Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits; Wes Ramsey's character name revealed
Topic Started: Apr 6 2009, 02:24 PM (3,688 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would've loved him to be Jeremy. I think he suited that character well.

I just read that we only see his chin and mouth tomorrow. I now have to take back what I said about him working for Victor as he is working for Stefano LOL. I am intrigued though as to what he will do and where this will go. I can see him working undercover at the Kiriakis mansion and getting close to Stephanie. There will major drama there with Stephanie getting close to a Dimera operative.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

He might be a Dimera spy or something!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Well, it's clear he is a Dimera operative tomorrow. He's on the phone with Stefano and is trying to infiltrate the Kiriakis mansion.

Nicole Walker

YAY! I'm so happy. I bet he's setting Phillip up when he helps with the romantic evening. I wonder if that's when Phil will get shot.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm thinking they will simply show his chin, hands, etc for a few weeks, pretty much until the point mentioned here where he helps Philip with Stephanie. That way the audience won't know who exactly he is and that he is working for Stefano. We all will know because of spoilers but those unspoiled won't. Then he becomes the gardener to spy on the Kiriakis family and he gets closer to Stephanie all the while working for Stefano and that way the unspoiled will be stunned when they find out what he is really up to and how much danger Stephanie and the Kiriakis family is really in.

I'm looking forward to this.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 04:19 PM
^Well, it's clear he is a Dimera operative tomorrow. He's on the phone with Stefano and is trying to infiltrate the Kiriakis mansion.
He could be a double agent also, couldn't he? He could have taken the job at the Kiriakis mansion in order to reel Stefano in. He could be affiliated with the FBI (and connected to Rafe somehow), I suppose.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 03:14 PM
ginababe
Apr 6 2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up, Phoenix.
It's not even about getting my hopes up.

It's kind of common sense. His casting came out of nowhere. We've heard nothing about him. He's not mentioned in any spoilers or any of the mags other then SOD saying he debuts tomorrow and won't be fully revealed for a few weeks. Now we have him as a gardener. I severely doubt all this secrecy and casting someone like Wes Ramsey was for a role as a gardener LOL. There is more to it then that. This show never keeps things a secret like they have this. It may end up sucking but people calling this a flop already when we know nothing is kind of unfair.
I agree with you. This actually reminds of when Dax Griffin joined B&B in 2006. He started as a gardener but he was shady and there was more to it.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I wonder if he will be a new love interest for Stephanie ... mysterious more like a Steve (Patch) type.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 03:08 PM
Mason
Apr 6 2009, 02:30 PM
Sounds like Wes Ramsey's supersecret role isn't that big.
Did you really think after weeks of secrecy and the fact that SOD just mentioned we will see him around but he will not fully be revealed for a few weeks that they would tell you in a casting blurb who the character was and what he would be doing?
This is DAYS and Corday, so....yes!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Apr 6 2009, 04:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 04:19 PM
He could be a double agent also, couldn't he? He could have taken the job at the Kiriakis mansion in order to reel Stefano in. He could be affiliated with the FBI (and connected to Rafe somehow), I suppose.
I can see that.

My initial thinking was he was working for Victor and was maybe the one who could be poisoning Stefano. Now, we have him infiltrating the Kiriakis mansion. I could see him playing both sides and that is something Steve would do. Like cjknick, I can see him playing alot like Steve, which would be fun if he is involved with Stephanie. You would have that sense of danger and spontaneity, wondering what he would do next. Steve was very much like that when he first came on. You were always on edge with him. I think the double-agent angle would really make him similar to Steve because he was like that at times, especially when he first came on.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:04 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 03:08 PM
Mason
Apr 6 2009, 02:30 PM
Sounds like Wes Ramsey's supersecret role isn't that big.
Did you really think after weeks of secrecy and the fact that SOD just mentioned we will see him around but he will not fully be revealed for a few weeks that they would tell you in a casting blurb who the character was and what he would be doing?
This is DAYS and Corday, so....yes!
Corday and Days do alot of things wrong (although recently they are doing more right then good IMO) but when it comes to things like this, there is usually at least more to it. As I said, the character could suck but there will be more to it, Corday or not.

In fact, tomorrow's episode already proves there is more to it then him being a simple gardener.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 6 2009, 05:08 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I just don't understand why the need to keep it a huge secret. It's not exactly explosive, LoL.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I wonder if maybe he's there to make sure nothing happens to Phillip...sort of a body guard Stephano hired to keep Phillip safe. :shrug:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:09 PM
I just don't understand why the need to keep it a huge secret. It's not exactly explosive, LoL.
And how do we know that yet?

What makes you think it isn't? I'm not saying it will be but we know NOTHING. You are basing everything on a blurb from a website LOL. I can see if we had detailed spoilers that may give us more of a sense of who he is and where this is going but saying this is nothing or no big deal based on a blurb...no offense intended but that's just absurd.

I have no problem with bashing but bashing based on one simple blurb makes NO sense at all. Sorry.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:09 PM
I wish they would keep everything a secret and stop with all spoilers.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 05:11 PM
I have no problem with bashing but bashing based on one simple blurb makes NO sense at all. Sorry.
LoL, and now you're the one making presumptions! ;)

coffeelover

Thanks for posting.

A gardner huh? My guess is his profession (or cover) is because he is beef cake! I also think he is a DiMera operative and he will gain favor with Victor by saving Phillip from an assasin (of course planned by Stefano). His job is to get close to Phillip, get close to Victor and get even closer to Stephanie. Stefano I think is looking to bring the Kiriakis to their knees and what better way than to plant people in their organization.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Same here, Sindacco.

I like the approach they have taken with this and alot of what is coming up seems a bit more vague and less detailed as well. I hope that continues. I would love to go back to the days in the 80's and 90's when the mags, sites, etc kept spoilers at a minimum. Enough of the day aheads and detailed spoilers. Of course, the show's can be better about it too. They just need to take measures to keep things under wraps and Days is doing that here so it goes to show you they can do it, if they want to. I think they just want to make sure people tune in but, in the past, people tuned in regardless because they didn't know where the stories were going. They couldn't wait to find out what happened the next day because they didn't know what would happen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:13 PM
PhoenixRising05
What am I making presumptions about?

You bashing? That isn't a presumption LOL. You stated you didn't understand the need to be secretive about this and said the character was turning into a big fat nothing. That is bashing LOL and that is fine. You can do that. I just don't get how anyone can state something like that based on little, if any, information to support that sort of claim.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 05:19 PM
Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:13 PM
PhoenixRising05
What am I making presumptions about?

You bashing? That isn't a presumption LOL. You stated you didn't understand the need to be secretive about this and said the character was turning into a big fat nothing. That is bashing LOL and that is fine. You can do that. I just don't get how anyone can state something like that based on little, if any, information to support that sort of claim.
Since when is stating my confusion and amusement considered bashing? LoL

But that's good to know that I can do that for future reference. Maybe I'll just run all of my future posts by you to make sure you approve.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply