Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols: "We were dropped like hot potatoes."; SN & MBE on SOD Cover
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 04:52 PM (3,003 Views)
EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 8 2009, 02:58 PM
Kenny
Apr 7 2009, 05:03 PM
Sindacco
Apr 7 2009, 04:55 PM
Darin Brooks is out? I thought he would do Days and that other show.
It's a typical misleading headline.

He could be "out" for two days with the flu and they'd put it on the cover to make it sound as if he's leaving the show permanently. My guess is that he's just leaving for a few weeks to film that other show he's doing and then he'll be back, stinking up the screen once more.
Which is hilarious simply because a) this presumes people will be MORTIFIED if DB is out, when most people will be glad to hear it. and b) calling him "cutie" irritates me.
I agree,,he said he would be away for 3 months to film his show,and I have yet to understand why he has lasted this long..he is boring as hell,and I wish if he did go,he would take Rafe with him,when he went,,they are both snoozeville..and about as exciting as two lit lighbulbs!! :x
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Apr 8 2009, 03:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The cutie thing- to me the randomness of the word effectively communicates how useless he is. I mean, they can't say "hunk" or "fave" or "star" or "villain" or "hero"- there's nothing! He's just that cute little guy who sometimes shows up to hit on family members.
Edited by px780, Apr 8 2009, 03:45 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 8 2009, 03:45 PM
The cutie thing- to me the randomness of the word effectively communicates how useless he is. I mean, they can't say "hunk" or "fave" or "star" or "villain" or "hero"- there's nothing! He's just that cute little guy who sometimes shows up to hit on family members.
LoL!

"Days Nobody Out!"

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LOL!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LMAO!

As much as I like Darin, it's true. A few years ago, he had the potential to be great. The next hero of Days. Now he's just...there. However, too many writing regimes with a different vision for him and the fact that any love interests he had outside of his nieces left the show hurt him big time. The show also had a chance to really develop the character last year but never fully committed to it. Now I sense Darin trying to compensate by acting goofy or just plain overacting because I think he senses the character is in a rut. Plus, the pairing him once again with Chelsea, while cute at first, really just went nowhere and not just because the show dragged it's feet with it due to the status of the actors. It was doing nothing for either character and, in a way, it's best that at least one of them is leaving right now. I think both Chelsea and Max have stagnated a bit and I love both actors but it would not bother me at all if Darin left right after Rachel.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I sometimes wonder if they can handle a couple s/ls at one time...look what they did with with the Bos visions crap. All their writing seems to be focusing on this ever-on-going s/l of the baby switch and being milked for all it's worth. I can't wait to get the take on SN and MBE feelings on the way they were let go...should be interesting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply