Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look:Bo; April 21st issue
Topic Started: Apr 9 2009, 09:21 PM (2,562 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Bo has another flash of Hope and Roman in bed, but this time he sees a dated newspaper on the nightstand. Is Bo relieved to know when it is happening or more stressed? Peter says Bo is like, "What the hell is going on? That's today!" Bo knows something is going to happen, but not when or why or how.

Bo wakes up and Hope is gone which makes him even more insecure and he can't find her. Eventually he learns she is on a stakeout with Roman, but the police have no communication with them and their location has changed. It turns out that they are in a motel room after a drug dealer they were following spots them. They call for backup. "Bo takes off, but you don't see where he is going," says PR.

Meanwhile, Hope and Roman brace themselves as they see the doorknob to their room turn. They get their guns out and point them at the door. Bo bursts in. He isn't sure what is going on, but he has his gun out too.

They are not in bed, but the bed's messy and Hope is in a robe. Bo makes a sarcastic comment and Roman is oblivious. Since Bo has already taken down the bad guys Hope and Roman were worried about offcamera, Roman leaves and Bo is alone with Hope.

Hope explains that she spilled coffee on herself and that is why she is wearing a robe. Bo sees the newspaper he saw in the vision and puts three and three together. He realizes this is what the vision was all about; Roman and Hope on a stakeout in a motel room.

SOW asks Peter if this will make Bo not take his visions so literally from now on. Peter says that "Bo realizes his visions need to really be taken apart and investigated. They have to be interpreted a little."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

wow, this is what they come up with for THE SUPERCOUPLE? wow, this is lame!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Wait- no Rope?! Hope has to be lying. That's the storyline here, right? Not "Bo learns his visions are not always literal." 'Cause that's ridiculous.

Also ridiculous- he takes the bad guys out offscreen. Though I am impressed with the writers because it seems that nobody will be getting shot as a result of Bo and his visions.

Kriss4

THAT'S their storyline?

THAT?

Please. Bo and Hope deserve so much better than that stupidity.

Who thought that up?

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm telling y'all, it's a brilliant plan by Dena and Co. They can J&M, S&K, and Tanna but keep Bope as the token "supercouple" to appease at least some folks. But they don't really want to have to give them storylines or listen to people bitch about Bope being reduced to supporting characters, so they give them the most ridiculously contrived storyline in the history of ridiculously contrived storylines. They throw in Roman and the vomit inducing visions of Hope and Roman in bed together so that the audience is begging the show to just stop the madness. Then they give a ridiculous ending to the ridiculous storyline and everybody is so happy that this crap is over that they give a big sigh of relief when the writers put Bope in supporting cop mode again and give them nothing approaching an actual storyline again. It's utterly brilliant.

peaches179

Angie79
Apr 9 2009, 09:21 PM
SOW asks Peter if this will make Bo not take his visions so literally from now on. Peter says that "Bo realizes his visions need to really be taken apart and investigated. They have to be interpreted a little."

That's the understatement of the year!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

esp13
Apr 9 2009, 10:30 PM
I'm telling y'all, it's a brilliant plan by Dena and Co. They can J&M, S&K, and Tanna but keep Bope as the token "supercouple" to appease at least some folks. But they don't really want to have to give them storylines or listen to people bitch about Bope being reduced to supporting characters, so they give them the most ridiculously contrived storyline in the history of ridiculously contrived storylines. They throw in Roman and the vomit inducing visions of Hope and Roman in bed together so that the audience is begging the show to just stop the madness. Then they give a ridiculous ending to the ridiculous storyline and everybody is so happy that this crap is over that they give a big sigh of relief when the writers put Bope in supporting cop mode again and give them nothing approaching an actual storyline again. It's utterly brilliant.
That is a pretty damn good theory LOL.

Just for the record, I've felt since day one this story is all Tomlin and Whitesell. My issue is that, assuming your theory is correct or close to being correct, why bother? I mean, Bo and Hope have essentially been supporting characters through this visions story. They were supporting characters in the Fall and for most of 2007 too. I think many are already used to it and can deal with them being nothing more then cops. I think many are used to the kind of airtime they will get now, at least I think that is the case.

See, I think Tomlin and Whitesell wanted something campy and that brought the "out there" feel back to Days that it had in the 90's. I think they went with this story because it accomplishes two things. First, it gives them away to build suspense and anticipation through Bo's visions. It keeps the viewer guessing what may happen or when what is in the vision will happen and how and why it will happen. Second, it gives the only long-time supercouple left a story. It gets fans of the vets off their backs and appeals to them and it also serves a purpose in helping them build up suspense and anticipation for the other stories.

The thing I struggle with as far as the story goes is where they are going with this? Everything else on the show has a plan. You can see that. What is the plan here? There clearly is one or else why have this still going on nearly five months later? They are not dropping it and the story seems to keep evolving into something else. Now it's about Bo learning that his visions need to be interpreted, which actually is what Corday hinted at. He pointed out Bo's visions always weren't what they seemed.

I was ok with this story early on because they focused on the affect the visions had on Bo. They had him talking to Hope about it all and he was tormented. The story just got derailed for me after Kayla was shot and we got a month-long Bope separation that accomplished nothing, which is sad because they could've played off of the fact that they reunited so quickly in 2006 that they could've still had issues relating to Zack's death and the aftermath. Now, this recent twist with Roman intrigued me because I wondered WTF was going on but that ends up going nowhere too. It came off as just tossing Josh Taylor, who has done nothing in years, something to do for a bit. I just want some indication of the overall plan here because there is one. I'm just losing patience waiting to get to it. I understand the story won't be frontburner or get as much play as others but they need to give us something to grasp on to so we have some idea where this is all going.

The good thing is the Roman/Hope stuff is over and we hopefully never have to see them in bed together again LOL. Although, I have to say, it was nice that we didn't see the vision of them too much since the story did not get alot of focus over the past few weeks. After this week, hopefully the Roman/Hope vision is retired, never to be seen again LOL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

This story is just...just so stupid. I find it hard to believe Bope is Higley's fav couple when I rerad rubbish like this...So f-f worthy.

coffeelover

Thanks for posting!

This s/l has me at a loss for words.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Apr 10 2009, 02:03 AM
After this week, hopefully the Roman/Hope vision is retired, never to be seen again LOL.
Except in my nightmares, lol.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

OMG. I am laughing out loud. That's all I can do.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't believe this storyline is still going on. This sounds like the stupid plot of a half-hour sitcom or something. Bo and Hope are getting this? The only real supercouple left on this show are getting this kind of material? Wow! Part of me wishes Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso go the boot as well. It would stop us from having to endure this shit.

I knew Roman and Hope were going to be on a stake out. I called that the moment it was revealed that Roman was the man in bed with Hope. Actually, I think I called it the minute the spoiler leaked that Hope would be in bed with a man in general. I remember everyone wondering which man it would be. Rafe's name was thrown out there. I said they would probably be on some undercover assignment or something. No surprises here. Typical Higley. So predictable.

And I'm happy to see the villains of the week routine has returned. Roman and Hope are after these bad drug dealers that we have no idea about. Couldn't they have at least tied it into the DiMera/Kiriakis war storyline? No. That would call for real writers to plan out a story and see where the stories could intertwine. That's too much for them I guess.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 10 2009, 01:14 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 10 2009, 02:03 AM
The good thing is the Roman/Hope stuff is over and we hopefully never have to see them in bed together again LOL. Although, I have to say, it was nice that we didn't see the vision of them too much since the story did not get alot of focus over the past few weeks. After this week, hopefully the Roman/Hope vision is retired, never to be seen again LOL.
Honestly, I would have rather watched Roman and Hope have an affair. Yes, it would totally ruin both characters and make no sense, but at least it would have been something. There would have been some after-effects of the story. Instead, we get some stupid sitcom-type story that's resolved and everyone's happy.

Kailyn

it won't be long and I bet they are dropped to recurring characters. really I'm glad this contrived storyline is coming to an end and it didn't involve hope and Roman in bed except for a stupid vision. and if Bo and Hope are never again given a storyline under the pen of this hack that ok to. I really would like to see Peter and Kristian move to a sitcom and give Days the shaft.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Apr 10 2009, 01:12 PM
And I'm happy to see the villains of the week routine has returned. Roman and Hope are after these bad drug dealers that we have no idea about. Couldn't they have at least tied it into the DiMera/Kiriakis war storyline? No. That would call for real writers to plan out a story and see where the stories could intertwine. That's too much for them I guess.
It would have been exceedingly easy.

Bo could've seen Tony die- but do you tell the Dimeras? Do they listen? If they don't, do they come back after and say that your warning was a threat?

Bo could've seen Phillip get shot.

No thinking or planning involved. But then I guess you would have to remember that Bo is technically part of the Kiriakis family so he could plausibly participate in the ridiculously stupid war over a formula held hostage by a deranged teenager.

Bright side: as long as they're isolated like this there's less chance that they'll be written off in an irritating way. I mean, you know the minute they get involved with the Dimeras one of them is going to be shot and the other leaves town in tears, or Ciara gets killed on a play date with Theo or some shit and they leave town to grieve. Or Bo would end up fucking Melanie- 'cause I think part of the isolation is that they know Bo and Hope can't play in a real love triangle (maybe the Rope visions were a test). Would anyone rather have that?

fancyface78
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 10 2009, 03:51 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 10 2009, 01:12 PM
It would have been exceedingly easy.

Bo could've seen Tony die- but do you tell the Dimeras? Do they listen? If they don't, do they come back after and say that your warning was a threat?

Bo could've seen Phillip get shot.

No thinking or planning involved. But then I guess you would have to remember that Bo is technically part of the Kiriakis family so he could plausibly participate in the ridiculously stupid war over a formula held hostage by a deranged teenager.

Bright side: as long as they're isolated like this there's less chance that they'll be written off in an irritating way. I mean, you know the minute they get involved with the Dimeras one of them is going to be shot and the other leaves town in tears, or Ciara gets killed on a play date with Theo or some shit and they leave town to grieve. Or Bo would end up fucking Melanie- 'cause I think part of the isolation is that they know Bo and Hope can't play in a real love triangle (maybe the Rope visions were a test). Would anyone rather have that?
But why is the only option for a storyline a triangle? That's been done to death with Bo and Hope. There are a ton of other stories they could do for them that doesn't involve an interloper. They used to interact with other chracters all the time and it didn't revolve around third parties.

Dena just isn't creative enough to come up with a good story for them.

KathyRon

It ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS how they thought this would be even considered a good story for Peter & Kristian! If you can even call it a storyline! Bo & Hope have done some of their best stuff in the past without interlopers involved and could do it now, if they had any good writers on this show! There was NO PLAN for this so-called storyline, because that would require Dena & Tomlin to actually consider writing something for someone other than Ari or Allison! This was a throw them a bone, because they KNEW how upset Bope fans are with the lack of ANYTHING for these two wonderful vets! I so agree with the person that said how FANTASTIC it would be if Peter & Kristian could get some primetime show together and leave Days in the dusk! Especially since they are treatng them like @#$%^&!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

fancyface78
Apr 10 2009, 04:30 PM
But why is the only option for a storyline a triangle? That's been done to death with Bo and Hope. There are a ton of other stories they could do for them that doesn't involve an interloper. They used to interact with other chracters all the time and it didn't revolve around third parties.

Dena just isn't creative enough to come up with a good story for them.
Oh- I don't want a triangle. I'm just acknowledging the limitations we're dealing with.

It's either this isolated crap, triangle, nothing, death/injury/disappearance...or Hope becomes another Maggie. But now that they have less connection to the younger group with Chelsea leaving, the Maggie option isn't as viable.

Bopefan

This whole story was lame!! what was with the vison of Bo seeing Hope with only a sheet around her? and the vision he had before she was actually with another man, but with this spoiler she's not even under the covers with Roman(So glad!!). So they either overdid Bo's visions or there is more later. I still think that part of his vision is of him and Hope.

Maybe they'll explore why he's having these visions next. Not that they would put much thought into a storyline involving Bo and Hope.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply