Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]



Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe tells Sami he's leaving!; April 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM (8,159 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Apr 1 2009, 02:18 PM

The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
Actually, the plain truth is neither you or I or any of the rest of us on here are writing the show so making absolute statements about what will or won't happen still doesn't make it so.

If there is one thing I've learned over the years is that nothing is guaranteed. Just because a character has been written in a particular way in the past doesn't mean it will continue - particularly when you are talking about completely different writing teams. It's a sometimes irritating aspect of watching Soaps - how many of us have complained about actions or storylines being out of character? I personally don't think Sami has been writtin 'in character', or at least what I perceive to be her character, for quite a while. I prefer Sami to be more feisty and even downright cut throat than the version we currently see - it was much more fun.

People will react to articles/spoilers/speculations based on how they feel about certain characters or storylines. That's just human nature. You just did it yourself. So what? :shrug: I like GG well enough. I never watched Passions so I didn't have a preconceived notion of him. I also didn't watch AMC so I had no opinion of JS before he joined DAYS. I now believe strongly that the chemistry that exists between AS and JS far exceeds any chemistry I've seen either of them have with other actors. It's off the chart. So I want to see my favorite pairing finally wind up together and have been talking about it, campaigning for it and generally making as much noise about it as I possibly can for nearly three years. Me and a whole bunch of other folks of like mind. I'm sure the Safe/Rafe fans will do the same, just as the Lumis have and the Jarlenas, Jates, Bopes and Paylas have and still do. But even with all of that we're all still at the mercy of the writer's pen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
cjknick
Member Avatar


Taelyn
Apr 1 2009, 02:18 PM
Haahahahahhahaa... I really cant help but smile.

Rafe is not going anywhere.. and while I expect the road to happyness for "Safe" will have plenty of bumps,twists and turns.. I do believe its in the works. And .. It helps that Alison Sweeney LOVES working with him, and Has implied that she was not a fan of the Ejami pairing.
Safe has a HUGE fanbase, and they are only a few months into him being there.

Im not surprised that the posts of those hoping he leaves and not liking Rafe, or "Safe" are ofcourse "Ejami's".. He is competition to their prefered couple.
And ofcourse they wont admit thats why they dont like him.. Its always because .. "Oh he is boring" or blahh..He is not as hot as the hunky Brit.. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) or they have no chemistry, He is *Controlling*. (That makes me laugh.. I could post some clips of EJ's brand of *Controlling*) Or... He has some evil dark past, or my favorite, he is "Romans son" and related.. They dont like his voice, or his hair , or .. well...pick something *LOL* when really they simply dont like competition.
The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
In my opinion EJ is the only man Sami have really ever truly loved and it scares her! Rafe is just another Austin, Lucas and Brandon IMO!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Alligato
Member Avatar


Thanks Ellie!

And aimee - I just want to retype your post because it is so true! The character of Sami used to make me love to hate her...now I just hate her. There is no rhyme or reason to anything she does, and I haven't bought any of her motivations or "man using" for the past two years. She hasn't had chemistry with ANYONE!!!
Her character is a boil on the butt of Days of Our Lives.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
shytstarter
Member Avatar


Taelyn
Apr 1 2009, 02:18 PM
Haahahahahhahaa... I really cant help but smile.

Rafe is not going anywhere.. and while I expect the road to happyness for "Safe" will have plenty of bumps,twists and turns.. I do believe its in the works. And .. It helps that Alison Sweeney LOVES working with him, and Has implied that she was not a fan of the Ejami pairing.
Safe has a HUGE fanbase, and they are only a few months into him being there.

Im not surprised that the posts of those hoping he leaves and not liking Rafe, or "Safe" are ofcourse "Ejami's".. He is competition to their prefered couple.
And ofcourse they wont admit thats why they dont like him.. Its always because .. "Oh he is boring" or blahh..He is not as hot as the hunky Brit.. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) or they have no chemistry, He is *Controlling*. (That makes me laugh.. I could post some clips of EJ's brand of *Controlling*) Or... He has some evil dark past, or my favorite, he is "Romans son" and related.. They dont like his voice, or his hair , or .. well...pick something *LOL* when really they simply dont like competition.
The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
I am not a Safe fan, but your post made me smile because I totally see your point and have seen this all over the internet. I don't see how anyone can call Rafe creepy, a stalker, obsessed or even controlling for that matter unless there was a hidden agenda. Some of the speculation about Rafe is just so out there, that I won't even bother to repeat it lest I come off like a loon for even reading past the first sentence of some postings I have seen on the world wide web.

People are free to believe what they want, but sometimes I feel as if some are watching through some kind of x-ray specs that I don't have access to, because I have no idea where they are picking up this stuff.

Whatever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
cjknick
Member Avatar


shytstarter
Apr 1 2009, 02:48 PM
Taelyn
Apr 1 2009, 02:18 PM
Haahahahahhahaa... I really cant help but smile.

Rafe is not going anywhere.. and while I expect the road to happyness for "Safe" will have plenty of bumps,twists and turns.. I do believe its in the works. And .. It helps that Alison Sweeney LOVES working with him, and Has implied that she was not a fan of the Ejami pairing.
Safe has a HUGE fanbase, and they are only a few months into him being there.

Im not surprised that the posts of those hoping he leaves and not liking Rafe, or "Safe" are ofcourse "Ejami's".. He is competition to their prefered couple.
And ofcourse they wont admit thats why they dont like him.. Its always because .. "Oh he is boring" or blahh..He is not as hot as the hunky Brit.. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) or they have no chemistry, He is *Controlling*. (That makes me laugh.. I could post some clips of EJ's brand of *Controlling*) Or... He has some evil dark past, or my favorite, he is "Romans son" and related.. They dont like his voice, or his hair , or .. well...pick something *LOL* when really they simply dont like competition.
The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
I am not a Safe fan, but your post made me smile because I totally see your point and have seen this all over the internet. I don't see how anyone can call Rafe creepy, a stalker, obsessed or even controlling for that matter unless there was a hidden agenda. Some of the speculation about Rafe is just so out there, that I won't even bother to repeat it lest I come off like a loon for even reading past the first sentence of some postings I have seen on the world wide web.

People are free to believe what they want, but sometimes I feel as if some are watching through some kind of x-ray specs that I don't have access to, because I have no idea where they are picking up this stuff.

Whatever.
There will always be speculation about what Rafe is all about. But the number one complaint I have seen about Rafe is that he is BORING! The problem is after 6 months we know nothing about Rafe - nothing! He has been Sami's sidekick and not much else - come on folks you can love Galen - After six months this is what we know about Rafe, he was an FBI agent who was raised by nuns and that's it! Rafe is so underdeveloped as a character it is pathetic. The speculation about Rafe being this or that is at least interesting compared to the actual character IMO!

Seriously - what is his appeal? That he is a nice guy with good looks??? Well that description can fit any male extra on the show! What makes him interesting?

I know many will say that he saved Sami .... well big deal - the guy was her body guard he got paid to do that and he did it rather poorly! In fact instead of getting an award from the FBI he got FIRED!
Edited by cjknick, Apr 1 2009, 03:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
SoapGal1
Member Avatar


cjknick
Apr 1 2009, 02:51 PM
shytstarter
Apr 1 2009, 02:48 PM
Taelyn
Apr 1 2009, 02:18 PM
Haahahahahhahaa... I really cant help but smile.

Rafe is not going anywhere.. and while I expect the road to happyness for "Safe" will have plenty of bumps,twists and turns.. I do believe its in the works. And .. It helps that Alison Sweeney LOVES working with him, and Has implied that she was not a fan of the Ejami pairing.
Safe has a HUGE fanbase, and they are only a few months into him being there.

Im not surprised that the posts of those hoping he leaves and not liking Rafe, or "Safe" are ofcourse "Ejami's".. He is competition to their prefered couple.
And ofcourse they wont admit thats why they dont like him.. Its always because .. "Oh he is boring" or blahh..He is not as hot as the hunky Brit.. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) or they have no chemistry, He is *Controlling*. (That makes me laugh.. I could post some clips of EJ's brand of *Controlling*) Or... He has some evil dark past, or my favorite, he is "Romans son" and related.. They dont like his voice, or his hair , or .. well...pick something *LOL* when really they simply dont like competition.
The plain truth is... When Sami wants a man.. she fights for him.. she does not walk away.. She does not "DENY" her feelings, she will go to ANY length to get him in fact. Uhhh thats not her approach with EJ .. because while she may have some "Sort" of feelings for him based on his being a good father to her kids. She does not truly love him.

Rafe is here to stay.. This whole plot line is an opportunity for Sami to put her past with EJ in perspective, and realize the truth .. and then do what Sami does best. """Go after her Man"""
>>>>> Rafe.
I am not a Safe fan, but your post made me smile because I totally see your point and have seen this all over the internet. I don't see how anyone can call Rafe creepy, a stalker, obsessed or even controlling for that matter unless there was a hidden agenda. Some of the speculation about Rafe is just so out there, that I won't even bother to repeat it lest I come off like a loon for even reading past the first sentence of some postings I have seen on the world wide web.

People are free to believe what they want, but sometimes I feel as if some are watching through some kind of x-ray specs that I don't have access to, because I have no idea where they are picking up this stuff.

Whatever.
There will always be speculation about what Rafe is all about. But the number one complaint I have seen about Rafe is that he is BORING! The problem is after 6 months we know nothing about Rafe - nothing! He has been Sami's sidekick and not much else - come on folks you can love Galen - After six months this is what we know about Rafe, he was an FBI agent who was raised by nuns and that's it! Rafe is so underdeveloped as a character it is pathetic. The speculation about Rafe being this or that is at least interesting compared to the actual character IMO!

Seriously - what is his appeal? That he is a nice guy with good looks??? Well that description can fit any male extra on the show! What makes him interesting?

I know many will say that he saved Sami .... well big deal - the guy was her body guard he got paid to do that and he did it rather poorly! In fact instead of getting an award from the FBI he got FIRED!
I'm with you cj!! And for the record YES I'm an EJAMI fan and NO I don't think that Rafe is some sort of sinister person. He's not interesting enough!! He's just plain boring and as far as GG goes, I'm sure he's a great guy, but his acting is just so-so. I'll give ya one to use for the next post I think Rafe is Ray Romano looking for a day job!! :P That's who he reminds me of. There is just no "spark" there in my opinion. And that's what it all boils down to.........our OPINIONS. None of us have a crystal ball to see what's going to happen. We all have our people we "like" together and clearly the above mentioned is a "safe" fan. My opinion of the character of Rafe isn't even based on "my dislike" for him........it's that he draws NOTHING out of me....no reaction......he's just there. I haven't seen his character have any chemistry with ANYONE yet, most of all Sami. JMO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I love these two more and more every day.

I love the development of their relationship. This is classic soap IMO. Can't wait for this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar


Yeah, I've also read the crap placed on the feet of the newest Sami cheerleader!

Just observing that there's a lot of outside (and WEB) interest in SAFE. Rafe is of course not going anywhere soon. Why would they hire GG and pair him with AS if they were not going to invest in this pairing?

Why would Sami worry about Rafe's past? Look at hers? Little like throwing stones. Really, what people could come up with..stalker? pedophile? Yeah, right...you want creepy, how about having the hots for your rapist????

Have fun SAFE with your couple! I say more power to ya! Who wouldnt want to date a hunk like Rafe...sure a little dim, but Sami's not the best catch in Salem!LOL
Liz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
shellybean77
Member Avatar


With the storyline as it is, (Nicole being the one who knows the truth), Sami has to start feeling this way or we will have to wait for some life threatening illness to strike one of the baby girls before paternity is ever questioned. I think this is too make us all root for the truth to come out no matter who we want to be together, and that is exactly what needs to happen. Who wants Sami to raise Grace til she's a teenager to only find out she's not her biological child? Or Sydney to be raised by Nicole to find out she's Sami's daughter?This story reminds me of when Lexie took Zach. Hope and Bo loved J.T. but that did not take away from there desire to want to love their biological child. I remember K.A. did a wonderful job when they lost J.T. I cried right along with her. I'm sure Allison will do a bang up job with this storyline as will A.Z. giving up Sydney.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
cjknick
Member Avatar


I never watched Passion's and I think a lot of support for Safe and the Rafe character is possibly from those cross over Luis/Galen fans. But I am glad they are here because I think they have helped with the ratings. The writers have had since the first part of November to build this character of Rafe and they have not given us much to watch IMO - dark looks and a bye-golly grin and his oh shucks mannerisms may be appealing to some fans but I just don't get it myself. Not yet anyway the more they develop this character I may change my mind. As far as Sami and Rafe I think they will make them a couple soon whether or not they will last remains to be seen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mason


Sami and Rafe won't last. I'm sure by this time next year, they'll have brought on yet another new man for Sami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Manda1


JANALH
Apr 1 2009, 04:12 PM
cjknick
Apr 1 2009, 02:51 PM
shytstarter
Apr 1 2009, 02:48 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
There will always be speculation about what Rafe is all about. But the number one complaint I have seen about Rafe is that he is BORING! The problem is after 6 months we know nothing about Rafe - nothing! He has been Sami's sidekick and not much else - come on folks you can love Galen - After six months this is what we know about Rafe, he was an FBI agent who was raised by nuns and that's it! Rafe is so underdeveloped as a character it is pathetic. The speculation about Rafe being this or that is at least interesting compared to the actual character IMO!

Seriously - what is his appeal? That he is a nice guy with good looks??? Well that description can fit any male extra on the show! What makes him interesting?

I know many will say that he saved Sami .... well big deal - the guy was her body guard he got paid to do that and he did it rather poorly! In fact instead of getting an award from the FBI he got FIRED!
I'm with you cj!! And for the record YES I'm an EJAMI fan and NO I don't think that Rafe is some sort of sinister person. He's not interesting enough!! He's just plain boring and as far as GG goes, I'm sure he's a great guy, but his acting is just so-so. I'll give ya one to use for the next post I think Rafe is Ray Romano looking for a day job!! :P That's who he reminds me of. There is just no "spark" there in my opinion. And that's what it all boils down to.........our OPINIONS. None of us have a crystal ball to see what's going to happen. We all have our people we "like" together and clearly the above mentioned is a "safe" fan. My opinion of the character of Rafe isn't even based on "my dislike" for him........it's that he draws NOTHING out of me....no reaction......he's just there. I haven't seen his character have any chemistry with ANYONE yet, most of all Sami. JMO
I can tell you that I never watched Passions etc. But the appeal of Rafe is - there is no rape, torture baggage with Sami and therefore the potential for something new rather that the boring lumi/ejami merry go round. What make's Rafe interesting is that there is still a past to be discovered....I think part of why ejami's in particular are so keen to find out is so that they might have something grounded in actual 'evidence' to attack the character with rather that all the speculation there has been about him. Many were hoping he was her brother at the begining and saying he'd make a great friend, hoping he was Roman's son and in effect killing the chance of any Safe pairing.

Most of the fans of the show are female - so a good man - and that is what Rafe has been portrayed as being kind and supportive to Sami to date in comparison to the other 2 men in her recent past - is attractive, it's the fairytale. But give the writers time they may eventually balance the score of disgusting hateful things in the Safe relationship to match ejami but I think it's a long ways off and there is always the chance they will never mess up the Safe story as badly as they have with the lumi/ejami ones. imo

And as far as boring and dull? for me that is them wasting air time putting Sami and EJ in the same scenes to talk about nothing in particular that leads nowhere - how many scenes have they been in since she's been out of WPP and how far has their story progressed? EJ is still TOTALLY in the dark about Grace and oblivious to her existence. Call Safe boring? at least WPP is over, he has come to Salem, they have been discussing getting Grace to Salem, they have admitted caring for each other, We know there is a past involving a woman and some drama to be discovered, Rafe is now Grace's Godfather, Grace is in Salem...it may be slow moving but at least it is moving :lol: .. Can you say the same for the ejami storyline?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
SoapGal1
Member Avatar


Manda1
Apr 1 2009, 10:35 PM
And as far as boring and dull? for me that is them wasting air time putting Sami and EJ in the same scenes to talk about nothing in particular that leads nowhere - how many scenes have they been in since she's been out of WPP and how far has their story progressed? EJ is still TOTALLY in the dark about Grace and oblivious to her existence. Call Safe boring? at least WPP is over, he has come to Salem, they have been discussing getting Grace to Salem, they have admitted caring for each other, We know there is a past involving a woman and some drama to be discovered, Rafe is now Grace's Godfather, Grace is in Salem...it may be slow moving but at least it is moving :lol: .. Can you say the same for the ejami storyline?
Ummm, actually yeah I can.............who is the focus on all this going on???? When Sami & Rafe kissed who was the camera focused on???? That would be EJ. The only chemistry showing on screen between any of those you mentioned (Lucas, Rafe, Sami, EJ) is between EJ and Sami. The WHOLE focus is on them and about their reactions to the situations... EJ's reaction to Sami saying apart of her will always love him, EJ's reaction to Sami kissing Rafe, Sami's & EJ's discussion about the profound effect each other has had on the other's life..., Sami's reaction to EJ's trying to protect her from someone trying to take Grace away from her, etc. We will continue to see THEIR reactions to one another........The spoilers continue to focus on EJ and Sami's reactions to one another. The focus on all this.......Nicole and her plots to keep Sidney's parentage a secret to Sami trying to justify keeping EJ in the dark all go back to EJ and Sami and their feelings for one another. Who are the two people who are constantly being kept apart by their own or other's mechanisms???? EJ and Sami.

I'm sorry, but I can't see it as any other story but EJ and Sami. They are the "root for" couple. They are the ones torn apart by lies and deceit. If what I'm saying is true, we will start to see Sami feel like she made a mistake in keeping EJ in the dark about their baby. She will start to slowly realize that she is in love with him. Rafe will slowly become the interloper and try to steer Sami away from EJ. That's the story I'm seeing unfolding. Albeit, not without flaws. We don't have the cream of the crop when it comes to writers that's for sure, but give or take some back steps with the story, that's what's been going on since Aug 2008. Actually if you want to be technical, since Feb 2008 when the scene of Santeen intertwined with EJAMI. That's the story and I'm sticking to it...............flaws and all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
mesagirl
Member Avatar


I saw more chemisty between Lucas and Sami when Lucas gave her that incredibly sweet kiss on her cheek today, than I have ever seen between EJ and Sami. There was more love and concern in Lucas and Sami's exchange today than there has ever been between EJami. I also don't see how a pairing where the man has raped the woman and tried to kill off her family members could ever be considered the "root for" couple, much less a couple to begin with.

I will always be a Lumi fan deep down lol, but I have no problem seeing Sami ending up with Rafe instead of Lucas. What I can't stomach however, is Sami ending up with the man that completely terrorized her and her family for 2 + years. There's nothing fairytale or romantic about getting raped, blackmailed, terrorized and stalked. Not to me anyway. :shrug:

Rafe isn't going anywhere.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Manda1


JANALH
Apr 1 2009, 11:42 PM
Manda1
Apr 1 2009, 10:35 PM
And as far as boring and dull? for me that is them wasting air time putting Sami and EJ in the same scenes to talk about nothing in particular that leads nowhere - how many scenes have they been in since she's been out of WPP and how far has their story progressed? EJ is still TOTALLY in the dark about Grace and oblivious to her existence. Call Safe boring? at least WPP is over, he has come to Salem, they have been discussing getting Grace to Salem, they have admitted caring for each other, We know there is a past involving a woman and some drama to be discovered, Rafe is now Grace's Godfather, Grace is in Salem...it may be slow moving but at least it is moving :lol: .. Can you say the same for the ejami storyline?
Ummm, actually yeah I can.............who is the focus on all this going on???? When Sami & Rafe kissed who was the camera focused on???? That would be EJ. The only chemistry showing on screen between any of those you mentioned (Lucas, Rafe, Sami, EJ) is between EJ and Sami. The WHOLE focus is on them and about their reactions to the situations... EJ's reaction to Sami saying apart of her will always love him, EJ's reaction to Sami kissing Rafe, Sami's & EJ's discussion about the profound effect each other has had on the other's life..., Sami's reaction to EJ's trying to protect her from someone trying to take Grace away from her, etc. We will continue to see THEIR reactions to one another........The spoilers continue to focus on EJ and Sami's reactions to one another. The focus on all this.......Nicole and her plots to keep Sidney's parentage a secret to Sami trying to justify keeping EJ in the dark all go back to EJ and Sami and their feelings for one another. Who are the two people who are constantly being kept apart by their own or other's mechanisms???? EJ and Sami.

I'm sorry, but I can't see it as any other story but EJ and Sami. They are the "root for" couple. They are the ones torn apart by lies and deceit. If what I'm saying is true, we will start to see Sami feel like she made a mistake in keeping EJ in the dark about their baby. She will start to slowly realize that she is in love with him. Rafe will slowly become the interloper and try to steer Sami away from EJ. That's the story I'm seeing unfolding. Albeit, not without flaws. We don't have the cream of the crop when it comes to writers that's for sure, but give or take some back steps with the story, that's what's been going on since Aug 2008. Actually if you want to be technical, since Feb 2008 when the scene of Santeen intertwined with EJAMI. That's the story and I'm sticking to it...............flaws and all.


It is Sami's lies and deceit that have driven them apart!!!!!! :lol:
It's obviously in the eye of the beholder but IMO EJ is no closer to the truth that Sami is hiding
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Dawn7
Member Avatar


Thanks Ellie
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JANALH
Apr 1 2009, 11:42 PM
Manda1
Apr 1 2009, 10:35 PM
And as far as boring and dull? for me that is them wasting air time putting Sami and EJ in the same scenes to talk about nothing in particular that leads nowhere - how many scenes have they been in since she's been out of WPP and how far has their story progressed? EJ is still TOTALLY in the dark about Grace and oblivious to her existence. Call Safe boring? at least WPP is over, he has come to Salem, they have been discussing getting Grace to Salem, they have admitted caring for each other, We know there is a past involving a woman and some drama to be discovered, Rafe is now Grace's Godfather, Grace is in Salem...it may be slow moving but at least it is moving :lol: .. Can you say the same for the ejami storyline?
Ummm, actually yeah I can.............who is the focus on all this going on???? When Sami & Rafe kissed who was the camera focused on???? That would be EJ. The only chemistry showing on screen between any of those you mentioned (Lucas, Rafe, Sami, EJ) is between EJ and Sami. The WHOLE focus is on them and about their reactions to the situations... EJ's reaction to Sami saying apart of her will always love him, EJ's reaction to Sami kissing Rafe, Sami's & EJ's discussion about the profound effect each other has had on the other's life..., Sami's reaction to EJ's trying to protect her from someone trying to take Grace away from her, etc. We will continue to see THEIR reactions to one another........The spoilers continue to focus on EJ and Sami's reactions to one another. The focus on all this.......Nicole and her plots to keep Sidney's parentage a secret to Sami trying to justify keeping EJ in the dark all go back to EJ and Sami and their feelings for one another. Who are the two people who are constantly being kept apart by their own or other's mechanisms???? EJ and Sami.

I'm sorry, but I can't see it as any other story but EJ and Sami. They are the "root for" couple. They are the ones torn apart by lies and deceit. If what I'm saying is true, we will start to see Sami feel like she made a mistake in keeping EJ in the dark about their baby. She will start to slowly realize that she is in love with him. Rafe will slowly become the interloper and try to steer Sami away from EJ. That's the story I'm seeing unfolding. Albeit, not without flaws. We don't have the cream of the crop when it comes to writers that's for sure, but give or take some back steps with the story, that's what's been going on since Aug 2008. Actually if you want to be technical, since Feb 2008 when the scene of Santeen intertwined with EJAMI. That's the story and I'm sticking to it...............flaws and all.
Great post! :cheers:

I couldn't agree more. It's undeniable that EJami are the focus of this story. Sami has made a ridiculously stupid mistake in not telling EJ about their baby, but they've written in motivation, and continue to drive home, why she has been afraid to do so. And they are both victims of the deception Nicole has pulled and continues to manipulate them with. As a EJami fan I can't tell you how much I wish they had gone a different direction - but they didn't, so here we are. Dena made comments last Fall that the EJami fans should hold on - and it remains clear to me that this story is building to an eventual EJami pairing. We're no where close to there yet, and once Nicole is out of the way Rafe will have to be dealt with. But I do believe it will happen - and I feel the character of Rafe will wind up with a broken heart. I don't think it is accidental that the baby he is bonding with so closely is not the one that EJ and Sami will wind up sharing and raising...together. Of course, that's just my speculation - but all the signs I see are leading us there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
cjknick
Member Avatar


SocRMum1
Apr 2 2009, 07:44 AM
JANALH
Apr 1 2009, 11:42 PM
Manda1
Apr 1 2009, 10:35 PM
And as far as boring and dull? for me that is them wasting air time putting Sami and EJ in the same scenes to talk about nothing in particular that leads nowhere - how many scenes have they been in since she's been out of WPP and how far has their story progressed? EJ is still TOTALLY in the dark about Grace and oblivious to her existence. Call Safe boring? at least WPP is over, he has come to Salem, they have been discussing getting Grace to Salem, they have admitted caring for each other, We know there is a past involving a woman and some drama to be discovered, Rafe is now Grace's Godfather, Grace is in Salem...it may be slow moving but at least it is moving :lol: .. Can you say the same for the ejami storyline?
Ummm, actually yeah I can.............who is the focus on all this going on???? When Sami & Rafe kissed who was the camera focused on???? That would be EJ. The only chemistry showing on screen between any of those you mentioned (Lucas, Rafe, Sami, EJ) is between EJ and Sami. The WHOLE focus is on them and about their reactions to the situations... EJ's reaction to Sami saying apart of her will always love him, EJ's reaction to Sami kissing Rafe, Sami's & EJ's discussion about the profound effect each other has had on the other's life..., Sami's reaction to EJ's trying to protect her from someone trying to take Grace away from her, etc. We will continue to see THEIR reactions to one another........The spoilers continue to focus on EJ and Sami's reactions to one another. The focus on all this.......Nicole and her plots to keep Sidney's parentage a secret to Sami trying to justify keeping EJ in the dark all go back to EJ and Sami and their feelings for one another. Who are the two people who are constantly being kept apart by their own or other's mechanisms???? EJ and Sami.

I'm sorry, but I can't see it as any other story but EJ and Sami. They are the "root for" couple. They are the ones torn apart by lies and deceit. If what I'm saying is true, we will start to see Sami feel like she made a mistake in keeping EJ in the dark about their baby. She will start to slowly realize that she is in love with him. Rafe will slowly become the interloper and try to steer Sami away from EJ. That's the story I'm seeing unfolding. Albeit, not without flaws. We don't have the cream of the crop when it comes to writers that's for sure, but give or take some back steps with the story, that's what's been going on since Aug 2008. Actually if you want to be technical, since Feb 2008 when the scene of Santeen intertwined with EJAMI. That's the story and I'm sticking to it...............flaws and all.
Great post! :cheers:

I couldn't agree more. It's undeniable that EJami are the focus of this story. Sami has made a ridiculously stupid mistake in not telling EJ about their baby, but they've written in motivation, and continue to drive home, why she has been afraid to do so. And they are both victims of the deception Nicole has pulled and continues to manipulate them with. As a EJami fan I can't tell you how much I wish they had gone a different direction - but they didn't, so here we are. Dena made comments last Fall that the EJami fans should hold on - and it remains clear to me that this story is building to an eventual EJami pairing. We're no where close to there yet, and once Nicole is out of the way Rafe will have to be dealt with. But I do believe it will happen - and I feel the character of Rafe will wind up with a broken heart. I don't think it is accidental that the baby he is bonding with so closely is not the one that EJ and Sami will wind up sharing and raising...together. Of course, that's just my speculation - but all the signs I see are leading us there.
I think the reason that Dena wrote this story this way was because of Ali's pregnancy. I don't think that the character of Rafe was well developed because it was not the way the story was orignally planned out. Here Ali is pregnant and taping two shows - the solution was to isolate her so she could tape in advance and they brought in this safe house/body guard storyline that woud allow for Sami not to interact with the characters who were taping at a different pace. The problem is that Dena never felt the need yet to develop this Rafe character. It's hard for me as a reader to get exited about a character that was introduced back in chapter 1 and by charpter 6 we still know nothing about the character. It gets a big who cares at this point. I think that is why people are speculative because the writers have given us nothing. I think that's why many of us think he's BORING. The writers IMO have not even created a sense of a great mystery here either. The other thing is that from the get go he has been tied to Sami - So is this going to be another Male character tied to the hip of Sami? Again how utterly Boring. At least in the case of EJ - the character was well developed, he had mystery at the beginning, he went thru stages of bad, good and everything inbetween, he was not tied to the Sami's character and had relationships with so many great characters from the get go. And for me those who say I like him because he's not EJ is not much of a ringing endorsement - that suggest that you don't have any concrete reason to like him based on this character and what this character has brought to this story. An anti-EJ reason is short sighted IMO.
Edited by cjknick, Apr 2 2009, 08:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
aimees76
Member Avatar


mesagirl
Apr 2 2009, 12:12 AM
I saw more chemisty between Lucas and Sami when Lucas gave her that incredibly sweet kiss on her cheek today, than I have ever seen between EJ and Sami. There was more love and concern in Lucas and Sami's exchange today than there has ever been between EJami. I also don't see how a pairing where the man has raped the woman and tried to kill off her family members could ever be considered the "root for" couple, much less a couple to begin with.

I will always be a Lumi fan deep down lol, but I have no problem seeing Sami ending up with Rafe instead of Lucas. What I can't stomach however, is Sami ending up with the man that completely terrorized her and her family for 2 + years. There's nothing fairytale or romantic about getting raped, blackmailed, terrorized and stalked. Not to me anyway. :shrug:

Rafe isn't going anywhere.
:applause: :werd:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Manda1


aimees76
Apr 2 2009, 11:35 AM
mesagirl
Apr 2 2009, 12:12 AM
I saw more chemisty between Lucas and Sami when Lucas gave her that incredibly sweet kiss on her cheek today, than I have ever seen between EJ and Sami. There was more love and concern in Lucas and Sami's exchange today than there has ever been between EJami. I also don't see how a pairing where the man has raped the woman and tried to kill off her family members could ever be considered the "root for" couple, much less a couple to begin with.

I will always be a Lumi fan deep down lol, but I have no problem seeing Sami ending up with Rafe instead of Lucas. What I can't stomach however, is Sami ending up with the man that completely terrorized her and her family for 2 + years. There's nothing fairytale or romantic about getting raped, blackmailed, terrorized and stalked. Not to me anyway. :shrug:

Rafe isn't going anywhere.
:applause: :werd:
:cheers: I totally agree.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply