Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe tells Sami he's leaving!; April 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM (8,150 Views)
daisy132

Manda1
Apr 4 2009, 12:09 PM
Dallas812
Apr 4 2009, 08:54 AM
I agree that none of the pairings are working with the couples. I agree that Rafe and Sami are a bore to watch and that EJ and Nicole are just (Yuck!!!). I think Lucas and Chloe don't match at all and she doesn't love him. I did like Chloe with Daniel and think they had more chemistry. We all know that Rafe isn't really leaving the show. That is not going to be a surprise when he changes his mind. They need to pair Rafe up with Nicole. That would be an interesting couple. I think they can comfort eachother when EJami gets back together!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Rafe would have to have a lot more $$$$ in the bank to be a serious contender for Nicole anyway she is set to marry the lovely EJ without a pre-nup agreement, and second in line she has Brady incase that doesn't work out he'll inherit some of the Kiriakis $$$ and his Dad John Black has $$$ too, and we all know that 'a man with money and lifestyle is Nicoles MO.

Safe has a lot more chance as Sami doesn't care about $$$$. :dance:

Go Safe!
Now if Nicole's character is so wonderful, as some say that it is, then money wouldn't be important to her anymore, right? According to some, Nicole loves EJ and doesn't care about money. She changed.

In that case, I can see Nicole with Rafe. She can get a job too, and live comfortably on two salaries, just like ordinary people. :roflol:

Seriously now.... We all know that Rafe is not leaving. Unfortunately..... :frownie:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 3 2009, 08:18 PM
cjknick
Apr 3 2009, 02:44 PM
Nicole Dimera
Apr 3 2009, 02:40 PM
"The point is your point is rather moot. Sami made love to EJ, the characters have moved on, the show has moved on, there was the forgiveness talk. It seems to me that you are using a very serious subject "rape" to bait. I think it is self-serving to use such a serious subject to support you points about a fictional show. "
Quote:

I agree with coffee ... I seriously think what is tackless is using a very very serious issue like Rape and use it for your own agenda on a soap board!
I agree.. Rape is a very serious issue. One not to be glossed over or excused.
I happen to think that its rediculous treating an act of Rape as if it didnt happen because people think the guy is Hot looking.
I keep hearing its a "moot point" .. *wrong*.. Just because a person moves past a horrific event in their life does not invalidate it.
Ofcourse Sami had to find a way to get past it and live with what happened, she was forced to Marry the guy and live with him to save her family,as is common she even found a way to place some blame on herself..BUT..
She also as soon as possible annulled that marriage even though she *forced* to live with him to protect her child. Or is that an "old story" we are also supposed to forget?

I think its rediculous and rather sad that EJ has never had to answer for what he did.
Others who have been written rape storylines paid a price somehow.. And then redeemed.
Nor was the action ignored, Much like the Jack/Kayla rape story.. I found the situation very different considering they were married and no gun was involved, or no threat of violence took place..
But still Kayla and Jack never had an easy relationship afterwards even though she at some point "Forgave him", and he always displayed shame for what he did.

I Think JS is a terrific actor.. But he and AS both consider the act that happened as Rape, and was very uncomfortable with it. I doubt either of them enjoy pretending it was less terrible then it was.
I just dont understand how anyone can watch that clip and deny the violence of it, or how they can also expect Sami to actually fall in love with him.

Ive seen seductive force before, it can be sexy, in movies and books.. its much easier to see it turn to more in those cases where the woman resists but then enjoys it.
There was not one moment of pleasure for Sami that night.. I cried watching it.
I cant pretend it didnt happen. I cant and wont pretend that EJ didnt do lots of thngs that were evil.. but.. as I said I admire the actor and "sometimes" the character.. I could root for EJ with a woman who was not also his victim.. But not with Sami

The act is not moot, it never will be..The story may be old but its how Gianni was born so how do we ignore it ? Its part of the shows history..
Its not about an agenda, thats more Ejami style. Im not going to ignore a truth just because it favors my prefered couple.

Ohhh.. And you guys keep saying Sami "Forgave" EJ ... forgave him for what ?? Rape ?? Ohh yeah thats what I thought. Forgivness is not an eraser..

It happened. pretending it didnt, or that its somehow *OK* that it happened is not an option for me.

But I have no problem with those who like EJ, My only problem is the pretending he is something he isnt.
The only way to make any of this plausible is to understand Sami and to understand Sami's heart.

Sami was always attracted to EJ she was drawn to him she may not have wanted to be but she was. It was like a moth to a flame. And from day one they were connected.

Then came that fateful night an indecent proposal was made and a choice was made, but it was a choice and Sami chose to accept EJ proposal. I suspect that the more that happened in that car that EJ spoke about was the Sami's body betrayed her. She was embarrased that she reacted to EJ's embrace the way that she did. She knew it and he knew it - there was this connection that could not be denied. Again Sami did not want to feel connected to EJ but she was. So she lassed out - he felt rejected and he lassed out and left town. But he came back because he knew his future was with her. Sami was not afraid of EJ she willing came to his apartment, she chose to be alone with him on many occassions. What she feared is how she felt when he was near her and the feelings that stirred within her. She didn't want to feel this way but she couldn't help it. She wanted to give Lucas her whole heart because she wanted her future to be with Lucas and she did not want to feel the way she felt when EJ held her. So she fought the feelings and tried to hate EJ instead. EJ sensed that Sami was in love with him but he needed to know if her hate was stronger than her love so he set her up to see if she really wanted him out of her life. The cabin fire was the test and what EJ learned from that is that Sami could not really go thru with it.

Then we had the green wedding and Sami is pregnant and WTD portion of their story. We have the struggle against Andre and Sami choosing to fight the battle by EJ's side. Sami telling Lucas that she needs EJ. Then we discover why these two have this connection thru the Santeen letters and their story and the history behind the vendetta and how to end it. Sami does not even pause when it is proposed that she marry EJ to end this feud. Why? We have Sami saving EJ life, We have EJ saving Sami's life. We even have times when Sami heart is unguarded and she utters Please EJ don't die I don't know what I would do with out you. I need you.

Then we have the birth of the twins and Sami is given the opportunity to have the paternity test altered and she chooses not to. EJ is found out to be the father of Johnny. Lucas begs Sami to leave Salem with him and Sami chooses to Marry EJ instead. EJ is shot, Sami stays by his side and wills him to live. Then it is discovered that Lucas shot EJ and Lucas goes to jail and Sami will not testify to keep Lucas out of jail. Sami willingly goes into the safe house with EJ, Stefano goes into the coma and Sami still stays connected to EJ and even helps EJ with his immigration problems.

Enter Nicole and Sami gets jealous of Nicole and EJ. Sami and EJ have the forgiveness talk, Lucas' parole is denied and with in hours Sami is making love to EJ. Lucas comes home and see's them together and tells Sami that she does not sleep with men unless she loves them. And Lumi is over. And Sami is pregnant with yet another one of EJ's children.

I guess you some could get stuck on that one scene - that one scene and ignore months and months of story that followed but EJ and Sami's story is not defined by that one scene IMO. I think that if it were truly rape there would be no wiggle room ALL of us would see it as such but the writers just left enough doubt as to what Sami was really feeling at that time and the way they have written this story after that night to suggest even more that it was not. We have Caroline, We have Maggie, We have Mickey all accepting EJ - there is no way if EJ actually raped Sami that these three among many others would give EJ the time a day. Maggie and Caroline hugging and embracing EJ. Mickey giving him a job, Roman shaking his hand.

Again you can get stuck on one scene and ignore hundreds more or you can move with the story as it is!

Mason

cjknick
Apr 4 2009, 01:09 PM
We have Caroline, We have Maggie, We have Mickey all accepting EJ - there is no way if EJ actually raped Sami that these three among many others would give EJ the time a day. Maggie and Caroline hugging and embracing EJ. Mickey giving him a job, Roman shaking his hand.
Which, IMO, is poor writing. I find it totally unbelievable that everyone in Salem would be so friendly with E.J. after everything he's done (and not just to Sami).

Livie

Nicole Dimera
Apr 3 2009, 11:11 AM
People can bring up the rape argument if they want it's one of the reasons why Ejami is not liked. Just cause the show tried to cover the stain doesn't mean it's gone away and doesn't mean that all of a sudden we have to like Ejami. The rape or whatever you call it isn't the only dysfunctional thing that occurred with this couple. This whole storyline was handled poorly. Some still want Ejami some have moved on to Safe as they see it as the better option.
I can understand when someone wants the RASA story, after all it is the option that causes no offense..but to me that also makes it the option that causes no excitement. This would be the same ending as if Marlena had done the right thing and remained with Roman when what she wanted was John.

And this is what Sami will probably do..for a time..until she can not stop herself..and there she will be, wrapped in the sheets with EJ while Rafe is combing the town looking for her ala Lucas with Chloe..So then we will have a buncha RASA fans with their panties in a bunch like a bunch of Lumi fans were with the "napping" scenes and again exorcising Sami for her selfishness and faithlessness... For those of you unfamiliar, the term "napping" comes from some fan speculation that the spoilers for EJ and Sami sleeping together meant actual sleep.. :shrug: so us EJAMI fans now refer to it as "napping"..

Sami is not a good girl made to be with a good boy. I think that is what Rafe is, the utlimate "good boy" as the actor played on Passions..and he was not real interesting on that show either.

So for RASA fans, enjoy the same short merry ride that was given to EJOLE fans, and then await the fire sale of the banners!
Edited by Livie, Apr 4 2009, 01:25 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 4 2009, 01:13 PM
cjknick
We have Caroline, We have Maggie, We have Mickey all accepting EJ - there is no way if EJ actually raped Sami that these three among many others would give EJ the time a day. Maggie and Caroline hugging and embracing EJ. Mickey giving him a job, Roman shaking his hand.
Which, IMO, is poor writing. I find it totally unbelievable that everyone in Salem would be so friendly with E.J. after everything he's done (and not just to Sami).
But this show has a history of forgiving people and accepting them ...

Look at Jack, look at Steve, Look at Tony and Lucas, Kate and Phillip and especially look at Sami! Hell Chole is now Nicole's BFF and Brady is in love with Nicole!!!!

Mason

cjknick
Apr 4 2009, 01:50 PM

Look at Jack, look at Steve, Look at Tony and Lucas, Kate and Phillip and especially look at Sami! Hell Chole is now Nicole's BFF and Brady is in love with Nicole!!!!
Jack, Steve, Tony, and Philip didn't do anywhere near as terrible of things as E.J. did. And as for Chloe/Brady/Nicole, that's bad writing too, LoL!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 4 2009, 01:57 PM
cjknick
Apr 4 2009, 01:50 PM

Jack, Steve, Tony, and Philip didn't do anywhere near as terrible of things as E.J. did. And as for Chloe/Brady/Nicole, that's bad writing too, LoL!
It is what it is - at least they have been consistent with their bad writing over the years!

Deleted User
Deleted User

cjknick
Taelyn
cjknick

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I happen to think that its rediculous treating an act of Rape as if it didnt happen because people think the guy is Hot looking.
I keep hearing its a "moot point" .. *wrong*.. Just because a person moves past a horrific event in their life does not invalidate it.
Ofcourse Sami had to find a way to get past it and live with what happened, she was forced to Marry the guy and live with him to save her family,as is common she even found a way to place some blame on herself..BUT..
She also as soon as possible annulled that marriage even though she *forced* to live with him to protect her child. Or is that an "old story" we are also supposed to forget?

I think its rediculous and rather sad that EJ has never had to answer for what he did.
Others who have been written rape storylines paid a price somehow.. And then redeemed.
Nor was the action ignored, Much like the Jack/Kayla rape story.. I found the situation very different considering they were married and no gun was involved, or no threat of violence took place..
But still Kayla and Jack never had an easy relationship afterwards even though she at some point "Forgave him", and he always displayed shame for what he did.

I Think JS is a terrific actor.. But he and AS both consider the act that happened as Rape, and was very uncomfortable with it. I doubt either of them enjoy pretending it was less terrible then it was.
I just dont understand how anyone can watch that clip and deny the violence of it, or how they can also expect Sami to actually fall in love with him.

Ive seen seductive force before, it can be sexy, in movies and books.. its much easier to see it turn to more in those cases where the woman resists but then enjoys it.
I cant pretend it didnt happen. I cant and wont pretend that EJ didnt do lots of thngs that were evil.. but.. as I said I admire the actor and "sometimes" the character.. I could root for EJ with a woman who was not also his victim.. But not with Sami

The act is not moot, it never will be..The story may be old but its how Gianni was born so how do we ignore it ? Its part of the shows history..
Its not about an agenda, thats more Ejami style. Im not going to ignore a truth just because it favors my prefered couple.

Ohhh.. And you guys keep saying Sami "Forgave" EJ ... forgave him for what ?? Rape ?? Ohh yeah thats what I thought. Forgivness is not an eraser..

It happened. pretending it didnt, or that its somehow *OK* that it happened is not an option for me.

But I have no problem with those who like EJ, My only problem is the pretending he is something he isnt.
The only way to make any of this plausible is to understand Sami and to understand Sami's heart.

Sami was always attracted to EJ she was drawn to him she may not have wanted to be but she was. It was like a moth to a flame. And from day one they were connected.

Then came that fateful night an indecent proposal was made and a choice was made, but it was a choice and Sami chose to accept EJ proposal. I suspect that the more that happened in that car that EJ spoke about was the Sami's body betrayed her. She was embarrased that she reacted to EJ's embrace the way that she did. She knew it and he knew it - there was this connection that could not be denied. Again Sami did not want to feel connected to EJ but she was. So she lassed out - he felt rejected and he lassed out and left town. But he came back because he knew his future was with her. Sami was not afraid of EJ she willing came to his apartment, she chose to be alone with him on many occassions. What she feared is how she felt when he was near her and the feelings that stirred within her. She didn't want to feel this way but she couldn't help it. She wanted to give Lucas her whole heart because she wanted her future to be with Lucas and she did not want to feel the way she felt when EJ held her. So she fought the feelings and tried to hate EJ instead. EJ sensed that Sami was in love with him but he needed to know if her hate was stronger than her love so he set her up to see if she really wanted him out of her life. The cabin fire was the test and what EJ learned from that is that Sami could not really go thru with it.

Then we had the green wedding and Sami is pregnant and WTD portion of their story. We have the struggle against Andre and Sami choosing to fight the battle by EJ's side. Sami telling Lucas that she needs EJ. Then we discover why these two have this connection thru the Santeen letters and their story and the history behind the vendetta and how to end it. Sami does not even pause when it is proposed that she marry EJ to end this feud. Why? We have Sami saving EJ life, We have EJ saving Sami's life. We even have times when Sami heart is unguarded and she utters Please EJ don't die I don't know what I would do with out you. I need you.

Then we have the birth of the twins and Sami is given the opportunity to have the paternity test altered and she chooses not to. EJ is found out to be the father of Johnny. Lucas begs Sami to leave Salem with him and Sami chooses to Marry EJ instead. EJ is shot, Sami stays by his side and wills him to live. Then it is discovered that Lucas shot EJ and Lucas goes to jail and Sami will not testify to keep Lucas out of jail. Sami willingly goes into the safe house with EJ, Stefano goes into the coma and Sami still stays connected to EJ and even helps EJ with his immigration problems.

Enter Nicole and Sami gets jealous of Nicole and EJ. Sami and EJ have the forgiveness talk, Lucas' parole is denied and with in hours Sami is making love to EJ. Lucas comes home and see's them together and tells Sami that she does not sleep with men unless she loves them. And Lumi is over. And Sami is pregnant with yet another one of EJ's children.

I guess you some could get stuck on that one scene - that one scene and ignore months and months of story that followed but EJ and Sami's story is not defined by that one scene IMO. I think that if it were truly rape there would be no wiggle room ALL of us would see it as such but the writers just left enough doubt as to what Sami was really feeling at that time and the way they have written this story after that night to suggest even more that it was not. We have Caroline, We have Maggie, We have Mickey all accepting EJ - there is no way if EJ actually raped Sami that these three among many others would give EJ the time a day. Maggie and Caroline hugging and embracing EJ. Mickey giving him a job, Roman shaking his hand.

Again you can get stuck on one scene and ignore hundreds more or you can move with the story as it is!
Quote:

"an indecent proposal was made and a choice was made, but it was a choice and Sami chose to accept EJ proposal.
:wow:

That goes to show how differently fanbases see things. I dont think Sami had a choice.. letting a loved one die is hardly a choice.

Quote:

Sami's body betrayed her. She was embarrased that she reacted to EJ's embrace the way that she did. She knew it and he knew it
:omg:

Excuse me ?? Did you see her face when he touched her, and after he assaulted her ? The only reaction I saw was disgust, and hatred.
WoW talk about seeing what you want to see... That really takes the cake. :drunk:

Maybe your talking about some Ejami fanfiction because most everything you described simply never happened. Atleast not the way you described it.

But I do appreciate your vivid imagination.. :applause: :hypnotize:
I mean...By all means like your couple, but your assessment of what happened has no basis in reality of what happened on our screens.
Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

The fact is we all saw Sami react to EJ during that epi on 12-29, and we see how she reacted from that time on. She still could not resist him, even though she hated herself for it. She told him many times (when he could not hear it) that she had feelings for him. So take it or leave it, she NEVER treated him in a way that showed SHE felt SHE was any kind of victim.

The one time she confronted him hostily on this was during the graveyard in New Orleans scene. She told him she wanted to hear him say the words, so he did..he said "i am sorry i forced myself on you, and she wanted more..so he appeased her.

But no matter what, Sami has a connection to him, and it is love. She hates knowing that, EJ wishes he could forget that he loves her as well. But it ain't happening. Any scene they have together screams it, and burying heads does not make it go away. Sami can kiss Rafe, EJ can slam Nicole up against a wall, and it will not matter. The two of them have a soul deep connection, and it cries out to be released. Right now, it is Stefano keeping them from being able to be together, last year it was the Brady's..

Deleted User
Deleted User

I believe Sami has some sort of feelings for EJ.. She has some kind of sympathy and pity for the man he might have been, or could have been..
She wants to get along with him because no matter how it happened he is the father of her child (now children) She recognizes that he is not all bad and loves his children. But then she also does not know of all his crimes.
She does not want to hate him, and yet she cannot give him what he wants. **A future with her**

I dont think she loves him, I think she feels sorry for him.
Quote Post Goto Top

coffeelover

cjknick
Taelyn
cjknick

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Really this is the only plausable explanation. Plus there was a scene where Sami comes over to EJ apartment and EJ and Sami discuss that night and EJ says "come on Samatha more happened in the car and you know it" So the writers have left us all a question as to what that more was?

I suppose you could focus on that one scene - but the rest of scenes after this scene do not make sense if it were rape. They just don't - Sami shot the man parts off of Alan but with EJ she ends up developing feelings, needing him, making love to him and to this day admits she has feelings for him. Seriously if Sami were raped by EJ would she end up making love to him?

So everyone has a right to their own opinion but cj's explanation makes every scene that followed the night make sense.
Edited by coffeelover, Apr 4 2009, 07:18 PM.

Livie

Sami feeling sorry for EJ does not explain her tears when he called her up to say he was moving on, the way they looked at each other during the twins camcorder Christmas visit..her laying awake at night worrying about him while in witness protection..her fantasizing kissing EJ when she shared the bed with Lucas at the cabin, or her seeing her own face in the wedding announcement of Nicole and EJ.

Sami will probably do the same as EJ did, make the substitution of Rafe for EJ as EJ did with Nicole for Sami..but it didn't turn out well for EJ, and it will not for Sami either. Sooner or later, as Colleen said, Sami will give in again to what her heart really wants.

Mason

laptop
Apr 4 2009, 08:47 PM
Sami feeling sorry for EJ does not explain her tears when he called her up to say he was moving on
That's easily explainable. It was a blow to her ego. Sami loved having E.J. sniffing after her for two years, and stringing him along.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sami has always hated the women that her exes have moved on with...just classic Sami..immature til her grave!
Liz

coffeelover

Liz<3Days
Apr 4 2009, 08:54 PM
Sami has always hated the women that her exes have moved on with...just classic Sami..immature til her grave!
Liz
Sami seems to be more accepting of Chloe now!

chante

i hope sami reaches rafe, i want to see more of them together

mirabella

chante
Apr 4 2009, 09:36 PM
i hope sami reaches rafe, i want to see more of them together
I want to see more of them, too. I want to see where things might go and how could they could be together.

daisy132

When everyyhting else fails, bring in the last obsticle to Ejami. Anyone but EJ!! That's what it comes down to. "Love Nicole". "Love Rafe". Just keep Ejami away from each other is the general concsnsus of Ejami opposers, most of whom are Lumi fans.

I am convinced that Lumi will come back with a vengeance. Once again, we'll be on the boards debating Lumi v. Ejami to death. Rafe will not even come to mind.
Edited by daisy132, Apr 4 2009, 10:44 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Dear God, Please no more Lucas and Sami. That ship has sailed. Actually, that ship sank long ago...

Livie

I think my post had several items in it that needed explaining..funny how only one is chosen, and the explanation is just a reflection of general sami hate. and as a woman, i really did not care for anyone my exes moved on with. so what? the facts are sami has over and over and over and over showed she is hung up on ej. nicole and chloe even taunted her with it, and so many on here seem to kiss the ground nicole's shoes walk on..so why isn't she believed? I think the whole town from Hope on has commented on the fact that Sami has deep feelings and connections with EJ..

And like it or not, it is what is said on the show that is true, not what we supposition.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply