Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols: "We were dropped like hot potatoes."; SN & MBE on SOD Cover
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 04:52 PM (2,980 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image

LATE-BREAKING NEWS

Nicole's Wedding Drama on DAYS

HOT PLOTS:

DAYS: Philip and Stephanie Have Sex!

Source: Rugrat at SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Darin Brooks is out? I thought he would do Days and that other show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Apr 7 2009, 04:55 PM
He probably still is and this is just SOD with it's typical headline selling BS.

Speaking of BS, I realize the GL news may have broke too late for the cover to be impacted but the fact that SN and MBE get the cover when GL is canceled and doesn't is dreadful. Hell, the fact that SN and MBE get a cover two months after the fact is deplorable. What did SOD not have anything else to put on the cover to sell issues so they have to resort to two fired Days stars who've been gone for weeks? Lame.

Can't wait for Philip and Stephanie to make love (glad they took it slow) or for the Nicole stuff. Also glad to see Days getting recognized in the Editor's Choice. I'm guessing that is for the Tony/Nicole stuff.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 7 2009, 05:02 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
It's a typical misleading headline.

He could be "out" for two days with the flu and they'd put it on the cover to make it sound as if he's leaving the show permanently. My guess is that he's just leaving for a few weeks to film that other show he's doing and then he'll be back, stinking up the screen once more.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ Yeah I hate that!

Especially with those GH covers where it says someone will die, and then it will end up being a nightmare or something I'm going to make a thread about those in the General Soap Discussion forum.

Kenny
Member Avatar

ga68153
Apr 7 2009, 05:09 PM
^ Yeah I hate that!

Especially with those GH covers where it says someone will die, and then it will end up being a nightmare or something I'm going to make a thread about those in the General Soap Discussion forum.
I think that if we all pooled our money together to create a soap opera publication of our own, we'd blow SOD and SOW right out of the water.

I remember the days when I used to buy the magazines every week and actually save them. I have probably 200+ SOD and SOW magazines in boxes, LoL. These days, on the rare occasion that I actually buy them, they go right in the trash once I've finished scanning through it.

e83talus
Member Avatar

I would still like to see what they have to say and what their take on things are. I mean we have a silent yet professional Dee Hall, Drake seems regretful and reflectful, but not bitter or angry, Thaoo is clearly pissed. I believe SN will give us an honest opinion as well.

coffeelover

e83talus
Apr 7 2009, 05:23 PM
I would still like to see what they have to say and what their take on things are. I mean we have a silent yet professional Dee Hall, Drake seems regretful and reflectful, but not bitter or angry, Thaoo is clearly pissed. I believe SN will give us an honest opinion as well.
She may be keeping it for the her "Tell All" book she is reportedly writing!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 7 2009, 05:01 PM
Can't wait for Philip and Stephanie to make love (glad they took it slow) or for the Nicole stuff. Also glad to see Days getting recognized in the Editor's Choice. I'm guessing that is for the Tony/Nicole stuff.
What does "Editor's Choice" mean?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 7 2009, 05:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 7 2009, 05:01 PM
What does "Editor's Choice" mean?
That's where the editors of the magazine get a chance to lick the asses of the hack writers in a two-page writeup by saying that their story was the best in daytime that week.

e83talus
Member Avatar

coffeelover
Apr 7 2009, 05:36 PM
e83talus
Apr 7 2009, 05:23 PM
She may be keeping it for the her "Tell All" book she is reportedly writing!
I do not believe she is writing a "tell all" book as has been reported. She noted in her Chat to fans in December that she was in talks for a book, but that it would be about her entire life, not just daytime. I believe the reports about her "tell all" book is similar to SOD and SOW headlines, misleading.

oldschoolfan

I am looking forward to seeing that interview with SN and MBE and what they have to say about how they were treated.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Well, they were dropped like hot potatos......I see why though. Payla was not given a single desecnt sl...As a matter of fact I thought they were more interesting in scenes they were not together in rather then the ones they were...very sad indeed. I look forward to hearing what the actors have to say.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

They could've cobbled something together for GL, I'm sure. And maybe they would have gotten a few curious looks from non-soap fans because that news was all over the place.

I'm also curious to see what the hot potatoes say. Part of me believes TPTB (Corday) brought them back and f-d it up on purpose to get people to stop bitching about Patch/Kayla and move on to embrace the future. But I think they did the same thing with Austin/Carrie in their last run, and with the Dimera-Brady feud resolution, and to some extent with Tony- demolishing the past piece-by-piece. 'Cause yeah- they did absolutely nothing, imho, during their last run and I never understood why they were tolerated, let alone beloved even after years off screen and unmentioned.

soapfan
Member Avatar

I was surprised that SB and MKE were given such a huge cover considering the big news about GL. I'm curious as to what they have to say in the interview too.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Finally.

I'm not sure why it's a cover story now. It must have been a slow week until the GL announcement. But it'll be good to hear their side of the story. I miss them.

Ives
Member Avatar

I am looking forward to the SN and MBE interview. Bittersweet it will be, though.

I still can't believe that they were not even told they were done until after they filmed their last scenes. :shame:

I really, really miss them, also.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

It's so hard for me. On one hand, I loved them during their first stint. Their return was botched and I understand needing to trim the budget. However, it's pretty insulting to not write out iconic characters such as the two of them and just say they are still in Salem. If I was SN or MBE, I wouldn't be happy.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 7 2009, 05:14 PM
ga68153
Apr 7 2009, 05:09 PM
^ Yeah I hate that!

I think that if we all pooled our money together to create a soap opera publication of our own, we'd blow SOD and SOW right out of the water.

I remember the days when I used to buy the magazines every week and actually save them. I have probably 200+ SOD and SOW magazines in boxes, LoL. These days, on the rare occasion that I actually buy them, they go right in the trash once I've finished scanning through it.
Oh man,,funny you should say that,,I have about 100,that I kept through the years,with my fave covers...my little friends and I,would pore over them,then save them for the covers..I have some awesome ones,,in fact,I was in high school,when Bope got the cover for their wedding..someone broke into my locker and stole it!!! :P I was pissed!!!Anyhoo.I agree these rags go straight into the trash now...sad really

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kenny
Apr 7 2009, 05:03 PM
Sindacco
It's a typical misleading headline.

He could be "out" for two days with the flu and they'd put it on the cover to make it sound as if he's leaving the show permanently. My guess is that he's just leaving for a few weeks to film that other show he's doing and then he'll be back, stinking up the screen once more.
Which is hilarious simply because a) this presumes people will be MORTIFIED if DB is out, when most people will be glad to hear it. and b) calling him "cutie" irritates me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply