Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe tells Sami he's leaving!; April 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM (8,304 Views)
mehmeh26

It kinda seems to me like they're setting this whole triangle up for a tug-of-war between EJ/Rafe once Nicole's secret is out and she is out of the picture.

None of Sami's relationships have ever fallen into place without something coming along and derailing everything.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

JANALH
Apr 1 2009, 04:12 PM
cjknick
Apr 1 2009, 02:51 PM
shytstarter
Apr 1 2009, 02:48 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
There will always be speculation about what Rafe is all about. But the number one complaint I have seen about Rafe is that he is BORING! The problem is after 6 months we know nothing about Rafe - nothing! He has been Sami's sidekick and not much else - come on folks you can love Galen - After six months this is what we know about Rafe, he was an FBI agent who was raised by nuns and that's it! Rafe is so underdeveloped as a character it is pathetic. The speculation about Rafe being this or that is at least interesting compared to the actual character IMO!

Seriously - what is his appeal? That he is a nice guy with good looks??? Well that description can fit any male extra on the show! What makes him interesting?

I know many will say that he saved Sami .... well big deal - the guy was her body guard he got paid to do that and he did it rather poorly! In fact instead of getting an award from the FBI he got FIRED!
I'm with you cj!! And for the record YES I'm an EJAMI fan and NO I don't think that Rafe is some sort of sinister person. He's not interesting enough!! He's just plain boring and as far as GG goes, I'm sure he's a great guy, but his acting is just so-so. I'll give ya one to use for the next post I think Rafe is Ray Romano looking for a day job!! :P That's who he reminds me of. There is just no "spark" there in my opinion. And that's what it all boils down to.........our OPINIONS. None of us have a crystal ball to see what's going to happen. We all have our people we "like" together and clearly the above mentioned is a "safe" fan. My opinion of the character of Rafe isn't even based on "my dislike" for him........it's that he draws NOTHING out of me....no reaction......he's just there. I haven't seen his character have any chemistry with ANYONE yet, most of all Sami. JMO
I agree with both CJ and Janal regarding Rafe.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

cjknick
Apr 1 2009, 09:18 PM
I never watched Passion's and I think a lot of support for Safe and the Rafe character is possibly from those cross over Luis/Galen fans. But I am glad they are here because I think they have helped with the ratings. The writers have had since the first part of November to build this character of Rafe and they have not given us much to watch IMO - dark looks and a bye-golly grin and his oh shucks mannerisms may be appealing to some fans but I just don't get it myself. Not yet anyway the more they develop this character I may change my mind. As far as Sami and Rafe I think they will make them a couple soon whether or not they will last remains to be seen.
Again, I agree with you CJ. Right now I would like to Sami struggle along by herself. She needs to get her shit together first.

Manda1

MCKELLY
Apr 2 2009, 08:03 PM
What is wrong with you people????

EJ has been redeemed. PLEASE PLEASE let go of the past as EVERYONE ELSE HAS.

Patch was redeemed for all his bad deeds, as was Jack for his and many others on this show. Why can't you let EJ be forgiven for his.

Move on already. Move the fuck on. (excuse my language)
move on from the rape you mean? :lol: Or do you mean the torture? :lol: or is it the other stuff? :lol: of course because EJ was brought to justice and already served time for all of his crimes? Why on earth should people keep bringing these crimes up? :drunk:

coffeelover

MCKELLY

Patch was redeemed for all his bad deeds, as was Jack for his and many others on this show. Why can't you let EJ be forgiven for his.

I agree! EJ may not have gone to prison but he paid the consequences when he took a bullet to the back and when he lost the love of his life Sami. Sometimes you don't go to prison in the traditional sense but EJ was punished and the greatest punishment of all is NICOLE - payback can be in the form of a "bitch"! And in this case that "bitch" is Nicole. Who by the way has never paid for any of her crimes.

So if everyone went to prison for their crimes in Salem. There would be hardly anyone left in Salem.
Edited by coffeelover, Apr 2 2009, 08:58 PM.

Nicole Walker

No the greatest punishment is having two women deceive you at the same time while they confide in other men. LOL.

coffeelover

Nicole Dimera
Apr 2 2009, 08:58 PM
No the greatest punishment is having two women deceive you at the same time while they confide in other men. LOL.
This is true too!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Don't let the door hit ya on the ass Fonzie.....Its only a matter of time, then bye bye!

MCKELLY

Uh did Patch go to jail or have to pay for his crimes or did he get to marry sweet Kayla and be forgiven by all?

How bout Jack Deveraux? Last time I checked, he raped Kayla, yet everybody forgave him and he was able to move on and have a family with Jennifer.

And while you are at it...watch how you use the word rape. Rape victims have NO choice and Sami sure as hell did. She CHOSE to have sex with EJ to save Lucas. Not that I care to have this argument yet again.

Why can't EJ be forgiven as many others have?

coffeelover

MCKELLY
Apr 2 2009, 09:14 PM
Uh did Patch go to jail or have to pay for his crimes or did he get to marry sweet Kayla and be forgiven by all?

How bout Jack Deveraux? Last time I checked, he raped Kayla, yet everybody forgave him and he was able to move on and have a family with Jennifer.

And while you are at it...watch how you use the word rape. Rape victims have NO choice and Sami sure as hell did. She CHOSE to have sex with EJ to save Lucas. Not that I care to have this argument yet again.

It's called if you hate EJ you can apply the old DOUBLE STANDARD rule! I have seen post by Lumi fans that all over EJ for yelling at Nicole today - but they are the same ones who defended Lucas last May when he screamed at Sami calling her a whore! Again they applied the DOUBLE STANDARD rule because they hate EJ!
Edited by coffeelover, Apr 2 2009, 09:27 PM.

mirabella

MCKELLY

Actually, Sami's right to make a choice was taken away from her. She was forced to have sex to save the man she loved.....that IS rape.

Alligato
Member Avatar

MCKELLY

Honey, YOU move the fuck on!

:soapbox:
If I want to remember EJ as a rapist, and not let it go, then that is my perrogative. If it makes you feel better to let it go so it pushes your agenda, by all means, feel better. Apparantly, not EVERYONE ELSE has let it go.

Lose your attitude, and let people enjoy/hate the characters they want to. You do.

ps - make sure you forgive Nicole too. I think because of her miscarriage, she is already redeemed too. :)

coffeelover

mirabella
Apr 2 2009, 09:28 PM
MCKELLY

Actually, Sami's right to make a choice was taken away from her. She was forced to have sex to save the man she loved.....that IS rape.
Why then did Sami make love to her rapist last May?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 2 2009, 09:28 PM
MCKELLY

Honey, YOU move the fuck on!

:soapbox:
If I want to remember EJ as a rapist, and not let it go, then that is my perrogative. If it makes you feel better to let it go so it pushes your agenda, by all means, feel better. Apparantly, not EVERYONE ELSE has let it go.

Lose your attitude, and let people enjoy/hate the characters they want to. You do.

ps - make sure you forgive Nicole too. I think because of her miscarriage, she is already redeemed too. :)
:rockon:

Another thing...Jack wasn't trolling after his victim!! His victim didnt have the hots for her rapist either!

But "E-crappy's" a "love" story, right??? Yeah.....right?!
Liz

MCKELLY

No Alligato - I don't have to hate fictional characters so give me a break. I just enjoy the show.

I'm not pushing any agenda...just saying let it go. Move on.

Alligato
Member Avatar

MCKELLY
Apr 2 2009, 09:35 PM
No Alligato - I don't have to hate fictional characters so give me a break. I just enjoy the show.

I enjoy the show too, McKelly. I really do...and that is why is just bothers me that it comes to this crazy "I am right. You are wrong. He is evil. No, she is evil-er" crap that comes up every so often.

I wish alot of things were just let go, and people would move on from pushing their agendas and couples...but it just ain't gonna happen.

Can't we just all get along and love this show together...without the "it was rape, no, it wasn't" shit that we go through every other day?

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, DAMMIT! Isn't it? Isn't that why we all come here? Or am I missing something?
Edited by Alligato, Apr 2 2009, 09:40 PM.

coffeelover

MCKELLY

Mckelly you have a valid argument about moving on! The show has moved on. And the whole rape argument became so so weak when Sami admitted to having feelings for EJ, then she made passionate love to EJ, then she wept when she let EJ go and has even said in the last few weeks that a part of her will always love EJ.

So if there are those who want to bring up that old rape argument - they can expect us to remind them that it is a moot point considering that the show and the characters have moved on.

MCKELLY

Alligato
Apr 2 2009, 09:39 PM
MCKELLY

I enjoy the show too, McKelly. I really do...and that is why is just bothers me that it comes to this crazy "I am right. You are wrong. He is evil. No, she is evil-er" crap that comes up every so often.

I wish alot of things were just let go, and people would move on from pushing their agendas and couples...but it just ain't gonna happen.

Can't we just all get along and love this show together...without the "it was rape, no, it wasn't" shit that we go through every other day?

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, DAMMIT! Isn't it? Isn't that why we all come here? Or am I missing something?
Yes, let's just all get along and enjoy the show.

I am NOT a hater though and I just get tired of all the past EJ is a rapist bullshit bashing from those that still want Lucas and Sami together or those that want Fonzi, I mean Rafe and Sami together.

MCKELLY

coffeelover
Apr 2 2009, 09:45 PM
MCKELLY

Mckelly you have a valid argument about moving on! The show has moved on. And the whole rape argument became so so weak when Sami admitted to having feelings for EJ, then she made passionate love to EJ, then she wept when she let EJ go and has even said in the last few weeks that a part of her will always love EJ.

So if there are those who want to bring up that old rape argument - they can expect us to remind them that it is a moot point considering that the show and the characters have moved on.
Word, coffeelover. :cheer:

Thank you for the backup.

Mindy
Member Avatar

MCKELLY
Apr 2 2009, 09:42 PM
Like it or not, EJAMI is a love story that isn't going away EVER! :makeout:

Sorry Lumis and Safes!! :moon:

EJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMIEJAMI
So when rational differences of opinion fails, try radical displays of immaturity? Is that the lesson here? :wow:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply