Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: New Scoops 4-13-09
Topic Started: Apr 13 2009, 12:18 PM (3,842 Views)
dorothyg
Member Avatar

I think Galen is attractive but he and Sami just don't got what it takes...I guess I'll always be an Ejami fan, but in all honesty, I find no chemistry between Sami and Rafe. Go Ejami!!!!! :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

We must understand that we live in a world of different tastes. When it comes to Sami, there seems to be a fanbase for her and Rafe, her and EJ and her and Lucas. If everybody had the same tastes, there would not be 3 fanbases. We must also understand people are stubborn so you're not going to convince an EJAMI fan that RAMI/SAFE is better or vice-versa. Personally, when Galen was on PASSIONS I never found him attractive and I thought he was a horrible actor. On DAYS however his acting is like a hundred times better. I think it has a lot to do with the writing being so over-the-top. This is also making him more attractive in my eyes as well. I still like EJ too. James is a pretty good actor, if only he could control that blinking which I'm now thinking could be morse code and it's saying Ken Corday is a big idiot! A lot of fans can't seem to get over him raping Sami, but it's funny how GENERAL HOSPITAL was able to pull that off with Luke and Laura, but GH didn't have the multi-Emmy winning Hogan Sheffer to pull that off! Wait, what? Yeah, that's right, those Emmy's did no good for that storyline! :) And don't get me started on Lucas. Bryan is a funny and nice guy in person but his acting is so one dimensional. His character is so angry so much of the time it's very distracting to me. The only time I actually liked LUMI was when they broke the bed, most of the rest of the time he was angry at Sami or trying to drive her crazy. So maybe for me it is the negative history Sami shares with both Lucas and EJ that makes Rafe so appealing. For once Sami has a man that is actually looking out for her, which wouldn't we all want that?

Kailyn

KristianFanForever
Apr 13 2009, 07:54 PM
Alana
Apr 13 2009, 06:20 PM
You seriously need help...let me help start to collect for a rehab!

Rachel did a great job of portraying Chelsea...I am going to miss her for sure...she made Days so much more interesting...at least for me...lol
*I* need help for expressing my opinion on a fictional character? Get real!
Kristian fanforever I just have to laugh at your hate for that poor charcater and I laugn even harder when people take characters so seriously good for you to have an opinion of your own. there is a borad I will not mention that takes the show so serious that they confuse the character with the actress because they are always repremanding their members that have disdain for chelsea because someone thinks they know this actress personally and so that somehow makes the character likeable.I respect your opinion even of I like Chelsea. and I hadly think you need a phychiatrist for your opinion.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

If we all liked the same things, we'd all be driving cadillacs instead of chevys. That's the beauty of it. We all aren't going to like the same things and that's just a fact. No offense intended, but usually anyone that doesn't support Ejami has to put on their shoulder pads/helmets to try to "show" and "explain" why they like someone other than Ejami/EJ/Sami, etc. :blah: There just has to be acceptance that some actually prefer Safe or Rafe. There is no "understand" to it. That's just the way some fans feel.
Edited by lazydazes, Apr 14 2009, 07:04 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

SafeFan
Apr 13 2009, 06:49 PM
I have no problem explaining why Rafe is a fan favorite.
Thanks for that.

I get that people have different tastes, and I accept that (reluctantly, of course, because like everyone else my personal opinion is the correct one). I just like to try and understand where people are coming from, because to me the whole Rafe setup (witness protection) was so contrived, shallow, and lazy that I can't get behind his character. I'm not coming from a particular rival fanbase, either- I'm kind of done with Sami and her romantic entanglements at this point, though I was once a Lucas/Sami fan. So my question about understanding was just curiosity.

SafeFan

px780
Apr 14 2009, 09:38 PM
SafeFan
Apr 13 2009, 06:49 PM
I have no problem explaining why Rafe is a fan favorite.
Thanks for that.

I get that people have different tastes, and I accept that (reluctantly, of course, because like everyone else my personal opinion is the correct one). I just like to try and understand where people are coming from, because to me the whole Rafe setup (witness protection) was so contrived, shallow, and lazy that I can't get behind his character. I'm not coming from a particular rival fanbase, either- I'm kind of done with Sami and her romantic entanglements at this point, though I was once a Lucas/Sami fan. So my question about understanding was just curiosity.
Px780, I apologize if I went more in depth. I actually agree with you that the Safe story had less strength than I thought it could have, I wouldn't use the same adjectives, but I knew it was all out curiousity. I totally respect that your point of view.

SafeFan

lazydazes
Apr 14 2009, 07:02 PM
If we all liked the same things, we'd all be driving cadillacs instead of chevys. That's the beauty of it. We all aren't going to like the same things and that's just a fact. No offense intended, but usually anyone that doesn't support Ejami has to put on their shoulder pads/helmets to try to "show" and "explain" why they like someone other than Ejami/EJ/Sami, etc. :blah: There just has to be acceptance that some actually prefer Safe or Rafe. There is no "understand" to it. That's just the way some fans feel.
EJami is an Ace card, no doubt about it. When they need it, they will use it. The question really is in conjunction with what? It will most likely be Nicole and could be at least one other male character involved. I am pulling for Rafe because the Safe house storyline was most likely written because of Alison's pregnancy. They brought in Galen on the heels of the large Lumi and Ejami fanbases and pioneered something in a sequestered setting. I just want to see a Phase 2 of Rafe for being an all around good guy both on screen and off.

SafeFan

MrsMahaney
Apr 14 2009, 06:11 PM
We must understand that we live in a world of different tastes. When it comes to Sami, there seems to be a fanbase for her and Rafe, her and EJ and her and Lucas. If everybody had the same tastes, there would not be 3 fanbases. We must also understand people are stubborn so you're not going to convince an EJAMI fan that RAMI/SAFE is better or vice-versa. Personally, when Galen was on PASSIONS I never found him attractive and I thought he was a horrible actor. On DAYS however his acting is like a hundred times better. I think it has a lot to do with the writing being so over-the-top. This is also making him more attractive in my eyes as well. I still like EJ too. James is a pretty good actor, if only he could control that blinking which I'm now thinking could be morse code and it's saying Ken Corday is a big idiot! A lot of fans can't seem to get over him raping Sami, but it's funny how GENERAL HOSPITAL was able to pull that off with Luke and Laura, but GH didn't have the multi-Emmy winning Hogan Sheffer to pull that off! Wait, what? Yeah, that's right, those Emmy's did no good for that storyline! :) And don't get me started on Lucas. Bryan is a funny and nice guy in person but his acting is so one dimensional. His character is so angry so much of the time it's very distracting to me. The only time I actually liked LUMI was when they broke the bed, most of the rest of the time he was angry at Sami or trying to drive her crazy. So maybe for me it is the negative history Sami shares with both Lucas and EJ that makes Rafe so appealing. For once Sami has a man that is actually looking out for her, which wouldn't we all want that?
Yes, indeed, what woman wouldn't want that? I think you may be responding to Go, Lujafe. I actually wrote that because I have seen Alison do a string of interviews and get these questions and everyone wants to know what's going to happen next. I adore Alison and I know that she wants what's best for everyone. I have never seen her be thrown a curveball and not make a home run out of it.
At the end of the day, Lujafe, is just a crunch name for forget about the fanbases, just give us the best story that can be written with what they have to work with at this time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply