Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Penghlis posted in his guestbook, March 29th
Topic Started: Mar 29 2009, 06:56 PM (7,488 Views)
King
Member Avatar

He sounds like a baby. It really sounds bratty and awful. We've been through this. It's show bizz. Get over it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annn1
Member Avatar

when he mentions the connection to JER....i think he is talking about Tomlin.....he does not like Tomlin,at least that is my thought,after the diffrent comments he has made about Tomlin over the past months.......

Shylock

Some people deserve to be bitter. Everyone on that fucking show should be bitter at having to serve up the empty, soulless crap that the writers put on their platters.

Also @ the people telling him to get over it: Remember, he's actually been a part of this show for years. To be unceremoniously killed off the show after them not really doing anything with him of note for the past few months, well. Let him have his bitch. Just because he has disagreements over how he was used doesn't mean he's full of himself.
Edited by Shylock, Mar 30 2009, 07:06 PM.

Livie

For Tony to be just another plot point to keep Nicole on the front burner is what sucks the most. He was not even given a chance to really cause or stop the Kirakis-DiMera fued.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Shylock
Mar 30 2009, 07:01 PM
Some people deserve to be bitter. Everyone on that fucking show should be bitter at having to serve up the empty, soulless crap that the writers put on their platters.

Also @ the people telling him to get over it: Remember, he's actually been a part of this show for years. To be unceremoniously killed off the show after them not really doing anything with him of note for the past few months, well. Let him have his bitch. Just because he has disagreements over how he was used doesn't mean he's full of himself.
The guy has come back time and time again to the show. Everyone is so "proud" of him for being "real." Why is he so surprised? His exits are always awful. And to top it off, it always comes off as if it's personal and that people are out to get him. If he had so much dignity, he wouldn't return everytime he is asked back. What is this, the 4th time he has been fired?

King
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Mar 30 2009, 10:48 PM
Shylock

The guy has come back time and time again to the show. Everyone is so "proud" of him for being "real." Why is he so surprised? His exits are always awful. And to top it off, it always comes off as if it's personal and that people are out to get him. If he had so much dignity, he wouldn't return everytime he is asked back. What is this, the 4th time he has been fired?
Thank you! Seriously, the show has proven four times, that when there is a creative upheaval or when times get tough, Tony is trimmed off the cast.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
Shylock

I agree.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if he just didn't keep going on and on about Tomlin, JER, and so on. It's tiresome. We know who he blames and why. We know he hates them both. Let it go. He keeps talking about moving on yet he dwells on who is responsible for his ouster still. It would've been fine just talking about the last scenes, how horrible this all is, what the future may hold, and thanking the fans and leaving it at that. No one is saying he can't bitch but at some point the same shit being spewed over and over gets old.

Mason
Member Avatar

It's not like this was a friggen' press release. It was on his own damn website, for God's sakes, LoL! He should be able to say whatever he wants there without people getting into a snit about it.
Edited by Mason, Mar 30 2009, 11:20 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

Mason
Mar 30 2009, 11:17 PM
It's not like this was a friggen' press release. It was on his own damn website, for God's sakes, LoL! He should be able to say whatever he wants there without people getting into a snit about it.
that's exactly what I was thinking!!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
It's not like he was saying this to a media outlet, though. It was on his own damn website, for God's sakes, LoL! He should be able to say whatever he wants there without people getting into a snit about it.
I think that some of what he says is stupid and he sounds like a super paranoid egomaniac from time to time, but like you said, it's his personal website.

At the same time, he can't expect to say things (whether it's on his site or in a magazine) without people having an opinion about it.

I generally just don't pay too much attention to what Thaao says, LoL. More often than not, he says the same thing over and over and over...

"Tony is great... yadda, yadda... JER sucks... yadda, yadda... Tomlin is a JER clone... yadda, yadda... me love Leann... yadda, yadda... Greek bullshit... yadda, yadda... younger characters have no maturity... yadda, yadda... Marlena's the killer... yadda, yadda... yay Emmy... yadda, yadda... jerkoff."

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 30 2009, 11:24 PM
I think that some of what he says is stupid and he sounds like a super paranoid egomaniac from time to time, but like you said, it's his personal website.

At the same time, he can't expect to say things (whether it's on his site or in a magazine) without people having an opinion about it.
Having an opinion about it is one thing. Basically dictating what he should or should not be saying on his own website is another, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Exactly, Kenny,

No one is telling him he can't say what he wants. People are just giving their opinion on what he does say and making suggestions because he does come off horribly at times. I don't see how people saying he should've did this or that is a bad thing or wrong. It's all part of sharing an opinion.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 30 2009, 11:28 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 30 2009, 11:27 PM
Having an opinion about it is one thing. Basically dictating what he should or should not be saying on his own website is another, LoL.
Agreed.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

LOL! Of course he would want the hoochies to write the show. Every scene would be of Thaao fencing with himself. :puke:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Shylock

ITA!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Of course he can say whatever he wants. Just like we can have an opinion on what he says. seems pretty simple to me

ges
Member Avatar

laptop
Mar 30 2009, 07:02 PM
For Tony to be just another plot point to keep Nicole on the front burner is what sucks the most. He was not even given a chance to really cause or stop the Kirakis-DiMera fued.
:hail: :hail: That's what I'm talking about!! This man is right, they certainly won't be leaving their imaginations to science! Just because Deidre Hall went off the show quietly with a cheap Timex (if that) doesn't mean everybody has the same temperment. He must know that he is not coming back in any form (Andre) in the future and that he is done with Days. Just because it is show business doesn't mean that you should like getting crapped on. He falls down and goes boom. Give Dena a gold star. Is this considered a Hackley "event?" I'm not even sure he had that dubious distinction. I don't blame him for giving a little parting shot. Bastards. :moon:
Edited by ges, Mar 31 2009, 05:59 AM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I've read it three times and haven't read anything that was bitchy or seemed like he was full of himself.

Just honest about the writing and how his character was written off.........again.

Quote:

I'm sure they won't be leaving their imaginations to science.

Some of the truest words I've ever read & I don't see how anyone could say they're not.

I've yet to read a post or anything about a twist that wasn't seen a mile away.

Mason
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Mar 31 2009, 01:23 AM
Mason
Of course he can say whatever he wants. Just like we can have an opinion on what he says. seems pretty simple to me
When did I say you couldn't?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i for one was pleased reading this, so thanks for posting. i haven't heard anything negative in regards to the show from the recent actors/actresses that have been fired, so it was nice to see someone step up and acknowledge their anger surrounding their exit in detail. yea, some of it bordered on the melodramatic(the comments about deidre and drake, for example) but all in all, it was for me, an eye opening interview.

i'm not even sure his main issue with tomlin is the death scene, per se, it's that people like tomlin, reilly, higley, etc, have no issue with destroying the 'true character' to execute what they percieve to be an exciting storyline. this whole thing, starting with tony supposedly caring that stefano prefers ej over him, to him taunting nicole with her secret, and ending with him being so consumed with humiliating his brother on his death bed, that he had a heart attack, was just so OOC for the character of tony. that's why a lot of people on other boards i frequent are convinced this was really andre, and not tony. i'm sorry, but you know you've got issues with an exit if people think it was the person's evil twin because they're acting so unlike themselves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply