Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe tells Sami he's leaving!; April 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM (8,271 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Galen Gering is interviewed in this week's SOW.

Sami tells Rafe she's changed her mind regarding Grace. She's talked to Sister Theresa, and she's realized her baby needs a father, so she's decided to tell EJ that he's the father. Gering says that this happens "after Rafe has invested all this thought and time and formulated a plan to keep Grace safe". Rafe tells Sami that it's not a good idea to tell EJ he's the father, for the same reasons that Sami has used in the past, such as the DiMera family.

Sami then tells Rafe that it's not his decision to make, it's hers. Gering says "it makes Rafe feel like crap, like he isn't really that important to Sami or part of her life at all".

Rafe leaves angrily, and Caroline comes to visit Sami. Their conversation turns to the fact that Caroline regrets having kept Bo's paternity a secret.

Rafe, meanwhile, goes to talk to Sister Theresa. He meets Sister Agnes, and she tells him that Sister Theresa only suggested to Sami what was in Sami's heart to begin with.

Rafe goes back to see Sami, and they apologize to each other. He tells her that the two of them "just don't work" and that neither of them is to blame; "it's just a complicated situation." Sami tells Rafe she needs him, but then Rafe tells Sami she loves EJ.

As Gering says, "Sami says that's BS. She tells Rafe he's crazy - that if she was in love with EJ, she wouldn't be there with him." Rafe doesn't believe her, though. Gering says that Rafe is having a hard time, because his heart is telling him that Sami is "amazing" and that he loves her and she loves him, and that he might never feel like this again. But "his head is telling him to go. He's been through this before. It's a really difficult situation, and there's no way he can win."

Rafe then gets a job and a plane ticket to leave Salem. Gering says, "things are looking bleak."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Oh please we all know he's gonna stay. My advice to Rafe is to haul azz and never look back. Get away now while you can before that twit destroys you!!
Edited by Nicole Walker, Apr 1 2009, 11:06 AM.

Mason

If only this were for real.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ...

Ellie

Mason
Apr 1 2009, 11:09 AM
LOL - the cover has "Days hunk: I'm leaving!" and I was like, oooh, who is it? I open the magazine only to find it's Rafe. :rolleyes:

peaches179

I don't know who's more boring. Philip/Stephanie or Rafe/Sami. Ugh!

Thanks, Ellie!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Apr 1 2009, 11:14 AM
Mason
LOL - the cover has "Days hunk: I'm leaving!" and I was like, oooh, who is it? I open the magazine only to find it's Rafe. :rolleyes:
Did you think that a misleading title, lol?

Thanks for posting!

peaches179

Ellie
Apr 1 2009, 11:14 AM
Mason

LOL!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

OMG this can't be 4real.

Or something to that effect.

This is the best they can come up with? You have a blank canvas (Rafe) a new relationship and inherent tension in the fact that he's planning to raise another man's baby, or whatever. I give them...minor credit for involving Caroline and touching on that aspect of things but damn- what more do they need to come up with something decent?

And I used to love Sweeney but I'm cringing at the idea of Sami + angst over this. It's just...bleah.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie. Color me shocked that SOW printed a misleading cover. :P

Rafe sounds like a big baby. :rolleyes:

cjknick
Member Avatar

peaches179
Apr 1 2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks, Ellie!
They really need to rethink the pairings they currently have none of them are working. Sami and Rafe are boring as hell. EJ and Nicole are doomed, Chloe and Lucas never ever worked, Stephanie and Phillip were interesting at first and then fell flat. Chloe and Daniel worked I suppose they could go back to them - but the Drama is kind of gone with them too. Brady and Nicole could be interesting except he is living with Victor isn't he? And if they pair them up that would require a new set. EJ, Max, Lucas all soon will probably be without partners. New girl is coming who knows who's orbit she'll be in.

SafeFan

Thanks for posting.

esp13
Member Avatar

cjknick
Apr 1 2009, 11:33 AM
peaches179
Apr 1 2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks, Ellie!
They really need to rethink the pairings they currently have none of them are working. Sami and Rafe are boring as hell. EJ and Nicole are doomed, Chloe and Lucas never ever worked, Stephanie and Phillip were interesting at first and then fell flat. Chloe and Daniel worked I suppose they could go back to them - but the Drama is kind of gone with them too. Brady and Nicole could be interesting except he is living with Victor isn't he? And if they pair them up that would require a new set. EJ, Max, Lucas all soon will probably be without partners. New girl is coming who knows who's orbit she'll be in.
I actually disagree. I've liked Sami better with Rafe (at least since their return to Salem) than I have liked her in a long time. I like EJ and Nicole, doomed or not, and being "doomed" doesn't equal "not working." I do agree that Chloe and Lucas have pretty much never worked, but as a semi-triangle with Daniel still in the picture and with Kate plotting and scheming, it's more interesting than I thought it would be.

Overall, I like the storylines that are going now (aside from Bo's vomit-inducing visions) and most the pairings or potential pairings (anything involving Philip/Melanie or Brady/Melanie aside).

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

:x Who cares about Rafe??I certainly do not,,,and I too wish it were true he was leaving...geez,what a ffing bore.Luis number two...thats ALL I see.I cannot believe we are still having this boring ass character forced,upon us..it s bullshit

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mbdimera
Apr 1 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for posting Ellie. Color me shocked that SOW printed a misleading cover. :P

Rafe sounds like a big baby. :rolleyes:
Word!

They've shared - what? Two kisses? And he's heartbroken at losing this amazing 'love'? :eyeroll:

We all know he's not leaving and I like the actor well enough. But here's hoping they flesh out his story way more than they have so far because at this point he really is coming across as quite the bore.

Shasta

Sami is right... what she does or doesn't do regarding her children is NONE of Rafe's business. He annoys the heck out of me, getting angry at her for making her own decisions and storming out (this will be the second time he does this *eye roll*) PUHLEEZE! What an immature man. He clearly knows Sami does love EJ, despite her protestations...he needs to just move on with his own life right now and stop trying to be Sami's hero.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Rafe then gets a job and a plane ticket to leave Salem. Gering says, "things are looking bleak."

Oh I hope this is a soapy scene when one is about to leave town and other chases after them. Throw in a romantic kiss in the rain and I would be in soap heaven. :wub:

Thank you Ellie for the article.

ginababe
BANNED

I know a certain "arianna" is coming town, she seems to be a perfect match for Rafe, how's about a Rarianna pairing?? ;)

aimees76
Member Avatar

I'm starting to really dislike Sami. First she begs Rafe to stay in her life, and help her with Grace. She said that she couldn't do it without him. She told him repeatedly that she needed him. She drilled it into his head that the Dimera's were pure evil. She smacked him when he believed her father about the Dimera's because he hadn't believed her. Now that he is totally on board and making sacrifices in his own life to help her, like she begged him to, she decides that EJ should know about Grace and Rafe should mind his own business??!!?? Bipolar much? WTF Sami.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Haahahahahhahaa... I really cant help but smile.

Rafe is not going anywhere.. and while I expect the road to happyness for "Safe" will have plenty of bumps,twists and turns.. I do believe its in the works. And .. It helps that Alison Sweeney LOVES working with him, and Has implied that she was not a fan of the Ejami pairing.
Safe has a HUGE fanbase, and they are only a few months into him being there.

Im not surprised that the posts of those hoping he leaves and not liking Rafe, or "Safe" are ofcourse "Ejami's".. He is competition to their prefered couple.
And ofcourse they wont admit thats why they dont like him.. Its always because .. "Oh he is boring" or blahh..He is not as hot as the hunky Brit.. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) or they have no chemistry, He is *Controlling*. (That makes me laugh.. I could post some clips of EJ's brand of *Controlling*) Or... He has some evil dark past, or my favorite, he is "Romans son" and related.. They dont like his voice, or his hair , or .. well...pick something *LOL* when really they simply dont like competition.
The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply