Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip moves in with Stephanie; April 14th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 11:24 AM (2,071 Views)
BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

esp13
Apr 1 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Ellie.

I'm actually a fan of Stephanie and Philip (unpopular opinion around here, I know) but I wish they would break the break-up/make-up cycle. I'm all for having conflicts but every single argument doesn't have to end with "it's over" followed by one or the other changing their mind 5 minutes later. I'm hoping that maybe this plays a little differently this time, but I doubt it.

All that aside, the best aspect of this storyline is Philip's inner conflict. I hope they don't just drop that part after Victor and Philip make-up.
ICAM more. I love Stephanie and Philip but breaking up over everything is a little much. I hope that streak ends. I liked where they said she tells him she has to make her leave and then kisses him. Makes me think she won't be leaving him anything soon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ariel

px780
Apr 1 2009, 04:02 PM
Stephanie needs to go to bed one night and wake up as Belle. I think that would solve the issue.
:hail: Perfect!

KMan101
Member Avatar

God, Stephanie sounds so annoying, clingy and demanding. She's such a pathetic character. I can't believe her parents are Steve and Kayla.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The problem for me with Stephanie is the writers don't make any effort to flesh her out. I like the character and I like SH, but every time she's in a relationship she's basically someone's appendage. It would help tremendously if they would give her some mini-story that had nothing to do with her current love interest but that somehow helped advance the plot of some other storyline. I'd prefer to see her working at the Brady pub or at the hospital or even the copshop, somewhere where she could have interaction with different characters and where her sole purpose isn't to be available for Philip.

esp13
Member Avatar

I totally agree, Paxton. It's one of the most frustrating things about Days for me, the failure to take the little steps necessary to flesh out and establish some characters as individuals, not just romantic partners. Giving Stephanie something to do that does not involve Philip would be fantastic. Maybe she uses her marketing classes and internships to help Caroline do some advertising for the pub, or to put together a PSA for the copshop or the Mayor's office. It doesn't have to be anything big or an actual storyline to herself, just something to help establish the character outside of her relationship with Philip.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

KMan101
Apr 2 2009, 04:48 PM
God, Stephanie sounds so annoying, clingy and demanding. She's such a pathetic character. I can't believe her parents are Steve and Kayla.
This and the post by esp13 got me thinking- what if this is her?

From what I remember, Kayla basically sat around longing for a dead man while Stephanie grew up. Girl also thought her father was dead. These two things could make her a person who has weird clingy relationships where she kind of loses herself for another person. Add on the fact that she was raped, and there's some potential there, I would think.

I mean, she doesn't have to be all up in my screen independent and whatnot to develop as a character. Explore her being what she is right now: a big pile of nothing. I could actually potentially get interested in this triangle if they did that.

Sariah
Member Avatar

How I hate seeing JKJ wasted in crap like this. "We're together. Now we're not. Now we are. Now we're not." He deserves so much better.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sariah
Apr 4 2009, 06:34 PM
How I hate seeing JKJ wasted in crap like this. "We're together. Now we're not. Now we are. Now we're not." He deserves so much better.
It really is such a waste of his character. He's always been stuck in these types of storylines from Chloe to Belle and now Stephanie. Down the road, I see Phillip being the next Stefano ... single, and pure evil.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Apr 4 2009, 08:37 PM
Sariah
Apr 4 2009, 06:34 PM
It really is such a waste of his character. He's always been stuck in these types of storylines from Chloe to Belle and now Stephanie. Down the road, I see Phillip being the next Stefano ... single, and pure evil.
You're soooo right about this character getting stuck with sloppy seconds! And...why? This character has the power, money and looks to have lots of hot women going after him??? First he pines for Belle, who's paired w/Bope's kid (no-win situation there), then the whole Chloe merry go round, Morgan "STOP TALKING..you suck" and now Stephanie?? And Stephanie...WOW...she has the DAYS genes..but the actress just doesnt bring it!! RECAST PLEASE!
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply