Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits; Wes Ramsey's character name revealed
Topic Started: Apr 6 2009, 02:24 PM (3,656 Views)
mandy

There haven't been many spoilers about Stephanie and Philip or Max and Chelsea lately. My theory on why Days has been so secretive about Wes Ramsey's character could partly be because of Darin Brooks and his TV series deal. The writers may have had a few scenarios planned involving all of these characters and planned to choose one of them once they knew the outcome of DB's pilot. Now that Darin will be out for June-August, Wes Ramsey's character will probably take on a bigger role and that could cause the storyline to be tweaked -- which could explain the lack of spoilers.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:21 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 6 2009, 05:19 PM
Mason
Apr 6 2009, 05:13 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepyou're the one making presumptions! ;)
What am I making presumptions about?

You bashing? That isn't a presumption LOL. You stated you didn't understand the need to be secretive about this and said the character was turning into a big fat nothing. That is bashing LOL and that is fine. You can do that. I just don't get how anyone can state something like that based on little, if any, information to support that sort of claim.
Since when is stating my confusion and amusement considered bashing? LoL

But that's good to know that I can do that for future reference. Maybe I'll just run all of my future posts by you to make sure you approve.
That is not what I meant, Mason. The only reason why I mentioned it was fine was because I didn't want you to think I was demeaning your right to an opinion because you like to toss out that sarcastic line about needing people's approval to post your view whenever discussions veer in this direction. That's all. I just wanted to assure you that I respect your opinion and your right to it.

To me, what you said was bashing, especially when most of your posts are negative regarding Days. If it wasn't bashing in your view, that is fine but I felt it was. Nevertheless, that wasn't my initial point anyway LOL. My point was that there isn't nearly enough information to even be confused about this. There is no way for anyone to make a call about this yet. That doesn't mean there can't be speculation but to say that this is a flop or nothing big at this stage is something that I can't understand one saying when there is not enough out there to support a claim like that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 6 2009, 05:35 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

mandy
Apr 6 2009, 05:31 PM
There haven't been many spoilers about Stephanie and Philip or Max and Chelsea lately. My theory on why Days has been so secretive about Wes Ramsey's character could partly be because of Darin Brooks and his TV series deal. The writers may have had a few scenarios planned involving all of these characters and planned to choose one of them once they knew the outcome of DB's pilot. Now that Darin will be out for June-August, Wes Ramsey's character will probably take on a bigger role and that could cause the storyline to be tweaked -- which could explain the lack of spoilers.

I think that's a good theory. I've never seen Wes Ramsey act before but I'm all for anyone taking over for Darrin Brooks.

oldschoolfan

He definitely has to be more than a gardener. Since when would a gardener help plan a romantic dinner other than getting the flowers? I know, this is Days, anything is possible.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I definitely think there's more to this character than simply being a gardener. Wasn't Shane Donovan posing as a valet or chauffeur (or something similar) when he first arrived in Salem?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I also think there's more to Wes Ramsey's character. I think "Owen" may be an alias. Owen could turn out to be Eric Brady. It's plausible that maybe he'd be unrecognizable to the DiMera clan.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Whoever he is, I can't imagine Days allowing him to keep that long hair for more than a few weeks. They'll probably work it into the story, as if Eric (or whoever else) grew the long hair as some sort of lame disguise, LoL. Then they'll chop it off.

Bradyclan

mandy
Apr 6 2009, 05:31 PM

I agree. It's kind of odd that there haven't been any spoilers about how Chelsea is leaving yet. Maybe they had a few scenarios taped before deciding.
I kinda like this approach, it's keep us intrigued.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

if i'm not mistaken, i think wes makes his debut on today's show. i couldn't be sure because they just show the lower half of his face as he talks to stefano on the phone, but i think he's the guy stefano hires to bug the kiriakis mansion.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Can he act??He is cute,,but can he act??I do not want to suffer through another 'hunk"that fumbles his way through his scenes.I also do not get the big deal about keeping his identity a secret!

Sariah
Member Avatar

Aw, I loved Wes Ramsey as Wyatt on Charmed. I'll love him even more if he somehow manages to break up the snoozeville of Philip and Stephanie.

Ariel

Wyatt from Charmed? Sweet! He can act & he's hot, this might actually be interesting.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I'm sure there's more to the story than him being just a gardner, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :shrug:

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Gordon Thomson will play Owen's father.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

^^Really? A family already? That's interesting. Thanks RogerN

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

SOD is finally reporting the Thomson casting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply