not so sure. I think he would be great as Shawn, but Hope would look like his sister :)

ginababe
BANNED

If he considers JMB a babe, then why not RM?

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ginababe
Mar 26 2009, 11:24 PM
I can see Greg as Eric Brady, he would be perfect for that role!
That was my thought when I read this.

Not that I put much faith in spumors.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Greg Vaughan would be a good Shawn D or Eric(especially) I agree. Love it, especially since I don't watch GH any more. I hope Rachel Melvin is smart enough to stay away from the horrible GH. I thought she was leaving DAYS for primetime and motion pictures. IMHO, GH would be a huge step down from DAYS as Chelsea.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Mar 27 2009, 10:41 AM.

Kailyn

Shylock
Mar 26 2009, 11:48 PM
Greg Vaughn?

The dude who currently plays Lucky?

Playing either Shawn or Eric?

He sucks. His acting is wooden and he has zero charisma, skill or screen presence.
with those discrptions he would be perfect for Days. lets see acts wooden and zero charisma are the only quallities :lol: Days uses to hire.lol

cjknick
Member Avatar

If they hire Greg Vaughn they better get rid of someone. They have too many thirty something guys as it is with the addition of the Passion boys. Days has JKJ, JS, GG, EM and BD plus they have DB and SC. They best be adding some women.

Mason

Well, I'm all for cutting Gering, Martsolf, Brooks and Christian loose, LoL.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of RM's reasons for leaving Days because she wanted to get out of soaps and try primetime and movies?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If I could see Melvin on another soap, it would be GH. I could see Frons seeing much potential in the Emmy nominated and every popular young actress.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Mar 27 2009, 02:33 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

shytstarter
Mar 27 2009, 01:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of RM's reasons for leaving Days because she wanted to get out of soaps and try primetime and movies?
Don't they all say that? It sounds better then saying "I had to get out of this hellhole before NBC cancels it and I have to look for a job at the same time as everyone else."

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Ha!!I I said I would LOOOOVE to see her mix it up with Maxie!!!I hope she gets it.As for Vaughn..uh we need some women on this show

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I can buy Melvin on another soap because I don't see her getting many offers from primetime or film. I think what she brings to the table is unique and she will have a difficult time. Plus, toss in the economy and the networks and studios making cutbacks. I can't see it being GH though. With the rumors that Frons thinks Rebecca Herbst is not pretty enough, I can't imagine him wanting to cast Rachel Melvin. I think Melvin is pretty but if Frons thinks likes that, no way is Melvin headed for GH LOL. I would say GL but they are going away from the youth a bit. I could see her on OLTL if Frons doesn't have too much control over there. I can definitely see her on Y&R or ATWT.

As for the Greg Vaughn thing. I remember reading Vaughn is recurring now. It may have been on SON when all the rumors of cast cutting came out. Herbst and Vaughn are involved in those cast cut rumors so it would not surprise me if Greg was auditioning, especially if what I read is through and he is recurring.

As soon as I read this blurb about Greg, I immediately thought Shawn Brady. He has the right look to play Shawn but we'll see if there is anything to this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply