Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look:Bo; April 21st issue
Topic Started: Apr 9 2009, 09:21 PM (2,563 Views)
fancyface78
Member Avatar

Bopefan
Apr 10 2009, 11:38 PM
This whole story was lame!! what was with the vison of Bo seeing Hope with only a sheet around her? and the vision he had before she was actually with another man, but with this spoiler she's not even under the covers with Roman(So glad!!). So they either overdid Bo's visions or there is more later. I still think that part of his vision is of him and Hope.

Maybe they'll explore why he's having these visions next. Not that they would put much thought into a storyline involving Bo and Hope.
You're right..it makes no sense for his visions to have been of Hope in bed making love to someone if that part of it isn't going to happen...

But then again...this is Dena we're talking about.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Can we just have Bo quit having visions?!! Please, this dumb, idioitc storyline has got to go. If DAYS wanted to have a psychic on the show, they should've never gotten rid of Celeste! Bo & Hope deserve so much better.

lastDays
Member Avatar

BO's VISION IS REALLY HOPE AND ROMAN ON A STAKEOUT Oh,I get it! Hardee -har-har :puke:
Edited by lastDays, Apr 11 2009, 11:21 AM.

Kailyn

I agree stop the stupid visions if this is the best Dena can come with then keep bo and Hope out of the mix and just bring them on to investigate and arrest. with Chelsea leaving I don't see much for Bope to do now so they will soon become recurring at best. jmo. this show stinks and I don't understand why the ratings are up.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 10 2009, 01:12 PM
I can't believe this storyline is still going on. This sounds like the stupid plot of a half-hour sitcom or something. Bo and Hope are getting this? The only real supercouple left on this show are getting this kind of material? Wow! Part of me wishes Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso go the boot as well. It would stop us from having to endure this shit.

I knew Roman and Hope were going to be on a stake out. I called that the moment it was revealed that Roman was the man in bed with Hope. Actually, I think I called it the minute the spoiler leaked that Hope would be in bed with a man in general. I remember everyone wondering which man it would be. Rafe's name was thrown out there. I said they would probably be on some undercover assignment or something. No surprises here. Typical Higley. So predictable.

And I'm happy to see the villains of the week routine has returned. Roman and Hope are after these bad drug dealers that we have no idea about. Couldn't they have at least tied it into the DiMera/Kiriakis war storyline? No. That would call for real writers to plan out a story and see where the stories could intertwine. That's too much for them I guess.
How is the villain of the week thing back?

We have random drug dealers for two episodes. It's not like we've had a new villain each week for the past 6 months. I don't think we've had that shit on this show since 2003 Higley.

I agree the story is completely stupid and frustrating because it's hard to figure out why they are doing this but there has to be some sort of plan. Otherwise, why keep it going this long? They are going somewhere with it or else it would have already faded away like so many other stories on Days in the past decade. I also don't think this is Higley at all. As horrible as this shit is, it's something that comes from "out of the box" thinking and Higley does not do that. This is too over the top and "out there" for her. This has Chris Whitesell and Gary Tomlin camp written all over it. It reeks of it. The sad part is it could've been interesting had they played it out right.

I also disagree with the notion that there is no long-term planning going on. How could they tie the drug dealers to the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff? The issue is the story just sucks and I'm glad they didn't tie it to anything else because that would just ruin the enjoyment of those other stories. Back to the planning though...every story has a plan, even this piece of shit Bo and Hope one. I think that is pretty obvious and many have pointed that out both on this board and others. Stories are intertwining. Look at the Dimera/Kiriakis feud? Most of the canvas is involved in that and some more characters will be getting involved in the next few weeks. The only story really isolated is this Bo and Hope story and hopefully that will change or they will just end it altogether and just involve them in the feud or something.

daysfan
Member Avatar

This is the ONE story on Days right now that I absolutely loathe.

With both Max and Chelsea both gone now, this is the one story that pretty much doesn't tie into the rest of the show...and thats fine, but with such a small cast, it feels weird. But thats not the main reason I hate it.....unless they are leading up to something like Phoenix may have suggested, it feelsl ike that this story is just there for the sake of throwing the last supercouple on the show a bone.

It just feels like some random story thats there for the show to say they are giving their vets a story. I mean I think Maggie, Victor, Stefano, and Kate(well the latter two have stories) get better material than this, and they don't even have their own stories. I mean, there is no rhythm to any of the visions...the only one that really tied into anything significant was Hope shooting Kayla.

If this Roman/Hope thing does lead to something, then good! But it just feels like instead of the villian of the week, we get the vision of the week, even if Higley's not behind it. If the story wanted to build up to Hope not being Hope like somen have speculated, they should have had Hope acting odd awhile back, and have Bo's visions involve that and gradually lead up to it, with maybe another vision here or there...instead it just feels like this was sort of randomly thrown in, though I doubt the vision really is how it sounds.

Kailyn

I suspect what will happen is the stupid visions are going in this direction because now something is going to really happen to Hope thats bad such as rape or some attack and the visions aren't trusted anymore so Bo will see this new vision and not trust it and ignore it and it will really happen then we will have Bope scraping again over these ridiculous visions. first she tells Bo to believe them then Hope tells Bo not to believe them then she will be telling Bo to believe them again. the whole thing gives me a splitting headache. please buy a boat and sail away again Bope just get far away from Salem.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Apr 11 2009, 04:14 PM
This is the ONE story on Days right now that I absolutely loathe.

With both Max and Chelsea both gone now, this is the one story that pretty much doesn't tie into the rest of the show...and thats fine, but with such a small cast, it feels weird. But thats not the main reason I hate it.....unless they are leading up to something like Phoenix may have suggested, it feelsl ike that this story is just there for the sake of throwing the last supercouple on the show a bone.

It just feels like some random story thats there for the show to say they are giving their vets a story. I mean I think Maggie, Victor, Stefano, and Kate(well the latter two have stories) get better material than this, and they don't even have their own stories. I mean, there is no rhythm to any of the visions...the only one that really tied into anything significant was Hope shooting Kayla.

If this Roman/Hope thing does lead to something, then good! But it just feels like instead of the villian of the week, we get the vision of the week, even if Higley's not behind it. If the story wanted to build up to Hope not being Hope like somen have speculated, they should have had Hope acting odd awhile back, and have Bo's visions involve that and gradually lead up to it, with maybe another vision here or there...instead it just feels like this was sort of randomly thrown in, though I doubt the vision really is how it sounds.
Exactly.

We'll see what happens but if this ends up going nowhere and leading to nothing, then I will always wonder why they just didn't do to Bo and Hope what they did to Maggie, Kate, Victor, etc. Just play them as supporting characters. Hogan did that in the Shawn/Belle/Philip story and in the Vendetta story. I would rather see them playing second fiddle then playing this crap.

They could've just played them as the town cops and had them involved in the Kiriakis/Dimera stuff. The good news is after this Hope/Roman shit ends this week, it seems they have Bo playing more into the Kiriakis/Dimera feud. They had him and Hope play into that with Tony's death and it was the first time I enjoyed the usage of them both in months.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Yeah, shove Alison Sweeney down our throats because goodness gracious, WHAT oh WHAT will ALL of humanity DO without PATHETIC Sami/Samaaaaantha, her never-ending whining, her brats and her WTD dramas?
Edited by KristianFanForever, Apr 13 2009, 03:59 PM.

flyinghigh

wow this is L-A-M-E!!!!!

wtf is up with the writers?? EVEN I can write a better storyline than this crap..like seriously...WTF??

the only reason I watch DAYS is for Ejole (EJ and Nicole)..and Stephanie and Phillip..even though they break up a gazillion times.. :(

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Apr 9 2009, 10:01 PM
THAT'S their storyline?

THAT?

Please. Bo and Hope deserve so much better than that stupidity.

Who thought that up?
Thank you!!I agree,,what utter and complete shit!!!I saw the beginning of Bope,and this is just a total disgrace,and insult to this couple..I hate this 'writing team'.. :flipoff:

dorothyg
Member Avatar

When I read that in Prevuze today, I LMAO. I couldn't believe this is what Bos visions were all about after all the build up. I feel like I've been ripped off. LOL. How utterly dumb and lame can a s/l get? This takes the cake. :lol:

Hoochie21
Member Avatar

I LOVE Bo & Hope, so what I'm about to say, I say with all the love in the world:

Please Ken, put Peter & Kristian out of their misery, they do NOT deserve this horrible treatment with this horrible excuse of a storyline. You already took away Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, John, and Marlena -- People they interacted with and were FRIENDS with, please make them leave with at least *some* dignity and respect, I'm pretty sure their hardcore fans HATE this storyline just as much as HACKley enjoys writing it, and they would be RELIEVED if they were let go, but you don't want to be proven an ageist PIG, so that's why you still have them on, is that right Corfucker?

I hope Peter & Kristian can QUIT on their own, but that's not how Ken works...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply