Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of April 27th; *UPDATED 4/25*
Topic Started: Apr 14 2009, 10:06 PM (12,877 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

CDN TV Guide spoilers

Monday
Nicole interrupts a fight between EJ and Brady; Lexie tests Stefano for poisoning at the hospital.

Tuesday
Philip suffers from vivid nightmares about the shooting; Lexie reveals that Stefano has diabetes; Chelsea finds out that Max applied to med school in Chicago.

Wednesday
Nicole faces her conscience; Mia forgets her baby troubles with Will at the Java Café.

Thursday
EJ thinks of Sami while making love to Nicole; Stephanie proposes that Philip run away with her; Chelsea nearly ruins Max's chances at Salem University.

Friday
Rafe and Arianna spend the night catching up; Chloe runs into Father Matt and continues keeping her secret from him.

**Updated 4/15**

SOW Spoilers

EJ interrupts Sami and Rafe

Mia and Will go on their first date

Chelsea gets bad news about Billie

Will encourages Lucas

**UPDATED 4/21**

Daily spoilers

Monday, April 27th
Nicole interrupts a major confrontation between Brady and E.J.; Lexie runs tests on Stefano; Mia visits Will; Sami tries to convince Rafe to stay in Salem.

Tuesday, April 28th
Stephanie makes a mysterious call; Stefano gets a diagnosis; Chelsea and Max realize how much they mean to each other; Sami and Rafe share a passionate kiss.

Wednesday, April 29th
E.J. finds himself thinking about Sami during an intimate moment with Nicole; Rafe confronts Sami; Chloe worries about Brady; Mia and Will spend time together.

Thursday, April 30th
Rafe and Arianna reunite; E.J. gets an email about Dr. Baker; Stephanie wants Philip to go away with her; Max makes a promise to Chelsea.

Friday, May 1st
Sami asks Lucas to keep her secret to himself; Arianna and Rafe spend time catching up; Chelsea volunteers to go to London to help Billie.

**UPDATED 4/22**

SOD Spoilers

- EJ interrupts a passionate moment between Rafe and Sami.
- Chelsea and Kate learn terrible news about Billie.
- Mia and Will go on their first date.

SOW Spoilers

- EJ fears Stefano has been poisoned.
- Stephanie begs Philip to run away with her.
- Mia and Will go on their first date.
- Chelsea gets bad news about Billie.

**UPDATED 4/23**

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

Hope goes to the DiMera mansion to question Nicole.

Sami tells Lucas to keep quiet about Grace.

Lexie tells Stefano he has diabetes.

Brady tells Chloe he’s no longer in love with Nicole.

Sami overhears Rafe tell Arianna how much he loves her.

Thursday – Chelsea learns Billie has been in a severe accident in London.

Friday – Kate tells Daniel she knows he had an affair with Chloe.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

**UPDATED 4/25**

More daily spoilers

Monday, April 27th
EJ and Brady have a major confrontation; Lexie tests Stefano for poisoning; Brady reassures Victor that his loyalties are with the family; Mia goes to visit Will and Grace; Sami tries to convince Rafe to stay in Salem.

Tuesday, April 28th
Lexie tells Stefano he has diabetes; Philip has a nightmare about his shooting; Chelsea finds out Max applied to med school in Chicago; Rafe demands that Sami tell him what she really came to the airport to say.

Wednesday, April 29th
Hope goes to the DiMera mansion to question Nicole; Brady tells Chloe he's no longer in love with Nicole; while Mia is at the café with Will, her old friend Tad stops by; Rafe demands to know what feelings Sami still has for EJ.

Thursday, April 30th
Chelsea learns Billie has been in a severe accident in London; EJ and Nicole discuss the necessity of secrets; Stephanie presents Philip with plane tickets and asks him to go away with her.

Friday, May 1st
Sami asks Lucas to keep quiet about Grace; Kate tells Daniel she knows he had an affair with Chloe; Rafe tells Arianna how much he loves her, and Sami overhears; Chelsea and Kate learn more about Billie's accident.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

DIABETES??....come on...how boring??...I wanted some arsenic or something poisonous?

WOO HOO....EJ v Brady! I love their scenes together! I bet Brady accuses EJ of beating him up. Maybe its even about Nicole!!
Thanks for the spoilers!
Liz

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Ooooo I eagerly await the climactic reveal, in which Lexie will be forced to tell Stephano that he can no longer have his cake and eat it to....unless of course that cake is sugar-less!.......Golly, this show is lame!

This show's down fall will be like that of passions....Anticlimactic! Every fan needs a payoff in a sl to keep them tuning into the next. No one wants to be bored and when you drag things out that is what your fans get....BORED!

We all want the climax....seriously, don't arouse my interest only to deny me the Climax I crave. Sex minus a climax is lousey! Are you going to hop into bed with a lover who can't finish the job?...Cause I sure as hell am not!...As a matter of fact I don't think I am willing to tune into a show that fails to do the job...No way!

These stupid tid bits that belong in a very special episode on a sitcom in the 80's are not going to hold the interest of many. And from what we saw in the sweeps preview SWEEPS is very un-sweep like in May....This show is dying a slow and painfilled death at the hands of Higley and Tomlin.

RIP DOOLS

JDB

Max wanting to be a doctor now is beyond fucking lame. They could have written him out as going back to school to be some 'green' scientist who wants to save the world or something that might have made sense, but this... So so glad DB got his new show off the ground.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dragonish1
Apr 15 2009, 12:03 AM
Ooooo I eagerly await the climactic reveal, in which Lexie will be forced to tell Stephano that he can no longer have his cake and eat it to....unless of course that cake is sugar-less!.......Golly, this show is lame!

This show's down fall will be like that of passions....Anticlimactic! Every fan needs a payoff in a sl to keep them tuning into the next. No one wants to be bored and when you drag things out that is what your fans get....BORED!

We all want the climax....seriously, don't arouse my interest only to deny me the Climax I crave. Sex minus a climax is lousey! Are you going to hop into bed with a lover who can't finish the job?...Cause I sure as hell am not!...As a matter of fact I don't think I am willing to tune into a show that fails to do the job...No way!

These stupid tid bits that belong in a very special episode on a sitcom in the 80's are not going to hold the interest of many. And from what we saw in the sweeps preview SWEEPS is very un-sweep like in May....This show is dying a slow and painfilled death at the hands of Higley and Tomlin.

RIP DOOLS
First off, it's not like the show built up Stefano's situation as something big. This is why spoilers hurt. We've known about the possible Stefano poisoning spoiler since over a month ago when the April/May spoilers leaked on the Sony site and the problem with that is it allows anticipation to build and sets up high expectations. Essentially, there is a high probability of disappointment. If that spoiler never came out and if the show was better and more vague with spoilers like in the 90's, we may have never known what was coming and then there wouldn't be such a sense of disappointment because no one would've built the Stefano thing up to be something bigger then it was.

There has not even been a hint of it on air yet, other then him having a little dizzy spell in Tony's room a few weeks ago. That's it. It's not like the show has been hyping Stefano's illness for weeks. It's just him feeling ill and then he gets worried because with everything going on there is a possibility someone, namely a Kiriakis, could be out to kill him. That's it. I think this situation serves two purposes. It shows that Stefano is well aware that the Kiriakis family can match up with his family, hence his paranoia, and it gives Stefano something personal to deal with. I like the idea of giving a man who has this invincible aura about him something like diabetes because it's those kind of people that get hit the hardest when they end up with something like that. It will be a personal struggle for him and I like that. I don't want supervillain Stefano. I want a human being. The fact is the man is getting older and I'm glad the show is doing this with his character. I like the current regime's take on Stefano at this point in his life.

As for payoffs, the best payoffs are the ones you wait for. That is good soap opera. It's a shame that in this day and age shows get bashed when they choose to wait. If you have a whopper of a secret, you hold on to it and milk the story for as long as possible. The more you build the story...the better the payoff and the repercussions. The show has several big secrets with the baby switch (both Nicole and Sami's secrets) and the Chloe/Dan affair and both have been going on less then 6 months. In all honesty, it's too soon to get to the payoff. Let's say you expose everything and play the repercussions. Then, in 6 months, you have nothing and have to start all over and build things up again. Play all the beats and explore everything you can should be the show's adage and that seems to be what they are following and wisely so. That is classic soap and it's been a recipe for ratings success in the past.

I wouldn't even compare Passions to this. Not at all. Passions dragged some of their stuff out for 5 years or more. JER's first run at Days dragged things out for years. The stuff on Days is barely 6 months old. It's no wonder so many TV shows have run out of ideas. They've caved to fans and moved so fast that they've burned through everything they have.

The pace and flow of the show is just right. They have things happening while they are building the stories very well. That is really the best formula. The longer you can keep people interested and waiting, then better the effect when the shit really hits the fan.

Back to the spoilers...they all sound good but the Max one. I love Darin but he and Chelsea can't leave soon enough for me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Blah!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Have the DAYS writers not realized they can't write social stories? When will they stop putting themselves and more importantly, the fans, through this hell?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Actually, they can when there is no creative interference.

The autism story was pretty damn good once Scott left and during that period where Higley was pretty much left alone to control things. Days handled the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome story and Chloe's leukemia back in 2002 well. I have confidence it can be done well providing the writers are allowed to write like they have been the past few months. If Corday is truly out of it, then I'm quite optimistic.

I don't see this being a big deal though. I wouldn't want it to be anyway. There isn't alot they can do with diabetes. I like the idea of it affecting Stefano and I look forward to seeing the impact it will have on him.

Nicole Walker

I love me some EJ and Brady scenes! YES!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 01:26 AM

The autism story was pretty damn good once Scott left and during that period where Higley was pretty much left alone to control things. Days handled the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome story and Chloe's leukemia back in 2002 well. I have confidence it can be done well providing the writers are allowed to write like they have been the past few months. If Corday is truly out of it, then I'm quite optimistic.

I don't see this being a big deal though. I wouldn't want it to be anyway. There isn't alot they can do with diabetes. I like the idea of it affecting Stefano and I look forward to seeing the impact it will have on him.
Okay. This current writing team had nothing to do with the Fetal Alcohol Syndrom storyline nor Chloe's leukemia. That shouldn't even be brought up.

I'm talking about this writing team. Are you really bringing up Theo's autism storyline? Sure, there were a few scenes here and there that were praised by fans because we had been waiting for the scenes since the damn storyline started in May, and we finally got them in October/November. That's why they were praised. Not because they were good, or groundbreaking or something worthy of appraisal.

The autism storyline, Bo's mysterious illness that we still don't know the cause of, Kate's cancer, Nick's addiction, etc. All of these storylines were poorly executed because Higley and her writing team can't do these types of stories. I'm expecting nothing more with Stefano's diabetes storyline now. It will flop just like the others.

This current writing team needs to stick with baby switches, who's the daddy storylines, affair storylines, triangles, psychos, etc, storylines that are fairly easy to tell and don't need much thought or craft. Because we aren't getting anything else, and it's embarrassing when they try these storylines and they just flop.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 15 2009, 02:17 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 15 2009, 02:12 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 01:26 AM

Okay. This current writing team had nothing to do with the Fetal Alcohol Syndrom storyline nor Chloe's leukemia. That shouldn't even be brought up.

I'm talking about this writing team. Are you really bringing up Theo's autism storyline? Sure, there were a few scenes here and there that were praised by fans because we had been waiting for the scenes since the damn storyline started in May, and we finally got them in October/November. That's why they were praised. Not because they were good, or groundbreaking or something worthy of appraisal.

The autism storyline, Bo's mysterious illness that we still don't know the cause of, Kate's cancer, Nick's addiction, etc. All of these storylines were poorly executed because Higley and her writing team can't do these types of stories. I'm expecting nothing more with Stefano's diabetes storyline now. It will flop just like the others.

This current writing team needs to stick with baby switches, who's the daddy storylines, affair storylines, triangles, psychos, etc, storylines that are fairly easy to tell and don't need much thought or craft. Because we aren't getting anything else, and it's embarrassing when they try these storylines and they just flop.
Valid points. I only brought up the other stories because the focus seemed to be on Days in general but, since you went a bit more specific, your right those other stories have nothing to do with this, unless you want to get into several of the writers on the current team being on staff during the years those stories took place, which is why I have hope Days can do these stories well.

I disagree, pretty much on the premise that I think the show is in a much more stable position in all facets now then it was in 2008 and early on in Tomlin's tenure when he and Whitesell were transitioning the show into it's current state. We'll see what happens.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 15 2009, 02:54 AM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I tend to think that Stefano's diabetes is nothing more than a plot point, so there's no need to worry about whether Days can pull off some kind of storyline. It won't be character development. It won't propel us anywhere. It's a red herring in the new feud. Unless perhaps they bring back Rolf and we learn that Stefano's diabetes could be cured with a transfusion from one of Sami's babies, or from Kate or something.
'
And hell, with Lexie diagnosing the issue there's a high probability that she's straight-up wrong. Woman couldn't distinguish dead from alive during the SSK storyline.

Bradyclan

Yay! EJ and Brady fight!

It seems that they were finally giving Max a direction but it too DB leaving a shame.

Darin and Rachel will be missed.The younger set will suffer in the summer. Summer of Stef and Mel. Blah!!
Edited by Bradyclan, Apr 15 2009, 06:43 AM.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 15 2009, 12:41 AM
Dragonish1

RIP DOOLS
First off, it's not like the show built up Stefano's situation as something big. This is why spoilers hurt. We've known about the possible Stefano poisoning spoiler since over a month ago when the April/May spoilers leaked on the Sony site and the problem with that is it allows anticipation to build and sets up high expectations. Essentially, there is a high probability of disappointment. If that spoiler never came out and if the show was better and more vague with spoilers like in the 90's, we may have never known what was coming and then there wouldn't be such a sense of disappointment because no one would've built the Stefano thing up to be something bigger then it was.

There has not even been a hint of it on air yet, other then him having a little dizzy spell in Tony's room a few weeks ago. That's it. It's not like the show has been hyping Stefano's illness for weeks. It's just him feeling ill and then he gets worried because with everything going on there is a possibility someone, namely a Kiriakis, could be out to kill him. That's it. I think this situation serves two purposes. It shows that Stefano is well aware that the Kiriakis family can match up with his family, hence his paranoia, and it gives Stefano something personal to deal with. I like the idea of giving a man who has this invincible aura about him something like diabetes because it's those kind of people that get hit the hardest when they end up with something like that. It will be a personal struggle for him and I like that. I don't want supervillain Stefano. I want a human being. The fact is the man is getting older and I'm glad the show is doing this with his character. I like the current regime's take on Stefano at this point in his life.

As for payoffs, the best payoffs are the ones you wait for. That is good soap opera. It's a shame that in this day and age shows get bashed when they choose to wait. If you have a whopper of a secret, you hold on to it and milk the story for as long as possible. The more you build the story...the better the payoff and the repercussions. The show has several big secrets with the baby switch (both Nicole and Sami's secrets) and the Chloe/Dan affair and both have been going on less then 6 months. In all honesty, it's too soon to get to the payoff. Let's say you expose everything and play the repercussions. Then, in 6 months, you have nothing and have to start all over and build things up again. Play all the beats and explore everything you can should be the show's adage and that seems to be what they are following and wisely so. That is classic soap and it's been a recipe for ratings success in the past.

I wouldn't even compare Passions to this. Not at all. Passions dragged some of their stuff out for 5 years or more. JER's first run at Days dragged things out for years. The stuff on Days is barely 6 months old. It's no wonder so many TV shows have run out of ideas. They've caved to fans and moved so fast that they've burned through everything they have.

The pace and flow of the show is just right. They have things happening while they are building the stories very well. That is really the best formula. The longer you can keep people interested and waiting, then better the effect when the shit really hits the fan.

Back to the spoilers...they all sound good but the Max one. I love Darin but he and Chelsea can't leave soon enough for me.
Ok, First off You are way way off base....Steffy's illness....Well that is the meaningless boring ass tid bit shit that I was saying belonged in an sitcom episode in the 80's. I do not give a rat's ass about build up in his illness...its boring and it will soon be another plot twist soon forgotten.

The show is extremely anticlimactic! Nicole has not had the truth of her evil deeds revealed about her thus far and its been going on for months.For christ sake the wedding would have been the perfect opportunity and yet nothing....not even Sami reveals
Grace. There is no payoff here and I find that absolutely BORING! And I saw the sweeps preview and it is most bland, no PAYOFFS ANYTIME SOON...Can we get some salt for this show, seriously!

As for this show not being like Passions? WTF EVER! Bo and his stupid visions...No payoffs and stupid meaningless half hearted and half assed plot points are what made Passions what it was...Garbage!

Not to mention we now have Tomlin from Passions...Galen from Passions and Eric From Passions.

At work ppl turned off Dools for OLTL months ago...Well, the other day I turned the set on to Dools....Ppl were like WTF is this? Is this Passions? Is Passions back?...Why you ask? Because of the fearured actors above and of course the obvious Passions like delivery in the writing and producing...Dools is now a joke.

I have nothing against Galen or Eric. I think Eric is a very decent actor....However, Tomlin in my opinion was a failure at least a huge part of Passions failure and I see the patterns from Passions now on Dools.

IMO the show is doomed under DH and Tomlin's care

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Apr 15 2009, 07:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dragonish1

RIP DOOLS

Ok, First off You are way way off base....Steffy's illness....Well that is the meaningless boring ass tid bit shit that I was saying belonged in an sitcom episode in the 80's. I do not give a rat's ass about build up in his illness...its boring and it will soon be another plot twist soon forgotten.

The show is extremely anticlimactic! Nicole has not had the truth of her evil deeds revealed about her thus far and its been going on for months.For christ sake the wedding would have been the perfect opportunity and yet nothing....not even Sami reveals
Grace. There is no payoff here and I find that absolutely BORING! And I saw the sweeps preview and it is most bland, no PAYOFFS ANYTIME SOON...Can we get some salt for this show, seriously!

As for this show not being like Passions? WTF EVER! Bo and his stupid visions...No payoffs and stupid meaningless half hearted and half assed plot points are what made Passions what it was...Garbage!

Not to mention we now have Tomlin from Passions...Galen from Passions and Eric From Passions.

At work ppl turned off Dools for OLTL months ago...Well, the other day I turned the set on to Dools....Ppl were like WTF is this? Is this Passions? Is Passions back?...Why you ask? Because of the fearured actors above and of course the obvious Passions like delivery in the writing and producing...Dools is now a joke.

I have nothing against Galen or Eric. I think Eric is a very decent actor....However, Tomlin in my opinion was a failure at least a huge part of Passions failure and I see the patterns from Passions now on Dools.

Damn straight!!!You have to give a payoff..its been MONTHS since Nicole lost her kid...and it goes on and on and on...DOOL is about to be screwed,cause when the GA SEES with their own little peepers,that NOTHING Is going to be revealed,in this lameass baby switch..they are going to start tuning out in droves...and I also agree with you about Tomlin..his intent is to make GG one of the stars of this show,,and I am sorry,,but he is a terrible actor...he has two expressions..duh,and double duh...I have NO interest in him,whatsoever..as for Eric Martsolf,,he IS a decent actor,but is being written stupid as hell...I LIKE him...as for social issues,,DH has no damn biz,TOUCHING any health issue...Kate's lung cancer,was a disgrace,,and a fuckin plot point!!My Dad had lung cancer,and he died from it..it is NOT the way it was portrayed,,it was a freakin plot point for for Dr Dan to grope Chloe and then have an affair with her...you are right this show IS lame..and its IS turning into Passions..when will the baby reveal happen??When the show airs its last day??Like it did with the whole Ethan/Theresa/Gwen bullshit??Tomlin is going to ruin this show..wait and see :redface:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Apr 15 2009, 08:17 AM
Dragonish1
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Damn straight!!!You have to give a payoff..its been MONTHS since Nicole lost her kid...and it goes on and on and on...DOOL is about to be screwed,cause when the GA SEES with their own little peepers,that NOTHING Is going to be revealed,in this lameass baby switch..they are going to start tuning out in droves...and I also agree with you about Tomlin..his intent is to make GG one of the stars of this show,,and I am sorry,,but he is a terrible actor...he has two expressions..duh,and double duh...I have NO interest in him,whatsoever..as for Eric Martsolf,,he IS a decent actor,but is being written stupid as hell...I LIKE him...as for social issues,,DH has no damn biz,TOUCHING any health issue...Kate's lung cancer,was a disgrace,,and a fuckin plot point!!My Dad had lung cancer,and he died from it..it is NOT the way it was portrayed,,it was a freakin plot point for for Dr Dan to grope Chloe and then have an affair with her...you are right this show IS lame..and its IS turning into Passions..when will the baby reveal happen??When the show airs its last day??Like it did with the whole Ethan/Theresa/Gwen bullshit??Tomlin is going to ruin this show..wait and see :redface:
I'm sorry Phoenix, I know you are the eternal optimist, and I appreciate that more than you know, but I"ve got to agree with Dragon and EJ's girl on this one. This lack of payoff I think is going to cost DOOL in ratings, big time. We (the internet lurkers) know that there isn't a payoff, but the GA doesn't know that yet, and I think they are going to be passed pissed when they discover it.

I also agree with EJ'sgirl and Dragon that GG is not a good actor. He's not anywhere in the same ballpark with some of the ones he's put in scenes with. I also think EM is good, and I wish tptb would use him more. He's actually got some talent. TPTB need to quit trying to make GG out to be some leading man.......it might've worked on Passions(actually it didn't work, ie cancelled). But I think for the most part, your typical soap viewer isn't interested in all that mess that Passions tried to sell. GG might be good looking :shrug: , and a great guy in real life, but he just hasn't got the acting chops.

Don't even get me started on Stefano finding out he has diabetes. Not that I don't think that's a serious illness. But really, DOOL has missed the mark on every "socially relevant" issue since Higley came aboard. The autism NOT story was awful!! Bo's mystery illness :sleep: .

I think Tomlin needs to get out of the "Passions mode" and give some payoff to the viewers before they tune out in droves. I honestly think it may be too late for that once everyone gets the "nothing's really happening" May sweeps.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05

I completely agree and I think a big part of it is, like you mentioned, that we had that unusual spoiler leak that we've known about for many weeks. Normally we wouldn't have six weeks' worth of spoilers or whatever that was. If you look only at what's played out on screen, there's no evidence that anyone is poisoning Stefano. And him having diabetes may play out as being a key weakness that Victor or Kate or Philip or whoever can exploit--it doesn't necessarily mean it's the end of the story or that they're planning on doing some sort of PSA story on diabetes prevention and control. It may end up sucking, but then again, it may not.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JANALH
Apr 15 2009, 10:26 AM
EjsGaGirl
Apr 15 2009, 08:17 AM
Dragonish1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I'm sorry Phoenix, I know you are the eternal optimist, and I appreciate that more than you know, but I"ve got to agree with Dragon and EJ's girl on this one. This lack of payoff I think is going to cost DOOL in ratings, big time. We (the internet lurkers) know that there isn't a payoff, but the GA doesn't know that yet, and I think they are going to be passed pissed when they discover it.

I also agree with EJ'sgirl and Dragon that GG is not a good actor. He's not anywhere in the same ballpark with some of the ones he's put in scenes with. I also think EM is good, and I wish tptb would use him more. He's actually got some talent. TPTB need to quit trying to make GG out to be some leading man.......it might've worked on Passions(actually it didn't work, ie cancelled). But I think for the most part, your typical soap viewer isn't interested in all that mess that Passions tried to sell. GG might be good looking :shrug: , and a great guy in real life, but he just hasn't got the acting chops.

Don't even get me started on Stefano finding out he has diabetes. Not that I don't think that's a serious illness. But really, DOOL has missed the mark on every "socially relevant" issue since Higley came aboard. The autism NOT story was awful!! Bo's mystery illness :sleep: .

I think Tomlin needs to get out of the "Passions mode" and give some payoff to the viewers before they tune out in droves. I honestly think it may be too late for that once everyone gets the "nothing's really happening" May sweeps.
First, quick question - have the May sweeps previews been posted somewhere and I've just missed them? :shrug:

I have to chime in my agreement with Dragon, EJsgirl and Janal. I didn't watch Passions but had an awareness of what was going on by reading boards and the soap magazines and it was easy enough to keep up because the fact is, nothing ever DID go on. It was a show of never ending storylines and zero payoffs. That is the last thing I want to see happen with DAYS, but sadly, it sure looks like that's where we are heading. The ratings will spike during the EJole wedding, no doubt - because people will be tuning in to see the :shithitfan: But the truth is you can only pull that stunt - luring the viewers with the promise of a big reveal and then nothing happens - once or twice before the GA gets bored or frustrated and tunes out. It's just not worth the aggravation. And the real shame here is, once again, there isn't a single fan base that is happy with the way things are going. With the baby steal/switch story hanging over like a black cloud none of the potential couples (EJami, EJole, Safe, Bricole) can move away from the mess and have a solid romance. Every one of them are tethered to this mess until the truth finally comes out. Sadly, if and when it ever does you wonder who will be left that cares. :huh1:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

JANALH
Apr 15 2009, 10:26 AM
And I saw the sweeps preview and it is most bland, no PAYOFFS ANYTIME SOON...Can we get some salt for this show, seriously!

I haven't seen the May sweeps preview. What was in them?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply