Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sara Bibel interviews JKJ, Hennig, Burnett
Topic Started: Mar 31 2009, 11:03 AM (2,048 Views)
Charmqn
Member Avatar

God, why is this triangle still going...put steph/phillip together and just ship melanie off somewhere far away from salem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview.

I enjoy these three and In really don't see the big deal concerning Melanie's age. For me, she acts older then she is and this show has done this before. Remember Sami and Austin? He was much older then her yet they played a triangle with them and Carrie. What about Bo and Hope? Bo looked much older then Hope and was written as older. It happens.

The thing I like is how slowly they've built it up. They aren't forcing it on people and I like how who the characters are is playing a role in the story. Philip's conflict over being like his father or being his own man, Stephanie's struggle with whether or not she can love Philip for who he, and Melanie's struggling to make something of herself. I think the show is doing a fine job so far. I just wish they would focus on it a bit more now because all the focus has been on Philip and the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff, which I think will be used to help further the triangle. Now that the feud is established, they can go back to the triangle a little bit. I feel like they wanted to focus a great deal on Philip and his inner conflict because I think part of the reason Jay nearly quit was because of the writing for his character. I think what we've been seeing was a response to some of the concerns he may have had.

Fun interview. Love all three and look forward to what they will bring in the future.

PHELLE FOREVER

i agree with those who are in the Philip/Melanie camp. And I also agree with the majority who say JKJ and SH have zero sexual chemistry, while JKJ and MB have loads of chemistry! :hail:

libra67

I am completely in the Philip/Stephanie Camp :cheer: I see zero chemistry between Philip and Melanie and tons between Philip and Stephanie. If the show wanted Mel to be a viable match for Philip she should have been made older and a whole lot more mature. JMO

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Apr 1 2009, 06:23 PM
I enjoy these three and In really don't see the big deal concerning Melanie's age. For me, she acts older then she is and this show has done this before. Remember Sami and Austin? He was much older then her yet they played a triangle with them and Carrie. What about Bo and Hope? Bo looked much older then Hope and was written as older. It happens.
And I found Sami being in a triangle with Austin and Carrie unconvincing then too. I no more saw why Austin would have any interest in Sami than I see why Philip has any interest in Melanie.

And as for Melanie acting older than her age of 18 (which the show has clearly established) . . . haven't you been one of the ones claiming recently that the show WASN'T trying to play her off as mature, lol? I thought you were praising the fact that she got outplayed by Tony and EJ and that she realized she was just a kid trying to play a grownup's game, and that the show wasn't trying to pretend she was some sexy adult vixen type who all the men melt over. If that wasn't you, then I apologize.

Regardless of an actual age difference though, I still don't see why Philip Kiriakis, who is loaded and hot and has way more life experience, would waste his time with Melanie. If he wants a beautiful younger woman, Stephanie fits the bill a lot better than Melanie. But I guess if he wants an obnoxious teenager who thinks she's smarter than she is and isn't particularly pretty, then it explains the Melanie attraction.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply