Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe tells Sami he's leaving!; April 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM (8,164 Views)
michelle
Member Avatar

laptop
Apr 4 2009, 11:03 PM
I think my post had several items in it that needed explaining..funny how only one is chosen, and the explanation is just a reflection of general sami hate. and as a woman, i really did not care for anyone my exes moved on with. so what? the facts are sami has over and over and over and over showed she is hung up on ej. nicole and chloe even taunted her with it, and so many on here seem to kiss the ground nicole's shoes walk on..so why isn't she believed? I think the whole town from Hope on has commented on the fact that Sami has deep feelings and connections with EJ..

And like it or not, it is what is said on the show that is true, not what we supposition.
laptop,

I think Ej and Sami could declare that they love each other more than anything in the universe, that they are true soulmates, get married next week, have 4 more kids and stay happy forever, and some people would still say it isn't so, that Sami just wanted to make Nicole jealous, yada yada yada.

That's just the way it goes.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

coffeelover

laptop
I think my post had several items in it that needed explaining..funny how only one is chosen, and the explanation is just a reflection of general sami hate. and as a woman, i really did not care for anyone my exes moved on with. so what? the facts are sami has over and over and over and over showed she is hung up on ej. nicole and chloe even taunted her with it, and so many on here seem to kiss the ground nicole's shoes walk on..so why isn't she believed? I think the whole town from Hope on has commented on the fact that Sami has deep feelings and connections with EJ..

And like it or not, it is what is said on the show that is true, not what we supposition.
Now we have Rafe even noticing that Sami is in love with EJ. So it's all of Salem plus Rafe!

By the way - Sami, EJ and Johnny scenes coming up on Monday are a scream - the child actor who plays Johnny is Priceless. I think he thinks James is the cats meow! Adorable - it made me giggle.

Mason

EDIT: Never mind. There's clearly no point.
Edited by Mason, Apr 4 2009, 11:21 PM.

Mason

laptop
I think my post had several items in it that needed explaining..funny how only one is chosen, and the explanation is just a reflection of general sami hate.
Actually, no, it's a reflection of what I've seen over the past couple years on my screen.

But, of course, you can't possibly be biased, at all.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Peeeuuuwwwwwww! Thank you Ejami fan, I thought that I would be okay with any Sami pairing because of my love for Sami, now I realize I am not. But to say that Sami's body betrayed her and that she enjoyed that night :puke:
Edited by samixxx, Apr 5 2009, 12:44 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope Alison is interviewed again and is asked this question. Id like to see her face when its suggested or asked if she enjoyed being Raped by EJ.

Frankly no matter what Sami came to feel for EJ in the year following his assault.. To imagine she enjoyed it is beyond .. well beyond my comprehension.
Quote Post Goto Top

coffeelover

Taelyn
Apr 5 2009, 03:03 AM
I hope Alison is interviewed again and is asked this question. Id like to see her face when its suggested or asked if she enjoyed being Raped by EJ.

Frankly no matter what Sami came to feel for EJ in the year following his assault.. To imagine she enjoyed it is beyond .. well beyond my comprehension.
The only plausible explanation is that it was not rape in order to make every scene that has happened after to make sense. It does not make sense that Sami a women who already shot Alan in the groin when she was a teen and then acted this way with EJ in the aftermath as a grown women. She never acted afraid of EJ she actually started to lead him on, when she had the chance to kill him she couldn't and when it looked like she might have she tried to rush in to save him. She kissed him, she held his hand, she was alone with him time and time again. Again the only plausible explanation was it was not rape it was a deal that she made and was ashamed of. She wasn't afraid of EJ she was afraid of her feelings for EJ. She can't have fallen for him he is a DiMera, she is a Brady how could she love him? She has been fighting her feelings for EJ forever - that is what we have seen. It is more plausible that it was not rape that night - then it is plausible to think that Sami would have feelings for and make love to a man that raped her. IMO. Sami never acted like a rape victim her family never treated her as a rape victim. Marlena for goodness sake never suggested she get therapy to cope and deal with it. I guess you can focus on this one scene and forget every scene afterwards. I think it was a horribly written scene and storyline and the writers are the ones who should be ashamed because when you write a scene like this there should be NO question on whether it was or it wasn't - there should be no debate it should have been extremely clear and it wasn't and here we are years later having this debate.
Edited by coffeelover, Apr 5 2009, 08:11 AM.

coffeelover

By the way - Sami, EJ and Johnny scenes coming up on Monday are a scream - the child actor who plays Johnny is Priceless. I think he thinks James is the cats meow! Adorable - it made me giggle.[/quote]

This video/montage has this Johnny/EJ/Sami scene in it - this little actor is so cute and so talkative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss16PHhDoiY

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

laptop
Apr 4 2009, 08:47 PM
Sami feeling sorry for EJ does not explain her tears when he called her up to say he was moving on, the way they looked at each other during the twins camcorder Christmas visit..her laying awake at night worrying about him while in witness protection..her fantasizing kissing EJ when she shared the bed with Lucas at the cabin, or her seeing her own face in the wedding announcement of Nicole and EJ.

Sami will probably do the same as EJ did, make the substitution of Rafe for EJ as EJ did with Nicole for Sami..but it didn't turn out well for EJ, and it will not for Sami either. Sooner or later, as Colleen said, Sami will give in again to what her heart really wants.
Thanks thats what I think as well..whatever happened that nite,,its done with in Sami's mind,,and she is the utmost important person this pertains too!! :D

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

coffeelover
Apr 5 2009, 08:01 AM
Taelyn
Apr 5 2009, 03:03 AM

The only plausible explanation is that it was not rape in order to make every scene that has happened after to make sense. It does not make sense that Sami a women who already shot Alan in the groin when she was a teen and then acted this way with EJ in the aftermath as a grown women. She never acted afraid of EJ she actually started to lead him on, when she had the chance to kill him she couldn't and when it looked like she might have she tried to rush in to save him. She kissed him, she held his hand, she was alone with him time and time again. Again the only plausible explanation was it was not rape it was a deal that she made and was ashamed of. She wasn't afraid of EJ she was afraid of her feelings for EJ. She can't have fallen for him he is a DiMera, she is a Brady how could she love him? She has been fighting her feelings for EJ forever - that is what we have seen. It is more plausible that it was not rape that night - then it is plausible to think that Sami would have feelings for and make love to a man that raped her. IMO. Sami never acted like a rape victim her family never treated her as a rape victim. Marlena for goodness sake never suggested she get therapy to cope and deal with it. I guess you can focus on this one scene and forget every scene afterwards. I think it was a horribly written scene and storyline and the writers are the ones who should be ashamed because when you write a scene like this there should be NO question on whether it was or it wasn't - there should be no debate it should have been extremely clear and it wasn't and here we are years later having this debate.
:cheer: Awesome post,,I cannot agree more

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

michelle
Apr 3 2009, 09:33 PM
For the record, when Jack raped Kayla, it was violent and she cried no over and over and fought against him as he held her down. And no, she would never have fallen for him as she was always in love with his brother, and only his brother.

Also for the record, from what I have read online, no EJAMI fans enjoyed the night of 12/29 either. I think most, if not all, were heartbroken at what was happening to the couple they had so enjoyed together 6 months earlier. I never thought they would have another chance together after that - that EJ did not deserve another chance, but over time and many sincere apologies, I started to feel like there could be EJAMI again. I'm not saying you or anyone else should feel that way, but that is the way I felt and still feel.

Sami forgave EJ for his actions because a.) she believed that he was truly sorry for taking advantage of her, b.) because he helped her mother get John back by going against Stephano, and c.) because she started to believe that he wasn't the same guy who "terrorized" her family.

She still remembered how he was and how they were together that first summer he came to Salem when no one wanted anything to do with her. He was really the first guy who wanted her just the way she was, faults and all.

I used to like Lucas and Sami and Lucas together, but got fed up when Lucas would constantly take his mother's side over hers. The final straw was when Lucas would not believe that she did not sleep with Brandon the night before they were to get married. From that point on, I have never thought that Lucas deserved her.

As for EJ trying to hold their marriage together or telling her she could not take Gianni away from her, I think EJ was trying to pull out all stops to keep the woman he loved and his child with him.

I don't think the EJAMI group is asking for those who hate EJ to like him or want him to be with Sami, I think they are just asking that the discussion move on to something else, instead of the same old rape discussion.

Just my two cents.
Fantastic post!!!You have my exact feelings..I actually tuned out after that episode.I just could not beleive it..then Ej started changing,and he saved Sami's life more than once from Andre,and I was reeled back in again..I have put that behind me,,in part because Samantha herself forgave Ej,and made passionate love to him,quite willingly to him..and nothing is going to change me mind.As for Rafe,the subject of this thread...not to be be ugly,,but GG is a subpar actor..and I just cannot get into his character,sorry.I would much rather watch Steve,or Tony,and even Drake,than this man..and thats my honest feelings about that..sorry if they seemn rude.I just do not enjoy his performances... :D

daisy132

Quote:

Fantastic post!!!You have my exact feelings..I actually tuned out after that episode.I just could not beleive it..then Ej started changing,and he saved Sami's life more than once from Andre,and I was reeled back in again..I have put that behind me,,in part because Samantha herself forgave Ej,and made passionate love to him,quite willingly to him..and nothing is going to change me mind.As for Rafe,the subject of this thread...not to be be ugly,,but GG is a subpar actor..and I just cannot get into his character,sorry.I would much rather watch Steve,or Tony,and even Drake,than this man..and thats my honest feelings about that..sorry if they seemn rude.I just do not enjoy his performances... :D

I agree with you about Rafe. I like the guy, but can't get into him being with Ali. I would prefer to watch Lumi v. Ejami again. At least Lucas and EJ are worthy opponents. Both actors are good, and Ali just can't form the same connection with Galen. I know that she's friends with Galen, but she's still a Lumi fan, and sells Ejami really good. James is an awsome actor, and Galen just doesn't measure up. I could never root for Safe. I would have enjoyed them very much in a different setting, but not in a romantic one.
Edited by daisy132, Apr 5 2009, 11:44 AM.

Livie

Mason
Apr 4 2009, 11:24 PM
laptop
I think my post had several items in it that needed explaining..funny how only one is chosen, and the explanation is just a reflection of general sami hate.
Actually, no, it's a reflection of what I've seen over the past couple years on my screen.

But, of course, you can't possibly be biased, at all.
Who ever said I was not biased? What is wrong with having a preference? Honestly, the grouchiness exhibited on this board is beyond the pale. My point was that I stated several instances shown on the show which shows that Sami has deep feelings for EJ. You chose one to refute. Your reasoning is based on Sami's past history. I do not agree with that argument either. And if I back up my bias with proof from the show, I think my bias is allowable.

Was Sami was always jealous of people her ex moved on with. Sure she was, for a time, but the great thing about Sami was she would often cut her losses and set her sights on someone else. Only in this case, EJ set his sights on her, and due to the FAMILIA thing going on, she went for Lucas, only to find she could not get EJ out of her mind. It was shown all through Hogan's writing, and it is in DH writing as well. I gave many instances that demonstrate what I said. But in case anyone missed some shows:

1. Sami told EJ she knew it was him that saved her life, not Lucas during the car scene where Andre was trying to gas her. Why tell him?

2. The steam room where he passed out and she gave him mouth to mouth turning it into a kiss..Why? She is excited by EJ, he turns her on.

3. The gassing scene in the PUb..she tells him she hates herself for it, but she does have feelings for him.

4. All the scenes of the safe house or the apartment: she inhales him when he hugged her..

5. The scenes where she kisses him to convince him to stay away from Nicole

6. The "napping" scenes

7. The scenes in the stairwell where he is unconscious and she tells him she cannot imagine her life without him.

8. The scene where she gives his ring back but admits he knows she has feelings for him

9. The scenes where she asks Roman and Marlena if it is right to live to someone you love to protect someone else you love..(ej vs baby)

10. And then of course, the scenes mentioned prior where she is worrying about him while in WP, morphing Nicole into herself in the engagement announcement..et al..

I think I have a right to my bias. The past couple of years have not shown Sami being jealous of anyone her ex moved on with. After Carrie, she moved on with Lucas..never heard her mention Carrie at all. Nicole? Well I think Nicole is more jealous of Sami than Vice Versa..Chloe? Again, I hear more of Chloe griping about Sami than Vice Versa.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

If we look to the ratings for the week of Sydney's christening and the SAFE kiss (which was also the feature preview), the EJAMI interaction and christening was the most watched show of the week. The SAFE kiss episode was the lowest rated episode of that week. May mean nothing, but I tend to believe it does point to a bit of a lack of interest in the pairing. Well, I'm sure TPTB are watching the this type of rating performance.

I think they are building to a Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle and that they'll finally give EJAMI a shot. Whatever it was that happened to Rafe in the past that "won't happen again" is obviously going to happen again. When we know what this is, it may give us a few clues.

An EJAMI coupling will depend on how they write dark EJ, as what is evident from the last 6 pages or so, is it will be harder for an EJAMI pairing if the writers have EJ doing things that Sami will find hard to forgive. I'm hoopefulnthe writers ave learnt their lessons. I think they're going to push EJ to the edge and Sami is going to save him and he'll end up cutting ties with Stefano to be with her.
Edited by UKDaysFan, Apr 5 2009, 03:31 PM.

Livie

UKDaysFan
Apr 5 2009, 03:29 PM
If we look to the ratings for the week of Sydney's christening and the SAFE kiss (which was also the feature preview), the EJAMI interaction and christening was the most watched show of the week. The SAFE kiss episode was the lowest rated episode of that week. May mean nothing, but I tend to believe it does point to a bit of a lack of interest in the pairing. Well, I'm sure TPTB are watching the this type of rating performance.

I think they are building to a Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle and that they'll finally give EJAMI a shot. Whatever it was that happened to Rafe in the past that "won't happen again" is obviously going to happen again. When we know what this is, it may give us a few clues.

An EJAMI coupling will depend on how they write dark EJ, as what is evident from the last 6 pages or so, is it will be harder for an EJAMI pairing if the writers have EJ doing things that Sami will find hard to forgive. I'm hoopefulnthe writers ave learnt their lessons. I think they're going to push EJ to the edge and Sami is going to save him and he'll end up cutting ties with Stefano to be with her.
You Brits are so discerning! ITA with everything you wrote..it is going to be the ratings per episode that are watched carefully. RASA is not a couple that is going to make for excitement, and stories that keep you on the edge..any more than the LUMI stories did, except as they pertained to EJ !

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

As sick as it is to think of some women out there actually do forgive men who raped them and some even end up dating them. Sadly I know someone who actually did this, and I don't know how to comprehend it AT ALL!

shytstarter
Member Avatar

I just love it when a thread descends into one huge ass Ejami fan circle jerk. Did FL go off-line or something?

cjknick
Member Avatar

shytstarter
Apr 6 2009, 08:08 AM
I just love it when a thread descends into one huge ass Ejami fan circle jerk. Did FL go off-line or something?

Ejami has a lot of fans but they have a lot of haters too. This is a polarizing pairing and I think that it working because you either love them or you hate them but they are being talked about ALOT! and that buzz is music to the producers ears. The worst thing is indifference - indifference will kill a pairing - Buzz keeps them alive and frontburner.
Edited by cjknick, Apr 6 2009, 10:13 AM.

Livie

cjknick
Apr 6 2009, 08:30 AM
shytstarter
Apr 6 2009, 08:08 AM

Ejami has a lot of fans but they have a lot of haters too. This is a polarizing pairing and I think that it working because you either love them or you hate them but they are being talked about ALOT! and that buzz is music to the producers ears. The worst thing is indiffence - indeference will kill a pairing - Buzz keeps them alive and frontburner.
lol..yeah ..where is all the talk of Phelanie? or Chax? uh..lumi? Couples with no hope of creating excitment or buzz get no argument or debate. And I believe FL is still online and growing daily.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I can see Safe becoming the couple the writer's want you to root for but I don't think they will ever create the "buzz" that EJAMI does!
Edited by cjknick, Apr 6 2009, 10:11 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply