Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits; Wes Ramsey's character name revealed
Topic Started: Apr 6 2009, 02:24 PM (3,608 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* Kinsey, played by Shelby Young, fills Will in on Mia’s past on Thursday, May 7.

* The Kiriakis gardener Owen, played by Wes Ramsey, helps Philip set up a romantic evening on Friday, May 8.

* Mia and Will run into Mia’s friend Tad, played by Brendan Coughlin, on Wednesday, April 29th.

* The DiMera hitman Masi, played by Frederico Dordei, returns to finish the job on Thursday, April 30th.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

Mason

Sounds like Wes Ramsey's supersecret role isn't that big.
Edited by Mason, Apr 6 2009, 02:31 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

OMG, it's like Terry's wet dream!! :puke:

Nicole Walker

A Gardener! WTF? There better be more to it!!

ginababe
BANNED

I think Wes was brought on to come between Philip and Stefanie. Yeah, sure, he's helping w/ the date uh huh!

Kenny
Member Avatar

A random gardener named Owen?

Lame, LoL. They actually tried keeping that under wraps?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 02:30 PM
Sounds like Wes Ramsey's supersecret role isn't that big.
Did you really think after weeks of secrecy and the fact that SOD just mentioned we will see him around but he will not fully be revealed for a few weeks that they would tell you in a casting blurb who the character was and what he would be doing?

Seriously, they are just giving out general information. Sure, he could end up being a bad character but I think the level of secrecy and the fact they are probably going to have him lurking around until what looks like the episode where he interacts with Philip and Stephanie means that he will have a big impact on someone or something.

This is just like what JER used to do with having characters mysteriously lurk for weeks and then we see them and have to figure out what exactly they are up to and who exactly they are. It will be awhile before we know the whole story with him and that is a good thing. It adds intrigue.

I really can't believe people expected more info then this considering how the situation has been handled thus far LOL. It's classic JER mystery person 101 :laugh: . This guy has not even appeared in spoilers despite his debut on air tomorrow. It's clear they are going to build the mystery and intrigue surrounding the character and slowly unveil who he is and what not so there is no way we are going to be fed much info about him right now.

ginababe
BANNED

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Phoenix.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ginababe
Apr 6 2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up, Phoenix.
It's not even about getting my hopes up.

It's kind of common sense. His casting came out of nowhere. We've heard nothing about him. He's not mentioned in any spoilers or any of the mags other then SOD saying he debuts tomorrow and won't be fully revealed for a few weeks. Now we have him as a gardener. I severely doubt all this secrecy and casting someone like Wes Ramsey was for a role as a gardener LOL. There is more to it then that. This show never keeps things a secret like they have this. It may end up sucking but people calling this a flop already when we know nothing is kind of unfair.

ginababe
BANNED

I hope for your sake you're right, but this show is well known for it's great disappointments. Especially where new characters are concerned.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Well, again, that is subjective and it's not even about me. If it fails, I could care less. It's not like his presence makes or breaks the show for me. I've been watching this show for over two decades and been through many changes, good periods, bad periods, etc. I'm not going to stop watching regardless LOL.

There are things that many call flops or disappointments that many call successes. We all are different in what we like and dislike, which is what keeps things interesting and allows for good discussion and debate. '

My point was that there is no way anyone can make a call on this as of yet. There is basically no info on this character yet so calling the character a big fat nothing or a flop already is just unfair when there is like nothing there to support that kind of assertion.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think many were hoping it was a character coming back; like Eric Brady, Jeremy Horton, etc. I do think there is more to it then Wes just playing a gardener though.

Nicole Walker

^Yeah I think there's more story.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Apr 6 2009, 03:26 PM
I think many were hoping it was a character coming back; like Eric Brady, Jeremy Horton, etc. I do think there is more to it then Wes just playing a gardener though.

See, I can see that. My issue was that it seemed some made up their minds just on the basis of the blurb posted here that said he was a gardener LOL. It just seems premature to condemn something when we have nothing to go on as of yet.

We'll see. My feeling is that he may be more then a gardener for Victor. I think he may be doing more for him. Perhaps he is the one who poisons Stefano. I have a feeling Wes is going to play a very dark character. I'm thinking he will be kind of like Steve was when he debuted in 1985 and worked for Victor.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm going to enjoy the mystery about Wes- on the boards. 'Cause I do believe it will suck ass on screen. So I appreciate the optimism!

More interesting to me is the Mia-related stuff. She knows people. That could be good, or it could become Ghoul Girl, Fat Girl, Nerd, Jock, Main Character, Sidekick- all that crap they did with Salem High a few years back.
Edited by px780, Apr 6 2009, 03:37 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

px780
Apr 6 2009, 03:37 PM
More interesting to me is the Mia-related stuff. She knows people. That could be good, or it could become Ghoul Girl, Fat Girl, Nerd, Jock, Main Character, Sidekick- all that crap they did with Salem High a few years back.
I was thinking "Tad" and "Kinsey" would just be one-shot characters only around to pass on some plot-related Mia information. Given that their names are Tad and Kinsey I would assume Mia will end up being from an old money family--those are the kinds of names the writers would pick after watching Trading Places or something. Anyway, I'd be very surprised if they ended up having any place on canvas after they tell Will whatever it is they're going to tell him about Mia.

jane1978

I´m with Phoenix here.

First, there is no reason to even cast "gardener". Henderson could easily do that as well. Or we could just hear Phillip doing some one-way call and voialá, the romantic dinner is ready. There has to be a reason why the character is needed and why he is played by a name and not some anonymous dayplayer.

I would guess he is a part of the summer storyline for Phillip/Steph/Melanie/Max/Arianna. SOD even said DB absence may mean more airtime for him, so I assume the original plan was to pair Max with Arianna, but because DB will be unavailable this Wes Ramsey character will replace him in whatever storyline Higley/Whittesel have prepared.

Bradyclan

Oh, he's more than a gardener. if any of you have seen the Canadian eppy, you'd know that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm a little disappointed that Ramsey is going to be a new character. I do think that Owen is going to serve more purpose than just that of a gardner. I bet he will be the one that comes between Philip and Stephanie and I'm okay with that.

I just really wanted him to be Jeremy though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply