Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Penghlis posted in his guestbook, March 29th
Topic Started: Mar 29 2009, 06:56 PM (6,441 Views)
Ellie

http://pub46.bravenet.com/guestbook/3882218587/

Dear Friends,

Well the comments have been interesting to say the least. Did an interview with Stephanie at SOD the other day.She certainly liked the work. I said somethings, and the way they come out, I'm even surprised concerning the show and circumstances that brought about Tony's exit. I now have a better idea who was responsible and their connection to JR. But its done and the way it was executed story wise could have been a little more heroic and a little less convenient. I'm sure they won't be leaving their imaginations to science.

Thanks for all the great comments about the work. Very astute. Sometimes I think the Hoochies should be doing the writing with Marianne conducting. And Dama thanks for the Pinot. Drunk in celebration. Maybe the next time in NY we can meet and toast each other for being alive and having such perseverance. So this week is the death. In the emotional aspect of it, know that it happened when I looked up at the ceiling while shooting and felt Diedre and Drake's energy there embracing. And I got emotional, and not because of the circumstances of the scene. Been there before and it was a bore.

But I thank James and Joe for their kind words. And Anna not being there was like our wedding, An empty incredible moment that was as boring as a jerkoff. What a wasted way of not filling up the story and taking advantage of an audience looking to have its own fulfillment. For giving them something back for being there.

A big sign just flashed across the eyes. Moving on.

But I will keep you posted of news and travel. Thanks again you wonderful humans that understand and make it all worthwhile.

Love

Thaao P

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

LOL! Thanks, Ellie!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh yeah, he's not gay. What a little bitch LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, I've never seen an actor so full of himself and so bitter. Does he think everyone is out to get him!? He comes back time and time again, so I'm not sure why he is still so surprised by what ends up happening.

Thanks for posting :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mikegoldy
Mar 29 2009, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry, I've never seen an actor so full of himself and so bitter. Does he think everyone is out to get him!? He comes back time and time again, so I'm not sure why he is still so surprised by what ends up happening.

Why can't he just say, My ending sucked, but now I'm gone so who cares.

The End.

Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

GAG. LOL.

But thanks for posting!

SafeFan

Thanks for posting.

The more I read about Thaao's exit, the more I am convinced that Tony had become a part of Thaao in such a way that when Tony died, a part of Thaao died. Tony wasn't your ordinary, everyday type of character, he was elaborate and eccentric and bet it took a little extra to take on Tony.

In regards to the progression of the story, I didn't like the pier scene, either. I thought they could have done more with it.

ginababe
BANNED

I'm glad that he had the gonads to speak up and say "this shit sucked!" not everyone is going to take things quietly into the night, and really, why should he? He has put his heart and soul into the characters he played on this show, only to get slapped many times in the face. So wtf is so wrong for him to speak his mind about it?? Some people don't like it, sorry, get over it. Life is short, let the man vent! He did it on his website, what is the big deal?
Edited by ginababe, Mar 29 2009, 11:38 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

If Thaao was expecting a grandiose exit, then he set himself up for a big disappointment. I am glad he speaks out, but he sounds so bitter and his JER hate has gotten stale.

ginababe
BANNED

I don't think he expected a "grandiose" exit, I think he expected some respect be given to the history of his character. Now given the producing and writing team he is dealing with, should he have expected it? No. But why get so bent out of shape about his opinion?

Mason

ginababe
Mar 29 2009, 11:35 PM
I'm glad that he had the gonads to speak up and say "this shit sucked!" not everyone is going to take things quietly into the night, and really, why should he? He has put his heart and soul into the characters he played on this show, only to get slapped many times in the face. So wtf is so wrong for him to speak his mind about it?? Some people don't like it, sorry, get over it. Life is short, let the man vent! He did it on his website, what is the big deal?
:werd: :hail:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Mar 29 2009, 08:18 PM
Mikegoldy
Mar 29 2009, 08:15 PM

Why can't he just say, My ending sucked, but now I'm gone so who cares.

The End.

That's my feeling too. What Kirk said also falls in line with my feelings. The JER stuff is beyond tiresome.

I like Thaoo. He's a talented actor who I will miss, especially after the past few weeks. The material and writing for him has made me feel like he could fit well in the current state of things. He has every right to bitch about the sendoff and changes being made. That isn't the issue for me, even if I disagree on some points. I just feel like it's beating a dead horse in regards to Tomlin being behind it (since we all know that is who he blames) and the whole JER thing. We get it LOL.

I almost feel like he is just trying to stir the pot to keep his name out there, just like it was mentioned somewhere he hopes he gets on the Emmy ballot. I don't think it's simply about his work but more about keeping himself relevant and getting his name out there. He isn't stupid. SN, MBE, Drake, and Dee are having no luck. He knows you have to make sure people remember you or else you have no chance at all so another Emmy nod and drawing attention to himself will help. It's actually pretty smart and I don't necessarily have a problem with it. It just bothers me because I feel like it's no longer about just sharing his feelings with the fans but more about himself and the future.

I was also bothered by the whole Drake and Dee thing. I don't know why but it came off a bit melodramatic for me. I get the whole "end of a era" thing and how Thaoo feels the "old" Days is gone but it just came off as too much IMO.

I don't know. I feel like I did through the whole J&M situation where the topic didn't go away for months and was even still around for a little while after. I'm ready to just move on with the show being so great right now. That's just me. Again, I like Thaoo and applaud him for his talent and how he is so open with his fans. I just wish he went about things a little differently.

Mason

Okay, I'm confused, because I've scanned it over and over again. Where exactly in this post did Thaao even mention JER?

e83talus
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 30 2009, 08:12 AM
Okay, I'm confused, because I've scanned it over and over again. Where exactly in this post did Thaao even mention JER?
I now have a better idea who was responsible and their connection to JR.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks...Thaoo will be missed by me...we could have something SOO much better than that boring ass Alternative Fuel story..snore,snore,snore...and even my teenage daughter adored Tanna...she stopped watching this shit,back in June..but alas,as someone who has watched it all her life,I keep getting sucked back in.I always enjoy his comments,,he is a straightshooter..and I am too,and I like that about a person...Good Luck Thaoo..this fan will miss you deeply

Mason

e83talus
Mar 30 2009, 09:34 AM
Mason
Mar 30 2009, 08:12 AM
I now have a better idea who was responsible and their connection to JR.
Okay, I see. Although I hardly see how that's such a great example of Thaao spewing his hatred of JER, but whatever. Frankly, I think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, anyway.

aimees76
Member Avatar

ginababe
ICAM. :cheers:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

aimees76
Mar 30 2009, 10:34 AM
ginababe
ICAM. :cheers:
Ditto! :applause:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sometimes I think the Hoochies should be doing the writing with Marianne conducting.
I understand Thaao's frustrations, but I'd rather not have the show written by any Days fanbase -- be it the Hoochies, the EJami fans, the J&M fans or anyone else, LoL.

LoL @ "as boring as a jerkoff." Hot.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I want whatever he's been smoking/snorting/drinking/shooting because that? Is a beautiful, fully-awesome rant.

In a twisted way he's lucky because his character is departing in a way that's actually important; it has an impact. It's a cheap convenient death, yes, but Tony could just be somewhere in Salem unseen or shipped off to Belgium after a Two Week Event.

Thanks for posting that here!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply