Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Spoiler pics; Wedding!
Topic Started: Apr 8 2009, 12:06 AM (5,781 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar

I don't like most wedding dresses I see these days. I don't like them sleeveless or strapless and I particularly don't like anything sleeveless or strapless for church weddings. I'm always shocked by what I see on Say Yes to the Dress--see through corsets, plunging necklines, etc. The only time on that show I can recall a dress with sleeves and a modest neckline was when an Orthodox Jewish bride found one that had long sleeves and I think a bateau neckline. It probably was the only one they had. So anyway, I love Nicole but I was hoping for a wedding dress that bucked the current trend in dresses. Not that I necessarily wanted her in my 1991 Laura Ashley number either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 8 2009, 12:05 PM
I see people coming to Church now with sleeveless and strapless dresses all the time. People dress in shorts and t-shirts for mass half the time. Times have changed LOL. Besides, as my grandmother always taught me, God doesn't care what you come to Church in, as long as you come to Church. Nicole looks beautiful and is very in style. The dress suits her IMO.
I don't know if you're responding to me or not, but in case you are, I just prefer sleeves in church. I know lots of people dress very casually for church but it isn't my style. I think my late grandmother felt differently from yours about church attire, bless them both. :smile: It's simply a personal preference from me; I'm sure priests, ministers, pastors, rabbis, etc. all have different feelings about proper wedding attire. What may fly in one place of worship won't in another.

And on a non-religious note, I've seen lots of brides who should stay away from sleeveless and strapless simply for aesthetic reasons. Arianne doesn't have those issues. Like I said, I love her and I think she's gorgeous--I'm just not a fan of those types of dresses on anyone.

Paxton
Member Avatar

shytstarter
Apr 9 2009, 08:03 AM
My only criticism is with the styling of such beautiful women. I wish they would give Chloe a new look. How they manage to make such a naturally beautiful woman look such cheap and overdone on a consistent daily basis, I will never know. Just dialing down the makeup gun from whore would make a world of difference. I really hate the hair, the ton of makeup and the orange permatan. She doesn't need all that.
So true. I think the hair and makeup department take Dolly Parton's joke that there is no such thing as natural beauty a little too literally.

I think I could live with Chloe's permatan if the makeup was toned down by about 70%, or, alternatively, I could possibly live with the makeup if her skin tone approximated flesh. But the hair--the extensions, the black cherry highlights, the bump it--it all has to go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply