Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip moves in with Stephanie; April 14th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:24 AM (2,253 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Jay Kenneth Johnson is interviewed in this week's SOD, and Shelley Hennig is interviewed in this week's SOD and SOW.

Stephanie and Philip run into Stefano, and Stefano blames Philip for Tony's death. Stephanie tells Stefano she's so sorry for his loss, and she tries to smooth things over between Stefano and Philip. However, Philip tells Stefano that he should be ashamed of himself for having driven Tony to take such desperate measures.

Stefano leaves, and Philip tells Stephanie that he and Tony had something in common, which is that each needed to emerge from his father's shadow. Philip says he's decided to move out of the mansion, and Stephanie tells Philip he can move in with her. As Johnson says, "Stephanie knows he's going through a lot and he doesn't have anywhere else to go." He continues, laughing, "even though he does have more money than anyone in Salem."

The two go to Stephanie's apartment and things get passionate, but then Victor comes by before they can make love. Victor offers Philip his job back, and he asks Philip to come home. Stephanie is upset at this, since as Hennig says, "she just wants him to be his own person." Stephanie begs Philip not to take Victor up on his offer. Hennig explains, "If Philip says yes to his father, Steph takes that as saying no to her... When Philip says he's going back to work at Titan, Steph tells him to leave. It's emotional and difficult for both of them."

Philip leaves, but then Chelsea tells Stephanie to, as SOW says, "fight for the man she loves". Stephanie goes to the mansion, but Philip tells her to leave, because he doesn't think it's safe for her to be there. But then, as Hennig says, "Steph says, 'If you want me to leave, you're going to have to make me.' Then she kisses Philip, and they're back together."

Stephanie goes back to her apartment to discuss things with Chelsea, but then she walks in on Chelsea and Max about to make love! Hennig says that "it's really embarrassing, especially because Max and Steph used to be together." Max asks Stephanie if she and Philip broke up. Stephanie tells Max that "things are good" between Philip and her, but then as Hennig says, "Max jumps up and is like, 'Are you crazy?'"

Max is worried that Stephanie might not be safe because of Stefano's plans for revenge. But Hennig explains that Stephanie won't leave Philip. "Why would she leave him now, when he needs her most? Plus, Steph is completely in love with Philip."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

esp13
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I'm actually a fan of Stephanie and Philip (unpopular opinion around here, I know) but I wish they would break the break-up/make-up cycle. I'm all for having conflicts but every single argument doesn't have to end with "it's over" followed by one or the other changing their mind 5 minutes later. I'm hoping that maybe this plays a little differently this time, but I doubt it.

All that aside, the best aspect of this storyline is Philip's inner conflict. I hope they don't just drop that part after Victor and Philip make-up.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yawn.

peaches179

Mason
Apr 1 2009, 11:54 AM
Yawn.

Ditto! They are soooo boring!!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Excuse me why I puke..Chex about to make love..puke,puke,puke..

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I hope Stephanie has a lot of conflict (internal) about the Dimera thing. It'd be nice to see her talk to her family members other than Max about stuff, too. Even though Stefano's a big whiny baby he has tormented his enemies for years, targeting loved ones as often as he goes after those more directly connected to the family he's pissed off at. If that doesn't have an impact on her...then she's kind of vapid, imho. She doesn't have to be all nuSami about it with the pissing and moaning and hidden children. But there should be something.

And then that conflict could pay off with Stephanie's tragic death or "death" propelling Phillip to the dark side.

Thanks for posting! (these are awesome distractions from work)

lene
Member Avatar

I don't buy Stephanie and Philip together. Zero chemistry.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you for the article. Sounds good.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Blech.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am so over Phillip and Stephanie. I did like them at first.

Thanks Ellie!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Stephanie thinks that if Phil says yes to his dad then it's the same as saying no to her?

The man will always be Victor's son. I hope she gets used to it.

Bradyclan

I kinda like them together but Stephanie is not a strong character. They need to fix her character because she is boring. She can't be a lead younger character because she's not that interesting. Melanie, while annoying at times, is already more entertaining.

They need to fix Stephanie if they are going to push her to the front of the younger crowd especially with Chelsea leaving soon.

Mason
Member Avatar

Bradyclan
Apr 1 2009, 03:48 PM
They need to fix Stephanie if they are going to push her to the front of the younger crowd especially with Chelsea leaving soon.
God, I shudder to think how much more we're gonna see of Stephanie after Chelsea leaves.

oldschoolfan

Thanks for posting. I am one that likes Philip and Stephanie, but I am tired also of the break up/make up thing. They do need to make Stephanie a stronger character and I think they have done that somewhat since she has not been with Max, but there's still room for improvement.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Stephanie needs to go to bed one night and wake up as Belle. I think that would solve the issue.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I fully believe in the concept of Philip and Stephanie and they started out well. It has veered off course though. And although I understand why SN and MBE were let go, their being part of the story could really help.

oldschoolfan

Mikegoldy
Apr 1 2009, 04:32 PM
I fully believe in the concept of Philip and Stephanie and they started out well. It has veered off course though. And although I understand why SN and MBE were let go, their being part of the story could really help.
Yes, they, or at least Steve, could have been really involved in all this with his past with both Victor and Stefano.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think they have veered off course at all. They just haven't been focused on all that much. It's clear the love story and triangle with Melanie were pushed aside for a bit to focus on the starting of the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff, which I expect to further the Melanie/Philip/Stephanie stuff. I expect the focus to go back to all that now.

I like that they are moving slowly with the new pairings. We don't have couples having sex after only a few weeks or months and we are actually seeing these couples go out and go through things that make them closer. The show is writing these new relationships the right way and I just hope they continue because relationships like Sami/Rafe, Brady/Nicole or Nicole/EJ, Philip/Stephanie or even Philip/Melanie, and Will/Mia have major potential.

I can't wait to see what happens next and it looks like there will be some good stuff with Philip and Stephanie. I like how Chelsea and Max are involved in all this too because of past history with Stephanie and Max. I'm glad they don't ignore it.

libra67

I agree with the posters who say Steve/Victor history should have included, it would have really added to the story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply