Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Penghlis posted in his guestbook, March 29th
Topic Started: Mar 29 2009, 06:56 PM (7,493 Views)
e83talus
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Mar 31 2009, 12:34 AM
LOL! Of course he would want the hoochies to write the show. Every scene would be of Thaao fencing with himself. :puke:
Nice to see you on here Jiggs! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Mar 31 2009, 08:39 AM
i for one was pleased reading this, so thanks for posting. i haven't heard anything negative in regards to the show from the recent actors/actresses that have been fired, so it was nice to see someone step up and acknowledge their anger surrounding their exit in detail. yea, some of it bordered on the melodramatic(the comments about deidre and drake, for example) but all in all, it was for me, an eye opening interview.

i'm not even sure his main issue with tomlin is the death scene, per se, it's that people like tomlin, reilly, higley, etc, have no issue with destroying the 'true character' to execute what they percieve to be an exciting storyline. this whole thing, starting with tony supposedly caring that stefano prefers ej over him, to him taunting nicole with her secret, and ending with him being so consumed with humiliating his brother on his death bed, that he had a heart attack, was just so OOC for the character of tony. that's why a lot of people on other boards i frequent are convinced this was really andre, and not tony. i'm sorry, but you know you've got issues with an exit if people think it was the person's evil twin because they're acting so unlike themselves.

I agree. Thaao, by nature, seems to be a somewhat overly dramatic type of guy and that's fine by me. But I do appreciate his honesty about how things have gone down and the fact that he didn't pull any punches.

Just six months or so ago we seemed to be headed toward a potentially good story with EJ and Tony teaming up against Stefano and John to wrestle control of the DiMera family name and holdings. WTH ever happened to that is beyond me - and dropping it was a damned shame. It would have given all the players some really interesting work - away from the hystrionics of hidden pregnancies/stolen babies for EJ and basically nothing for the others. A total waste of the talent they had on hand, IMO.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Actors, by nature, seem to be egoists, imo. But, I think it is also very human to be angry about being canned. Who likes to be fired? What soap actor would like their exit story to be all about teasing the audience that the villainess is about to be exposed only to be short-circuited into an ignominious and anti-climactic death? Tony was a dramatic and over the top character who should have gone out with the story being about TONY. But I see that all the exits are either unremarkable or downright sad, in terms of any nod to the actors long service or to the fans who have supported them for so long.

I will miss Tony and Thaao.

thanks for the post!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 31 2009, 06:45 AM
Mikegoldy
Mar 31 2009, 01:23 AM
Mason
Mar 30 2009, 11:17 PM
It's not like this was a friggen' press release. It was on his own damn website, for God's sakes, LoL! He should be able to say whatever he wants there without people getting into a snit about it.
Of course he can say whatever he wants. Just like we can have an opinion on what he says. seems pretty simple to me
When did I say you couldn't?
You said it was his own website and could say whatever he wanted. I agree with you. But it came across as though people shouldn't be able to react to what he said. Or that is how I took it :)

andromeda
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Mar 31 2009, 12:34 AM
LOL! Of course he would want the hoochies to write the show. Every scene would be of Thaao fencing with himself. :puke:
:puke: ROFL no thanks :wave:

Hoochie21
Member Avatar

Hahaha! I loved that post! Thaao is the man!

I already miss him...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply